Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
so is sega, they really care about the gamers, in their press announcement blog they said the following:

We’ve received so many requests from our fans to bring Yakuza 5 to the U.S. and Europe. Yakuza 5 also made the top of the list of Sony’s #BuidingTheList campaign led by Gio Corsi at Sony Computer Entertainment and we were moved by all the support given to Yakuza 5 by the PlayStation community.

http://blogs.sega.com/2014/12/06/sega-sony-partner-to-launch-yakuza-5-in-the-west/
If Sega has started listening to it's fans, there might be hope for Shining Resonance too!

I'd jump on 1, 2, and Shining in the Darkness to be playable on Vita. Such a shame that those weren't included in the PSP Genesis collection, just the PS3 version. Having the other games ported would be great, but those three would be cake for them to do since all they have to do is shove the images into their existing Genesis emulator. :(

someone on gaf, compiled a list of games that sold better than all the yakuza titles releases in the US. after seeing that it is a miracle we got yakuza 5:

gravity rush
tearaway
resistance: burning skies
the wonderful 101
zombi u
ghost recon shadow wars
any phoenix wright game for the ds
eternal sonata
dark sector
untold legends: dark kingdom
viva piñata trouble in paradise
ogre battle 64
earthworm jim 3d
bubsy 3d
resident evil 3 for dreamcast

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126935345&postcount=159

I'm not sure at what point a game turns a profit, but being digital-only certainly drops the expense a ton and 1 and 2 already have translations and English audio tracks. 

Suikoden II is one of the greatest games ever made. I hope people who never had the chance will finally play it.
And has the best villain in my opinion. Should be in the top 3 for anybody who's played it easily. Defeating the villain was easily one of my best gaming experiences just because of everything surrounding it.

Damm digital only? >.> I'll wait for a sale than. I hate digital retail games. I do want 1&2 even digital cause 2 on ps2 is way over priced

i wonder how digimon all star rumble did in terms of sale numbers
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/83873/digimon-all-star-rumble/USA/

Pretty sure it sold worse than Tear Away, and that also did extremely bad overall. Bandai Namco made a poor game, so they got burned for it. Honestly I feel it's their fault for not promoting Digimon in NA because Pokemon still airs on Cartoon Network despite being very old, and even Yugioh airs (I think).

Digimon Fusion (The most recently dubbed series) was airing earlier this year on Nicktoons and The CW. The latter got rid of their cartoon block, though. Digimon Adventure was also rerunning on Nicktoons last year. Not sure if Nicktoons is still airing the stuff, but I know there's a Digimon Fusion DVD set coming soon.

Namco-Bandai's real problem is seeing that the fans were asking for specific Digimon games, and then deciding to take from that knowledge that they should release an entirely different Digimon game that no one wants.

Samurai Warriors 4 Anime Pack is going to be on sale at Amazon at 3AM EST for "40% off". If that's 40% off $75, it should be $45.

Doesn't seem to be a lightning deal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=nav_cs_gb?gb_hero_f_102=p:1,c:468642,s:available&gb_hero_f_103=p:1,c:468642,s:available

Scroll down to Savings and Sales Across Amazon, then sort the category by PC & Video Game Deals to see.
Yeah I saw that this morning. Does this have any collectible value?

Digimon Fusion (The most recently dubbed series) was airing earlier this year on Nicktoons and The CW. The latter got rid of their cartoon block, though. Digimon Adventure was also rerunning on Nicktoons last year. Not sure if Nicktoons is still airing the stuff, but I know there's a Digimon Fusion DVD set coming soon.

Namco-Bandai's real problem is seeing that the fans were asking for specific Digimon games, and then deciding to take from that knowledge that they should release an entirely different Digimon game that no one wants.
Wow, never once heard of fusion, only the New adventure remake for 2015. Anyway, I still feel that they market their games incorrectly here due to how poorly the IPs are managed. They have released multiple gundam games, but the series has lost traction here despite some adults growing up with the original, wing, or G.

They will incur high losses for series that have lost much of their popularity from the 90s/early 2000s. Luckily DBZ is holding on by a thread, which is really unfortunate. It looks like only Nintendo/GameFreak knows what they're doing...

They really gotta remake the first and second season, those were the best. Wow, it's hard to imagine they made their own game just for the US, but then looking at the quality and the reviews that Battle Arena got, its not surprising that the gameplay is apparently horrible and effortless. I guess this means an even smaller chance of cyber sleuth being localized. For some reason though, we get like a new DBZ and naruto game every year.

I really enjoyed Digimon Dusk and Digimon Dawn. Rather play this than Pokemon.

They really gotta remake the first and second season, those were the best. Wow, it's hard to imagine they made their own game just for the US, but then looking at the quality and the reviews that Battle Arena got, its not surprising that the gameplay is apparently horrible and effortless. I guess this means an even smaller chance of cyber sleuth being localized. For some reason though, we get like a new DBZ and naruto game every year.
Should've localized Cyber Sleuth first.

