Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably none of them.

Yggdra Union is neat, but there are mobile games that have more interesting presentation. Loved the concept though.

Riviera is pretty decent.

Knights is in the same series as Riviera and Yggdra.

Persona 1 & 2 haven't aged well at all.

Gungnir is not very special, but not a bad SRPG.

Class of Heroes is crap.

Crimson Gem Saga and Hexyz Force are on my list to try.
Crimson Gem Saga is a good game, if you like your JRPGs to come with a side of pain. Money is scarce, enemies have huge health and hit like trucks. Thank god for save anywhere.

I don't think it has been mentioned but saw today that Best Buy has the Shin Megani Fire Emblem crossover available for preorder with a placeholder date.

Received in my copy of child of light from amazon.uk. total turn around time was less than two weeks
I wanted to buy that, but I've never used amazon.ul before. Is it a fairly simple process?

Does amazon.uk take giftcards for amazon.com? I know I probably sound very stupid right now sorry :(

I wanted to buy that, but I've never used amazon.ul before. Is it a fairly simple process?

Does amazon.uk take giftcards for amazon.com? I know I probably sound very stupid right now sorry :(
You can use your US account. Ordering is just like Amazon.com (except each item comes with an additional shipping charge), you can't qualify for free shipping even if you have Prime and you can't use Amazon.com credit or gift cards.

You can use your US account. Ordering is just like Amazon.com (except each item comes with an additional shipping charge), you can't qualify for free shipping even if you have Prime and you can't use Amazon.com credit or gift cards.
Thank you. :)

Edit: also, does anyone know for sure that the uk vita release is physical cart not a digital code? Just want to make sure before ordering :)

Thank you. :)

Edit: also, does anyone know for sure that the uk vita release is physical cart not a digital code? Just want to make sure before ordering :)
Why bother getting the UK version? It comes with the DLC, but the DLC is a PSN code you redeem rather than being on the cart. Unless you switch your Vita to a UK account you won't be able to use the DLC anyway.

If you're going that way just to have a cart rather than digital, that's fine, but don't expect to play that DLC without the whole account switching hassle.

Natural Doctrine for $40 is tempting  as hell because it also includes a $10 credit on Amazon. Especially since it's a PS4 game.

Also I bought 100% orange juice on that Steam sale. That game is surprisingly fun and it essentially plays like a cross between a board game, card game and rpg. You move around the board, collecting stars, fighting monsters and other players. The card game comes in where you have cards which are abilities, and you can purchase new cards with stars you collect after each game. The goal is to complete objectives to level your ranking up to 6 and you win.

Natural Doctrine for $40 is tempting as hell because it also includes a $10 credit on Amazon. Especially since it's a PS4 game.

Also I bought 100% orange juice on that Steam sale. That game is surprisingly fun and it essentially plays like a cross between a board game, card game and rpg. You move around the board, collecting stars, fighting monsters and other players. The card game comes in where you have cards which are abilities, and you can purchase new cards with stars you collect after each game. The goal is to complete objectives to level your ranking up to 6 and you win.
So, kind of like Culdcept?

Natural Doctrine for $40 is tempting as hell because it also includes a $10 credit on Amazon. Especially since it's a PS4 game.

Hadn't noticed Natural Doctrine was at $40 for PS4. Locked in a preorder just in case. Latest trailer looked pretty cool but I haven't decided if I want to pick up the game yet.

Why bother getting the UK version? It comes with the DLC, but the DLC is a PSN code you redeem rather than being on the cart. Unless you switch your Vita to a UK account you won't be able to use the DLC anyway.

If you're going that way just to have a cart rather than digital, that's fine, but don't expect to play that DLC without the whole account switching hassle.
I want it to have a physical version. I don't mind that I won't have the dlc :0

Looked up the PSN deal and Hakuoki for PS3 is only $20. I may get that, but anyone know the differences from the PSP version? Or is it literally the same game?
It's not the same game. There are two games for PSP and the one on sale is a Dynasty Warriors-type game. Some of the story follows the visual novel and the scenes are directly from the anime.

Thanks.
At this point I should probably focus on the real Vita games like P4G in my backlog I guess.
I was close to getting Growlanser since it had pretty good reviews but eh..
You should definitely get Growlanser if you don't mind your JRPGs a little tough. This isn't the series' best installment but then you'd have to grab Growlanser Generations from Working Designs on PS2 and it's a little pricey. For $5, this is a pretty good introduction to the series since it's not directly tied into the other games. It's still on sale this week and I recommend grabbing it.

Crimson Gem Saga is a good game, if you like your JRPGs to come with a side of pain. Money is scarce, enemies have huge health and hit like trucks. Thank god for save anywhere.
It's not a hard game at all. You are probably missing the X button prompts that extend your attacks. They're very subtle and easy to miss if you're not paying attention. Also, early on in the game in one of the towns, there is a chest that has like 500,000 gold which ruins the challenge of the game for the next dozen hours.

