Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh ok

I can put up with that, that's no biggie.

Ya the gaming references is what intrigued me :)
Ogling the girls is a good chunk of the game's value to most players, but by no means all of it.

It can get pretty suggestive at times, but it isn't explicit. Just a JRPG with girls occasionally in revealing outfits and gaming jokes sprinkled throughout the writing, for the most part.

Ogling the girls is a good chunk of the game's value to most players, but by no means all of it.

It can get pretty suggestive at times, but it isn't explicit. Just a JRPG with girls occasionally in revealing outfits and gaming jokes sprinkled throughout the writing, for the most part.
Don't forget implied Yuri.... sweet sweet Yuri :D/

Mangagamer Princess Evangile visual novel now up for pre-order. They will have an all ages version and an adult 18+ version. This is Moonstone and not Moonstone Cherry their nukige brand and it is consider long 30-50 hours on vndb.org. Buying any version gets you a Steam key when it's released on there.

It will release March 27th.

18+ version

Link $40.45 pre-order price

All Ages version

Link $31.45 pre-order price

Been waiting for another story driven visual novel for a long while so this gets my money instead of Bloodborne likely...yeah I will get a lot of backlash for that.

Also in other new the Nitro Plus visual novel Hanachirasu comes out March 10th from Jast USA. I've had it pre-ordered for a long time...but it doesn't compare. Still looks OK though.

Is there a physical edition for princess envangile VN? It looks like a steam only game other than the 18+ version that is only downloaded at their store. I love me my physical editions >:)

or completely naked groping eachother with just soap and their own bodies for covering via tasteful/distasteful nude

but thats typical of anime these days sadly. Though it seems to finally be dying down along with less oversexualized loli moe blobs.

I've never played the games, but I read an article on Polygon saying they were anime rape simulators.
sometimes I wonder. Everything involving iris certainly is xD girls such a troll. her va being kyri the little sister from digimon creeps me out though.

Yea, Amazon shipped mine out last night. It was outside my door when I left just after 7 AM.

Edit: Shipping confirmation last night at 8:36 PM. That's not even 11 hours. They shipped two other items that I put slow shipping for, for the mp3/kindle credit, and those were in the same package.

Best Buy backordered my MM LE. I got charged Wednesday and switched to prepping order like everyone else. Late late last night I got an email stating it was delayed until mid March. I called up CS today and they were very confused. After looked over notes and the order for a couple minutes they finally found out that it was backordered. No actual reason given. She couldn't even cancel the order if she wanted to since it went to the warehouse already for fulfillment. So now I'm stuck in some sorta of limbo where they have taken my money and may or may not deliver on the product in a month. 

Best Buy backordered my MM LE. I got charged Wednesday and switched to prepping order like everyone else. Late late last night I got an email stating it was delayed until mid March. I called up CS today and they were very confused. After looked over notes and the order for a couple minutes they finally found out that it was backordered. No actual reason given. She couldn't even cancel the order if she wanted to since it went to the warehouse already for fulfillment. So now I'm stuck in some sorta of limbo where they have taken my money and may or may not deliver on the product in a month.
If you check your order status does it say backordered or does it still say preparing?

MH4 3DS arriving Monday. I also just bought a Vita TV for $40.

I don't own a Vita so $40 to access to a lot of the library is worth it to me. Plus P4G which is the main reason I bought it.

it says bestbuy is shipping it through ups through next day air saver. i don't understand why they would waste money on me, seeing as i am not even an elite status member

it says bestbuy is shipping it through ups through next day air saver. i don't understand why they would waste money on me, seeing as i am not even an elite status member
I'm elite (the lower elite) and my Majora Mask LE (game) was shipped via UPS Ground.

I'm an elite member as well and they overnighted mine too. :)

My backup copy from Game Stop just shipped today by UPS ground, so shouldn't take to long for that one. Hopefully won't be too beat up, noticed that the shipping weight on the GS package was 2lbs less than BB! :pray:

I'm an elite member as well and they overnighted mine too. :)

My backup copy from Game Stop just shipped today by UPS ground, so shouldn't take to long for that one. Hopefully won't be too beat up, noticed that the shipping weight on the GS package was 2lbs less than BB! :pray:
i am not an elite member tho. LOL it is just strange they would do that. but i am happy tho. sadly thing is, sometimes bestbuy gives me better shipping service than amazon does, when i am a prime member. especially since bestbuy are shipping from local stores. i remember ordering ink toners from bestbuy with the free shipping service. i got in two days

Crap, Best Buy is using UPS.  I hate UPS.  I'm always a week on the phone with them getting something delivered.

