Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a slight heads-up, the Bravely Default CE is available for shipping to home from Best Buy now, if anybody else was waiting for it.

Amazon Japan announced the top 10 games purchased on their site in 2013 from Dec 1, 2012-November 30, 2013:

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/12/26/top-10-video-games-in-japan-2013/

1. Monster Hunter 4 (3DS)

2. Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing: New Leaf) (3DS)

3. Pokemon X (3DS)

4. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)

5. Pokemon Y (3DS)

6. Dragon Quest VII (3DS)

7. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle (PS3)

8. Tomodachi Collection: New Life (3DS)

9. Ryu ga Gotoku 5: Yume Kanaeshi Mono (Yakuza 5) (PS3)

10. Gyakuten Saiban (Ace Attorney 5) (3DS)
I want DQVII on 3DS released here too. T___T

+1

I almost broke down and bought the Eschatos Wonder Pack today, as the Ginga Force pack is more than twice the price!
If I didn't already own Eschatos I'd probably just get the wonder pack. Much more tolerable to drop $80 for two shmups. Speaking of I just ordered the Ultimate Shooting Collection for Wii from GoHastings. I hope it comes in one piece. Last time I ordered from them it was a disaster and their customer service is terrible.

Caladrius was just announced for PS3, so that means that those of us without a Japanese 360 can finally play it!

Just a slight heads-up, the Bravely Default CE is available for shipping to home from Best Buy now, if anybody else was waiting for it.
Thanks! Re-ordered it just now for shipping. Much rather have it come to me =)

i was wondering if i should do that or if its just easier to cancel the store pickup order and reorder it for shipping
That's what I just did, just took a few seconds. Placed the new order first, then canceled the old one after it was placed.

I used that newegg Bravely Default code (I think it's $3 off), then decided to order a second copy.  I made a new order, but the code didn't work.  Maybe it's just once per account or something.  Kinda chintzy if so...

Figured I'd get a copy for my brother (Feb bday), one for my fiancee (Oct bday or next Christmas), and then one for myself on the eShop.

I used that newegg Bravely Default code (I think it's $3 off), then decided to order a second copy. I made a new order, but the code didn't work. Maybe it's just once per account or something. Kinda chintzy if so...

Figured I'd get a copy for my brother (Feb bday), one for my fiancee (Oct bday or next Christmas), and then one for myself on the eShop.
AFAIK, Newegg codes have almost always been one-order-per-account things; I can't say for certain, but maybe it would have worked if you had ordered the two copies in the same order...?

AFAIK, Newegg codes have almost always been one-order-per-account things; I can't say for certain, but maybe it would have worked if you had ordered the two copies in the same order...?
I bet you're right about that. I wonder about maybe canceling the order and re-making it. I'd be sad if I couldn't reuse the code, and it might end up just taking the normal $3 off anyway instead of $6. Hmm... Maybe I should risk it!

PS I love that Itoi quote in your sig; never noticed it before. Is that from one of the Mother games, or an interview or something?

I bet you're right about that. I wonder about maybe canceling the order and re-making it. I'd be sad if I couldn't reuse the code, and it might end up just taking the normal $3 off anyway instead of $6. Hmm... Maybe I should risk it!

PS I love that Itoi quote in your sig; never noticed it before. Is that from one of the Mother games, or an interview or something?
It's from an interview with Itoi, and arguably the best quote from it. :D

If you're interested, you can find the whole 11-page interview here (note that there's spoilers for Mother 3); there's six pages in Part One and five in Part Two--the quote is taken from page 7 (Part Two).

It looks like the Danganronpa LE is sold out on the NIS online store.  Does NIS typically restock on the LE units in any way or am I pretty much out of luck? 

So with the Valkyria Chronicles 3 English Patch (around 90% translated atm) now available to download, it may not be a bad time to purchase a copy:

Nippon-Yasan - $36.20 + Shipping (?)

Yesasia - $41.99 + Free Shipping

Amazon $39.99 + $3.99 Shipping From AkihabaraGames

Note:  The extra edition is the one required to use the English patch.  Your PSN purchased copy will also work if you prefer to buy it that way.

Only will buy if physical retail released.
I hope it's physical, too, but I want to play the bloody game. If they only do a digital release, then that's still a way to play the damn thing. It's silly to miss out on an entire game because it only exists in a digital form.

I hope it's physical, too, but I want to play the bloody game. If they only do a digital release, then that's still a way to play the damn thing. It's silly to miss out on an entire game because it only exists in a digital form.
I'd say that depends on how strongly you feel about digital distribution. There's definitely a lot of games I've elected not to buy because they aren't getting physical releases. I generally won't buy any digital game for over $20. My one exception was Killer Instinct, in which I purchased the $60 Pin Edition.

