Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to GS today. To my surprise they had a LE with the soundtrack of Persona 2 for PSP. So I go to buy that and it wasn't the last copy because she took it right from the drawer. As I look at the game in the car, there was 80 stickers on it, and the fucker had been opened and she put a sticker on the game case. They opened a cardboard box and put a sticker on the game case. Seriously? I mean still glad I got it but what is the point of the 80 stickers on a new fresh copy.

So I am about to spend $70 on a new copy of Zero: Gesshoku No Kamen (Fatal Frame IV). Is this the best price I can get it for?
It's the cheapest I've seen it, but that may be because I don't know very many import sites.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yeah same, only one I missed so far was the MK2 which I regret deeply (And will buy one day soon). Would have brought one for this in a heartbeat, especially since I ordered Victory's LE too.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to buy MK2 too, I'm aiming for gamestop because it's $30. But the two stores near me have the last display cover which bums me out because I'd like to buy it new (aka sealed).

[quote name='SinnerChrno']Arghh! Yeah, we do. :p

It helps my wallet though, so the minor delay isn't too bad. :D[/QUOTE]

Doesn't help me at all, I paid with Paypal and my money is all gone three months ago

[quote name='itzknickknac']I'm trying to buy MK2 too, I'm aiming for gamestop because it's $30. But the two stores near me have the last display cover which bums me out because I'd like to buy it new (aka sealed).[/QUOTE]

It might go on sale on the NISA store around the release of HDN V, currently it is $39.99.

I hope there's a special edition of Namco x Capcom, I mean Project X Zone. No word yet other than a May release. I'd be fine with just bonus CD and artbook though.

[quote name='itzknickknac']I'm trying to buy MK2 too, I'm aiming for gamestop because it's $30. But the two stores near me have the last display cover which bums me out because I'd like to buy it new (aka sealed).[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he meant the NISA exclusive with playing cards, which Gamestop never got.

While it's not a deal, hints of a localized FF: Bravely Default are being teased.

I really do hope it happens because the 3DS this year is on a roll with Fire Emblem: Awakening and I'm sure Etrian Odyssey IV will be the best-seller in its own series.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']I hope there's a special edition of Namco x Capcom, I mean Project X Zone. No word yet other than a May release. I'd be fine with just bonus CD and artbook though.[/QUOTE]
Wait a May release? Nice didn't even know we got that info. Just loving my 3DS right now Soul Hackers , Mario & Luigi: Dream Team , Shin Megami Tensei IV , Devil Survivor 2 Break Code , Dragon Quest VII , Pokemon X&Y , Project X Zone.

[quote name='worrybomb']While it's not a deal, hints of a localized FF: Bravely Default are being teased.

I really do hope it happens because the 3DS XL this year is on a roll with Fire Emblem: Awakening and I'm sure Etrian Odyssey IV will be the best-seller in its own series.[/QUOTE]
Getting these three games in Region 1 would push me over the edge to buy a 3DS XL this year. Thanks for info.

Also, would it be worth it to start a news only version of this thread in Gaming News? I was going to post about the new God Dimension Idol Neptune PP game, but didn't think it really fit here. Or is it ok to post some news into the deals thread?

[quote name='midlifecrisisMkII']Getting these three games in Region 1 would push me over the edge to buy a 3DS XL this year. Thanks for info.

Also, would it be worth it to start a news only version of this thread in Gaming News? I was going to post about the new God Dimension Idol Neptune PP game, but didn't think it really fit here. Or is it ok to post some news into the deals thread?[/QUOTE]

The only section of this forum that people actually bother to visit is this one.

Just disguise it with "Oh wow I can't wait to preorder XXXX because XXXX, boy I hope there will be preorder bonuses" and you'll be fine.

Is the new Etrian Odyssey worth picking up now? Sometimes those sets get rare after a while, like the Radiant Historia. Problem is, I see a ton of these everywhere. Wondering if it's better to snag one now, or just wait for a price drop.

I was also looking to buy EO4, but the only place selling it is gamestop. Will best buy or target stores get it?
Why is the game under review on amazon?

