Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='scott_matthews']Glad to see that the threshold for making the physical version a reality is 2500 copies and not 2500 orders. In for 5 to try and help make this thing a reality.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that kind of going to screw them over? I am sure that they determined a break even point near 2500. If this reaches 2500 and only 750 are sold, that could hurt them.

[quote name='shivan128']I did not get any text update from Gamestop like I normally do for my pre-orders. There's a discussion going on in the fire emblem LE console thread as well.[/QUOTE]

I went in to Gamestop today looking for other stuff and the guy at my Gamestop told me they don't have any idea when it was coming and his best guess was Friday.

Amazon says the estimated delivery date is now Feb. 6th due to manufacturing delays.

I just ordered a 3DS for fire emblem at the end of last week from cowboom (who in my minimal experience ship via slow boat), so hopefully they get here about the same time.

[quote name='Substandard']I went in to Gamestop today looking for other stuff and the guy at my Gamestop told me they don't have any idea when it was coming and his best guess was Friday.

Amazon says the estimated delivery date is now Feb. 6th due to manufacturing delays.

I just ordered a 3DS for fire emblem at the end of last week from cowboom (who in my minimal experience ship via slow boat), so hopefully they get here about the same time.[/QUOTE]
I went in today to pick up my artbook for fire emblem... it's similar to the xenoblade artbook where it is textured and printed on high quality cardstock. It is very short (approximately 12 pages)... hardly a book if you ask me, but better than nothing I guess. GameStop guys have no idea about the arrival time of the game. They also said to check back on Friday.

[quote name='Bamjoe']Isn't that kind of going to screw them over? I am sure that they determined a break even point near 2500. If this reaches 2500 and only 750 are sold, that could hurt them.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm actually in for 5. I'm not just telling them an inflated number just to bump it up. I want one copy of the normal and one copy of the Kickstarter disk art, one copy to play, and two copies for friends who want the Kickstarter version but didn't do the Kickstarter.

I didn't do the CoH Kickstarter because I felt like their goals were unrealistic, but I'm regretting that now that they have the exclusive art :( I'll be in for a couple of regular art ones, but if anyone who did the KS is willing to hook me up with the KS art one too, let me know!

[quote name='chibilaharl']Hey, I found YS: MOC up for preorder on Amazon. I couldn't find it searching for YS, but found it typing the full title. September release[/QUOTE]
Sweet. But those screenshots look kinda rough!

[quote name='Midori Monkey']Awesome, signed up for one. Thanks :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Very cool! In for one, and really hope they reach the goal.:applause:

[quote name='Ionotropic']Sweet. But those screenshots look kinda rough![/QUOTE]

I am not 100% sure I am going to get this one either, because the last psp one wasnt nearly as fun as i remember the bumper cars being.

[quote name='chibilaharl']Hey, I found YS: Memories of Celceta up for preorder on Amazon. I couldn't find it searching for YS, but found it typing the full title. Late September release.[/QUOTE]

I'd usually preorder ASAP, but I want to see if Xseed is doing an LE for this one ad they did with their psp Ys releases.

[quote name='punkmaggit']I'd usually preorder ASAP, but I want to see if Xseed is doing an LE for this one ad they did with their psp Ys releases.[/QUOTE]

I thought all launch copies of those PSP Ys games were LEs with stand alone game-only copies not coming until subsequent production runs (if at all). If that remains the case, a pre-order now would essentially be a pre-order of the LE.

[quote name='scott_matthews']I thought all launch copies of those PSP Ys games were LEs with stand alone game-only copies not coming until subsequent production runs (if at all). If that remains the case, a pre-order now would essentially be a pre-order of the LE.[/QUOTE]

Only Ys I and II PSP had first print thats LE. For the other games they got two different SKU

Currently, Class of Heroes II sign-up is now at 1,000. Almost half way to go, people.

Plus, barring Sony's interference, if this sign-up is successful, it could open up for Gaijinworks to localize the rest of the Class of Heroes series.

I know this kind of random but has anyone heard if dj max technika tune was ever sold through amazon? I remember hearing somewhere that it would eventually be sold on amazon. Not sure what happened.

[quote name='FlamingXDragon']I know this kind of random but has anyone heard if dj max technika tune was ever sold through amazon? I remember hearing somewhere that it would eventually be sold on amazon. Not sure what happened.[/QUOTE]

It's sold by Pentavision through Amazon third party. It's cheaper from Pentavisions site cause you'll save shipping.

[quote name='Bumslie']It's sold by Pentavision through Amazon third party. It's cheaper from Pentavisions site cause you'll save shipping.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok . I couldn't find it there. But if it is cheaper at their website might as well get it from there. Thanks!

Xseed sent out an email today. In addition to Ys: Memories of Celceta available for preorder, so is Killer is Dead (360/PS3), and Valhalla Knights 3 (Vita).

It also mentions Pandora's Tower (Wii), Rune Factory 4 (3DS), and Y's I&II Chronicles (Steam), but I think those have been up for preorder for a while.

[quote name='worrybomb']Currently, Class of Heroes II sign-up is now at 1,000. Almost half way to go, people.

