Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I never understood Hatsune Miku... I guess I only learned of it like a few months ago... but still.

Happy for those who enjoy it, though. Hope to see more niche games come over.

[quote name='Lei']the sega facebook post about hatsune miku localization only mentioned the ps3...not vita[/QUOTE]

I would prefer the ps3 version anyways because of the additional content.

[quote name='Lei']the sega facebook post about hatsune miku localization only mentioned the ps3...not vita[/QUOTE]

That's fine , I own both a PS3 and a Vita.

The PS3 one has more songs and would have better graphics as well.

[quote name='ck76']They wouldn't post this unless they were somewhat serious, right?[/QUOTE]

They're checking to see if the interest is there, so yeah they're at least considering it. Here's hoping it gets a physical release. Then I can stop looking for a cheap Japanese copy.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I never understood Hatsune Miku... I guess I only learned of it like a few months ago... but still.[/QUOTE]

It's become a series culture, much like the Touhou fanbase, though I'd argue Vocaloid has a wider appeal.

If you don't like the music that comes from Vocaloid, you can always get behind the characters, or hell even the art.

Tell me this isn't cool:
tSqww9S.jpg

Hell, even if you don't think that's cool, as long as you enjoy an anime aesthetic, the fanbase has thousands of other stylized versions of the characters. One of the versions has even been turned into an anime, Black Rock Shooter. Just check all the crazy shit out here: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...urce=hp&biw=1920&bih=966&q=black+rock+shooter

Well I'm rambling, and I don't think I've made a point so lemme just make it here: Vocaloid is a series/concept that has a broad appeal for many reasons. Depending on what you're into, you may like it once you dive in past a first look. Or maybe not, which is fine too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zbornak']For those wondering about its status, Black Rock Shooter is still on its way to the PSP, and it will be out before E3.[/QUOTE]

If digital only, I won't be buying unless it's Vita-compatibile. I'd think it would be but that recent Hakuoki game isn't.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']It's become a series culture, much like the Touhou fanbase, though I'd argue Vocaloid has a wider appeal.

If you don't like the music that comes from Vocaloid, you can always get behind the characters, or hell even the art.

Tell me this isn't cool:

tSqww9S.jpg

Hell, even if you don't think that's cool, as long as you enjoy an anime aesthetic, the fanbase has thousands of other stylized versions of the characters. One of the versions has even been turned into an anime, Black Rock Shooter. Just check all the crazy shit out here: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...urce=hp&biw=1920&bih=966&q=black+rock+shooter

Well I'm rambling, and I don't think I've made a point so lemme just make it here: Vocaloid is a series/concept that has a broad appeal for many reasons. Depending on what you're into, you may like it once you dive in past a first look. Or maybe not, which is fine too.[/QUOTE]

I'm old school so when I think of Anime virtual singers I think of Eve Tokimatsuri and Sharon Apple. :p

I used to love Anime and the robot space operas of the 80s and early 90s. Once the whole moe thing took hold most Anime just really lost me.

But anyway, like others said if it makes people happy that's great. I know what it's like to have a sort of niche hobby and never see the stuff you want translated or released where you are.

In the olden days of western Anime fandom we didn't even have official releases of anything. You were lucky to get ahold of poor looking VHS that was an 8th generation copy from your friend's cousin's neighbor's aunt's mailman who knew someone in Japan.

I still remember sawing off the plastic parts on the slots so my Genesis could fit the Japanese Megadrive games. Oh the (not so) good old days.

Wow, Dominos must be very popular in Japan or not at all. Anyway, that was kind of funny watching the president of Dominos advertise something like that.

Hopefully, this gets released in Europe and North America.

[quote name='ck76']They wouldn't post this unless they were somewhat serious, right?

Sincerely hope it makes its way over.[/QUOTE]
I think Project Diva F is a done deal and this is just part of the marketing. With all the other Vocaloid products coming in 2013, it wouldn't be good idea to leave the games out of it. If we get any of the older games or new releases past PDF depends on the response (sales).

