Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='storino03']It's weird how game developers shift a series to a portable platform. Usually it's not the other way around. Kind of dumb that way.[/QUOTE]

That was basically the norm last gen. Many Japanese developer were not ready to move to next gen, and stay with PSP so they can keep developing PS2 games. You are going to see many Japanese developer move to Vita when they are not ready for PS4

Oh man classic thread. Some of my first posts on page 2.
And Fire Thief page 5 :lol:

But whats up with the OP?? I understand it got a bit cluttered but why not wiki it or just keep a few recent deals up??

Anyways some good deals on Japanese Niche Games

Amazon Deals (alot of these only got a couple left):

:psp:Lunar Silver Star Harmony $16
:psp:Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Skies $17
:psp:Y's 7 $18.20
:psp:Persona 2: Innocent Sin $18.34
:psp:Persona 3: Portable $18.86
:ps2:Persona 3: FES $18.87
:ps2:Persona 4 $18.74
:ps2:SMT Digital Devil Saga $19.48
:ps2:SMT Digital Devil Saga 2 $18.57
:ps2:SMT Nocturne $18.20
:ps3:Disgaea 4 $20 (Premium Edition $42)
:ps3::360:Catherine $17.64
:wii:Trauma Team $12
:wii:Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon $20
:wii:The Last Story $30
:wii:Pandora's Tower - Available for pre-order

Newegg Deals:

:360:Deathsmiles $10
:360:Record of Agarest War Zero $13 (Limited Editon $19)
:ps3:Record of Agarest War Zero $16
:ps3:Disgaea 3 $17

Gamestop used (so obviously condition greatly effects the value of these deals)
Some available on gamestop.com but ^^^^^^^ you could use CAG16 for an additional 16% off (+10% w/ PUR)
Tons of great DS and GBA games but they are hard to find complete

:wii:Octomania $2
:wii:Obscure the Aftermath $5
:wii:Guilty Gear XX Accent Core $5
:wii:Minicopter: Adventure Flight $5
:wii:Trauma Center: Second Opinion $5
:wii:Victorious Boxers Revolution $5
:wii:Baroque $5
:wii:Castle of Shikigami 3 $5
:wii:Phantom Brave $10
:wii:Trauma Center: New Blood $10
:wii:The Little King's Story $15
:wii:Arc Rise Fantasia $15
:wii:Ju-On: The Grudge Haunted House Simulator $20
:wii:The Last Story $28 ($30 New)
:ps2:Dokapon Kingdom $6
:ps2:Wild Arms 4 $10
:ps2:Magna Carta $13
:ps3:Afrika $10
:ps3:The Testament of Sherlock Holmes $18 ($20 new)
:ps3:Cross Edge $20
:psp:Generation of Chaos $4
:psp:Spectral Souls $4
:psp:Blade Dancer $4
:psp:Riviera: The Promised Land $5
:psp:Yggdra Union $5
:psp:Half Minute Hero $5
:psp:Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus $5
:psp:Generation of Chaos: Aedis Eclipse $5
:psp:Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner $6
:psp:Phantom Brave: Heroes of Hermuda Triangle $8
:psp:Wild Arms XF $8
:psp:What Did I do to Deserve This, My Lord? 2 $9
:psp:Mimana: Iyar Chronicle $10
:psp:Knights in the Nightmare $10
:psp:Prinny: Can I really be the Hero? $10
:psp:Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! $13
:psp:Gungir $13
:psp:Fate Extra $13
:psp:Metal Slug XX $13
:psp:Y's 7 $13
:psp:Y's Oath of Felghana $13
:psp:Lunar Silver Star Harmony $13
:psp:Hexyz Force $18
:360:Battle Fantasia $5
:360:Guilty Gear 2: Overture $5
:360:Spectral Force 3 $7
:360:The Testament of Sherlock Holmes $18 ($20 new)

[quote name='62t']That was basically the norm last gen. Many Japanese developer were not ready to move to next gen, and stay with PSP so they can keep developing PS2 games. You are going to see many Japanese developer move to Vita when they are not ready for PS4[/QUOTE]

Really hope so, and I hope we see some of the spoils too. I love my Vita, but as of lately I just havent had much of a reason to play it outside of PS+ sales. All these 3DS releases have been stealing my attention

I'm glad the next Neptunia game is going to be for the Vita. I was getting tired of buying each of the collector's editions of the PS3 games and never opening any of them. Now I don't have to worry about that anymore ;)

[quote name='kitsunisan']I've always wondered, is Phantom Brave the same game on the psp and wii or is one of them a sequel?[/QUOTE]

The PSP and Wii games were remakes / revamps from the PS2 game.

