Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sega of America is always making me angry....still waiting for Yakuza 5 possibly and Yakuza 1&2 HD, Would love Shining Hearts/Wind whatever. This vocaloid game is something I've wanted for a while so I will buy week 1 as well, but yeah come on Sega of America and look at your fans and see what they actually want. Yes Sonic games are good, but come on....and get that PSO2 game out already! They're definently on my bad list at the moment along with Capcom and other companies (Square-Enix still there haha).

Sega of America is always making me angry....still waiting for Yakuza 5 possibly and Yakuza 1&2 HD, Would love Shining Hearts/Wind whatever. This vocaloid game is something I've wanted for a while so I will buy week 1 as well, but yeah come on Sega of America and look at your fans and see what they actually want. Yes Sonic games are good, but come on....and get that PSO2 game out already! They're definently on my bad list at the moment along with Capcom and other companies (Square-Enix still there haha).
Also where is Valykria Chronicles 3?? C'mon Sega!!

Anyone have any cheap shipping options or coupon codes for Nippon Yasan? Trying to get that D&D PS3 Limited Edition for as cheap as possible.

Starfish has just re-released Elminage 2 and Elminage 3 in Japan...at the moment...for PSN.

Since I truly doubt UFO did all of that work for the patch for the first game just to drop the whole series, I think this explains why we haven't heard anything about it.  I would say that, IMHO, Elminage 2 is almost certain to get translated.

Yup I'm just like you, I'm still waiting on Yakuza 5.

Also where is Valykria Chronicles 3?? C'mon Sega!!

Anyone have any cheap shipping options or coupon codes for Nippon Yasan? Trying to get that D&D PS3 Limited Edition for as cheap as possible.
I still have hope Valkyria Chronicles 3 will be released. I'll take a digital only with English subtitles.

From a business standpoint, Sega would make sense... but from a gamer's standpoint, I wouldn't trust Sega to keep things the way they are. Sega would be way better than Capcom though.

I still have hope Valkyria Chronicles 3 will be released. I'll take a digital only with English subtitles.
I wish they would have released 2 & 3 in HD so I could play it on my PS3. But that's never gonna happen... I just don't like playing it on the PSP screen. And yes, I'm aware I could use a PSP Go to hook it up to my TV and play using a DS3, but it's not the same.

Guided Fate Paradox LE is up for pre-order at NISA

Hard cover artbook

8 art cards

2 disc sound track

Matte-framed art piece

Game

Price is $74.99

Starfish has just re-released Elminage 2 and Elminage 3 in Japan...at the moment...for PSN.

Since I truly doubt UFO did all of that work for the patch for the first game just to drop the whole series, I think this explains why we haven't heard anything about it. I would say that, IMHO, Elminage 2 is almost certain to get translated.
I would gladly welcome the rest of series to come over here! :)

Guided Fate Paradox LE is up for pre-order at NISA

Hard cover artbook

8 art cards

2 disc sound track

Matte-framed art piece

Game

Price is $74.99
I'm very interested in this game since it's been a while since we've seen a good Rogue-like game on a console (the last I remember was that Chocobo Dungeon game on the Wii several years back). But I wish they gave more detail, like how large / how many pages the artbook is. Just not sure that I'm seeing $25 worth of value for me personally in that CE stuff. I prefer stuff I can display, but I will take a good artbook if it's an actual decent-sized book and not one of these pamphlets many companies pass off as "art books".

These NISA LEs....ah so much money for games not sure I'll fit them in my budget. Buying a PS4 though....so that's a lot of the gaming budget (likely all NOV and Dec for me) so yeah....ugg so much want but yeah I'll see on Disgaea D2 and Paradox LEs.

Heads up to any Vita users. Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland, the port of the ps3 version with all DLC included, is on sale on the PSN for what I believe is the first time since release. It is discounted to $27.99 for normal users and down to $19.59 to any Playstation Plus members.

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/games-and-media/psv-atelier-totori-plus-the-adventurer-of-arland.html
Dang, is this worth owning if I already have all three Atelier games for :ps3: already? I could have sworn I read somewhere that the sequel to Totori (Meruru) gives you bonuses if you have a Totori save file, but is that not true?

Dang, is this worth owning if I already have all three Atelier games for :ps3: already? I could have sworn I read somewhere that the sequel to Totori (Meruru) gives you bonuses if you have a Totori save file, but is that not true?
Not in the PS3 version

I agree with you!!! I really want Y5 to come out there and I hope it does.

BTW, just saw this post of the top 5 weirdest games from Japan from zoomin.tv. I know other games that could have been put on this list. But what do you all think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F_BptwLjsYg

I agree with you!!! I really want Y5 to come out there and I hope it does.