Xseed games don't really drop in price do they? Kinda want Akibas Trip but not willing to pay full price for it.
The game just came out. With it being available on digital store, they have no incentive to quickly lower the price. Otherwise, some of their games do hit rock-bottom prices like the Killer Is Dead LE for $10.

Oh shoot Natural Doctrine PS4 $40 Amazon is a great price. I was passing at $60, but at $40 with $10 credit i'm all in!

Link

Oh shoot Natural Doctrine PS4 $40 Amazon is a great price. I was passing at $60, but at $40 with $10 credit i'm all in!

Link
yah saw the price drop for that game earlier, because of the nature of the game, still to expensive to pay for a game meant for you to die in frustration continuously, if that is dropping, maybe fairy fencer will drop soon too, interested but its VN heavy so waiting for it to go cheaper.

yah saw the price drop for that game earlier, because of the nature of the game, still to expensive to pay for a game meant for you to die in frustration continuously, if that is dropping, maybe fairy fencer will drop soon too, interested but its VN heavy so waiting for it to go cheaper.
I think FFF will do the usual drop to about $40 in about 3 months, and about 6 months $30 and eventually settling around $20-25.

So, kind of like Culdcept?
sorta... it's like Culdcept and itadaki street got together and had a baby that never really bothered tried o be good. They aren't bad but the game quickly loses any charm it has after a few plays.

either way if you are interested get it through groupees instead of steam.

it still comes with a steam code, but it will only cost you 50 cents (though you are required to get another game with it to make it $1... I recommend 99 spirits) but you can get every interesting game in that bundle for less than the price of orange juice on steam :p

sorta... it's like Culdcept and itadaki street got together and had a baby that never really bothered tried o be good. They aren't bad but the game quickly loses any charm it has after a few plays.

either way if you are interested get it through groupees instead of steam.

it still comes with a steam code, but it will only cost you 50 cents (though you are required to get another game with it to make it $1... I recommend 99 spirits) but you can get every interesting game in that bundle for less than the price of orange juice on steam :p
grabbed this book of legends and 99 spirts for 1.50 better then paying 2.50 for it alone on stream

I just bought a PS3 recently so I have a lot of JRPGs from last gen to catch up on. I was wondering how JRPG prices are fluctuating as they get older. Are they getting more expensive as they get harder to find? Getting cheaper over time?

Some games like Atelier Totori and Meruru are still around $30. Can I ever expect them to go lower on a sale? Or should I just buy them now?

A nearby gamestop has neptunia victory for $30. I wanted to make sure to get a sealed one so I was gonna order online but a lot of stores(bestbuy, gamestop) don't have it online. It's on amazon from a 3rd party for $37.50. Should I just pick up the gamestop copy?

Basically if you guys can confirm with me that "If it hasn't gone on sale by now, it probably won't go lower" then I'll swing by gamestop to buy neptunia tomorrow.

The Aterlier games always seem to linger around $20-$30 for some reason. You'd think they would go down in price with the amount of ones they release, but the only time I see them cheaper is used. I can say that I bought Atelier Ayesha from Gamefly use for $15 and it was in perfect condition.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 is coming out at the end of this month, so my guess is GS is hiking up the prices on the other titles. I thought I saw that it was on PSN for $20. Though, I like to have physical copies as well.

I just bought a PS3 recently so I have a lot of JRPGs from last gen to catch up on. I was wondering how JRPG prices are fluctuating as they get older. Are they getting more expensive as they get harder to find? Getting cheaper over time?

Some games like Atelier Totori and Meruru are still around $30. Can I ever expect them to go lower on a sale? Or should I just buy them now?

A nearby gamestop has neptunia victory for $30. I wanted to make sure to get a sealed one so I was gonna order online but a lot of stores(bestbuy, gamestop) don't have it online. It's on amazon from a 3rd party for $37.50. Should I just pick up the gamestop copy?

Basically if you guys can confirm with me that "If it hasn't gone on sale by now, it probably won't go lower" then I'll swing by gamestop to buy neptunia tomorrow.
the atelier titles sans rorona and ayesha are staying flat. but that's mostly from rorona getting a remake and ayesha being over printed. The rest are underprinted so barring they get remakes like rorona the ps3/vita versions aren't gonna move much.

all the neptunia titles seem to have minor fluctuation but otherwise aren't moving either.

tales of graces you missed the boat on, and xillia the entire fleet. I believe it dropped to like 5-10 bucks at its lowest point

prettymuch anything is flat right now and the only things you have to worry about are more niche nis titles that have a small window of being cheap then get expensive outside stuff like disgaea.

If you plan on getting xillia 2 just wait a little bit after release as if its anything like the first its price will drop like a stone just a couple months after.

http://videogames.pricecharting.com/

price tracker helps along with keeping stuff in your wish lists on amazon and checking all of them regularly

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back