Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is no doubt this will sell out tonight. The DJ Max limited edition sold out in mere minutes last time and that was far more expensive and even more niche IMHO. There are a lot of people on other forums talking about this as a good investment simply because of the rarity. I have no doubt flippers and resellers will scoop this up at $58 for an easy doubling of their money as sad as that makes me.
that is where i dont see where people think this will be limited. How it sounds you can go over to japan or find a market and just order the so called charm . they limited it to a 1000 cause they did not think they could get more then 1000 charms but who know how many charms there really are

so a couple of weeks ago, finally found a new copy of ni no kuni CE guide, was planning to play this at some point , then checked amazon today, saw that they were sold out of the greatest hits edition, panicked, drove around, found the last new copy at target, guess their getting harder to find, if people have played this, can someone tell me if it really takes 300 hours to beat? I don't try to get all the trophies, but I do like to do all the quests and try to get 100% inventory, monsters, etc. hesitant to start this anytime soon, but would like to know what im getting into.
Where the hell did you get 300 hours from? It's an average length JRPG clocking in at least 40-50 hours to beat. If you plan to do to get all the trophies then it will take at least 80 hours,but if you plan to get a 100% every little thing then it expect to go way over a 100 hours(especially in this type of game).

They claim they have it set to limit orders to one per account. My bigger concern is that this is a soft box CE and knowing Amazon, it will be shipped out in bubble mailers or those fold-over mailers given the small size, just like they did with Persona Golden. I'd bet the company didn't bother to set aside any spares for the inevitable damage claims.
Amazon mailed my Persona Golden Premium edition in a sturdy box with packing bubbles and it arrived SUPER MINT. Also DJ Max Technikatune took at least 4-5 hours to sell out and them they listed the ones they had for cancelled orders.

It actually sold out in mere minutes and then later that afternoon they opened up orders again for a very short time because of some payment and store related glitches. They also sold some other copies just before launch as a result of payment and cancellation issues. In any event, this one is cheaper and got a lot more hype as an actual limited edition, so I can't imagine this will last.
Wasn't the DJ Max LE the one where they counted down how many copies were left on their website? I remember getting on 2-3 hours after the sale went live and seeing that they had over 400 copies left. That's when I ordered mine. Then I checked again a couple hours later and saw they were down to about 250. Then I checked again 3 hour later and they were sold out.

Wasn't the DJ Max LE the one where they counted down how many copies were left on their website? I remember getting on 2-3 hours after the sale went live and seeing that they had over 400 copies left. That's when I ordered mine. Then I checked again a couple hours later and saw they were down to about 250. Then I checked again 3 hour later and they were sold out.
Yes, but there was a burst of purchasing activity when it went live that essentially crashed the system and they initially said they sold out., Then, that afternoon they reopened orders and ended up cancelling a bunch of orders from the initial batch that were multiples, bots, payment unable to process, etc...

Amazon mailed my Persona Golden Premium edition in a sturdy box with packing bubbles and it arrived SUPER MINT. Also DJ Max Technikatune took at least 4-5 hours to sell out and them they listed the ones they had for cancelled orders.
That's nice, but it varies by warehouse and item. These will likely all come from one warehouse, so if they happen to decide to use bubble pouches, that's what all of us will get.

All this talk of that LE makes me want to purchase it even though I never played the series...

Anywho is this not the same amazon that sends out LE in bubble mailers? Did not think of this until now and I hope any of you guys get your stuff in good condition if amazon does ship it.

All this talk of that LE makes me want to purchase it even though I never played the series...

Anywho is this not the same amazon that sends out LE in bubble mailers? Did not think of this until now and I hope any of you guys get your stuff in good condition if amazon does ship it.
Best place to start as it is a remake of the first one. I never really played its two sequels too much (played 2nd a bit and 3rd not at all). I'm ready to take on the trilogy myself. If I don't get an LE i'll still opt for the standard edition.

Any tips to improve the chance of a box instead of a bubble mailer? I'd be willing to add in a $5-$10 item if it would help my chances. I've been burned by the bubble mailer plenty of times, so it seems likely that this order won't be any different.

Any tips to improve the chance of a box instead of a bubble mailer? I'd be willing to add in a $5-$10 item if it would help my chances. I've been burned by the bubble mailer plenty of times, so it seems likely that this order won't be any different.
None that is sure fire. I've often ordered multiple items in the same order that are close in size and shape shipped from the same Amazon warehouse only to receive them in different packages. It always seems to be my luck that the nearest Amazon warehouse always uses the worst possible packaging for fragile items and overprotects hardcover books, plastic cases games and other things that really would be fine in a bubble pouch or fold over box.

