Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KtMack23']When does NISA charge?[/QUOTE]

You get a pending charge at the time of the order, and they'll actually charge a few days before shipping (probably 2?). I'll check my bank account to see when they did it last time.

Ok mk2 released on Feb 28th. I see the charge dated the 21st. Turns out this was on Paypal so you'll get a pending charge on paypal too. Should drop off after a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beyond the collector status, can anyone actually recommend this game? Was MK2 any good? Cmon, I can't be the only one who noticed the 'playskool's My First RPG you win every battle zero tactics' of the first game.

[quote name='callmewoof']Beyond the collector status, can anyone actually recommend this game? Was MK2 any good? Cmon, I can't be the only one who noticed the 'playskool's My First RPG you win every battle zero tactics' of the first game.[/QUOTE]

MK2 is slightly better than the first from what I've heard from everyone who played it (I refuse to waste my time on a game that's merely less bad than terrible though).

I doubt this one is gonna be much better than the rest. I still bought a copy, so we'll see if I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

[quote name='TommyLove']
I'm also curious why is Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 so expensive?!
[/QUOTE]

Limited edition, sold out VERY fast. Lots of people waited until the last minute, and then is sold out before the actual cut off date. And yes, some of those people DID buy the "collectors value" on eBay etc. later on... A lesson in always pre-ordering early... just in case.

Never opened either one of the first two but made sure to grab the premium edition of them when they were available. Gonna do the same with this one :D

I find it very odd that big name individuals like Inafune and Uematsu are included in such a niche game. Perhaps an indication of its growing success as a series? One can only hope ...

Stopped checking in on this thread after the whole Mugen Souls fiasco. The stupid moderator kept deleting any refrence to it, even just a simple link to the developers official statement on what was removed. Figure no point following a thread that gets edited so idiotically for no reason, who knows what kinda info might be getting removed

anyway, that said i figured this is probably the best place to ask about this: Under Defeat: Deluxe Edition. Is that worth picking up? It looks like a SMUP but not really a bullet hell game. What category would this be under? Im also wondering whats so 'delux' about it. Its in my gold box right now so im considering getting it. Not sure if its worth waiting for it to hit $20 or not. Sometimes these niche games drop and other times they just sell out. Any ideas if this one is in the running to drop in price?

I was also curiuos about the cover.. which one is this? I see a generic boring helecopter one, and a more dramatic looking one with actual characters. Whats the difference?

[quote name='Kenshindono']Stopped checking in on this thread after the whole Mugen Souls fiasco. The stupid moderator kept deleting any refrence to it, even just a simple link to the developers official statement on what was removed. Figure no point following a thread that gets edited so idiotically for no reason, who knows what kinda info might be getting removed

anyway, that said i figured this is probably the best place to ask about this: Under Defeat: Deluxe Edition. Is that worth picking up? It looks like a SMUP but not really a bullet hell game. What category would this be under? Im also wondering whats so 'delux' about it. Its in my gold box right now so im considering getting it. Not sure if its worth waiting for it to hit $20 or not. Sometimes these niche games drop and other times they just sell out. Any ideas if this one is in the running to drop in price?

I was also curiuos about the cover.. which one is this? I see a generic boring helecopter one, and a more dramatic looking one with actual characters. Whats the difference?[/QUOTE]

It's a normal shmup, not bullet hell so if you like those kinds of games then it's worth it.

As for deluxe, it comes with a physical soundtrack, all japanese DLC/patches on disc(not sure what this includes), and an extra DLC chopper(not sure if on disc or code yet since I haven't opened it yet). I don't see there being a non-deluxe version though as I kinda doubt this game will get a reprint, so it will either plummet in price or become hard to find after a while.

[quote name='shivan128']This will go nicely with the other two LE's... man, NISA sure know how to take my money!![/QUOTE]

^This!

Can't wait 'til March! :D

[quote name='HakaHina']I find it very odd that big name individuals like Inafune and Uematsu are included in such a niche game. Perhaps an indication of its growing success as a series? One can only hope ...[/QUOTE]

I don't recall exactly what article it was, but they are all friends. I believe inafune helped with mk2 as well.

Is the HNV CE exclusive to NISA?

I kept thinking mk2 was going to be available at GS/Amazon (like the first one was)... and needless to say, I regret not reading things more carefully.

[quote name='Vinny']Is the HNV CE exclusive to NISA?