Samurai Warriors 4 Anime Pack is going to be on sale at Amazon at 3AM EST for "40% off". If that's 40% off $75, it should be $45.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=nav_cs_gb?gb_hero_f_102=p:1,c:468642,s:available&gb_hero_f_103=p:1,c:468642,s:available

Scroll down to Savings and Sales Across Amazon, then sort the category by PC & Video Game Deals to see.
I'll think about it but wish the regular edition would go on sale. (also Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate)

The anime is pretty good, just damn shame it's so short. The game is great and you get some DLC. Doubt there being much collectable value in keeping on sealed though.

and yes, WO3U needs to go on Sale.

So just got one of those LE PS4s,anyone import Onechanbara? That's never coming here and was thinking of importing it along with the PS4 Estivial Versus LE to go with my Vita LE...

I need help...

Asked this in the PS thread but didn't see an answer. Anyoone now if Suikoden II is playable on psp? It doesn't seem to be listed as supported. I have a couple copies of it on PS1 in disk form but i like playing S1 digitailly on my psp sometimes, was hoping i could do that with II.

Do you have their number?
yea actually it was NOT the one listed on their site, it was one on an older reciept i had. I'll grab it tomorow (later today i guess lol) and post it up here for anyone who couldn't get anyone

Asked this in the PS thread but didn't see an answer. Anyoone now if Suikoden II is playable on psp? It doesn't seem to be listed as supported. I have a couple copies of it on PS1 in disk form but i like playing S1 digitailly on my psp sometimes, was hoping i could do that with II.

yea actually it was NOT the one listed on their site, it was one on an older reciept i had. I'll grab it tomorow (later today i guess lol) and post it up here for anyone who couldn't get anyone
as far as i know, anything released as a ps1 should be playable on the psp, dont own one but if all the others are this should be also, since the psp is dead, they dont mention it on their release pages as being compatible, might wanna go over to gf and ask on their boards

Thank you for the heads up on this, I was pissed I missed the gcu discount due to it selling out at BBY, and this is much better.

Also, page 619, Booyaka! Booyaka!

GIFSoup

Wow, never once heard of fusion, only the New adventure remake for 2015. Anyway, I still feel that they market their games incorrectly here due to how poorly the IPs are managed. They have released multiple gundam games, but the series has lost traction here despite some adults growing up with the original, wing, or G.

They will incur high losses for series that have lost much of their popularity from the 90s/early 2000s. Luckily DBZ is holding on by a thread, which is really unfortunate. It looks like only Nintendo/GameFreak knows what they're doing...
Nintendo only has its ips and consoles so they have to know what they are doing. Though outside the big 3 pokemon mario and zelda they arguably mismanage their stuff just as good as anyone. I mean look at paper mario/mario rpgs. People really want them and I doubt they sold terribly so I don't get why they never capitalized on that. or the home console pokemon titles. and this is ignoring the travesty that sticker star was. that's nothing like paper mario and definitely not what anyone wanted. price sank like a stone.

Arland collection for the PS3
Yeah, I was going to reply with that correction as well. I'd initially read that as a PS4 thing, too, but looked closer.

Though to be honest with them on Vita I can't justify playing them on PS3. They seem like the perfect Vita games and I'm doing my best to avoid adding games to the PS3 backlog nowadays.

That'd be awesome for me because I never bought any of the Plus versions of the Arland series since they were digital only. I wonder how much of a difference the PS4 version of Neptunia will be though.. I got the PS3 versions and the first Rebirth game so far.

Some commentors are also pointing out that this could be a mistake on USK's part, and that both could be for PS3 - which is far more believable.

Yeah people are saying it's a USK mistake and that it's just the old games repackaged, I assume ala Pokemon Dual Pack. 

edit: Also since NISA doesn't have the Re;Birth license, it'll be the older games, mk1, 2, etc. So I'm still going to get and support the Re;Birth series on Vita.

Yeah people are saying it's a USK mistake and that it's just the old games repackaged, I assume ala Pokemon Dual Pack.
Well, that would suck. It'd be incredibly noticeable and jarring to see Rorona Plus but just plain old Totori and Meruru, and nobody wants to play the original Rorona now.

Still can't find a good sale on Tales of Xillia, am about to give up on it.

Also want to jump on Tears to Tiara 2 but know I won't play it for months, but I'm afraid of it selling out and never getting a copy...

Well, that would suck. It'd be incredibly noticeable and jarring to see Rorona Plus but just plain old Totori and Meruru, and nobody wants to play the original Rorona now.
It better have all the of PLUS versions.

FF7 Troll PS4 re-release and now this? Come on SE. I like you and all but not that much anymore. Thats for ATLUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back