Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aksys website is having a sale to raise money for the Phillipines disaster relief:

http://store.aksysgames.com/collections/philippine-disaster-relief/

They have four packages, which include the muramasa fan+soundtrack, Blazblue Jubei plushie, muramasa lithograph+soundtrack, Blazblue comic.

Each are $5 and first item is free shipping within us.

I picked up the fan since it didn't come with the limited edition.. $5 can't complain though and it's for charity

Aksys website is having a sale to raise money for the Phillipines disaster relief:

They have four packages, which include the muramasa fan+soundtrack, Blazblue Jubei plushie, muramasa lithograph+soundtrack, Blazblue comic.

I picked up the fan since it didn't come with the limited edition.. $5 can't complain though and it's for charity
Thanks for this--I picked up the fan, as well. :D

Awesome, thanks for pointing this out.

Grabbed the BlazBlue comic, and might get the Jubei plushie as well.

Thanks for this. I bought something from them the last time they did this. Their heart is always in the right place.

Will probably get the fan and the plush.

Grabbed the fan. Their handling of the shipping is stupid though, since if you want multiple things, they punish you for bundling.

Grabbed the fan. Their handling of the shipping is stupid though, since if you want multiple things, they punish you for bundling.
It's more of them covering the shipping on the first order to be cool than them specifically charging people that order multiple things.

I'll probably pick up the fan as well or get the plushie..damn, hard choice here.

It's more of them covering the shipping on the first order to be cool than them specifically charging people that order multiple things.

I'll probably pick up the fan as well or get the plushie..damn, hard choice here.
I didn't pay for shipping because I bought the fan first then I got the other two in separate orders.

Thanks for this! I picked up the fan and CD. $5 shipped is great, but how much of that can really go to the relief effort? Hope they got a good deal with USPS for delivery.

Got all four packages for support.  Been wanting the Blazblue Jubei plushie for awhile anyway.  Wish there was some merchandise associated with 999 and VLR.

Thanks for sharing this. Picked up the lithograph+soundtrack CD.

I ordered the lithograph and comic book. Always good of Aksys to have relief effort sales; I bought the BlazBlue Hope shirt from the tsunami relief sale last time.

http://store.aksysgames.com/collections/philippine-disaster-relief/products/philippine-disaster-package-4

Does anyone know how long this comic is (number of pages)?

Is it worth getting?
Is it a complete story by itself (not a mutli-volume series)?
1. About 23 Pages...

2. Dunno, unless you're just gonna go through it once and that's it.

3. Actually, its sparsed by different stories (4-koma, short story chapters, etc.), and actually, yes, there is a BB Official Comics 2 (and also the Phase 0 prologue comic), but not in the US, it seems. (PAL regions, such as the "zen store", have this in English.)

Edit...Dangan Ronpa:THH discount on NewEgg for $35/FS with promo code: EMCWWWL98 (good until 11/25).

That's my question. Does anyone know of any platform differences for Conception II?
Yea, like he said.. better graphics.

When there is a game on both platforms, I lean more towards Vita though. I also remember what happened with Zero Escape: VLR.. I know the 3DS version had some major bug in it. Did they ever even fix it? I didn't follow that version. Nintendo always seems very slow with the bug fixes in general though. They were pretty fast with the new Pokemon.. but it is Pokemon. Maybe they are picking up the pace with that sort of thing though. I sure hope that's the case since a lot of games these days come off rushed out the door, and with plenty of bugs/issues.

Yea, like he said.. better graphics.

When there is a game on both platforms, I lean more towards Vita though. I also remember what happened with Zero Escape: VLR.. I know the 3DS version had some major bug in it. Did they ever even fix it? I didn't follow that version. Nintendo always seems very slow with the bug fixes in general though. They were pretty fast with the new Pokemon.. but it is Pokemon. Maybe they are picking up the pace with that sort of thing though. I sure hope that's the case since a lot of games these days come off rushed out the door, and with plenty of bugs/issues.
The difference is that unlike Pokemon, Nintendo didn't make Zero Escape. They weren't the ones who had to fix it, it was up to Aksys/Chunsoft to fix.

Just preordered the Y's CE at Gamestop today. I had assumed it had sold out since Amazon stopped selling for a while and I was stuck with my order there.

Here just a quick screenshot comparison of the two different versions. I think Vita version uses in-game character model for character portraits while the 3DS one uses game art for conversations.

http://i.imgur.com/76t152O.jpg
I was trying out the JP demo on the Vita a few days ago and for the top side by side, there is definitely conversations like the top left (3DS side) on the Vita. The characters are animated during it, like breathing and reacting to the dialog and such. I didn't play it long enough to get to a scene like the top right though... Now I didn't check if they had a demo on the 3DS, but I could fire it up later to see if its on there.

Might get Conception II on 3DS since that's where I started with Virtue's Last Reward. (Thankfully, I never encountered the game save glitch by saving outside of puzzle rooms.)

I already had there, but the shipping was going to take till the 10th to arrive for some reason. So I said screw that and just went with GS
Not expecting this to go through, but I was also able to complete a pre-order of this on the Best Buy app a few days ago--doesn't work on the computer site--that included my GCU 20% off. So we'll see.

You must be joking. If you're over 13 and you don't wear a fanny pack everywhere you go, you should get the Vita version.
It's not always that simple. Presumably the 3DS version is the lead platform. As we saw last console generation, having a more powerful platform does not guarantee a better time necessarily, as PS3 versions never really saw a whole lot of improvement compared to the 360 versions (and the 360 version was presumably the lead platform). Similarly, stuff converted to the Wii U has often been inferior, despite being a more powerful platform.

But yeah, you'd think the Vita version would be preferable. We'll find out! Likely either version will be fine.

Any other good deals out there guys?

The Time and Eternity is not a bad one though but even at 20 bucks I have heard so many bad things :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back