Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you name me some 3ds ones?
Can I make a suggestion based on what I WANT to play, despite not having a 3DS?

-The Dark Spire

-999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (Zero Hour episode 1) [Also a 3rd episode may or may not be in the planning (probably is not)]

-Cave Story 3D

(Bonus reading material, nice list of decent looking 3DS games found while trying to think of damn The Dark Spire's title:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-ten-best-3ds-games )

Played the demo and saved. Heard you get some items at the start.

How is the item buying done? Eshop or Atlus shop/in-game.

Thanks for the advice. :D
Nintendo 3DS games have their DLC stores built in to the cartridge and it cannot be purchased outside of the game.

That's a really good deal. .hack is my favorite series.
one of mine as well. I wish they'd make more games but the series is done from what I'm aware ignoring all the ovas they keep doing supposedly. Honestly it would of been the best time to hit when sword art online was so popular.

on a different note what are the chances of child of light going on sale again? I'd rather not spend 15$ if I don't have to and use the current discount for stuff that will never go on sale like klonoa.

Is this rare now? I remember seeing them at GS years ago for the same price as the Vita game itself
Gamestop still has it listed, but it is the typical "none within 100 mile radius" for me when I do a search for stores nearby. BestBuy no longer has the product listed. Amazon price (3rd party) is $100+.

Gamestop still has it listed, but it is the typical "none within 100 mile radius" for me when I do a search for stores nearby. BestBuy no longer has the product listed. Amazon price (3rd party) is $100+.
The Silver Edition was converted to preowned at Gamestop last month, so if you can find one, it'll ring up the same price as a standard used copy of the game, $19.99. I found a sealed Silver Edition at a GS the week before Christmas and was able to buy it with the b-day coupon + PUR for $14.39+tax.

Damn you serious? Guess I shouldn't have opened mine then.

Damn you serious? Guess I shouldn't have opened mine then.
They're still available on xseed's website. You can buy a new one and sell off the old one =P

The Silver Edition was converted to preowned at Gamestop last month, so if you can find one, it'll ring up the same price as a standard used copy of the game, $19.99. I found a sealed Silver Edition at a GS the week before Christmas and was able to buy it with the b-day coupon + PUR for $14.39+tax.
Thanks, but after the conversion, there's no way to know if the item is a conversion or if it is a trade-in... you'd have to call or have a gamestop rep do the leg work for you and call each store right? There are plenty of gamestops that carry the game used, it's a crapshoot whether or not they will have the new one's converted at the store.

Thanks, but after the conversion, there's no way to know if the item is a conversion or if it is a trade-in... you'd have to call or have a gamestop rep do the leg work for you and call each store right?
CAG Rule #1: Never call. You have to assume that any employee who finds one if you ask might keep the extras for him/herself. :shame:

CAG Rule #1: Never call. You have to assume that any employee who finds one if you ask might keep the extras for him/herself. :shame:
Agreed, though hunting this down in person would not justify the $30 saved...IMHO. I bought mine with GCU. Just thought I'd pass this along. BTW, the soundtrack from this game is pretty good! Well worth the extra moneys.

still have 2 of this sealed lol so much for going up
I dont remember seeing this available a few days ago when I checked the website.... maybe it's a reprint (doubtful)?

Well this is interesting. This had been sold out for MONTHS. I actually checked the site fairly regularly over that time. I would be all over it if I didn't already get my Gamestop new converted to used copy for under $20.

This could very well be a reprint because the only thing they would have had to reprint would have been the outer box. They have regularly sold the individual components by themselves on the website. The only thing I couldn't find them selling individually was the outer box.

Ugh, ive been so depress lately, i can't enjoy videogames like i use to everytime i get home from work i try to force myself to play some bravely defaults or freedom wars(because there the ones im currently playing) but i can only get myself to play 30 mins or less... I mean when im not doing anything else, all i think about is buying videogames and preordering limited edition of everything and once i get them obviously they are in my backlog but wow, i don't have any motivation to play videogames anymore... I really dont do anything else besides sleep work and lay down watching tv or on my phone.
That just means you need to take a break from gaming for a while. Also you can try and change up your schedule. If your are trying to force yourself to do something you will not enjoy it because it feels like a chore. Also stop preordering limited editions if you have no use for them you'll enjoy the money you save more and they will become more special when you do. If video games are your only hobby it can get easy to get tired of them so maybe you need to try some new things like art or running. Hell if you still want to play video games try different genres other than massive RPGS.

I found "display" cases for Ys Silver at 3 different gamestops and at every store they told me they just threw out the extra stuff when they did the conversion.  :roll:

Well yes, if they have a display case out for it - at all the stores I tried, it was a black vita case with generic printed-out GS label specifically saying "Ys: Memories of Celceta Silver Edition". Be sure to look in the new section, rather than preowned. Anyway, I brought those cases up to the counter at each store and asked if they actually had the LE in stock, which they unfortunately did not.

