Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aaronrodgers']Can't wait for SMT x Persona. Wonder if there will be a special edition, it being Atlus and all.[/QUOTE]

Curious to see if that special edition will be available at amazon. They got stiffed on the artbook for fire emblem. Maybe Atlus USA can clear the bad blood between NoA and Amazon.

[quote name='nnthomas']Yes, and probably not. Try the Etrian Odyssey 4 demo coming in February.[/QUOTE]

i would say for a starter Unchain blades is a great game... download only for 30 bucks will turn many people off BUT its a 60+ hour game

[quote name='AugustAPC']You mean SMT x Fire Emblem?[/QUOTE]

Aw crap, I was hoping it would be a good long time until I had to have the debate with myself over whether to buy a Wii U or not. :roll:

Much as I'm happy to have anything SMT, I really wish Atlus would stop wasting their time on all of these remakes and spin-offs and just get Persona 5 done already...

[quote name='arcane93']Aw crap, I was hoping it would be a good long time until I had to have the debate with myself over whether to buy a Wii U or not. :roll:

Much as I'm happy to have anything SMT, I really wish Atlus would stop wasting their time on all of these remakes and spin-offs and just get Persona 5 done already...[/QUOTE]

Persona 5 has been in development since August 2011 and will be using a new engine and themes. When it will release, who knows, maybe 2014 or 2015. I just hope that they try to rescue the Persona 3 Protagonist.

[quote name='arcane93']
Much as I'm happy to have anything SMT, I really wish Atlus would stop wasting their time on all of these remakes and spin-offs and just get Persona 5 done already...[/QUOTE]

That's kind of funny. Being that the Persona series is a spin-off itself.

[quote name='Olengie']Persona 5 has been in development since August 2011 and will be using a new engine and themes. When it will release, who knows, maybe 2014 or 2015. I just hope that they try to rescue the Persona 3 Protagonist.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know that they're working on it. Just seems to be taking forever. At this rate, they're going to completely miss the current generation of consoles.

[quote name='kermit036']That's kind of funny. Being that the Persona series is a spin-off itself.[/QUOTE]

Haha, true... :lol: Though by "spin-off" I really meant things more along the lines of Persona 4 Arena and this SMT x Fire Emblem business. I know that a lot of the effort on those is coming from other studios, but still, the story/characters/artwork/etc. are likely taking up a fair amount of Atlus time and resources.

I am happy to see SMT IV coming. Though I wish it were a console game rather than another 3DS title...

SMT x Fire Emblem, though, just confuses me... I wouldn't think any SMT series characters (other than maybe the Persona 3/4 characters to some extent) would be recognizable enough to the mainstream audience for Nintendo to bother with them. The average Wii U buyer is going to have no idea who you're talking about if you mention Raidou Kuzunoha, for example. I would guess that some of the demons/personas (i.e. Jack Frost) would be more recognizable, but even then... It'll be interesting to see where they go with it, I guess...

[quote name='arcane93']Yeah, I know that they're working on it. Just seems to be taking forever. At this rate, they're going to completely miss the current generation of consoles.

Haha, true... :lol: Though by "spin-off" I really meant things more along the lines of Persona 4 Arena and this SMT x Fire Emblem business. I know that a lot of the effort on those is coming from other studios, but still, the story/characters/artwork/etc. are likely taking up a fair amount of Atlus time and resources.

I am happy to see SMT IV coming. Though I wish it were a console game rather than another 3DS title...

SMT x Fire Emblem, though, just confuses me... I wouldn't think any SMT series characters (other than maybe the Persona 3/4 characters to some extent) would be recognizable enough to the mainstream audience for Nintendo to bother with them. The average Wii U buyer is going to have no idea who you're talking about if you mention Raidou Kuzunoha, for example. I would guess that some of the demons/personas (i.e. Jack Frost) would be more recognizable, but even then... It'll be interesting to see where they go with it, I guess...[/QUOTE]

P4A did expand on the story for a little bit and makes way for a possible sequel, which may even foreshadow P5. And added Labrys as a character. :lol: I agree with you; I prefer to have SMT x Fire Emblem on the Consoles for all the points you listed. And if its good, it gives me another reason to go ahead and buy a 3DS. Haha

P5 probably won't make it to current consoles, given that the new generation will released this year or the next. If not, P5 will be released at the very very end of the PS3 and 360s life cycle.

