Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't find the Bravely Default CE thread, so I'll post this here: Best Buy now has the CE up for preorder online at $49.99 ($39.99 for GCU members). Of course it appears after I used the $5 off $35 promo credit at Amazon to preorder the CE from there for $44.99... :bomb: :wall:
YES! YES! YES! ALL OF MY YES!!!!!

So, Newegg is shipping the games NOW but at the same time, they're not shipping until Dec 20.

Makes perfect slidecage sense!

Unless you paid for release date delivery (which Newegg doesn't offer), it is only a day late in mailing.

And yes, they probably should have mail the games out a head of time.

A bigger concern is whether or not you'll receive the LE intact.

Newegg is really iffy at packing.

Great at times, awful whenever they feel like it.

The shipped out my 3DS XL in a bubble mailer.

So Good Luck.
just reporting what the workers told me on the phone

NISA has posted what comes in the limited edition version of The Witch and the Hundred Knights. It will cost $74.99 and comes with a slew of goodies. The LE comes with the game software with reversible front cover, a full color, hardcover art book, 2-disc original soundtrack with jewel case, collector's box, and Metallia Nendoroid Petite. 

witch100_big_LE_zpsd9859638.jpg

Put in a pre-order for the CE of FF XIII LR along with X/X-2 to get free shipping. Couldn't find anything I wanted for $10, which is how much the shipping was going to cost, so if I keep it I'll just cancel my pre-order with amazon.

Also pre-ordered Bravely Default CE from BB. Saving an extra $10 on that isn't too bad.

Thanks CAGs :)
I would cancel this honestly. I just did the same thing but with Drakengard 3 and was told my Lightning Returns CE would not ship until Dragongard 3 came out lol

So, Newegg is shipping the games NOW but at the same time, they're not shipping until Dec 20.

Makes perfect slidecage sense!

Unless you paid for release date delivery (which Newegg doesn't offer), it is only a day late in mailing.

And yes, they probably should have mail the games out a head of time.

A bigger concern is whether or not you'll receive the LE intact.

Newegg is really iffy at packing.

Great at times, awful whenever they feel like it.

The shipped out my 3DS XL in a bubble mailer.

So Good Luck.
Well, I already complained to them before the purchase... They charged my Sorcery Saga LE a couple days ago and is still in the 'packaging' process... Makes sense now with knowing that. I REALLY hope that UPS doesn't throw it around, but UPS stops at so many places and takes forever :(

Anyone here tried to order from the SE Shop for the Lightning Returns CE using Pay Pal, only to have...like nothing happened after submitting the order? 

No email. No pending in Pay Pal. Just nothing.

Anyone here tried to order from the SE Shop for the Lightning Returns CE using Pay Pal, only to have...like nothing happened after submitting the order?

No email. No pending in Pay Pal. Just nothing.
I had this happen just now and for me at least it seems to be because DR keeps trying to "update" my address and then refusing to accept payment because it is different from my paypal address. It just kept redirecting me though without giving a message or anything.

I finally got it through by using a credit card only to realize it would not ship until DG3 came out. I ended up cancelling the order and re-ordering and just eating the shipping charge.

Shortly after I preordered the Witch CE from NISA with no issues <_< SE needs to get with the times.

I had this happen just now and for me at least it seems to be because DR keeps trying to "update" my address and then refusing to accept payment because it is different from my paypal address. It just kept redirecting me though without giving a message or anything.

I finally got it through by using a credit card only to realize it would not ship until DG3 came out. I ended up cancelling the order and re-ordering and just eating the shipping charge.

Shortly after I preordered the Witch CE from NISA with no issues <_< SE needs to get with the times.
Ah yes I did seem to recall the Update Message when I went to re-order it the second time again using Pay Pal.

I will try again later in the morning but use a credit card instead. Give it some time to truly make sure I am not placing 3 orders. XD But thanks for the help!!

