Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whoknows']Anyone know if Mugen Souls has gone on sale anywhere yet?

I want it, but it seems to be holding its value pretty well.[/QUOTE]

$30 on Gamefly is the cheapest I've seen it.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']$30 on Gamefly is the cheapest I've seen it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Might have to go with that since I don't have a Fry's in the area.

[quote name='rarebucky']Does anyone know if Code of Princess on Amazon comes in the full LE package with the CD soundtrack?[/QUOTE]

Usually, they'll listed the bonus items if they're still included. But it's worth it to just email them and ask, they can usually get someone at the warehouse to check.

Preordered my copy of Hyperdimension Neptunia V LE. I also have an extra sealed copy of the second game LE from the NiS store if someone wants to make an offer PM me :).

[quote name='maigoyume']Less than 50% remaining of Neptunia Victory preorders. Get'em in folks![/QUOTE]

Yep! No sense in waiting til the last minute!

Can't wait, etc, etc, etc! :D :D :D

I'm such a chump. I've got sealed limited edition versions of the first two games sitting on a shelf in the back room. I also picked up used copies of both of them for cheap on a b2g1 sale at Gamestop, so that I could play the game without opening them. Of course, I still haven't played either game because it would take time away from playing better ones.

And now I've preordered the limited edition of Victory. :nottalking:

Atlus sent out an email announcing that SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers :)3ds:), the "missing entry in the Shin Megami Tensei series", will be releasing Spring 2013:

on.jsp

Midnothing.jpg
BodytoNothing.jpg
BottomtoNOthing.jpg

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I'm such a chump. I've got sealed limited edition versions of the first two games sitting on a shelf in the back room. I also picked up used copies of both of them for cheap on a b2g1 sale at Gamestop, so that I could play the game without opening them. Of course, I still haven't played either game because it would take time away from playing better ones.

And now I've preordered the limited edition of Victory. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

I could have typed this entire post myself. You are amongst those who understand.

[quote name='Vigilante']Atlus sent out an email announcing that SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers :)3ds:), the "missing entry in the Shin Megami Tensei series", will be releasing Spring 2013:

on.jsp

Midnothing.jpg
BodytoNothing.jpg
BottomtoNOthing.jpg
[/QUOTE]

*sigh* This belongs in my PS2 library!! Curse you Atlus!

[quote name='mewman13']I'm holding out hope that NISA does a reprint of Neptunia mk2, as I missed the $30 BF price.[/QUOTE]
Is there a standard version of this game, or is it only the big boxed version? I've been debating on picking up a copy, if I can find one.

[quote name='shivan128']*sigh* This belongs in my PS2 library!! Curse you Atlus![/QUOTE]

it was originally a ps1 game

[quote name='mewman13']I'm holding out hope that NISA does a reprint of Neptunia mk2, as I missed the $30 BF price.[/QUOTE]

Why would they reprint mk2? It's still in stock on their website...

And I'm guessing they'll drop the price of mk2 just before V comes out.

[quote name='shivan128']*sigh* This belongs in my PS2 library!! Curse you Atlus![/QUOTE]

Seriously. I broke down and bought a Vita for Persona 4 Golden, but I've been holding out on buying a 3DS and hoping that I wouldn't feel the need to get one anytime soon... But this being a 3DS title pretty much clinches it. *sigh*

[quote name='storino03']Nah, this series seems to use non-sensical names for the sequels.[/QUOTE]

Well the sequel did have a 2 in the name somewhere.

[quote name='arcane93']Seriously. I broke down and bought a Vita for Persona 4 Golden, but I've been holding out on buying a 3DS and hoping that I wouldn't feel the need to get one anytime soon... But this being a 3DS title pretty much clinches it. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

Etrian Odyssey 4, Soul Hackers, and the inevitable announcement of Shin Megami Tensei 4.

For all the people without Frys. GameStop has Atelier Meruru for $39.99 it's great cause I had a ton of GameStop credit that needed to be used.

The Class of Heroes 2 website has launched.

More sections will unlock every 1-2 weeks. Victor Ireland said it's in the final testing phase and they're aiming for a January release.