[quote name='Olengie']P4A did expand on the story for a little bit and makes way for a possible sequel, which may even foreshadow P5. And added Labrys as a character. :lol: I agree with you; I prefer to have SMT x Fire Emblem on the Consoles for all the points you listed. And if its good, it gives me another reason to go ahead and buy a 3DS. Haha

P5 probably won't make it to current consoles, given that the new generation will released this year or the next. If not, P5 will be released at the very very end of the PS3 and 360s life cycle.[/QUOTE]

Persona 4 was released 2 years after the release of PS3.

[quote name='62t']Persona 4 was released 2 years after the release of PS3.[/QUOTE]

PS3 had BC and PS4 might not. I'm not saying it won't be a PS3 game but it isn't the same situation.

[quote name='62t']Persona 4 was released 2 years after the release of PS3.[/QUOTE]

True, but Sony removed the BC of all PS3s afterwards. Hopefully, the PS4 does have BC of PS3 games

[quote name='Olengie']P4A did expand on the story for a little bit and makes way for a possible sequel, which may even foreshadow P5. And added Labrys as a character. :lol: I agree with you; I prefer to have SMT x Fire Emblem on the Consoles for all the points you listed. And if its good, it gives me another reason to go ahead and buy a 3DS. Haha
[/QUOTE]

Well, it's SMT IV that will be a 3DS game. SMT x Fire Emblem will be a Wii U game. Which begs the question of why Atlus has to sprinkle these a few to each system, so that to keep up we have to buy every damn console. :bomb: I miss the PS2 days, when pretty much every SMT release was a PS2 game.

Yeah, but the original Playstation got Revelations: Persona and the two Persona 2 games. PS2 got Persona 3 and Persona 4. At this rate, the PS3 will only get Persona 5 at best (I'm still holding out hope for P5 to be a PS3 game, perhaps foolishly since Atlus seems to have gone mostly over to handhelds for other SMT development), maybe none at all.

[quote name='Olengie']True, but Sony removed the BC of all PS3s afterwards. Hopefully, the PS4 does have BC of PS3 games[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on it, since Sony is likely abandoning the cell processor architecture. They would either have to include all of the PS3 hardware in the console (probably not cost effective), or the PS4 would have to be very powerful in order to emulate it. Unlikely.

Since the install base is the largest at the end of a consoles life cycle I'm thinking they will want to get P5 released on PS3/360. You have the best potential of sales on this gen the going next gen. My guess the PS3/360 still has 2-3 years of support from publisher until the install base of next gen consoles gets high enough that it no longer is necessary for a current gen port.

[quote name='arcane93']I wouldn't count on it, since Sony is likely abandoning the cell processor architecture. They would either have to include all of the PS3 hardware in the console (probably not cost effective), or the PS4 would have to be very powerful in order to emulate it. Unlikely.[/QUOTE]

Remember that Sony bought out Gaikai (Online Game Streaming Service). They will try their hand at streaming PS3 games to the PS4, It might take a while for things to get worked out but I believe it's the future of BC.

[quote name='lurkingsalt']Since the install base is the largest at the end of a consoles life cycle I'm thinking they will want to get P5 released on PS3/360. You have the best potential of sales on this gen the going next gen. My guess the PS3/360 still has 2-3 years of support from publisher until the install base of next gen consoles gets high enough that it no longer is necessary for a current gen port.

Remember that Sony bought out Gaikai (Online Game Streaming Service). They will try their hand at streaming PS3 games to the PS4, It might take a while for things to get worked out but I believe it's the future of BC.[/QUOTE]

That will be awesome. It can be just like re-buying all my PSP games--the ones that are even on the store, at least--at stupidly high prices to play them on Vita. The disc really needs to work when I put it in the box. lol

Very cool. I've heard a lot about this game and was hoping it would come over since I never played it before.