I kept thinking mk2 was going to be available at GS/Amazon (like the first one was)... and needless to say, I regret not reading things more carefully.[/QUOTE]

Probably, all CEs (mk2, Meruru, Mugen Souls) since Disgaea 4 have been exclusive to the NISA store.

[quote name='Slermy']Ugh, lunch boxes? I was hoping for another large box.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously considering importing to get the Nendroids now. That's what I did for mkII. And since I don't want to open my US CE, I might even have to get a 2nd US version just to play.

I think somewhere in that logic chain I just talked myself into buying the game 3 times to play it once. That can't be right...

[quote name='Slermy']Ugh, lunch boxes? I was hoping for another large box.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but it's a lunchbox *within* a lunchbox. Lunchboxception.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']Probably, all CEs (mk2, Meruru, Mugen Souls) since Disgaea 4 have been exclusive to the NISA store.[/QUOTE]

Didn't even think about that. Good point.

I wonder if these will be as limited as mk2 was though... Mugen Souls is still in stock so I can't help but wonder if they'll mass produce these as well. Or maybe nobody wants Mugen Souls?

[quote name='DarkSageRK']This is the right answer.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. With the whole censorship thing and it being a new IP, it seems it didn't sell very well. It's been at that same stock category since like 2 weeks after it was open for preorder. Both the figure set and LE seemed to drop to the 'below 50%' stock around the same time oddly enough.

The only other LE that ended up being discounted on their store was Totori. I'm actually just waiting for the MS LE to drop in price before I get it.

Mugen Souls 2 has already been announced for Japan. I wonder if they are even going to bother localizing that one.

Looks like the Tekken Hybrid LE went back up to $29.99. Glad I went last Friday and got it for $19.99.

Not a Japanese game but Atlus's Game of Thrones with Art Book Bundle dropped to $14.99 on Amazon (PS3)
http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-...F8&qid=1355374554&sr=8-2&keywords=atlus+games

and XB360: http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Book-Bundle-Xbox-360/dp/B007B7BH6G/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 is $19.99 again
http://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-T...F8&qid=1355374554&sr=8-5&keywords=atlus+games

Naruto Shippuden: Naruto vs. Sasuke with the Amazon Exclusive figure is at $11.99
http://www.amazon.com/Naruto-Shippu...8&qid=1355374704&sr=8-60&keywords=atlus+games

[quote name='Vinny']Is the HNV CE exclusive to NISA?

I kept thinking mk2 was going to be available at GS/Amazon (like the first one was)... and needless to say, I regret not reading things more carefully.[/QUOTE]

For Atelier Meruru, Gamestop DID release a mini artbook with soundtrack sealed to the outside of it. The NISA LE had that PLUS a larger artbook with it. So the best parts are exclusive.

[quote name='barrit']
Mugen Souls 2 has already been announced for Japan. I wonder if they are even going to bother localizing that one.[/QUOTE]

With everyone going on about censorship this and boycott that, I am confident that we will NOT see it. Would be a shame if they toned down the ecchi too in it, making it uncensored if NISA were to do it. But numbers tell a company a lot of things, so in most cases if they really were that bad for the first one... just wouldn't bother with a sequel...

They may make it digital only, if they really want to cut costs down for a US release. Or simply make less than what was available on their website.

Thanks to the person who gave me the heads up that "Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals" from Natsume is $9.99 at K-Mart. Found one today in the bargain bin!

[quote name='mitnosi']Never opened either one of the first two but made sure to grab the premium edition of them when they were available. Gonna do the same with this one :D[/QUOTE]

your listal link inspired me, I found a similar app for iOS and now have all my games in a database with a nice coverview to browse. However i am disappoint, only 148 physical console/handheld games. This is a clear indication i am not trying hard enough... more games to buy!

[quote name='Bandersnatch84']Snagged it, thanks. Hopefully I can love this series once again, Disgaea 3 just didn't do it for me at all.[/QUOTE]

Was this $20 new yesterday?

[quote name='whoknows']Anyone know if Mugen Souls has gone on sale anywhere yet?

I want it, but it seems to be holding its value pretty well.[/QUOTE]
It's already gone cheap in PAL regions (I picked it up for $28 in-store last week, less than half-price here), so I wouldn't be surprised if it falls soon in the US too.

[quote name='whoknows']Anyone know if Mugen Souls has gone on sale anywhere yet?

I want it, but it seems to be holding its value pretty well.[/QUOTE]

It was $25 at Fry's. Still might be; haven't bothered to check since I'll only pick it up for really cheap, if ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back