Also, quoting Victor on NeoGAF:
You may still get a chance at a regular, preorder only UMD version with a digital download code bundled. If we can work it out (95% there, but a couple hurdles remain), we'll only make as many as are preordered, and that will be that - then digital only from launch forward.

[quote name='arcane93']Seriously. I broke down and bought a Vita for Persona 4 Golden, but I've been holding out on buying a 3DS and hoping that I wouldn't feel the need to get one anytime soon... But this being a 3DS title pretty much clinches it. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

I thought about the XL bundle for $160 with MK7 but I think I'll wait for MH3 to come out because I'm hoping for a bundle preferably with a circle pad and I don't care about ML7. The blue one does look nice though. I'd kill for a Fire Emblem XL. Then again we probably won't get anything.

[quote name='battousai11']Is this an amazon pre-order?[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming it'll be via Gaijinworks/Monkey Paw Games themselves, not through a major internet retailer.

[quote name='shivan128']I'm also interested in a pre-order... where can I find this? Or was this limited to the kick-starters only?[/QUOTE]

You can't pre-order it yet. If Victor posts anything more in the NeoGAF thread regarding pre-orders, I'll post it here.

Really excited myself. I was one of the $250 backers on the Kickstarter. Totally bummed out when it didn't reach its goal.

[quote name='Vigilante']Atlus sent out an email announcing that SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers :)3ds:), the "missing entry in the Shin Megami Tensei series", will be releasing Spring 2013:

on.jsp

Midnothing.jpg
BodytoNothing.jpg
BottomtoNOthing.jpg
[/QUOTE]
... can we have a plushie of that cute thing as a preorder bonus? Please? Please? There's precedent with Devil Summoner 2!

[quote name='Jedi_Amara']... can we have a plushie of that cute thing as a preorder bonus? Please? Please? There's precedent with Devil Summoner 2![/QUOTE]

Only if we can make a contract with it!

[quote name='maigoyume']Less than 50% remaining of Neptunia Victory preorders. Get'em in folks![/QUOTE]

Looks like I don't have long to decide on this, leaning towards regular though.

[quote name='orcishlad']I'm assuming it'll be via Gaijinworks/Monkey Paw Games themselves, not through a major internet retailer.

You can't pre-order it yet. If Victor posts anything more in the NeoGAF thread regarding pre-orders, I'll post it here.

Really excited myself. I was one of the $250 backers on the Kickstarter. Totally bummed out when it didn't reach its goal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'd be interested in pre-ordering this, especially if they're gearing up for a January release!

[quote name='storino03']Isn't it digital only and not a physical retail release?[/QUOTE]

That's why Victor Ireland's quote from NeoGaf that was linked is relevant. He says they are still hoping to get a limited, pre-order only, physical copy print run.

[quote name='Auburn']Etrian Odyssey 4, Soul Hackers, and the inevitable announcement of Shin Megami Tensei 4.[/QUOTE]

I am hoping that an announcement of Persona 2 Eternal Punishment is inevitable. Atlus' silence on the issue has been annoying. They need to say something about it, one way or the other.

[quote name='storino03']May or may not be GS exclusive. Sometimes it just takes the other online retailers to get with the program (for preorder details).[/QUOTE]

According to various web news sites, it's a Gamestop exclusive.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I kind of want that! I might have to stop by Gamestop before the end of the world or year. Even though I found Sacred Stones kind of difficult and drawn out/long.[/QUOTE]
As much as I want to buy this, I know I shouldn't. I never even got that far in the Wii version, plus I would rather not deal with GS. Sometimes those fucks take preorder bonuses for themselves.

So I have preorders in for Ni No Kuni, Etrian Odyssey IV and SMT: Soul Hackers. Next year is looking awesome for JRPG's.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I kind of want that! I might have to stop by Gamestop before the end of the world or year. Even though I found Sacred Stones kind of difficult and drawn out/long.[/QUOTE]
Sacred Stones was considered one of the easiest Fire Emblems, fyi :D

[quote name='ithebigc']Sacred Stones was considered one of the easiest Fire Emblems, fyi :D[/QUOTE]

Yup, I know. I also have Shadow Dragon already so I might reconsider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back