BTW, just saw this post of the top 5 weirdest games from Japan from zoomin.tv. I know other games that could have been put on this list. But what do you all think?
Ossu Banchou is the weirdest game I've ever played and sincerely doubt it is listed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e5v-0nrXT0

This is moderately normal for this game. It got pretty out there in some cases. 6:12 is where it starts to prove my point though.

Catherine on that list? plz

Edit: Oh, it's a video from a clickbait channel. That explains it.

That video forgot the Cho Aniki series.
Cho Aniki deserves to be in that list. Catherine...not so much.

Other games..."Incredible Crisis" for the PSX, "Baito Hell 2000" (I think it was called "WTF: Work Time Fun" in the U.S. right?) for the PSP, "Chulip" for the PS2 was also a bit weird.

Catherine is not as weird as people like to think. It's just a block puzzle game.

And that list needed more Raw Danger

http://youtu.be/9h42HwuzDyc?t=48s
How is it that I don't have Raw Danger....now looking to see if I can get this game and "Mr. Mosquito" cheap from Gamestop Used..lol..

Here is another recent list:

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2013/05/the_eight_strangest_japanese_video_games_youve_nev.php

http://www.complex.com/video-games/2013/04/the-10-weirdest-japanese-video-games-ever-made/

Forgot about LSD.

How strange, Project Diva F is listed as "Not Available" on GameStop's site.

I somehow doubt that this game got a lot of pre-orders, but I really hope they didn't stop pre-orders in stores, I was gonna pre-order it real soon.

How strange, Project Diva F is listed as "Not Available" on GameStop's site.

I somehow doubt that this game got a lot of pre-orders, but I really hope they didn't stop pre-orders in stores, I was gonna pre-order it real soon.
Ah great, I had forgotten to preorder too. Hope it doesnt actually end up being rare

Probably just paid dlc down the road, doubt sega is crazy enough to make snow miku GS exclusive... 

edit:

from their site so ya, definitely sound like it will be available later on for everyone.

These bonuses are exclusive to Gamestop for a limited time, so you can be among the first to receive them by pre-ordering and pledging your support for the game! 

Probably just paid dlc down the road, doubt sega is crazy enough to make snow miku GS exclusive...

edit:

from their site so ya, definitely sound like it will be available later on for everyone.

These bonuses are exclusive to Gamestop for a limited time, so you can be among the first to receive them by pre-ordering and pledging your support for the game!
Beautiful. Thanks.

This was sent out by NIS a few days ago:

Regarding Disgaea D2 standard edition pre-orders at Gamestop only:

Pre-order now for a free Bonus Official Soundtrack, consisting of 40 Netherworldly songs on 2 CDs!
Pre-order and also receive a high-quality print of key promotional art by Takehito Harada, featuring the main characters!

-----

Soundtrack seems to be the same one included in the LEs. The art print is exclusive to GS pre-orders, as far as I can tell. That's gonna suck :(

This was sent out by NIS a few days ago:

Regarding Disgaea D2 standard edition pre-orders at Gamestop only:

Pre-order now for a free Bonus Official Soundtrack, consisting of 40 Netherworldly songs on 2 CDs!
Pre-order and also receive a high-quality print of key promotional art by Takehito Harada, featuring the main characters!

-----

Soundtrack seems to be the same one included in the LEs. The art print is exclusive to GS pre-orders, as far as I can tell. That's gonna suck :(
You forgot the first run DLC. Also Siliconera claims that this stuff (DLC, OST, Picture) are included with first run copies.

Well, ignore that then. Stupid NIS and their shitty email with like no details in it. Just links to GS's site, /sigh

The DLC mentioned in the email is "available the first 30 days after launch." Take it however you want I guess.

I pre-ordered Project Diva F in store at gamestop today...guess just pre-orders stopped online. Want the DLC so will brave gamestop to get it free. Also it's snow Miku.....have the nendo on it's way hope to get it soon.

Ah cool then, I guess I'll do it tomorrow if I can get out, or Monday when I'm getting Saints Row

Also I really hope us NIS Disgaea buyers don't get screwed over with the DLC and such. Is it just me, or does the Gamestop product kind of ruin the point of the LE? Its literally 35$ extra just for 2 figures and 5 art cards now?

It does cheapen the edition quite a bit sadly....you're still getting an artbook and a cool cd case as well. It doesn't help that Disgaea D2 is cheaper than the usual PS3 game at 49.99. I opted for the normal edition myself as the soundtracks are my favorite bonus with the second being artbooks/posters. 

Ah I forgot about the artbook. I'm still planning to keep it as long as we atleast get the DLC, otherwise I'm not really THAT dedicated to keeping it. I still remember how the Flonne DLC for 4 ended up being quite valuable.

Wait I'm confused, is the DLC just free at launch period? Or is it actually a bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back