I guess there's always a chance you could find one even if they don't have a display case out for it, although if the employee tries to look it up in the computer they're obviously not going to find anything.

Been trying to get the plat for Ninja Storm Revolution before the new one comes out. Kind of struggling through the last few tournament modes though, the 4 man battles are definitely becoming more of a chore than anything as the game goes on. The 1 v 1 fights are still fun, but the novelty on the orb battles wore off pretty quick. 

Is it worth to still get one piece red or should I just wait for warriors 3 by now?
I've avoided red because I hadn't caught up to the show until now I'm almost done.

Is it worth to still get one piece red or should I just wait for warriors 3 by now?
I've avoided red because I hadn't caught up to the show until now I'm almost done.
i stop paying attention to the show but i thought red was a dissapointment, youll get more fun outta 3 than the other

Not sure about the show, but I know the OP manga has been terrible for quite a while now. It used to be a mix of gags and great fight scenes. Now it's just gags all the time.

Not sure about the show, but I know the OP manga has been terrible for quite a while now. It used to be a mix of gags and great fight scenes. Now it's just gags all the time.
prettymuch this. been crap since impel down arc. magellan is such a filler character. They really need to differentiate the logias and such from paramecias more as you got logias who can't disperse their bodies, paramecias who are practically logias and then elemental zoans. Its gotten pretty rediculous. That and sanji got uber while zolo is prettymuch the least useful member of the entire crew. Robin could possibly be the strongest devil fruit user in a non long ranged battle if you combine haki with her ability since it can't be dodged.

Its had its up swings like finding more tidbits about the legendary weapons and piecing stuff together about the blank period. but prettymuch everything since after the time skip has felt like filler. Not to mention they made a big deal about big mom, skypia and such but are just getting sidetracked from those two things. How luffy even has the slightest bit of remorse for bellamy is just the biggest crock of crap. Oh and cypher pol 0 and aokijis replacement magically popping up out of nowhere.

I do like alot of the side characters in the dressrosa arc though. I'd like if cavendesh bart and violet joined the crew. And so far luffy prettymuch decided that trafalgar is gonna be in the crew which is cool by me since he's my fave character in the series.

I wanted to pick up ys memories of celceta someday but never did yet. Would you guys recommend getting the silver edition from the xseed site or should I try and find it elsewhere/just get the standard edition itself?

NVM, i realized it only ships to US and I am in Canada :( sad life

Just a heads up for those who supported that people are starting to get emails for backerkit for the CLANNAD kickstarter. I got mine. I saved some money to splurge on this kickstarter. Getting me the manga, physical game, side stories, and maybe ost. Still debating on the others like the t-shirt.

Just a heads up for those who supported that people are starting to get emails for backerkit for the CLANNAD kickstarter. I got mine. I saved some money to splurge on this kickstarter. Getting me the manga, physical game, side stories, and maybe ost. Still debating on the others like the t-shirt.
Yeah, I got my email. I'm fine with just the physical game.

I pledged enough to get all the physical goodies (minus the signed stuff). My total pledge was $215.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 and J-Stars Victory VS+ have a confirmed PS3 localization while Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 is next-gen exclusive.
Cool, thanks. Yeah, I heard PW3 and J-stars will be localized to the PS3, digitally at the very least (which is better than nothing, I know). Just wondering about a physical release b/c all I have seen up to this point are preorders for the PS4 version. Well, we'll see what happens.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhHwUjFzY_I[/media]

Pokken Gameplay
so basically they are making a cross between a fighting game and the anime? I can't see most pokemon working in a game like this without ignoring the gameplay logic completely. ashes dream of beating onix with pikachu may become real :p

Do the atelier games ever go on discount, digitally? I want atelier ayesha plus and was considering buying it with the 10% off discount code. I'm in absolutely no hurry to play it though... it actually may be a good two - three years before I get to it.

Have the other atelier digital games been discounted for more than $4 off before?

Got mine too. Just getting the physical game+expansion. Wanted a t-shirt, but they're really ugly.

Do the atelier games ever go on discount, digitally? I want atelier ayesha plus and was considering buying it with the 10% off discount code. I'm in absolutely no hurry to play it though... it actually may be a good two - three years before I get to it.

Have the other atelier digital games been discounted for more than $4 off before?
Totori Plus and Meruru Plus were about 50% off around Golden Week last year.

Got mine too. Just getting the physical game+expansion. Wanted a t-shirt, but they're really ugly.

Totori Plus and Meruru Plus were about 50% off around Golden Week last year.
damn and I somehow missed that? :(

oh and any good deals/recs during the sale?

I so far have klonoa and costume quest 2. 21$ and some change to spend though I'd probably spend more if there are enough titles.

Golden Week had 2 and 3 of the previous trilogy. Rorona Plus wasn't out yet. I'm hoping it has all three and maybe Ayesha Plus as well this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back