Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Vita TVs are region locked.

I'm not sure, but when I was researching on buying the Dangan Ronpa 2 Vita TV, all I found was that I couldn't use anything I had on it. But I could very well be wrong.

1898275_1697896707102435_8403563213397850440_n.jpg

http://www.ideafintl.com/noire/ - Official Site
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! This game actually looks good too...compared to the others....I think the Neptunia series is alright but I know the games aren't ultra top notch. Plus I love turn-based strategy games.

Though it is undeniably cute, Vesperia costumes mean very little to someone that doesn't own a 360 ;)

Fret not though costumely challenged, think of all the people that won't be getting the physical release that will gladly take your dlc as part of an exchange for goods and services.
Lol. Actually even with a 360, it means very little because she wasn't playable in that version and only was hinted (only her hat was there I believe?).

Question.

Does Asian models of PS Vita TV work with American games/support English.

I ask because Play Asia is selling the white Vita TV for $59.99 but it's the Asian model http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-vita-tv-paOS-13-49-en-70-77lt.html
Pretty sure it does work. Vita shouldn't be region-locked and they just had the patch that lets you log in on American accounts. I had an Asian PSP and that thing was English when I first got it. Only thing different about it was the O and X were in the Japanese format, rather than the American one, so like X was cancel and O was confirm. Not sure if that applies to the Vita TV, but I don't see why it wouldn't be the same.

Thanks for posting this btw. At that price, I might get one for my girlfriend.

A lot of people say it's repetitive but fun, and a bit better than the 3DS one. It looks very Dynasty Warriorish so that's something. That's what I've read anyway.
Yes, the vita one is more like dynasty warriors while the 3DS one is more like final fight. I liked the 3DS one but the vita one is better. You can now block lol. It also has about twice as much content since there are 4 groups instead of 2. As to the censor question, I think the little SD faces and light streak covering the parts was likely in the Japanese version. Strangely enough it covers up more than some of the clothing it replaces, hahaha.

Pretty sure it does work. Vita shouldn't be region-locked and they just had the patch that lets you log in on American accounts. I had an Asian PSP and that thing was English when I first got it. Only thing different about it was the O and X were in the Japanese format, rather than the American one, so like X was cancel and O was confirm. Not sure if that applies to the Vita TV, but I don't see why it wouldn't be the same.

Thanks for posting this btw. At that price, I might get one for my girlfriend.
Yeah, I'm really tempted, just trying to find more info. I can wait a month for PA if it means saving $40 . Senran Kagura doesn't even work at launch

Finally got my P4AU copy from Best Buy yesterday. Went in on Monday to see what was going on, with the full intention of cancelling then ordering online.

They told me they had gotten my copy in but that it was damaged during shipping. Since I had already put down $48 for the preorder (during the 50% trade-in promo), they told me they'd order it for me through the site and have it shipped to my house. Didn't have to pay shipping or tax (my state does on BB.com), and got free expedited shipping.

It arrived yesterday in a small box with 3 of those large air pockets on one side. After inspecting it and it looking good, I returned the copy I bought at Gamestop today. Also re-upped my Pro membership while I was at it.

What I learned from all this that I'll just stick to pre-ordering online from now on. Ironically, this was literally the only game I ever pre-ordered from the kiosk.

Namco/Sony be praised. We got all the costumes that the EU is getting. Guess I'll need to check my receipt when I pick it up to be sure fucking Gamestop got it right.

I don't need to buy a Vita now that ToHR works with the PSTV. It will literally be the first handheld I won't own since the GBA era on.

Namco/Sony be praised. We got all the costumes that the EU is getting. Guess I'll need to check my receipt when I pick it up to be sure fucking Gamestop got it right.

I don't need to buy a Vita now that ToHR works with the PSTV. It will literally be the first handheld I won't own since the GBA era on.
hahaha..I'm the other way around.

I have fat vita.

I'll buy the slim vita/vita tv in the near future.

I love my vita, just wished there were more games for it.

Eh, I rarely use handhelds outside of my home so this is perfect for me. The Vita's library, for my tastes, is good. I'm worried about its future, though. The PSTV is $100 cheaper, works with dualshocks, doesn't need to be charged, works with pretty much everything I want to play, and it plays games on the big screen. Win win for me. Only problem is that it still needs those overpriced memory cards, I believe.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/10/sony-hold-playstation-experience-event-december/

Anyway, Sony is doing an event in early December. Maybe we'll hear about some localizations there for the PS4 and Vita. That Ys game, God Eater Burst 2: Rage Burst, and Senran Kagura: Estival Versus look promising.

I still remember the day when my mom randomly took me to Target and bought me a Gameboy Advance SP. I honestly don't remember why she did it. I don't even remember asking for it.  But I do remember her saying. "You want a Gameboy Advance SP?" "Uh yeah." "Okay, lets go to Target." :whee:

It was a great day. 

Eh, I rarely use handhelds outside of my home so this is perfect for me. The Vita's library, for my tastes, is good. I'm worried about its future, though. The PSTV is $100 cheaper, works with dualshocks, doesn't need to be charged, works with pretty much everything I want to play, and it plays games on the big screen. Win win for me. Only problem is that it still needs those overpriced memory cards, I believe.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/10/sony-hold-playstation-experience-event-december/

Anyway, Sony is doing an event in early December. Maybe we'll hear about some localizations there for the PS4 and Vita. That Ys game, God Eater Burst 2: Rage Burst, and Senran Kagura: Estival Versus look promising.
Need another Persona 5 and Persona 4 Dancing All Night Trailer.

