Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Though with respect to the "making you mess up" bit I mentioned above, keep in mind I've just gone three battles in so far. I'm hoping that this issue resolves itself as I get more used to the gameplay and expecting what the game is going to throw at me and reacting correctly to those events.

How far in are you? I beat the dungeon with the giant bug thing in the mine last night. That was the 3rd fight if you include the tutorial. I died I think three times against it before I figured out the only way to win is to run as fast as you can and try to keep everybody away from the acid spit.

I actually killed the big one and two of the little things on my second attempt. Then more marched out of the mine and I realized at that point that you have to scram.

So far...I dunno. It's punishing and it's got that feel of making you mess up the first time or two to figure out the right approach. There's not much story/direction so far, so I'm hoping that comes in. Right now I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing as nothing has really introduced a plot or anything yet.
I thought the general lack of a real story was one of the negative factors in most reviews of Natural Doctrine. :???:

Specifically, from RPGFan's review:

Beginning with the blue-haired sword-wielder packing a plucky persona at its center, the game never goes anywhere interesting with its plot, which is replete with cliched characters, 90's anime villains, and the most repetitive battle quotes since Zero first uttered a hoo-hah-hoh. Despite this, your band of heroes never quite veers all the way into insufferability — though you might find they come close after you've heard your five-hundredth "THE FINAL STRIKE!" on the opening attack in a volley. Point is, this isn't a game you play expecting War of the Lions-level plot or nuance in character.

I believe that. It looked ok at first, but I watched several hours of someone streaming it and they pretty much died over and over for hours. I don't usually shy away from "hard" games either, but the rest of the content just didn't seem interesting enough to put up with that lol.
Game becomes much easier once u figure out how to really link. Add in some gunners and it is quite fair. Also, there are plenty of checkpoints. You can see the enemy's attacks before confirming. It you know that turn will kill you, just push start and restart from checkpoint for less loading time

so anyone has any opinions on Danganropa? I have the limited editions for 1 and 2 unopened/sealed but I don't have a psvita to play it with. Should I keep it or sell it? Is it a good game because I watched the anime and it was iffy for me.
The anime was fuck . The games are awesome. They should be compatible with the playstation tv if getting a vita is too expensive.

How far in are you? I beat the dungeon with the giant bug thing in the mine last night. That was the 3rd fight if you include the tutorial. I died I think three times against it before I figured out the only way to win is to run as fast as you can and try to keep everybody away from the acid spit.

I actually killed the big one and two of the little things on my second attempt. Then more marched out of the mine and I realized at that point that you have to scram.

So far...I dunno. It's punishing and it's got that feel of making you mess up the first time or two to figure out the right approach. There's not much story/direction so far, so I'm hoping that comes in. Right now I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing as nothing has really introduced a plot or anything yet.
it sounds like you are describing dark souls series, yet every gaming reviewers rave about it.

it sounds like you are describing dark souls series, yet every gaming reviewers rave about it.
souls has completely different gameplay and is structured differently. If every fight in souls was 20+ minutes long and it had few save points/flags I'm sure people would be much more critical.

I got past the second tutorial and when I was allowed to do my own thing, I got destroyed. Opening doors is something you should not have to fear in games lol

I got past the second tutorial and when I was allowed to do my own thing, I got destroyed. Opening doors is something you should not have to fear in games lol
srpgs and horror games aside xD

Thus why its better to look at a map before hand unless its a random generated thing.

ggxrd-story-mode-player-match-08.jpg

I hope so. I'm much more likely to buy the Plus version of Ar No Surge on Vita if that comes over. :pray:
i guess you want the touchscreen interaction compatibility for purification ceremonies in the vita version

To those who pre-ordered Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and got the bonuses with it, was there a lot of empty space inside the plastic that it crushed the cardboard?

