Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShadowAssassin']
I might have to resell it unless anyone here has any tips on how to get the smell out. I can't exactly clean it.[/QUOTE]

You can try what you do with books. Get an container with a lid large enough to fit the stuff, air tight preferably. Put something in it to elevate whatever you want the smell out of, but it shouldn't be too large to cover the entire bottom of the container. Pour a small box of baking soda around whatever you're using to elevate. Put your item on the thing, close the lid, and leave it for like a week.

That's pretty hard to understand, so let me try and find a link with instructions...

http://www.topictool.com/smellyBooks.html
http://www.realsimple.com/magazine-...eal-simple/remove-musty-smell-00000000032689/

I remember when the game+plush came out, a lot of the disks were broken. So we had to open ours to make sure.

I always use laundry sheets to get the smell of smoke out of used games I buy and it works perfectly. I use one sheet in the case, one sheet underneath the cover art. Then put it in something like a garbage bag or drawer for a week. Then take it out, toss the sheets, and let it air out for a few days until the laundry smell dissipates.

Desura is having a half-off sale on a bunch of visual novels - Vera Blanc, Planet Stronghold, Heileen 1 and 2, Bionic Heart, Always Remember Me, and Loren The Amazon Princess.

[quote name='Zbornak']Desura is having a half-off sale on a bunch of visual novels - Vera Blanc, Planet Stronghold, Heileen 1 and 2, Bionic Heart, Always Remember Me, and Loren The Amazon Princess.[/QUOTE]Are any of those...good?

I left it by the window for 24 hours with a nice cool breeze coming through. I'd say if yesterday the smell was 100% right now it dropped to maybe about 85%. It may have lost a little bit or maybe I just became desensitized to it.

So I'll let it sit by the window for another two days and if I notice no difference it's baking soda time. If that doesn't work, it's ebay time.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I left it by the window for 24 hours with a nice cool breeze coming through. I'd say if yesterday the smell was 100% right now it dropped to maybe about 85%. It may have lost a little bit or maybe I just became desensitized to it.

So I'll let it sit by the window for another two days and if I notice no difference it's baking soda time. If that doesn't work, it's ebay time.[/QUOTE]

It's been recommended before, but the dryer sheet tactic works very well. Just cut one in half, put one half in the case and the other underneath the cover art and close the case. It should be fine in a day or two.

[quote name='thelonepig']It's been recommended before, but the dryer sheet tactic works very well. Just cut one in half, put one half in the case and the other underneath the cover art and close the case. It should be fine in a day or two.[/QUOTE]

When you say underneath the cover art, you mean opening up the game case, sticking a sheet in, then snapping it shut?

Or do you mean opening up the game case wide(like you would if you wanted to pull the cover art out, and then putting a sheet in there with the cover art?

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']When you say underneath the cover art, you mean opening up the game case, sticking a sheet in, then snapping it shut?

Or do you mean opening up the game case wide(like you would if you wanted to pull the cover art out, and then putting a sheet in there with the cover art?[/QUOTE]

Both.

[quote name='UnwovenNebula']Haven't played this one, but i'm very interested in getting it, has anyone played this before?

Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle

its on amazon for 49.99, seems like one of the best prices around, and is it worth it?

http://www.amazon.com/Saint-Seiya-S...?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1364656414&sr=1-148[/QUOTE]

Also wondering about this game, as I never heard of it. If it's in English in some capacity, I'll consider trying it out.

[quote name='storino03']Also wondering about this game, as I never heard of it. If it's in English in some capacity, I'll consider trying it out.[/QUOTE]

You can also get the PAL version for around the same amount.

Here

Zavvi also had it for $25 a week or 2 ago.

Not a deal per se, but relevant to this thread.

XSEED Games:

To all Ragnarok Odyssey hunters:

This is a friendly reminder that the following 3 DLC for Ragnarok Odyssey,

RAGNAROK ODYSSEY: GUNSLINGER OUTFIT
RAGNAROK ODYSSEY: NINJA OUTFIT
RAGNAROK ODYSSEY: TAEKWON KID OUTFIT

will be deactivated and removed from PSN when the PSN Store gets updated on 4/2/13. If you haven't downloaded them yet we encourage players to do so before tomorrow's update!!
Happy hunting!