Don't know about God Eater, but I think Ys and Estival Vs are almost 100% sure things to be localized by XSeed. Especially Ys.

At first, I thought the Vita was also going to get the uncensored mature content if they got to the stretch goal. :lol: Woopsie. 

But great news nonetheless. 

Nice, it's also great that they confirm it'll work on PlayStation TV.
Yeah real nice of them to do that after I bought a vita. Also congrats to dark sage and all the other users for being wrong about its compatibility when I asked the first time.

You're still salty about that? He was just being a negative nancy, it's his shtick.
some what taking it out on them with directionless fury. But that wasn't just negative that was also trolling too since A. the user had no experience or knowledge to answer the question and B. didn't want to answer the question seriously Or at least I read their post with a heavily sarcastic tone that was unhelpful. In the end dark sage was 100% wrong so its moot I guess.

I Wish they had announced it would be compatible earlier as I'm sure I'm not the only one who went out of their way to buy a regular vita for it. Waiting till a month before release to announce the preorder dlc and this was kinda late.

I do wonder though since they repatched it does that mean that the jpn version will work on the tv now or will it be exclusive to na and eu copies only? It's kinda shafting the jpn crowd even if they didn't really support the game in the first place they were the first to have compatibility.

some what taking it out on them with directionless fury. But that wasn't just negative that was also trolling too since A. the user had no experience or knowledge to answer the question and B. didn't want to answer the question seriously Or at least I read their post with a heavily sarcastic tone that was unhelpful. In the end dark sage was 100% wrong so its moot I guess.

I Wish they had announced it would be compatible earlier as I'm sure I'm not the only one who went out of their way to buy a regular vita for it. Waiting till a month before release to announce the preorder dlc and this was kinda late.

I do wonder though since they repatched it does that mean that the jpn version will work on the tv now or will it be exclusive to na and eu copies only? It's kinda shafting the jpn crowd even if they didn't really support the game in the first place they were the first to have compatibility.
Dark Sage is an incredibly sarcastic motherfucker. I don't even think he can turn it off. As for ToHR I haven't been following it since I don't care for the Tales series but I'm surprised they bothered patching vita tv support in. Considering the zero effort affair that was SAO's western release it's downright shocking. They could patch it in for Japan but the game is close to two years old there and the vita tv user base is tiny. Maybe you could return your vita if it hasn't been too long? If you like Japanese games I doubt you'll be dissatisfied with the vita either way though.

I don't think sarcastic is the right word. Pretty sure the phrase you're looking for is dumbass who talks out of his ass all the time.

I'm not sure what my situation with the Vita slim/PS TV is gonna be. Hopefully BF has the answers, cause I'm thinking of getting rid of the white OLED Vita I have at this point.

I know this is a bit early and not sure if this is the correct place...since not really a deal, but rarely is there any deals in here.

Grisaia no Kajitsu is getting a Kickstarter soon, and I will make a separate post when that occurs.

Link

This is a story heavy high quality visual novel with both an 18+ version and all ages I believe. There is a lot to take in, and hopefully with enough funding, we can get the other games as well since it's a good idea to get them all as the stories and characters are related. The anime is also airing currently, and it's OK. I personally liked the game though I didn't care for Amane as a character though her story was necessary, long and quite good. This is one visual novel I enjoyed, and I rarely enjoy them a whole lot. It's good to support visual novels in the west since they are so niche.

Dark Sage is an incredibly sarcastic motherfucker. I don't even think he can turn it off. As for ToHR I haven't been following it since I don't care for the Tales series but I'm surprised they bothered patching vita tv support in. Considering the zero effort affair that was SAO's western release it's downright shocking. They could patch it in for Japan but the game is close to two years old there and the vita tv user base is tiny. Maybe you could return your vita if it hasn't been too long? If you like Japanese games I doubt you'll be dissatisfied with the vita either way though.
It WAS already compatible to the vita tv but A recent update took that away. Now they repatched it making it compatible again. It was most likely just an error on sony's part so it probably just took nagging sony to get it repatched

quick question: was there any pre order bonus for Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus? I cant remember and need to go pick up my copy from GS. The new people they have there are idiots and forget to give you the pre order stuff unless you ask for it these days. I had 1 pre ordered there and one at BBY.

From what i recall the only preorder bonus was a first print LE packaging right? Were there any other pre order bonus's at any retailers?

*edit*

do Best Buy pre orders for Tears to Tiara have the artbook too? Just noticed GS lists one but didn't see it on BBY's site when i preordered a while back

What's wrong with the OLED?
Nothing wrong with it. I've just gotten to the point where I'd rather have a lighter system and better battery life. On the PS TV side, having audio coming out of the TV and using a Dualshock is attractive. I just feel like there's gonna be a deal on both the PS TV and Vita Slim on BF, so I was thinking of trading in my OLED for $160 with the GS coupon.

@Kenshin: T2T is a first print "art book" edition. BBY's copies should also include it in the packaging.

I want a Vita Slim myself because of the colors (yes I want the pink) and the bettery battery life plus it supposedly feels better to hold. It will have to be a decent price though as i'm not that crazy to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back