I got an email from Best Buy that my Majora's Mask LE was cancelled in error and they're sending me the game for free. Should be here in a few days. Hopefully it's still the LE instead of the standard edition, but I'll have to wait and see.

i said too soon, the ups didn't even try to deliver it, and said attempt made, but customer was not home. i was home the whole day

Hey, Monster Monpiece on sale in the PSN flash sale. I forget how much of it was censored. I'll have to look it up.

Some other games are on sale too like Tales of XIllia 2, Arcana Heart 3, Jojo, Digimon, Nep Rebirth 1.

MH4 3DS arriving Monday. I also just bought a Vita TV for $40.

I don't own a Vita so $40 to access to a lot of the library is worth it to me. Plus P4G which is the main reason I bought it.
If you haven't played them already you should get all the great PS1 JRPGs like Suikoden 1 and 2, Chrono Cross, FF7-9, as well as the great PSP JRPGs like Lunar: SSH and Jeanne d'Arc.

Hey, Monster Monpiece on sale in the PSN flash sale. I forget how much of it was censored. I'll have to look it up.

Some other games are on sale too like Tales of XIllia 2, Arcana Heart 3, Jojo, Digimon, Nep Rebirth 1.
one thing i hated about the game,. if you max out the cards it lowers their freaking stats. its about a 30 hour game (dont be shocked if you get to the final chapter in 10 hours though, the final chapter is as long as the first 9)

Wild Arms 2 is absolutely awful. It is far too easy and the localization/story are so weak. I liked the first one quite a bit though.

Better than Lunar: SSSC or Suikoden 2?
I wouldn't go that far!!!!! I am playing Wild Arms 1 at the moment for the first time on my Vita TV. Its great that you can remap buttons because well older games do not use the analog sticks and it makes it way better. Sometimes I have no idea where I am going and have to just wonder around and talk to people but that is how JRPGs were back then. I just find the map hard as balls to navigate at times. I also wish you could see a map to see where your at because I get so lost. There are so many abilities too, soooooooooooo many!

I currently just repaired Rudy's arm and got the Flying Machine.

Becareful though, the Arcana Heart 3 being sold isn't the newest version Love Max!!!!!, and the KOF 98 in the sale can be brought for cheaper in another sale I think.

Great sale in general, a lot of good fighters like Guilty Gear Xrd for $24/20 PS4/3 and I think that's the lowest price it's been.

Jojo is also at $20 which is the lowest I've seen it.

Don't get the Digimon game though, from what I've seen that game sucks balls.

If you haven't played them already you should get all the great PS1 JRPGs like Suikoden 1 and 2, Chrono Cross, FF7-9, as well as the great PSP JRPGs like Lunar: SSH and Jeanne d'Arc.
this depending on the prices. in the majority of those cases I got the physical copies for cheap :D ff7 is the only one I bought digital. don't own lunar or suikoden 1 though and chances of stumbling on to a sealed copy of 2 for under 10 bucks like I did are low

I found 1 very, very generic and easy IMHO. I need to play the remake....maybe it will make it better.
it uses 3's engine so whether you will like that or not along with the 2 new partymembers that were npcs I believe is up to you.

if we are recommending ps1 games I would totally say arc the lad 1 chrono cross ff7 and grandia are worth playing. Especially arc the lad.

tales of destiny was great character and story wise as well. But the gameplay and graphics are severely dated so you'll have visual problems with trying to do these heavy sight puzzles. like moving rocks that blend into the background or trying to figure out wth the zodiac signs are. The encounter rate can be awful as well. especially caves. They did fricken amazing creative work with the sprites then. Illenes date scene being the big one.

I liked it and to a lesser extent eternia (meh cast) but both are expensive tod around 30 and toe around 200. if you know jpn you could just get the psn digital copy of the psp version. or if you still have a psp just get the eu version which is 40$ like I did.

this depending on the prices. in the majority of those cases I got the physical copies for cheap :D ff7 is the only one I bought digital. don't own lunar or suikoden 1 though and chances of stumbling on to a sealed copy of 2 for under 10 bucks like I did are low
You got Suikoden 2 sealed for under 10 bucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back