[quote name='Kotomine']Not a deal per se, but relevant to this thread.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Don't have the game but went ahead and DLed them since I have been waiting for a price drop to pick it up.

Do any of you guys think Pandora's Tower will be hard to find in a few months? I mean I have enough in the backlog, and well I would like to save a few dollars this month. So I might hold off a preorder since there is no bonuses like a soundtrack.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Do any of you guys think Pandora's Tower will be hard to find in a few months? I mean I have enough in the backlog, and well I would like to save a few dollars this month. So I might hold off a preorder since there is no bonuses like a soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

I'm going ahead and just ordering it to be on the safe side. I screwed up with Xenoblade and it was not till two weeks ago I found one on AWD for $50.35 that was in like new condition. Not going to let this one get away.

Thanks for the heads up! Added to my download history since I may still pick the game up eventually.

[quote name='Sion']I'm going ahead and just ordering it to be on the safe side. I screwed up with Xenoblade and it was not till two weeks ago I found one on AWD for $50.35 that was in like new condition. Not going to let this one get away.[/QUOTE]

It won't disappear near as quickly as Xenoblade, not being exclusive to one retailer and all. But probably wise to pick it up soon, there may not be a large printing.

Plus, everyone assumed Xenoblade was going to get a price drop or a reprint. As a result, a lot of people were late to the party. Such as me. :lol:

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Xenoblade was a GS exclusive. PT is not. That is why Xenoblade was rare.[/QUOTE]

Well, this is a game coming out way late in the Wii's life cycle. I mean, the system is basically dead. I'd say there's a fair chance that this game will see a limited print.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Well, this is a game coming out way late in the Wii's life cycle. I mean, the system is basically dead. I'd say there's a fair chance that this game will see a limited print.[/QUOTE]

There are no upcoming releases in Japan for the Wii and Pandoras Tower is the last scheduled release that I know of coming to the US this year.

the true SMT title!

as much as I love persona, devil summoner, devil survivor, I was sick of it (especially persona and its various iterations ... I know... blasphemy to the newer smt fants...(don't get me wrong, I am new too since I only got really into it with ps2))

can't wait to get my hands on it. $50? not a problem at all.

Weird that an Atlus game would cost more then a first party Nintendo game! But knowing Atlus, that first print run will be nice and I'll have to get it :3

[quote name='wasabi5858']the true SMT title!

as much as I love persona, devil summoner, devil survivor, I was sick of it (especially persona and its various iterations ... I know... blasphemy to the newer smt fants...(don't get me wrong, I am new too since I only got really into it with ps2))

can't wait to get my hands on it. $50? not a problem at all.[/QUOTE]

I can't say I'm tired of Persona, but very happy we're getting a true SMT again before another Persona game. I'll be looking forward to more info on the SMT/Fire Emblem crossover as well. I'm assuming there will be some first print bonus, hopefully it'll be nice.

Also wanted to say thanks. I don't play RO that much but every now and again I log in a couple of hours.

[quote name='Domo7']This is the US version right? Never ordered from Play-Asia, how are they?

EDIT: Nvm see the US version, but still how are they?[/QUOTE]
Love 'em. The only major downside is that shipping tends to be high for non-media items (like accessories and figures), but I've been shopping at Play-Asia for years and have never had any major problems.

I wonder if this deal means it's been reprinted (ETA: yup), which might mean potential price drops later on. Whatever; at least I'll finally have a copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
$50 for SMT IV, jesus.

I mean it's SMT IV, I really could care less but still. $50 for a 3DS game.

The second they announced SMT IV I knew I was buying it so I preordered it.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Paying $50 for SMT IV? Yeah, you guys sure are CAGs.[/QUOTE]

I'll pay a premium for games I really want or companies that deserve it.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Paying $50 for SMT IV? Yeah, you guys sure are CAGs.[/QUOTE]

No CAG is some pure sense of the idea. A gamer doesn't wait for every title to go clearance before they support it. Sometimes you just want to play a game and support the company that made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back