Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Might have to pull the trigger on 999 on DS and Virtue's Last Reward on Vita before the 20% discount is over. If only their shipping wasn't so ridiculous...

[quote name='GamingKnight']There's another reason to get the Vita version of Zero Escape: The Screenshot feature! With that and too much free time on your hands, you too can produce altered pictures such as this:
eEKRTuf.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's actually pretty cool. If I ever get a Vita. I'll get Virtue's Last Reward again. Already have the 3DS version completed.

It would be cool if 999 was remade for the Vita.

Any chance there will ever be a VLR sale on the PSN? Really don't feel like entering all my billing info or whatever just to see if shipping will bone this deal for me.

Ragnarok Tactics came in with a little bonus surprise: 2 Commander Video Stickers! :)

Not sure if I'm going to stick them anywhere or just pretend I have a paper thing Commander Video action figure.

Update 4/19/2013
First of all, thanks to all of you for hanging in there! We've had a completed game for months, so it seems weird to still be talking about a game you can't play yet. But, we're almost there.

Okay, let's get the Bad News out of the way:
So, after weeks of working to resolve a licensing issue that came up with the opening song to the opening animation literally days before it went live on PSN, we're still not close to having it resolved.

Our Solution (Good News):
Rather than hold the game up even longer while we're trying to work this out, we are resubmitting the game (both digital and physical format) to Sony QA WITHOUT the opening animation and song. Once the rights issue is resolved, we'll put the opening back in, run it through QA again, and put it on PSN for everyone to download. This way, fans will finally be able to play the game, we can gauge interest and enthusiasm for our work, and it won't push Class of Heroes 3 into 2014 by waiting forever to release a finished Class of Heroes 2.

Note that the final opening animation may or may not include the original song. If we can't resolve the rights issue, we're discussing getting a replacement song from Acquire. One way or another, though, the opening will be put back.

Even Better News:
The physical+digital presales will open on the GAIJINWORKS site next week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wouldnt next week been

APRIL 22 to 27.... they never put it up for sale did they..... EDIT Seems monday it will go up

if anyone wants to in halfs let me know thinking of buying it but will have no use for the DIGITAL COPY

so my email account I had signed up for Class of Heroes 2 got hacked (way to go microsoft) and I can't access it. Is there any way to still order this?

[quote name='battousai11']so my email account I had signed up for Class of Heroes 2 got hacked (way to go microsoft) and I can't access it. Is there any way to still order this?[/QUOTE]

yea anyone can buy it.. if you was a kickstarter you get a different cover art but anyone can buy it

Anyone remember how many P4 collector's editions were made for the Vita? I'm wondering if the Muramasa edition might be as limited, is there any word on a limit with the skin and screen cover?

[quote name='kitsunisan']Anyone remember how many P4 collector's editions were made for the Vita? I'm wondering if the Muramasa edition might be as limited, is there any word on a limit with the skin and screen cover?[/QUOTE]

10,000 made for Vita.

[quote name='storino03']How many Ni No Kuni Wizard Editions do you think were made? The US versions. I don't think it was ever officially mentioned.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone knows for sure. All we had to go off of was their site:
http://www.ninostarter.com/

Though there is that "FANS" number, it was later determined it was LIKES on Facebook rather then what was actually sold. (But if you want you can assume that many people bought it.)

As far as we all know, they were made to order. Once the Ninostarter Days went to 0, they no longer accepted orders.

Hey guys, the link for Class of Heroes 2 pre-order is now UP!! I know there was also a Class of Heroes 2 thread on the forum, but I had no luck in finding it to bump... Here's hoping it'll be successful!

Yes. Make sure you check the email you Kickstarted under, because that gives you the separate link and you need to verify yourself as well.

[quote name='62t']Do people who kickstart still get different art work?[/QUOTE]

"...a physical copy of the Class of Heroes 2 that includes a case with the special Kickstarter Supporter art shown on the left, a UMD with custom Kickstarter Supporter art..."

