Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm tempted to get lightning returns from the gamefly sale but i'm sure it will be on sale $10 new on microsoft store around black friday just like the previous ff13 games

Just got a shipping confirmation for my Theatrhythm CE from Square. So much stuff this month :< According to FedEx tracking it should arrive on Saturday. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a10yVoy-u4s
Damn you Thermopyle, lol. It does look a lot prettier, and the extra content is almost worth it alone. I know everyone talks about how much better it runs as well, thanks for the video and info links, good sir.

I'm not really looking for a deal, but I figured I'd ask here.

I've been looking for Raiden Fighters Aces for a long time, but no one up here in Canada is selling the game (at least no retailer I'm familiar with).  I've checked out the American counterparts to most of the popular game retailers (Amazon, Gamestop, BestBuy), but no luck.

I was wondering, does anyone here know of any reputable/trustworthy/legit sellers with copies of the game?  I've got friends who can buy the game and send it to me, so international shipping isn't necessary.

knZfuQH.png

yVzYpVL.png

Hard for me to be interested with the New 3DS model coming out later.

i'd be all over this if it was the vita version, as this game portable is likely the best route given how it's best played in small chunks.
Unfortunately we don't get physical copies of the Atelier Plus games on Vita. :( I would have bought Totori Plus and Meruru Plus for Vita if we got the physical copies. I bought this one though since it's the only Atelier Plus game we have have gotten in the US, even though it's for PS3 and not Vita. I'm sure we only got lucky with a physical copy at all since it was more of a remake though.

Bacon Parade, on 10 Sept 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:
knZfuQH.png

yVzYpVL.png

Hard for me to be interested with the New 3DS model coming out later.
exactly, I hate that japan always gets limited/different color models while the west is treated as crap getting different colors only when its toward the end of a model

Just got a shipping confirmation for my Theatrhythm CE from Square. So much stuff this month :&lt; According to FedEx tracking it should arrive on Saturday.
its my first time ordering from them, very worried that I wont get one, was assured a couple of weeks ago that my order was good, but I haven't seen any news yet, what shipping did you pay for? curious if the people getting emails is because of certain shipping methods,

exactly, I hate that japan always gets limited/different color models while the west is treated as crap getting different colors only when its toward the end of a model
We get 17 different Xbox/Playstation controllers with FPS skins on them because everyone in the west is only interested in blowing shit up like a bunch of drunken morons.

That NES one makes me all kinds of disappointed. They could have made it look like the actual system to go with the NES model GBA, but they didn't. Instead they just put the image of a controller on top of a grey system. As if that wasn't uninspired enough, the controller was put on so that it would be upside down while playing.

It looks like something some guy painted in his basement to sell on eBay. :/

just read that once again, Nintendo is screwing customers over by only offering limited editions at the Nintendo store, not that interested in hyrule warriors, but not getting a chance to get the scarf edition because I don't live in ny is crap, also importing isn't worth it for a scarf

its my first time ordering from them, very worried that I wont get one, was assured a couple of weeks ago that my order was good, but I haven't seen any news yet, what shipping did you pay for? curious if the people getting emails is because of certain shipping methods,
I paid for "standard ground" with just the 1 item in my cart.

Same here...waiting in a confirmation email. Hope I don't get screwed over, first time ordering from them too. =(

1. I paid for "standard ground" with just the 1 item in my cart.

Same here...waiting in a confirmation email. Hope I don't get screwed over, first time ordering from them too. =(
    I believe I paid for the same option, so this worries me, I hope the email exchange from the help desk regarding my order last month doesn't screw me over and mess with their process, as I have ordered from the Microsoft store before which I believe uses digital river and never had a problem, I wonder why they are so bad with square, maybe the setup of using the square site or something?

I just sent an email asking whether they already have a tentative shipping date for the order...hoping for a reply but I'm not holding my breath. Unlike NISA, square takes forever to respond to customer inquiries. =(

1. I believe I paid for the same option, so this worries me, I hope the email exchange from the help desk regarding my order last month doesn't screw me over and mess with their process, as I have ordered from the Microsoft store before which I believe uses digital river and never had a problem, I wonder why they are so bad with square, maybe the setup of using the square site or something?

Just an update!

- After I emailed square, after about 20 minutes I received an email regarding my shipping confirmation and fedex tracking! It's not a reply from customer support but it was better than I was expecting...at least now I have assurance that my order was actually processed and has shipped! Just waiting on it now, no eta from tracking yet but I hope it just arrives undamaged!

Good luck and I hope you get your shipping info soon!

What a joke, new rev 3ds a year or so before they release the "new' hardware and obselete this one?? No thanks. I will save up for next year's new 3dsxl.

For anyone that got Akiba's Trip for Vita does the game have a lot of glitching like particle fragments glitching across the screen? I can't tell if this is a game glitch or if the copy I have is just bad

I don't want "obsolete" hardware either so I will wait for new 3DS stuff. I wish they thought of a better name for it.

Also decent deal on Rorona Plus!

I hear you. If the n3ds wasn't a thing, I would be all over that persona 3ds
I think I'm just going to wait on "NEW" 3DS until a nice limited edition comes along for that as well, which should be a while after the normal ones.

As I typed this I just remembered that NEW 3DS has changeable Faceplates. Shit.

I'm not really looking for a deal, but I figured I'd ask here.

I've been looking for Raiden Fighters Aces for a long time, but no one up here in Canada is selling the game (at least no retailer I'm familiar with). I've checked out the American counterparts to most of the popular game retailers (Amazon, Gamestop, BestBuy), but no luck.

I was wondering, does anyone here know of any reputable/trustworthy/legit sellers with copies of the game? I've got friends who can buy the game and send it to me, so international shipping isn't necessary.
i got it for like $6 at gamestop a month ago

Wow what were they thinking to be releasing the new models so late into the handheld's life cycle. Especially with the new one having games that the old ones can't play. Also, they don't include the game either and is at full price? They are really milking the system for all it's worth.

There's no easy way to use two 3DS's interchangeably, is there? I realize cartridges would probably be fine. But I couldn't have SK: Burst and other digital titles on both without frequently doing system transfers, can I?

This is assuming we even get the New 3DSes. The only game that requires it so far is the Xenoblade Chronicles port. The other main point of it is Monster Hunter, which is just so popular outside of Japan.

For anyone that got Akiba's Trip for Vita does the game have a lot of glitching like particle fragments glitching across the screen? I can't tell if this is a game glitch or if the copy I have is just bad
I have the digital version, but I don't remember seeing anything like that. The only glitch I had was the game soft-locking when I attempted to talk to a quest npc. Only happened once, though.

It did go out of stock, and that's still too much for that but for anyone who wants enjoy! That looks like a fun $25 or less game. I'll see you in a Gamefly sale around April-July of next year!
So far I'm really liking Fairy Fencer F. That special edition is a bit pricey, though.

Thoughts on the Yakuza games? I've got 4 but haven't played the previous ones. Trying to figure out if 1 is worth playing or if it's better to skip to 2, which seems to be pretty improved mechanically.

Yakuza 1 was awesome, 2 was more of the same though refined, 3 was pretty cool though missing stuff that was cut. I really, really enjoyed Yakuza 1 likely more than 2/3 and I still haven't played 4 though I own it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back