[quote name='midlifecrisisMkII']I think Project Diva F is a done deal and this is just part of the marketing. With all the other Vocaloid products coming in 2013, it wouldn't be good idea to leave the games out of it. If we get any of the older games or new releases past PDF depends on the response (sales).[/QUOTE]

The odds always seemed against it so do not want to get ahead of myself.

[quote name='chibilaharl']This KH1.5 poped up on my amazon reccomend list.[/QUOTE]

Anyone else planning on getting it? I am seriously tempted to get it just for the trophy support alone.

[quote name='chibilaharl']Anyone else planning on getting it? I am seriously tempted to get it just for the trophy support alone.[/QUOTE]
I'm buying it day one I love this series! :)

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']Speaking of Miku
[video][/QUOTE]

Well, if I wasn't into this before... I never will be now.

Why the fuck do they cut to shots of just his eyes when he's speaking? That shit's creepy as fuck.

"Once you're pizza's delivered, have some fun with Miku! *creepy smile*" God this guy creeps me the fuck out.

[quote name='chibilaharl']Anyone else planning on getting it? I am seriously tempted to get it just for the trophy support alone.[/QUOTE]

Gummy ships alone are worth it.

100% getting it day one :)

I am pretty much forced to buy Kingdom Hearts 1.5. Although not complaining, but I know my GF wants to play it :lol:.

More importantly, did anyone else receive an email that Pandora's Tower got delayed to April 18th?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I am pretty much forced to buy Kingdom Hearts 1.5. Although not complaining, but I know my GF wants to play it :lol:.

More importantly, did anyone else receive an email that Pandora's Tower got delayed to April 18th?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got one too, kinds sucks :/

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I am pretty much forced to buy Kingdom Hearts 1.5. Although not complaining, but I know my GF wants to play it :/QUOTE]

Lol me too, but replace GF with wife and daughter. Actually, they just want to watch ME play it. :)

Most people say Graces. Xillia is apparently really linear compared to most Tales games. It doesn't have many sidequests and kind of holds your hand apparently.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Most people say Graces. Xillia is apparently really linear compared to most Tales games. It doesn't have many sidequests and kind of holds your hand apparently.[/QUOTE]

So Xillia is the Final Fantasy XIII of the Tales series?

[quote name='thelonepig']So Xillia is the Final Fantasy XIII of the Tales series?[/QUOTE]

XIII was full of sidequests.

Hell, I spent more game on the sidequests than the actually game.

You Kray.

[quote name='Indignate']XIII was full of sidequests.

Hell, I spent more game on the sidequests than the actually game.

You Kray.[/QUOTE]

this once you get to what chapter 10 or something there are tons of sidequests and leveling up takes a while too. not that i did any of this cause i am a lazy bastard but they are there. i dont know where this unfounded claim comes from.

[quote name='midlifecrisisMkII']Tales of Xillia English gameplay.

via Gematsu[/QUOTE]

I thought I might take a break from Tales but this looks pretty damn good. I might buy this day one.

[quote name='Vinny']I thought I might take a break from Tales but this looks pretty damn good. I might buy this day one.[/QUOTE]

adding another RPG to the backlog i see lol

[quote name='kayne2000']adding another RPG to the backlog i see lol[/QUOTE]

You mean collection. You have to get to backlog for it to be called backlogged.

[quote name='storino03']There's not much "English" about it, since it was in English in PAL regions since last year lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, finding it odd that its taking this long to localize it, not that hard to change it from PAL to NTSC, and XSEED states they do not censor for lower ESRB.

[quote name='storino03']It's weird how game developers shift a series to a portable platform. Usually it's not the other way around. Kind of dumb that way.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if it will be different from the other games in the series, since it has "Idol" in the title. Maybe it will sorta be like Idolmaster or something that would make use of the touchscreen? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back