NISA has posted what comes in the limited edition version of The Witch and the Hundred Knights. It will cost $74.99 and comes with a slew of goodies. The LE comes with the game software with reversible front cover, a full color, hardcover art book, 2-disc original soundtrack with jewel case, collector's box, and Metallia Nendoroid Petite.
How are reviews on that game looking? I like the look of the CE, but I don't want to spend that much on a mediocre game.

Eww, Digital River. 

I should just bite the bullet and buy Project Diva F today. GS.com still has copies, but it's just my I am paying retail kicking in, lol. Maybe at lunch I will see.

I would go for that Witch and the Hundred Nights CE but Amazon is still honoring my $20 screw up copy.

Yay Tales of Zestiria announced for PS3! Hopefully localization in early 2015, but no confirmations yet.

...dragons!

Are you sure it's still the LE? Wasn't that just the first print run?
It appears that everyone who purchased it a week and a half ago was for $19.99 received an LE. Not sure if anyone wants to make the call to Amazon since the site says: Launch copies also include:whistle2: 80 page hardcover art book- Soundtrack CD containing 25 songs- The ‘Smooth Operator’ DLC pack- Additional "Episode 51" with the vampiric Sebastian

I would imagine this price match was due to Gamestop's price of the LE down to $19.99.

It appears that everyone who purchased it a week and a half ago was for $19.99 received an LE. Not sure if anyone wants to make the call to Amazon since the site says: Launch copies also include:whistle2: 80 page hardcover art book- Soundtrack CD containing 25 songs- The ‘Smooth Operator’ DLC pack- Additional "Episode 51" with the vampiric Sebastian

I would imagine this price match was due to Gamestop's price of the LE down to $19.99.
Just chiming in, my amazon 360 copy from last week was an LE

I would cancel this honestly. I just did the same thing but with Drakengard 3 and was told my Lightning Returns CE would not ship until Dragongard 3 came out lol
Yeah, I noticed that, but I'm not in any rush to play it (still need to beat XIII-2) and it's only a month unlike Drakengard 3 which doesn't even seem to have a date.

Too bad that FF13 CE is a SE store exclusive. I just bought a 360 FF13-2 CE for like $16.
Agreed, I picked up the PS3 XIII-2 CE for $20 a while back when BB was clearancing it.

Level-5's Guild collection currently on sale on eshop.  Attack of the Friday Monsters and Crimson Shroud are must get.

I haven't really started playing Crimson Shroud but Attack of the Friday Monster is awesome and I want to see more games like it.

haven't finish liberation maiden, but that's also pretty cool

Time to pick up bugs vs tanks and starship damrey

Btw...is the Zone of Enders HD game worth getting (it's under $16 right now)... Have the original games for the PS2 but debating if it's worth purchasing for the PS3.

I haven't really started playing Crimson Shroud but Attack of the Friday Monster is awesome and I want to see more games like it.

haven't finish liberation maiden, but that's also pretty cool

Time to pick up bugs vs tanks and starship damrey
I grabbed Starship Damrey and Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns or whatever it's called :) Would like Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning instead, but that's still $39.99!

I bought Crimson Shroud last time it was on sale. Fun game, but too short and the graphics are very janky considering there's almost no animation. I'd be thrilled to see a longer, more fleshed-out sequel but that doesn't seem likely. 

I guess I'll check out the other games too if they're on sale again. Thanks for the heads up.

So apparently the DLC costumes for Sorcery Saga require you to be connected to the internet while playing to use them.

Never heard of something that stupid before

I bought Crimson Shroud last time it was on sale. Fun game, but too short and the graphics are very janky considering there's almost no animation. I'd be thrilled to see a longer, more fleshed-out sequel but that doesn't seem likely.