I'm guess there aren't any announcements on the bonus yet? I figure it'll probably be the usual soundtrack/mini artbook like Code of Princess.

buWgUQz.png

[quote name='wasurenai']Oh Aksys, you sweet loveable guys.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it - how did you jump in the original version? Don't say Wii waggle. That ruined Donkey Kong for me.

[quote name='whitereflection']I haven't played it - how did you jump in the original version? Don't say Wii waggle. That ruined Donkey Kong for me.[/QUOTE]Up on the Nunchuk. As in the direction.

[quote name='kitsunisan']I don't see any bonuses, just the standard pre-order price guarantee.[/QUOTE]
Lol the title of the Amazon page is "Muramasa Rebirth with Preorder Bonus" How could you miss that. They obviously haven't figured out what it will be yet.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']No collector's edition?[/QUOTE]

Don't believe so since NISA isn't publishing it...makes me a sad panda....I love my collector's editions.

Sadly Koei did not pay attention to NIS's treatment of the series this generation with their LE's. With the warehouse full of Ninja Gaiden 3 CE's they have I guess they didn't want to risk it on their first Atelier release in the US.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Lol the title of the Amazon page is "Muramasa Rebirth with Preorder Bonus" How could you miss that. They obviously haven't figured out what it will be yet.[/QUOTE]

Lol, yeah, completely missed that, I scrolled down to where the bonuses are usually listed and didn't see anything there. Can't wait to see what they throw in.

I hope this Aletier game is better than the previous ones. I heard that there are no more time limits. I know a few people who would be thrilled if that's the case.

[quote name='Krystal109']Koei is dumb. The market for LE for games like Ayesha is way better than ones for like Splinter Cell.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they sell out of the Splinter Cell CE?

If there's no CE or pre-order bonuses, I'll just wait for a price drop or a better price. My other 3 Atelier games would feel sad not being next to another CE in Ayesha.

[quote name='integralsmatic']Didn't they sell out of the Splinter Cell CE?[/QUOTE]

They must've since I cant find any record of Tecmo releasing a splinter cell game.

XSeed posted their planned release schedule for 2013, which includes the already-announced Killer Is Dead (Summer) and Pandora's Tower (March 26), but there are a few surprises:

-Rune Factory 4 :)3ds:) - Summer
-Valhalla Knights 3 (Vita) - Fall
-Ys: Memories of Celceta (Vita) - Fall
-Ys I & II Chronicles+ (Steam) - February

Source: http://www.newgamernation.com/xseed...lineup-which-includes-suda51s-killer-is-dead/

EDIT: Better source with descriptions for each game (except Pandora's Tower): http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...ng-killer-is-dead-rune-factory-4-to-n-america

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh damn does this make my day! Extremely happy that they are bringing over Rune Factory 4 and Y:s Memories of Celceta.

Now all I can hope for is SE to brink over Bravely Default, and by some miracle Namco to bring over the two Vita Tales games.............A guy can wish as least......

Thanks for the XSeed link. I definitely want to check out Killer is Dead, and Ys for Vita. Possibly Valhalla Knights, although I've heard mostly mixed things about 1 & 2.

[quote name='3GSid']Oh damn does this make my day! Extremely happy that they are bringing over Rune Factory 4 and Y:s Memories of Celceta.

Now all I can hope for is SE to brink over Bravely Default, and by some miracle Namco to bring over the two Vita Tales games.............A guy can wish as least......[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. Xseed is the only publisher I can think of without its head up its ass.

The PSP continues to live. Class of Heroes 2 may still get a physical release. Even though the kickstarter was unsuccessful it looks like they still may do a preorder only physical release of the game if enough people commit (with an alternate version exclusive to people who backed the Kickstarter).

Kickstarter link for better details:
LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back