Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
People on other sites are reporting that new orders for the premium edition are resulting in cancellations within a few hours. So, I suspect the fact that they still have it up for preorder is in fact an error and they are sold out.
so I went to check mine for the heck of it, and all of my orders in general are missing. I guess I will let it be for now and if they aren't back by tomorrow I will talk to support.

so I went to check mine for the heck of it, and all of my orders in general are missing. I guess I will let it be for now and if they aren't back by tomorrow I will talk to support.
I noticed this earlier and if you try to view an order by order number instead of using your login it gives an error stating that their order management system is currently down.

Just checked and sure enough, my preorder was cancelled. They didn't even send an e-mail. I'm guessing once they upgraded everyone who got in on the glitch, they ran through their allocation. Totally ridiculous.
Mine is still fine and I ordered after the glitch. Remains to be seen if they end up delivering though.

If Akiba's Trip coming out on the 12th because I got a text from gamestop telling me to pick it up tuesday.
I finally ordered mine through Crunchy Roll due to an added bonus item, but they say mine won't ship until the 29th. Really hope its a mistake on their part.

Just a heads up. Anyone ordered (physical version with english subtitle) of Child of Light from Play-Asia? I just got an email saying that their suppliers are not getting the english version till 5 weeks from now. They have a TBA for the release date now on play asia website http://www.play-asia.com/child-of-light-deluxe-edition-chinese-english-and-japanese-paOS-13-49-en-70-7ti5.html
You can also get the UK version of the game:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Child-Light-Complete-Edition-Playstation/dp/B00I9WW9HS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407153877&sr=8-2&keywords=child+of+light

Shipping to the USA was $4.95 GBP, so my total (minus the VAT) was $18.28... roughly $30.xx USD. Probably much more reliable than play-asia as well.

Just a heads up. Anyone ordered (physical version with english subtitle) of Child of Light from Play-Asia? I just got an email saying that their suppliers are not getting the english version till 5 weeks from now. They have a TBA for the release date now on play asia website http://www.play-asia.com/child-of-light-deluxe-edition-chinese-english-and-japanese-paOS-13-49-en-70-7ti5.html
Yeah, I got this email as well. I told them to just cancel my order. I was going to have them send my replacement FFX-2 with this order, but I'm going to cancel that also and just get a refund. It also looks like they removed the art book from this listing well, so I'm just going to order the UK version, to hell with Play-Asia. They are so dropping the ball lately.

the Q&A section of the product information has the exact same question you had. The answer indicates that the game is physical, the DLC unfortunately are redeemable codes.
Thanks. After you answered my question I realized I confused the Vita complete edition with the PS3/PS4 Deluxe edition.

that just means I'll need a small memory card just to play this game with the DLC (which I have)... unless you tell me the DLC is more than 4 GB?
Thought you needed a PAL account to redeem thr DLC codes. Read it on GAF, that you can't use you NA PSN account to d/l. That put me off ordering thr physical PS Vita version and just going digital here in Canada/US

I have a UK account, but I think you need a separate memory card for different regions.  I suppose you could use the same memory card, but you'd have to wipe the contents first.  I'd rather just get a different memory card to play the one game i have from a different region.

I have a UK account, but I think you need a separate memory card for different regions. I suppose you could use the same memory card, but you'd have to wipe the contents first. I'd rather just get a different memory card to play the one game i have from a different region.
you can use the same memory card. All you need to do is back up all your content from it to your pc. Once you restore the vita it will ask you if you want format the memory card. Say yes and then it will work fine on the new account. Once you decide to switch back format it again and then copy all of your content back. If that's too much of a hassle you can just have a different memory card for that account. 4gb are cheap and should be plenty for dlc.

you can use the same memory card. All you need to do is back up all your content from it to your pc. Once you restore the vita it will ask you if you want format the memory card. Say yes and then it will work fine on the new account. Once you decide to switch back format it again and then copy all of your content back. If that's too much of a hassle you can just have a different memory card for that account. 4gb are cheap and should be plenty for dlc.
It's why I have a 4GB backup. :)

Oh cool.  Akiba's Trip 2 being delayed helps me with more time to save money for it.  Would have been broke and it is only Monday.

Also, I didn't know Crunchyroll had a store.  Had I known about the mystery item for Akiba's Trip 2, I would have gone through them since Gamestop didn't offer a bonus item.

Might have to check out Crunchyroll now. I only knew that you could watch anime there.  Only visited on my PS3 once and awhile.  Edit: Just found out they take Paypal. 

Thinking about cancelling my reserve of Tales of Xillia 2 standard edition at Gamestop because there's no bonus incentive.  Was holding out for a pre-order bonus to be added.  Looks like that's not going to happen, least that's what it appears to me.

Thinking about cancelling my reserve of Tales of Xillia 2 standard edition at Gamestop because there's no bonus incentive. Was holding out for a pre-order bonus to be added. Looks like that's not going to happen, least that's what it appears to me.
Amazon.co.uk still has the UK Day One Edition for pre-order (metal case + soundtrack). After adding shipping and subtracting VAT, it comes to about $65 (US) shipped:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tales-Xillia-Day-Edition-PS3/dp/B00JTO40IQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407184118&sr=8-1&keywords=tales+of+xillia+2

Note: Any NA DLC won't work with it, you'll need to download any DLC from the UK store/account, then swap back to US account. It should work fine to play the UK game + UK DLC on any other account. Since it's PS3 not Vita.