[quote name='kitsunisan']I've always wondered, is Phantom Brave the same game on the psp and wii or is one of them a sequel?[/QUOTE]

PSP & Wii versions are ports but the PSP version has some new characters to unlock.

Starting to learn some kanji, while I'm just a newbie. I kind of am falling in love with this language, I know russian and english already and have never felt this way about learning a language. I'm sure some of you have been in my shoes before, I was curious what games would be good to play in Japanese for a very low level learner. Any designed/translated especially for this purpose?

[quote name='huldrelok']Starting to learn some kanji, while I'm just a newbie. I kind of am falling in love with this language, I know russian and english already and have never felt this way about learning a language. I'm sure some of you have been in my shoes before, I was curious what games would be good to play in Japanese for a very low level learner. Any designed/translated especially for this purpose?[/QUOTE]

You might do well to try some of the Japanese Animal Crossing games. They have furigana, which if you don't know are the little hiragana that appear above kanji to tell you the proper reading.

Compile Heart used the PlayStation Vita’s touch screen… to let players touch the CPUs. The CPUs have different actions and voiced lines depending on where you tap them.
That is going to sell so many copies in Japan.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']But 0 in the US because it won't be localized.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you're wrong about that. The Neptunia games sell very well in the US, so I have to lean more towards the 'it will be localized' side.

[quote name='barrit']I'm wondering if it will be different from the other games in the series, since it has "Idol" in the title. Maybe it will sorta be like Idolmaster or something that would make use of the touchscreen? I guess we'll find out soon enough.[/QUOTE]

The next Hyperdimension Neptunia game isn't an RPG. It's an Idolmaster type game with the CPUs as characters. http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/1...ptunia-pp-is-an-idol-game-set-in-gamindustri/

I kind of doubt it will come over, but if it does I'll get it to see what it's like. It's a shame that it's for the Vita since I don't have one yet.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']I just bought the first Neptunia game, Atelier Meruru and Ar Tonelico Qoga(ps3)

ONE OF THEM HAS TO BE GOOD[/QUOTE]

I didn't touch Neptunia, but disliked Ar Tonelico 3 and enjoyed Meruru.

IMHO AT1 >> AT2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AT3

[quote name='huldrelok']Starting to learn some kanji, while I'm just a newbie. I kind of am falling in love with this language, I know russian and english already and have never felt this way about learning a language. I'm sure some of you have been in my shoes before, I was curious what games would be good to play in Japanese for a very low level learner. Any designed/translated especially for this purpose?[/QUOTE]

Dragon Quest. The localized games are hard to understand sometimes because they use British English, but the Japanese versions are written simple enough for a kid to understand them. That's part of the reason why the series is so phenomenally popular in Japan - anyone can play it. As one of the first JRPGs - if not the first - the game play is easy to pick up and play too.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']I didn't touch Neptunia, but disliked Ar Tonelico 3 and enjoyed Meruru.

IMHO AT1 >> AT2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AT3[/QUOTE]

It's AT2>AT3>AT1 for me

The first game was far too strict with its time deadlines. I felt the sequels had better time management and balanced gathering/synthesis day requirements.

[quote name='HakaHina']It's AT2>AT3>AT1 for me

The first game was far too strict with its time deadlines. I felt the sequels had better time management and balanced gathering/synthesis day requirements.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember Ar Tonelico 1 & 2 having any time deadlines at all...