[quote name='Ionotropic']did the kickstart version charge up front? i can't find the original email and i thought i signed up.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Like every other Kickstarter, it didn't charge until the end and since it didn't succeed, it didn't charge at all.

[quote name='Ionotropic']did the kickstart version charge up front? i can't find the original email and i thought i signed up.[/QUOTE]

The email I received from them only takes me back to the same page that was posted in the deals thread.

So does that mean that someone who kickstarted could post the link and the general public could buy the kickstarter cover version too?

*EDIT*

nvm, looks like its the same link.

[quote name='Bezerker']So does that mean that someone who kickstarted could post the link and the general public could buy the kickstarter cover version too?

*EDIT*

nvm, looks like its the same link.[/QUOTE]

I think they'll cross reference the emails from the Kickstarter campaign to determine if you were a backer.

[quote name='Bezerker']So does that mean that someone who kickstarted could post the link and the general public could buy the kickstarter cover version too?

*EDIT*

nvm, looks like its the same link.[/QUOTE]

Nope. They were very specific in the e-mails they sent out that just because you buy a copy using the link, you still have to forward them the e-mail they sent you from the same e-mail account that you used to back the initial Kickstarter. If they don't match, you only get the regular version.

[quote name='Deader2818']Could you play SMTIV without having played the other ones?[/QUOTE]

Yup the last main game in the series was shin megami tensei - nocturne. Which was part 3 that came out about 9 years ago on the ps2. I loved recruiting Dante from dmc in that game. All the other titles such as the persona titles, devil summoner and digital devil saga were spin offs from the main series so you'll be just fine jumping in.
Just think of it as final fantasy, you don't have to have played all the other numbered games to know what's going on.

I'm not complaining one bit about it getting pushed back to August. There was already so much stuff coming out in June, my head was starting to spin about what to get. So I welcome the 2 month breather lol.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Looks nice and also it didn't get pushed back Amazon hasn't updated their systems yet. August 31st is a Saturday BTW.[/QUOTE]

Balls! :( *siiiigh* It's ok poor wallet. It'll be alright. You'll be full again one-day!

[quote name='malethief']Yup the last main game in the series was shin megami tensei - nocturne. Which was part 3 that came out about 9 years ago on the ps2. I loved recruiting Dante from dmc in that game. All the other titles such as the persona titles, devil summoner and digital devil saga were spin offs from the main series so you'll be just fine jumping in.
Just think of it as final fantasy, you don't have to have played all the other numbered games to know what's going on.[/QUOTE]

Technically, the last game in the main series was Strange Journey.

[quote name='elessar123']Technically, the last game in the main series was Strange Journey.[/QUOTE]

Huh, I didn't realize that, I always assumed it was another spin-off. Then again, I didn't have a DS when it came out so I didn't really follow it. Just added it to my wishlist. ;)

Could anyone from the Kickstarter help me get a copy of the KS version of Class of Heroes? Please PM me if you can help :) (it got the cover art I really wanted!)

[quote name='outerfox']Balls! :( *siiiigh* It's ok poor wallet. It'll be alright. You'll be full again one-day![/QUOTE]
I'm pretty happy actually considering Pikmin 3 , Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and Tales of xillia come out in August already I don't need more games coming out that month lol Ouch! my wallet it burns already just thinking about it.

We've met 50% of the interest drive which was 2,700. Yes that is right around 1,400 copies already in less than 25 hours into this. Thanks guys and keep up the good work! :D

[quote name='elessar123']Technically, the last game in the main series was Strange Journey.[/QUOTE]

Although Strange Journey was in the style of the main series games, it wasn't a numbered entry. Nocturne was SMT3, so SMT IV will be its successor.

[quote name='Zbornak']Although Strange Journey was in the style of the main series games, it wasn't a numbered entry. Nocturne was SMT3, so SMT IV will be its successor.[/QUOTE]

I know it's not numbed, but it's also not a spinoff. Just like Legend of Mana isn't numbered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back