Missed out on Danganronpa's LE. Got excited for a second thinking it had more stock since it showed less than 25% left but the purchase button was still greyed out saying sold out. What a tease. No biggie I'll grab the regular when I can.

Heads up if anyone is up for some Level 5 Soccer RPG goodness on the cheap:

:ds: Inazuma Eleven 2: Blizzard £9.99

If you haven't ordered from Zavvi before, International Shipping costs £.99 to ship to the US or elsewhere besides the UK.
I just got this game. My poor British fiancee had to bring it from the U.K. for me, and I paid way more than that for it. I love it! I wish they'd just release the first Inazuma Eleven trilogy on the US 3DS eShop. It's already in English. :(

So with the Valkyria Chronicles 3 English Patch (around 90% translated atm) now available to download, it may not be a bad time to purchase a copy:

Nippon-Yasan - $36.20 + Shipping (?)

Yesasia - $41.99 + Free Shipping

Amazon $39.99 + $3.99 Shipping From AkihabaraGames

Note: The extra edition is the one required to use the English patch. Your PSN purchased copy will also work if you prefer to buy it that way.
Whoa, how does this work? Can I run it on my Vita if I get the PSN version? Or does it have to be on an "unlocked" or whatever PSP?

I just got this game. My poor British fiancee had to bring it from the U.K. for me, and I paid way more than that for it. I love it! I wish they'd just release the first Inazuma Eleven trilogy on the US 3DS eShop. It's already in English. :(

Whoa, how does this work? Can I run it on my Vita if I get the PSN version? Or does it have to be on an "unlocked" or whatever PSP?
To play with the patch you must use a PSP emulator or a CFW PSP/Vita. Obviously I can't talk about those here. What you can do is legally purchase the game from the JP PSN, and apply the patch yourself. The digital version is actually on sale for around $10 USD for a limited time on the Japanese PSN.

Valkyria Chronicles 3 980 Yen.

Some screenshots:

lftBaYd.jpg

bfeaWKy.jpg

v6Pnqge.jpg

To play with the patch you must use a PSP emulator or a CFW PSP/Vita. Obviously I can't talk about those here. What you can do is legally purchase the game from the JP PSN, and apply the patch yourself. The digital version is actually on sale for around $10 USD for a limited time on the Japanese PSN.

Valkyria Chronicles 3 980 Yen.
I can't just use my regular PSN account, right? I'd have to make a new one and register a Japanese address?

PSP is rife with piracy and I think it's easy to justify downloading Japanese games since you can't even read them, but this is a great compromise. I would buy a ton of Japanese games if I knew they'd get fan translations.

Figured I'd post this here since it's related to Hyperdimension Neptunia.

You can pre-order a replica of Neptune's console. It comes with 5 discs of music and some other stuff.

Cant seem to get the info page to translate right now, but here's the info link: http://5pb.jp/records/neptunebox/

Pre-order link: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=MED-CD2-14809&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dhyperdimension%24pagemax%3D20%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

1476599_235374976634088_391098402_n.jpg

Got this info off a FB page someone made: https://www.facebook.com/HyperdimensionNeptuniaTheAnimation

That's pretty sweet. Wouldn't be a bad addition to any collection and I'm sure would look nice on display, though I'm not sure how often I'd pop the disks in and jam the music...of course, I'm not saying I wouldn't...

I can't just use my regular PSN account, right? I'd have to make a new one and register a Japanese address?

PSP is rife with piracy and I think it's easy to justify downloading Japanese games since you can't even read them, but this is a great compromise. I would buy a ton of Japanese games if I knew they'd get fan translations.
Same! So if we make a Japanese account and download it to a Vita, we can then just patch our downloaded Vita version? Or is it sadly not that simple? I don't have a PSP anymore.

Yep, there's a translating team doing the translations for Tales of Vesperia for the PS3. Looks awesome and I'd love to play it with all of the extra content, but you have to have a modded and jailbroken PS3, and I can't see putting all of that work in for just one game. I'd sooner use a translation script with the Japanese release of ToV.

Yep, there's a translating team doing the translations for Tales of Vesperia for the PS3. Looks awesome and I'd love to play it with all of the extra content, but you have to have a modded and jailbroken PS3, and I can't see putting all of that work in for just one game. I'd sooner use a translation script with the Japanese release of ToV.
As cool as that is, I'd rather see translators turn their attention to Rebirth or Destiny 2. We already have Vesperia, and the PS3 version isn't that different. It just seems like a lot of effort for not enough pay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back