[quote name='Tigershard']I don't remember Ar Tonelico 1 & 2 having any time deadlines at all...[/QUOTE]

He must have meant the Atelier Arland trilogy. :eek:

[quote name='DarkSageRK']They're about dancing anime girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Bg5Fx40dM

I think there's some gameplay there too, but it's all about dem kawaii nee-sans.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Unfortunately this stuff is becoming pretty par for the course in JRPGs. I hate it, tbh. I fucking hate it.

Why can't we have games like FF6 and 9 anymore?

[quote name='AugustAPC']Ugh. Unfortunately this stuff is becoming pretty par for the course in JRPGs. I hate it, tbh. I fucking hate it.

Why can't we have games like FF6 and 9 anymore?[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not actually a J-RPG -- it's more of a music sim game, I believe (you know, like playing through a girl's career as an idol, and training her vocals/messing with her wardrobe, etc.).

But yes, the J-RPG scene is much worse than the two previous gens.

Well my point is I would never play a game like that, as I have no interest in it. Yet, that type of thing isn't unknown to me because it's being injected into a genre that I do enjoy.

Couldn't imagine playing an entire game based around it. I aggravates me to no end when it just pops up in my JRPGs. I loved Agarest War 1, enjoyed Zero, but my god, 2 was a train wreck. If the crappy battle system didn't ruin the game... the massage mini-games and J-pop dancing cinematics finished the job. I dig fan-service, as long as it's purely aesthetic. I like my hot girls in games. I can't, however, find any enjoyment in rubbing oil on a static image of a half-naked girl or watching 2-minute cut-scenes of girls dancing to annoying J-pop stuck in the middle of my medieval, fantasy RPG.

since we have been kinda on the topic, which dragon quest would be the best one to start for the japanses language practicer? my nihongo is weakening greatly and i honestly can't remember much kanji. preferablly a gba, ps1 or nds version..as they work on my phone >.>

My local comic book store has a copy of Saint Seiya Battle Sancutary Special Edition (something like, Myth Cloth Edition) for $100. Is that a good deal? The regular edition is only $23 from Zavvi.

[quote name='Vinny']My local comic book store has a copy of Saint Seiya Battle Sancutary Special Edition (something like, Myth Cloth Edition) for $100. Is that a good deal? The regular edition is only $23 from Zavvi.[/QUOTE]

Guess that depends...

I see it on Amazon UK for £40.99, but of course you gotta count for costs to get it here (or if that's even possible. Dunno if it's the same as the JP amazon shipping policies)
eBay postings of it are higher than the comic store's price from what I browsed.
Don't see it at any of my usual shopping sites either

To anyone else who got Neptunia V's LE. Have you been charged yet?

Slightly worried that my status hasnt changed after seeing others been charged, plus the LE is back in stock.

i cancelled my HDN V LE a while ago, so maybe a few others did the same (as to why it's back in stock)

I have not been charged, paid with CC. Not worried though, cause the last thing they sent me was an email saying it was delayed (a second one).

[quote name='dgwillia006']To anyone else who got Neptunia V's LE. Have you been charged yet?

Slightly worried that my status hasnt changed after seeing others been charged, plus the LE is back in stock.[/QUOTE]

I haven't been charged either, and I also paid with CC.

My credit card was billed for my Standard Pre-order a little big ago, but I obviously quickly ordered the LE when dgwillia pointed out it was back in stock. Thanks so much. :)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Maybe they are doing Paypal first then, I paid with a card[/QUOTE]

You can't really pre-order with paypal the same way you do with a credit card. With paypal you either pay or you don't. You pay as soon as you pre-order, when using paypal, regardless of how far out the ship date is.

[quote name='dgwillia006']To anyone else who got Neptunia V's LE. Have you been charged yet?

Slightly worried that my status hasnt changed after seeing others been charged, plus the LE is back in stock.[/QUOTE]

I was charged on my credit card at about 7:30 p.m. PST tonite for the LE.

I've done paying with Paypal with NISA for pretty much every pre-order I get from them. They always do some charge when you order to make sure it goes through, but it never goes through and they charge when they say they charge. They don't charge right away. Someone like Digital River....yes they charge right away...and it sucks....I like NISA because they only charge when shipping. You also get an email saying you're setting up a charge...but it wont happen fully for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back