[quote name='Bioterror']I was also looking to buy EO4, but the only place selling it is gamestop. Will best buy or target stores get it?
Why is the game under review on amazon?[/QUOTE]

Maybe the box getting damaged or the soundtrack disc breaking or something? I doubt it could have something to do with people just not liking it

It happens all the time with new releases on Amazon, and how the packaging is handled. Mine was crushed due to using a bubble mailer, and why I complained. I'm sure there were others. Takes a few days to a week to sort it all out and then it will be available on Amazon again.

Mine was a bubble mailer, same day delivery (with FSSS). Came slighly dented. Got a perfect one from Gamestop as well, so I opened the Amazon copy.

I really want the friggin' archanist. It's so overpowered. Not "EO2 hex" overpowered, but "way too good to not have one" overpowered.

[quote name='storino03']It happens all the time with new releases on Amazon, and how the packaging is handled. Mine was crushed due to using a bubble mailer, and why I complained. I'm sure there were others. Takes a few days to a week to sort it all out and then it will be available on Amazon again.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that sucks. Fortunately for me, I happened to order some other items from Amazon around the same time that my preorder shipped, so they shipped them all in the same box.

I'm on my phone or I would, but is someone willing to start an EO4 thread so we can post our guild barcodes? I can when I get home. I know ow we can pull the code images off of the sd card and it's encouraged.

Also, I got my copy from Amazon and it wasn't damaged but we have a warehouse in Phoenix so it was in transit for maybe 6 hours.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Is the new Etrian Odyssey worth picking up now? Sometimes those sets get rare after a while, like the Radiant Historia. Problem is, I see a ton of these everywhere. Wondering if it's better to snag one now, or just wait for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

I waited on Radiant Historia, and eventually got a decent price on the original release through Amazon. With the titles I see everywhere, I hold off buying until the availability becomes more limited. Of course, I'm constantly checking all the retail stores and monitoring the online websites for the titles I'm interested in. If I'm not sure I may pull the trigger, but hopefully can buy it somewhere where I have a long return period. I'm waiting on EO4 as well since I like to collect, so hopefully I don't miss out.

[quote name='Bioterror']I was also looking to buy EO4, but the only place selling it is gamestop. Will best buy or target stores get it?
Why is the game under review on amazon?[/QUOTE]

I figure other stores will get it since I saw it at my local Frys. Game under review might mean a lot of people are getting damaged copies because Amazon is only shipping with bubble mailers lol

[quote name='bruceg']I waited on Radiant Historia, and eventually got a decent price on the original release through Amazon. With the titles I see everywhere, I hold off buying until the availability becomes more limited. Of course, I'm constantly checking all the retail stores and monitoring the online websites for the titles I'm interested in. If I'm not sure I may pull the trigger, but hopefully can buy it somewhere where I have a long return period. I'm waiting on EO4 as well since I like to collect, so hopefully I don't miss out.[/QUOTE]

You might miss out on the first print if you wait too long. You might be saving $5-10 or over paying $20-30.

[quote name='bruceg']I figure other stores will get it since I saw it at my local Frys. Game under review might mean a lot of people are getting damaged copies because Amazon is only shipping with bubble mailers lol[/QUOTE]

Frys is not a good indication since they carry niche games that Best Buy don't carry.

EO4 is available at a lot of online stores (including Target, Walmart, & Kmart -- sold out at bestbuy.com), so hopefully it will start filtering into the regular stores soon, as it was only released last week.

[quote name='bruceg']I figure other stores will get it since I saw it at my local Frys. Game under review might mean a lot of people are getting damaged copies because Amazon is only shipping with bubble mailers lol[/QUOTE]

It was shipped with bubble mailers? I think my copy came in a cardboard "box" that you have to pull the tab to open. Then again, it might have been because I ordered something else with it so that might be why.