Yes, but there was a burst of purchasing activity when it went live that essentially crashed the system and they initially said they sold out., Then, that afternoon they reopened orders and ended up cancelling a bunch of orders from the initial batch that were multiples, bots, payment unable to process, etc...
Maybe someone tried to buy hundreds of them and they decided not to allow that.

so a couple of weeks ago, finally found a new copy of ni no kuni CE guide, was planning to play this at some point , then checked amazon today, saw that they were sold out of the greatest hits edition, panicked, drove around, found the last new copy at target, guess their getting harder to find, if people have played this, can someone tell me if it really takes 300 hours to beat? I don't try to get all the trophies, but I do like to do all the quests and try to get 100% inventory, monsters, etc. hesitant to start this anytime soon, but would like to know what im getting into.
I'd say ~50 hours for Main story + side quests, 55 if familiar collecting+leveling. I got all trophies in about 88 hours, I'm sure it was under 90 (unlike FFX HD which was over 100). 300 number seems very wrong.

I've never had a bad order with Amazon whenever it comes to the Collector's and Limited Editions. I've played both the MK2, and the Victory releases of the game and enjoy them very much. They don't take themselves seriously at all and often break the 4th wall to make jokes at their own expense. I'd say check out the gameplay and cut scenes on youtube and then decide.

Nitrosmob is correct though, starting with the remake of 1 would be the best way to go.

Amazon still does that if it can fit into a bubble mailer. I remember the Bravely Default LE shipping fiasco being widespread among others.

its all up in the air with amazon.

ordered 100 bucks in games came all in a bubble mailer.

ordered 29 cent dvd came in a box
LOL

its all up in the air with amazon.

ordered 100 bucks in games came all in a bubble mailer.

ordered 29 cent dvd came in a box
LOL
I stopped ordering manga from them as well. Get 2 volumes and both came in a too small bubble mailer which means the front cover of one of the volumes got smashed and the other the back cover got bent with an extremely visible crease. Bubble mailers are fine for used stuff and new Blu rays and such, but not for stuff that can be get damaged easily like the LEs.

I don't frequent this thread and I apologize if this isn't the sort of thing that gets posted here or even if it has been posted, but here goes nothing! PlayAsia.com has JP  Guilty Gear Xrd Sign Limited Edition posted for $126.99. The LE comes with a Gamepad that is compatible with PS3/PS4 :hot: . I don't know about you guys but this sounds pretty awesome.

Since the limited edition of Hyperdimension Neptunia is not directly sold by Amazon, Amazon credit cannot be used, right?
I think you can use credit on "marketplace" transactions.

This is slightly different, but I know in the past I've used Amazon Visa points to pay for marketplace transactions.

Someone else may be able to better confirm.

You could add something for sale from someone other than Amazon to your cart, go to the checkout screen and see if they deduct credit from the total?

I think you can use credit on "marketplace" transactions.

This is slightly different, but I know in the past I've used Amazon Visa points to pay for marketplace transactions.
Someone else may be able to better confirm.

You could add something for sale from someone other than Amazon to your cart, go to the checkout screen and see if they deduct credit from the total?
Thanks for this. I just added items not sold or fulfilled by Amazon to my cart and the credit applied to them at checkout.

Well, I thought amazon.com can just let you use your gift credit there on mostly anything, but yeah, its better to check and see once the "Midnight Hour PST" (dependant on time zone) comes up, just in about another 6 hours or so until the Neptunia Rebirth 1 LE comes up live for ordering!

I don't frequent this thread and I apologize if this isn't the sort of thing that gets posted here or even if it has been posted, but here goes nothing! PlayAsia.com has JP Guilty Gear Xrd Sign Limited Edition posted for $126.99. The LE comes with a Gamepad that is compatible with PS3/PS4 :hot: . I don't know about you guys but this sounds pretty awesome.
Thanks, I was wondering about the price when the Gamepad Combo got announced.

Is the Rebirth LE still limited to 1000 copies? I thought it was mentioned in the Amazon page but I no longer see that there... 

Is the Rebirth LE still limited to 1000 copies? I thought it was mentioned in the Amazon page but I no longer see that there...
The email they sent announcing it said it was 1000. I'm not sure if it said it on the Amazon page too, I didn't fully read that.

It is still. You can still find it mentioned on IF's Facebook and twitter page.

Would love to have this as reversible box art.

original.jpg

I sent them that question because I'll be SOL if it's Monday and remarked they should do it at noon instead, their response:

Why can't these game companies just let NISA handle these things for them, ffs? It's like they see NISA's success and say, "Let's take the reins back on this franchise and fumble the fuck out of it!".
tnx guess i gotta pay attention the next 45 mins or so.. and i agree NISA was doing fine with this stuff not sure why theyre doing this chicken shit release

so how are most of you guys doing this Hyperdimension LE thing? Just leaving the amazon page up and refreshing every minute or so leading up to midnight? 

I was considering staying up for this thing because I'm always interested in anything truly limited but funk that. 2 am CST is not worth it, best of luck to all of you.

Aaaaah fine. I better be able to grab one of these or I'm throwing a brick at both of you.
if they actually do have the 1 per account limit then i dont think they'll sell out instantly ... the big question being IF that is actually in place. If not some vendor will probably buy all the copies immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back