Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're either a dumbass or a troll.

You obviously don't know what the CE from Newegg looks like, nor what the Customer Service said to me.

Amazon ships stuff in bubble mailers all the time. Just because you're living by a warehouse that doesn't, doesn't mean shit.

Do you even know what a polybag is? Most steelbooks don't arrive undamaged in them. Especially, as you say it, gets thrown around.

Discount shopping? Paying MSRP is discount shopping? Seems like you're the entitled princess.

People paid "shipping and handling" from Pepita and Digital River, on top of MSRP, and they still come damaged. Why are you dismissing those?

And we're talking about limited editions specifically. How are you going to pick and choose your media and retailers? Guess I'll walk into Target and pick up that Cowboy Bebop Amazon Edition, and stop by Best Buy for my Kingdom Hearts 2.5 CE.

Dumbass.
My apologies, continue nerd raging on the internet over your hoard of dented collector's editions. It makes for fantastic discussion. The dastardly deeds done by every online retailer shall not go unpunished. :roll:

Not in most cases. When people are getting ce's and systems shipped by themselves or with minimal protection or inadequate packaging its definitely on the retailers. And even if shippers are doing bang up jobs (emphasis on bang up) then its the retailers job to provide more accurate packaging then. Out of all the products I have had shipped to me only gohastings vesperia was ever crushed and that's from them not even using a bubble mailer :/. So I consider myself lucky on that end.
Precisely. It's pretty much a non-issue.

It's certainly not something we come here to read about ad nauseam.

Just because it doesn't happen to us doesn't mean its a non issue.  I also never order ce's and the only le I ordered was tox. I don't care about the complaints either way though.  But I do have to side with the other users when a brand new game comes dented/cut/torn.

In some cases where the store front uses a distribution center I don't think you can blame the retailer. Square Enix uses Digital River and now Pepita for distributing its goods. They are paying a company to handle their shipping services. You can blame Square for picking a crappy distribution company but you can't blame them if your package gets damaged. I agree with the assessment that most of these things get damaged during transit.

I've been pretty fortunate enough where most of my goods aren't damaged. I recently had to return a framed lithograph and request a new one because the box was literally ripped open and the frame had a dent on one of the sides. In that instance the box was large enough and there was padding. You could argue that they could have packaged the frame even better by not allowing any movement but it is what it is. In that case I had to contact the company I purchased it from and had to pay for return shipping. 

I don't agree with the point about customers paying shipping and handling on top of MSRP. I think we are all a bit spoiled when it comes to free shipping. In reality, you should have to pay for shipping since you are using that service to get your goods. If the seller covers it then that's great. If they don't, I don't think that's an arguing point of better service. At the end of the day all these companies are businesses. If they can cut corners on costs then they will, simple as that. I'm guessing most of the goods these companies ship end up in pretty good condition. They can live with the minimal complaints they get in comparison to the bigger picture. 

Yeah, when I ordered CEs from Amazon they'd come dented in bubble mailers -- and I'm 15 minutes from the Lexington warehouse.

It is TOTALLY Amazon's fault for using improper packaging. It's a joke.

well went to target today, they had a massive end cap of 20$ games, most i have never seen their before, found a new tekken tag wiiu and new sigma plus 2 vita, wasnt intereseted but their were multiple persona arena copies with the soundtrack their
You mean the first Persona arena?

Ultimate Edition it is! But do I have the resolve to play Guided Fate a 2nd time? I really am unable to find the answer within myself. The last one took over 320 hours! But it should be easier now that we know more about the dynamics, like the way that Disgaea gets easier, with the exception of Disgaea 4 (unless you abused the Rosenqueen shop item/innocent dupe glitch pre-patch).

I am actually excited to revisit the series again. ^^

Yeah Angelic and Devlish give two different card sets. The Ultimate gives both an an extra coin for $5 bucks more. Might be worth it to some. Idk. Preordered it anyways. I'm a sheep who buys everything that NISA releases.

Yep. Still doesn't work.

Actually, it works when I log out. Not when I'm logged in. For some asinine reason.

The Grisaia Trilogy up on Kickstarter now.

Link

Yup that $120 physical collector's set will be mine. The first game is very good (I'm not an Amane fan though, she is my least liked of the characters). I can't wait for this....let's get it funded. These games are very story heavy, with some ero, and are long. Worth it!

I had an awful time trying to check out with NISA too.  Every time I went to the cart half the fields were missing. I ended up logging in and out a bunch of times and randomly one time I tried it while on the cart page it fixed itself.   :wall:

Mine is going to a mobile sort of look.
Same here. I logged out and placed an order with the same info as a guest and it worked that way.