I guess I'll check out the other games too if they're on sale again. Thanks for the heads up.
Gosh, I'd love a fleshed-out Crimson Shroud sequel! I think it's a miracle we even got this one, though, sadly

Okay, I read a good review of Curry God and went and bought it.  I hope I don't regret it!  Certainly sounds fun (and solid) in the review.  They gave it a B.  It has to be better than Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and I liked that.  :p

I haven't gotten to play it much. I was going to play it Tuesday night, but then it took my Vita an hour to update. Last night, I got distracted by Archer. I probably played about 30 minutes. It feels more roguelike than a dungeon crawler so far, so more like Angband/Nethack/SotS:The Pit than Etrian Odyssey/Class of Heroes, but I'm not far in. I plan on playing it a lot more tonight.

Oh, I'm impressed by the voice acting. It's in Japanese, but it surpasses most anime in quality.

Oh, I'm impressed by the voice acting. It's in Japanese, but it surpasses most anime in quality.
Interesting. You understand Japanese? I'm always curious when anime actors are actually overacting or cheesing or just plain bad, but could never tell since I don't know the language obviously. It would probably humble the elitists who hate dub just cuz, for instance.

Interesting. You understand Japanese? I'm always curious when anime actors are actually overacting or cheesing or just plain bad, but could never tell since I don't know the language obviously. It would probably humble the elitists who hate dub just cuz, for instance.
Oh, there is definitely anime out there with crap Japanese voice acting. Dirty Pair being one of them.

Okay, I read a good review of Curry God and went and bought it. I hope I don't regret it! Certainly sounds fun (and solid) in the review. They gave it a B. It has to be better than Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and I liked that. :p
seemed too much like pokemon mystery so i passed and canceled

I've often wondered about this, too. However, I notice that I am also more prone to liking voice acting done by British actors, so I don't think understanding the language is the deciding factor (but I'm sure is part of it). I understand about 95% of American voice acting, 85% of British, and about 5% of Japanese. :p I think the more novel something sounds, the less likely we (I) are (am) to notice whether it sucks.

Btw...is the Zone of Enders HD game worth getting (it's under $16 right now)... Have the original games for the PS2 but debating if it's worth purchasing for the PS3.
From what I've heard, after the PS3 patch for ZOE2, you're getting the best version available. ZOE1 is just a bonus included with ZOE2, basically. :p

I think the more novel something sounds, the less likely we (I) are (am) to notice whether it sucks.
All I notice is that the over-the-top yelling in anime like Gurren Lagan sound less silly in Japanese, though the dubs for G Gundam were actually ok. SHINING FINGER

All I notice is that the over-the-top yelling in anime like Gurren Lagan sound less silly in Japanese, though the dubs for G Gundam were actually ok. SHINING FINGER
Bravely Default is one where I'm glad they left the Japanese in (so I can switch to that and be oblivious to whether it's good or bad). The English acting isn't bad, but... it just seems kind of cartoony or silly or over the top.

Decided to grab Hatsune Miku from Gamestop.com. I hope this game is still a limited print run because I hate paying retail for a non CE ior LE version of a game.

Hopefully it comes in time for xmas.

Been playing a little more of Sorcery Saga. I don't know. I really want to like it, but so far it's easy beyond belief, so it doesn't feel much like a rogue-like. But I did just come off New Game +7 on Rogue Legacy, so it might just be me.

Been playing a little more of Sorcery Saga. I don't know. I really want to like it, but so far it's easy beyond belief, so it doesn't feel much like a rogue-like. But I did just come off New Game +7 on Rogue Legacy, so it might just be me.
I wish more games had difficulty level settings. It's nice to be able to tailor it. I hate being frustrated by too-hard games, but I don't like it to be autopilot either.

I haven't tried it out yet, but I hold hope!

I've never made a purchase on eShop but I purchased the monster game that some of you recommeded and Liberation Maiden. But for Japanese style games, are there any more you all recommend.

Decided to grab Hatsune Miku from Gamestop.com. I hope this game is still a limited print run because I hate paying retail for a non CE ior LE version of a game.

Hopefully it comes in time for xmas.
I'm just gonna grab one at Fry's, found one like 15 miles away. But yeah i hope it ends up limited too

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back