Amazon.co.uk still has the UK Day One Edition for pre-order (metal case + soundtrack). After adding shipping and subtracting VAT, it comes to about $65 (US) shipped:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tales-Xillia-Day-Edition-PS3/dp/B00JTO40IQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407184118&sr=8-1&keywords=tales+of+xillia+2

Note: Any NA DLC won't work with it, you'll need to download any DLC from the UK store/account, then swap back to US account. It should work fine to play the UK game + UK DLC on any other account. Since it's PS3 not Vita.
Got it thanks. I thought Amazon UK stopped shipping games to the US. Was that a limited time policy thing?

Hey, I'm collecting the Catherine variants, just because I feel like it. Does anybody know (or has a reasonable guess) if Bestbuy's stock is still the censored cover version?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/catherine-playstation-3/2712785.p?id=1218346632063&skuId=2712785&productCategoryId=abcat0703002

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/catherine-xbox-360/2712876.p?id=1218346635427&skuId=2712876&productCategoryId=abcat0701002

I'm in Canada, so returning them would be a bit of a pain if they're sending out copies with the standard covers.

Hey, I'm collecting the Catherine variants, just because I feel like it. Does anybody know (or has a reasonable guess) if Bestbuy's stock is still the censored cover version?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/catherine-playstation-3/2712785.p?id=1218346632063&skuId=2712785&productCategoryId=abcat0703002

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/catherine-xbox-360/2712876.p?id=1218346635427&skuId=2712876&productCategoryId=abcat0701002

I'm in Canada, so returning them would be a bit of a pain if they're sending out copies with the standard covers.
I can confirm at least the 360 one is. I had a regular copy that came in damaged a while back and never exchanged it. When i noticed they had iin stock i tried to order it to swap out and couldn't because it was that censored cover which has a different SKU. No idea if the ps3 version is too, but id assume so since the 360 one definitely is

Hey CAG. I'm interested in getting Soul Sacrificr Delta. Is it worth having the Asian version or d/l the NA version in the store. Kinda want a physical release of the game

Hey CAG. I'm interested in getting Soul Sacrificr Delta. Is it worth having the Asian version or d/l the NA version in the store. Kinda want a physical release of the game
I may waits for PS+ have SS: Delta on sale. Just don't feel like dropping extra $30+ for same game with extra contents

Got it thanks. I thought Amazon UK stopped shipping games to the US. Was that a limited time policy thing?
It seems like there's no consistency in what they will/won't ship to the US. For example, they'll ship Xillia 2 but they won't ship The Last of Us Remastered. Maybe it depends on the publisher, but I'm not sure...

I can confirm at least the 360 one is. I had a regular copy that came in damaged a while back and never exchanged it. When i noticed they had iin stock i tried to order it to swap out and couldn't because it was that censored cover which has a different SKU. No idea if the ps3 version is too, but id assume so since the 360 one definitely is
Great, thanks.

It seems Bestbuy refuses international credit cards though, despite a FAQ/guide explaining how they allow them.

How does Bestbuy handle taxes and gift cards? They were hitting the order with a 8.5% Washington sales tax. So the next time I'm in the USA can I buy a gift card in a custom denomination to cover that, or do they maybe tax a gift card when you purchase it?

Great, thanks.
It seems Bestbuy refuses international credit cards though, despite a FAQ/guide explaining how they allow them.

How does Bestbuy handle taxes and gift cards? They were hitting the order with a 8.5% Washington sales tax. So the next time I'm in the USA can I buy a gift card in a custom denomination to cover that, or do they maybe tax a gift card when you purchase it?
Is paypal not an option?

As guessed by a lot of people....new Atlus game is an Etrian Odyssey 2 remake.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/05/etrian-odyssey-ii-untold-knight-fafnir-story-infused-remake-announced-nintendo-3ds/

Hopefully it gets localized (likely will) but not the most exciting game....still cool though since this was one of my favorite entries in the series. Also was a huge fan of 3.
Thankfully, and it's about time!

I didn't find 2 to be the most exciting either (but I still thought it was worth it) and I was a huge fan of 3, but this news also means that we are (probably) going to get a remake of that game in due time.

It also means my wallet, sometime in 2015, will probably be about $40 lighter.

Is paypal not an option?
That was my first choice, but it has non-US funded sources blocked too. Bestbuy doesn't wanna touch Canadian credit.

Also continuing my earlier thought. Anyone know of reliable places to buy gift cards online? I see various sites on Google selling Bestbuy gift cards with 5% off online, but I've never heard of any of these places...

That was my first choice, but it has non-US funded sources blocked too. Bestbuy doesn't wanna touch Canadian credit.

Also continuing my earlier thought. Anyone know of reliable places to buy gift cards online? I see various sites on Google selling Bestbuy gift cards with 5% off online, but I've never heard of any of these places...
You can always offer someone paypal for bestbuy credit? There are those on this forum with tons of credit. I'm sure they'd love to convert some of it to cold hard cash. You'd still need someone to help you forward your goods if it was a physical item. If you're buying digital, you can probably get away with just buying BB credit.

It seems like there's no consistency in what they will/won't ship to the US. For example, they'll ship Xillia 2 but they won't ship The Last of Us Remastered. Maybe it depends on the publisher, but I'm not sure...
There might be a waiting period for pre-orders because I tried ordering the Xillia 2 day 1 edition when it was first listed. Avs was not able to do so.

You can always offer someone paypal for bestbuy credit? There are those on this forum with tons of credit. I'm sure they'd love to convert some of it to cold hard cash. You'd still need someone to help you forward your goods if it was a physical item. If you're buying digital, you can probably get away with just buying BB credit.
I've got receiving my stuff covered, I get stuff from better stores all the time.

I've never actually used the trading forum here, I always forget it exists... I guess I'll post a want to buy thread.

So, I eventually cracked and picked up DJMax Technika Tune on Ebay for 39. Hope I enjoy it. :lol: This is one of the few games I'll pay that much without it being on sale. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back