If you have a Playstation TV you can now sign in with your US account. Playing some Danganronpa on the big screen.
Do you by chance have any digital PSP games you could play on the Playstation TV? I would like to know if PSP games are full screen, while using the Playstation TV. The PSP Go forced you to "zoom in" on your TV if it had the option, in order to play in full screen.

Soul Sacrifice Delta isn't listed as compatible for the PS TV but I can confirm it does work.
Awesome, there's going to be games that aren't officially confirmed to work. Now if only Sony would patch the rest of the Vita games to work with the Playstation TV. I so want to play Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward on my 32 inch TV.

This is cool. Now I just need to find a cheap iPod Touch or iPad that can play all these shmups.

Do you by chance have any digital PSP games you could play on the Playstation TV? I would like to know if PSP games are full screen, while using the Playstation TV. The PSP Go forced you to "zoom in" on your TV if it had the option, in order to play in full screen.

Awesome, there's going to be games that aren't officially confirmed to work. Now if only Sony would patch the rest of the Vita games to work with the Playstation TV. I so want to play Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward on my 32 inch TV.

This is cool. Now I just need to find a cheap iPod Touch or iPad that can play all these shmups.
Yeah psp games are full screen

also I'm pretty sure Zero Escape works

To those who pre-ordered Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and got the bonuses with it, was there a lot of empty space inside the plastic that it crushed the cardboard?

The one i got from Best Buy today was crushed but everything inside was fine.
GS one was pretty good, BBY one i ordered since i get a discount was smashed to hell though.. like crazy bad. Odd thing is the package was an actual box and it was padded right so i must have come from the warehouse like that

Yeah, there was a lot of empty space in the plastic due to how thick the folded,
non-inflated Teddie bop bag was. Mine from Amazon was really crushed as well. I saw some in store at GameStop that looked pretty good though.

I thought it was funny how cheap the cardboard/wrap was holding the P4A game and extras and its gracefully emblazoned "QUALITY SEAL" right on top. 

some early final fantasy xv gameplay footage from jp square enix stream, starts at around 48:19 mark. it is only like 2 minutes of gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CneDd6yyRf8

Evidently i had pre-ordered Natural Doctroine for the vita from BBY without remembering it =P It arrived last week. This is the only NISA game in recent memory i never bothere with the LE.

Question though: what version of this is probably the best to play? Was it originally designed for vita? PS3? Ps4? I never picked Akiba'strip up for the PS4 since it was originally designed for the vita. I  just got it for the vita and PS3. IFigured there really wasn't a point in getting it for the PS4 and i actually heard it runs worse in some regards on the PS4 somehow. Is this game the same way, or is the ps4 version an actual improvement?

Evidently i had pre-ordered Natural Doctroine for the vita from BBY without remembering it =P It arrived last week. This is the only NISA game in recent memory i never bothere with the LE.

Question though: what version of this is probably the best to play? Was it originally designed for vita? PS3? Ps4? I never picked Akiba'strip up for the PS4 since it was originally designed for the vita. I just got it for the vita and PS3. IFigured there really wasn't a point in getting it for the PS4 and i actually heard it runs worse in some regards on the PS4 somehow. Is this game the same way, or is the ps4 version an actual improvement?
This isn't an answer to your question, but Akiba's Trip for PS4 hasn't released here yet (first week in November, IIRC).

Yeah, there was a lot of empty space in the plastic due to how thick the folded,
non-inflated Teddie bop bag was. Mine from Amazon was really crushed as well. I saw some in store at GameStop that looked pretty good though.
Yeah, I recommend the GameStop copies, the one I got had a little bent on the side but the overall package was fine. You just have to make sure the tarot cards are not bent, I feel like if they put the teddie bag under the game, then the cards, the cards would've been crushed.

Anyone still playing this game online? The NA servers have less than a hundred people.

some early final fantasy xv gameplay footage from jp square enix stream, starts at around 48:19 mark. it is only like 2 minutes of gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CneDd6yyRf8
The same Behemoth fight? Is that the only part of the game that's actually finished after 7 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back