Plus, barring Sony's interference, if this sign-up is successful, it could open up for Gaijinworks to localize the rest of the Class of Heroes series.[/QUOTE]Nice! That is really great and I hope they will be able to release the others physically too. Isn't there a Vita Class of Heroes game coming out in japan or is already out? That would be nice to have yet another vita game to look forward too also.

Killer is Dead looks so awesome. The gameplay will hopefully be as cool as the rest of it looks. I actually really, really want to play it!

[quote name='worrybomb']Currently, Class of Heroes II sign-up is now at 1,000. Almost half way to go, people.

Plus, barring Sony's interference, if this sign-up is successful, it could open up for Gaijinworks to localize the rest of the Class of Heroes series.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I hope it makes it. I'm willing to throw $40 Vic's way if it helps localize more games like that. Makes me wonder if some of the WD voice actors will be used in many of their localizations.

[quote name='outerfox']Nice. I hope it makes it. I'm willing to throw $40 Vic's way if it helps localize more games like that. Makes me wonder if some of the WD voice actors will be used in many of their localizations.[/QUOTE]

Well according to his response in this NeoGAF thread, Kathy Emma (who had a speaking role in Lunar 2 and sang the opening theme in Growlanser III) sings a song in CoH 2.

If the CoH Kickstarter was successful and then some, John Truitt was supposed to lend his voice talents to the game but sadly that never happened. However, if CoH 2 happens to be successful whether due to physical sign-up, digital sales, or a combination of both, he did say he'll bring back more WD voice talent in his future games.

Current status update for CoH 2:

PhysicalDriveMeter_sml1300.png

Gaijinworks latest Twitter post states the sign-up has surpassed the halfway mark at around 1,300 units. Let's keep it up!

Joystiq and RPGamer have posted articles about the game today.

I signed up for two copies, but since I was in the KS I may raise it to 3. That way I can have a KS one to play, and a regular and KS one to look at and go "OOOOOOoooooo"

[quote name='worrybomb']Well according to his response in this NeoGAF thread, Kathy Emma (who had a speaking role in Lunar 2 and sang the opening theme in Growlanser III) sings a song in CoH 2.

If the CoH Kickstarter was successful and then some, John Truitt was supposed to lend his voice talents to the game but sadly that never happened. However, if CoH 2 happens to be successful whether due to physical sign-up, digital sales, or a combination of both, he did say he'll bring back more WD voice talent in his future games.[/QUOTE]

Ahh Lemina's voice actress. If I recall right, her and Jenny Stigile were seriously smokin'. I was hoping Xseed would have reached out to the original Lunar cast for Harmony of the Silver Star, but I think all of them but Stigile declined.

That would be cool if he can manage that. I'm sure everyone will have a blast working together again. In for more outtakes. "I AM ZOPHAR, MASTER OF... shit!!"

[quote name='outerfox']Ahh Lemina's voice actress. If I recall right, her and Jenny Stigile were seriously smokin'. I was hoping Xseed would have reached out to the original Lunar cast for Harmony of the Silver Star, but I think all of them but Stigile declined.

That would be cool if he can manage that. I'm sure everyone will have a blast working together again. In for more outtakes. "I AM ZOPHAR, MASTER OF... shit!!"[/QUOTE]

"Then we can get a fantastically huge dragon diamond worth $1,000's and $1,000's of shit!!!!" XD

I think that's about right for the Ramus outake. Plus there's a very special hidden Zophar voice recording in Lunar 2 ps1 that REALLY is aimed to mess with you and funny as hell. Seeing if anyone remembers it.

I think CoH 2 will reach the 2500 mark, but Siliconera is doing it little favors with the title of the CoH 2 article that they did..."Would you buy a boxed copy of Class of Heroes 2 for $35?" (even though it says you get a digital copy with it I'm sure there are many people who will take it as insulting).

EDIT - I didn't read the rest of the text below the title ROTFL - ass - u - me right?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mxpowar']I don't understand why they make sequels to games like Valhalla Knights while series like /Suikoden, Shining Force, Arc the Lad, even Wild Arms are forgotten about... /end rant/[/QUOTE]
Different Developers. Different motivations I guess.:cry:

[quote name='mxpowar']I don't understand why they make sequels to games like Valhalla Knights while series like /Suikoden, Shining Force, Arc the Lad, even Wild Arms are forgotten about... /end rant/[/QUOTE]

There are still tons of Shining games. Feather, Cross, Hearts, Blades, Ark...

[quote name='elessar123']There are still tons of Shining games. Feather, Cross, Hearts, Blades, Ark...[/QUOTE]
Yeah honestly i'd much rather see Shining , Wild Arms and Suikoden then that but i'm still happy they are bringing over Ys IV although that was already a given.

[quote name='elessar123']There are still tons of Shining games. Feather, Cross, Hearts, Blades, Ark...[/QUOTE]
I meant, forgotten about in the U.S...

Class of Heroes 2 update:

The sign-up is currently at 1,800. However, Vic of Gaijinworks said the sign-up is starting to slow down. So don't hesistate!

Also he made up a reddit thread in case any of you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back