[quote name='bruceg']EO4 is available at a lot of online stores (including Target, Walmart, & Kmart -- sold out at bestbuy.com), so hopefully it will start filtering into the regular stores soon, as it was only released last week.[/QUOTE]

Carrying online doesn't equal to carrying in B&M store. Those stores never carried the first 3 EO games. They either carry it on release or they dont carry it at all.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Is the new Etrian Odyssey worth picking up now? Sometimes those sets get rare after a while, like the Radiant Historia. Problem is, I see a ton of these everywhere. Wondering if it's better to snag one now, or just wait for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

If you really like dungeon crawling games as a whole (DQ / old FFs don't count), I would put it in the skip pile if you already have a backlog. The game is easier than its previous versions and the character choices are VERY dull. I think that Elminage Original and Class of Heroes 2 would provide a better experience.

Otherwise, go for it if you are interested in it because they did make a lot of improvements to the EO formula. Just know that instead of FM synth music it is mostly orchestrated instead. Just keep in mind that even games like Tales of the Abyss went to $30 new over time so if you can wait it will drop somewhere...or somehow. ;)

[quote name='Cybolt']It was shipped with bubble mailers? I think my copy came in a cardboard "box" that you have to pull the tab to open. Then again, it might have been because I ordered something else with it so that might be why.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a single game is shipped in a mailer and multiple games are shipped in that box.

[quote name='62t']Carrying online doesn't equal to carrying in B&M store. Those stores never carried the first 3 EO games. They either carry it on release or they dont carry it at all.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's too niche to carry in their b&m stores, so it's online only. But as long as copies are available at numerous online sites & Fry's, I'll hold out for a meaningful price drop and/or general videogame promotion.

I want the Yakuza HD collection and Yakuza 5 :(

SO BAD :( It's starting to make me think Yakuza Dead souls and Y4 didn't sell well or something :(

[quote name='MrBonk']I want the Yakuza HD collection and Yakuza 5 :(

SO BAD :( It's starting to make me think Yakuza Dead souls and Y4 didn't sell well or something :([/QUOTE]

Oh yes, would be great to have the whole series on PS3(well other than a handheld one or two in Japan I think). SEGA announced that they'll be doing last year, hopefully Yakuza series in the US isn't on the cutting board. (Not too worried about 5 yet since it's only been out 3 months but definitely looking like the HD collection might be a no go, I actually forgot about it)

[quote name='Zbornak']For those wondering about its status, Black Rock Shooter is still on its way to the PSP, and it will be out before E3.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't following all the legal crap and nearly forgot about it until recent browsing. After listening to the commentary, kinda disappointed if they don't at least do some physical release (like limited direct from their store or whatever) but will be happy to see the game finally, either way.

That's great news. Hope they still do the Collectors edition for it.

NISA is going to have a great year this year.

[quote name='Slermy']Excellent, I've been wanting to try this series out.[/QUOTE]

The import versions are playable as is, but would be nice to have them localized. Hatsune Miku is so popular in Japan, that it makes sense to test the other markets...

[quote name='Luxuria']Hatsune Miku Project Diva F might come to NA and EU.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/0...-might-be-coming-to-north-america-and-europe/[/QUOTE]

tumblr_inline_mgcds6qDa31rppkks.gif

The Project Diva games are what finally pushed me to start learning Japanese, I hate all of the great games we miss out on over here because of localization/perceived lack of market. EX Troopers, Tales of Vesperia(PS3) Persona 2 EP, can't wait to be able to play these games.

[quote name='MrBonk']I want the Yakuza HD collection and Yakuza 5 :(

SO BAD :( It's starting to make me think Yakuza Dead souls and Y4 didn't sell well or something :([/QUOTE]

Yakuza: Dead Souls sold 520,000 worldwide (physical), which is by far the worst of the series. 5 however has sold about the same amount in Japan alone, so it will definitely be getting a worldwide release.

Dead Souls actually was not very good so I'm not surprised. I love the Yakuza series and have gotten every game the day it's released, but I just couldn't get myself to like Dead Souls.

[quote name='kitsunisan']
tumblr_inline_mgcds6qDa31rppkks.gif

The Project Diva games are what finally pushed me to start learning Japanese, I hate all of the great games we miss out on over here because of localization/perceived lack of market. EX Troopers, Tales of Vesperia(PS3) Persona 2 EP, can't wait to be able to play these games.[/QUOTE]

They wouldn't post this unless they were somewhat serious, right?

Sincerely hope it makes its way over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back