The only thing is, it will be harder to track since the order isn't under an account, but whatever.

So is this fate ultimatum a sequel to guided fate paradox? Planning on getting guided fate paradox soon as well, but it is definitely its first in its series correct? My wallet is hurting soo bad right now. And the limited edition is the msrp price of usual games so not entirely bad, just hope maybe BB will have it so I can use GCU

So is this fate ultimatum a sequel to guided fate paradox? Planning on getting guided fate paradox soon as well, but it is definitely its first in its series correct? My wallet is hurting soo bad right now. And the limited edition is the msrp price of usual games so not entirely bad, just hope maybe BB will have it so I can use GCU
It is a sequel although I believe it has all new characters. I recommend the first one mainly since you can get it easily for $19.99 or less nowadays.

I highly doubt BB will get the LE. NISA has done store exclusive LEs for a bit now... I think the last one you could buy in store was around the time of Disgaea 4. And even back then they used to add a little extra for ordering direct. But on the plus side, their LEs are often pretty reasonably priced with free shipping and nice packaging. But on the other hand the game is only 40 w/o the LE so only 32 with GCU (if BB carries the standard edition), and sometimes they pack in a soundtrack with the first print run :)

I highly doubt BB will get the LE. NISA has done store exclusive LEs for a bit now... I think the last one you could buy in store was around the time of Disgaea 4. And even back then they used to add a little extra for ordering direct. But on the plus side, their LEs are often pretty reasonably priced with free shipping and nice packaging. But on the other hand the game is only 40 w/o the LE so only 32 with GCU (if BB carries the standard edition), and sometimes they pack in a soundtrack with the first print run :)
they had done bonus items on their store for a while. One of the neptunia games netted me a pack of cards from ordering from them, which I sold for $50 >.>

but yeah most of their LE are their store only, I imagine disgaea 5 will have a more wide LE release, but the store will for sure have a bonus.

was it recently or a long long time ago (the pack of cards)?
It was back with the first neptunia game so back in 2011 (aka nisa has been doing store bonuses for a while)

they looked like

cfbe32f01d.jpg
and currently go for like $75.

In general I feel like I have given NisA to much money as I have preordered every single one of their limited editions since the release of rorona (and i have every single limited edition released on the ps3 and psv from them) but then I look at them and remember that they are worth more than I paid thus, any time a limited nisA edition goes up it is a deal because unless it doesn't sell out before launch (mugan souls is the only LE since they went store exclusive that dropped a bit in price) it will be worth more than the preoder and thus it's the cheapest price point for most nisA le... which is why march will kill my wallet ><:

It was back with the first neptunia game so back in 2011 (aka nisa has been doing store bonuses for a while)

they looked like

In general I feel like I have given NisA to much money as I have preordered every single one of their limited editions since the release of rorona (and i have every single limited edition released on the ps3 and psv from them) but then I look at them and remember that they are worth more than I paid thus, any time a limited nisA edition goes up it is a deal because unless it doesn't sell out before launch (mugan souls is the only LE since they went store exclusive that dropped a bit in price) it will be worth more than the preoder and thus it's the cheapest price point for most nisA le... which is why march will kill my wallet ><:
Wow, and I just have those cards sitting around underneath my club nintendo cards...

I'll probably be skipping this (Awakened Fate) LE. It does look nice, as so many of NISA's releases do, but I'm not really into rogue like games.

Anyone know if danganronpa would be ok for na 8 year old? Im trying to find some other vita games to get he and i figure a visual novel style game like that would be pretty simple. She saw my beat stickers NISA was giving out with their orders (i have like a pile of 6 of them) and tried to gank one =p

they looked like

holy crap i remember those, still have that stuff

Replies to last three pages (without quotes):

Monokuma is a masochist-cot! I would think 8 years old a tad young for Danganronpa. I don't think it would mess up his psychological stability but at $40 and being practically all visual novel, I don't see it even being worth a purchase unless you are secretly just purchasing it for yourself.

Guided Fate Ultimatium is, I believe, more of a spiritual sequel to Guided Fate Paradox. I don't think there is going to be much story continuation other than maybe another similar theme. And though Guided Fate Paradox may be the first of its kind on PS3, it itself is a spiritual successor to ZHP on PSP.

Final comment: so we're all in for the ultimate edition of the new Guided Fate? Will that be making the Devil/Angel editions more of a rarity? I'm sure they're already somewhat aware of how many copies they plan on making, but just suspicious that the world is going to get more ultimate editions. Not that it matters to me, I already know what edition I'll be getting! Just a thought.

Anyone know if danganronpa would be ok for na 8 year old? Im trying to find some other vita games to get he and i figure a visual novel style game like that would be pretty simple. She saw my beat stickers NISA was giving out with their orders (i have like a pile of 6 of them) and tried to gank one =p

holy crap i remember those, still have that stuff
It is a pretty mature game in my opinion. The characters use curse words pretty often (especially the "f" word) and there is also a good bit of sexual innuendo and suggestive dialogue. While there isn't a whole lot of graphic violence, the violence that is in the game could be considered shocking/scary, especially to an 8yr old.

Replies to last three pages (without quotes):

Monokuma is a masochist-cot! I would think 8 years old a tad young for Danganronpa. I don't think it would mess up his psychological stability but at $40 and being practically all visual novel, I don't see it even being worth a purchase unless you are secretly just purchasing it for yourself.

It is a pretty mature game in my opinion. The characters use curse words pretty often (especially the "f" word) and there is also a good bit of sexual innuendo and suggestive dialogue. While there isn't a whole lot of graphic violence, the violence that is in the game could be considered shocking/scary, especially to an 8yr old.
8 year old girl actually. It would be for her for sure. I already have the LE of the game and a regular copy. ANd i dont mind swearing, she watches Die Hard with me every X-mas since she was about 4, and used to make a game out of counting the swears. Sexual stuff may be a no no though. Im more concerned with the gameplay. Is it simple enough for an 8 year old to play? And how bad is the sexual stuff? Violence/swearing no biggie, but dont think i want her playing something with tons of T&A

Final comment: so we're all in for the ultimate edition of the new Guided Fate? Will that be making the Devil/Angel editions more of a rarity? I'm sure they're already somewhat aware of how many copies they plan on making, but just suspicious that the world is going to get more ultimate editions. Not that it matters to me, I already know what edition I'll be getting! Just a thought.
I think all the editions come with the same LE and the exclusive items that vary will come separately since I don't see any difference with the box for each edition. Not the first time exclusive items came on the side thru NISA.

Guess what happens to a person who is going to look for problems everywhere. They find problems. You knew Newegg shipped that game in a bubble mailer but you ordered it two more times and expected a different outcome?? C'mon man, get real. If you expect premium service then start shopping at premium outlets and pay extra for your careful shipping and handling. We have more options than ever before on how to obtain our purchased media. Learn to have some accountability. All of those retailers you mentioned have accountability; they allow you to return products and they take a loss doing so.
I understand both sides of this argument, and I personally sale collectibles on Ebay daily, and I would NEVER send an item that was not replaceable in a bubble mailer(or anything else for that matter). That's just "retarded", but to think Amazon or anyone else is going to spend time packaging an item carefully, is just as silly.

Ultimately, the shipping carriers are just moving items from point A to B. It is not their job to do it safely or otherwise, that's why insurance is offered. Amazon, BB, Newegg all know that the shipping carriers are doing their utmost to save cost, so package concern doesn't fall in that category. The big retailers are saving cost to, so we get bubble mailers, or boxes with crap filler that wouldn't protect anything.

I agree that this is the nature of the beast, and to order these items on a regular basis and expect a different result is "Insanity" http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alberteins133991.html

So the only thing any of us have control over in this equation is "US". I personally order 2-3 of certain items from Amazon to insure a box is used, and even then 1-2 may arrive damaged. I take the good one, and return the damages at Amazon's cost. Is this ideal? probably not, but it takes the variable that is "retailers" and "shippers", and puts some control in my hands. Since they play the game of dollars & cents, I just do the same.

Backed Grisaia at the physical trilogy level. Now I just need to make sure I've got $120 free for that come February 1st...

8 year old girl actually. It would be for her for sure. I already have the LE of the game and a regular copy. ANd i dont mind swearing, she watches Die Hard with me every X-mas since she was about 4, and used to make a game out of counting the swears. Sexual stuff may be a no no though. Im more concerned with the gameplay. Is it simple enough for an 8 year old to play? And how bad is the sexual stuff? Violence/swearing no biggie, but dont think i want her playing something with tons of T&A
It's not terribly overt, as I recall. Mostly innuendo, I think. Gameplay, though, will likely be a challenge. They are by no means easy games. Maybe someone who has played on the easiest difficulty can chime in with a different opinion, but I have a hard time imagining myself having much of a chance of finishing the game at 8 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back