Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
GS.com in my experience is best for shipping(for CEs). They use boxes that fit the size of the items very well and use lots of packing material. It seems like most either use boxes way too big, try to cram things into boxes or padded envelopes way too small(Amazon) or sometimes don't use any packing at all. GS.com has NEVER not used packing bubbles or something when I ordered CEs from them. Never. Others it seems to be random.

However, with standard games... GS.com is among the worst. Lately, they haven't even been using padded envelopes. These hard cardboard pouch things with no padding. Ugh. Not sure if they still do. My last regular ed. games I ordered from them was December and both came in those awful things.

My last two GS.com CE orders were the Xillia and Symphonia CE. Both came in perfect condition. I bought 3 of each and of the 3 I bought the GS.com orders came in best condition of the 3 I got.

seems pointless to save 5 bucks. if it was more then yeah but you might as well buy new than used. there's being cheap and then there's just being silly.
I bought this from Gamefly and it came in mint condition. Either it was a rarely used game or I got lucky.

GS.com in my experience is best for shipping(for CEs). They use boxes that fit the size of the items very well and use lots of packing material. It seems like most either use boxes way too big, try to cram things into boxes or padded envelopes way too small(Amazon) or sometimes don't use any packing at all. GS.com has NEVER not used packing bubbles or something when I ordered CEs from them. Never. Others it seems to be random.

However, with standard games... GS.com is among the worst. Lately, they haven't even been using padded envelopes. These hard cardboard pouch things with no padding. Ugh. Not sure if they still do. My last regular ed. games I ordered from them was December and both came in those awful things.

My last two GS.com CE orders were the Xillia and Symphonia CE. Both came in perfect condition. I bought 3 of each and of the 3 I bought the GS.com orders came in best condition of the 3 I got.
yeah, i agree. but gs mainly see games, and just recently started selling tablets, and cells within the last 2-3 years. i mean if they can't even get the shipping packaging on video games right. they are in trouble. amazon has been the worst offenders in recent years. bestbuy used to horrible as well with their shipping packaging, but they have improved alot, ever since they started taking feedbacks on their online forum, and interact with customers. unlike amazon who just literally ignore all the feedback, and posts you leave on their forum with generic response at best.

yeah it'd be cool if they did in game advertisements as well like the mind zero one in another game I heard about. think it was that vampire stripping ones sequel. all i know is I saw the in game ad for it on a wall and thought that was a pretty nifty.
Sorry for the delayed response, but you reminded me about Mind-0. I didn't hear as many good things about it compared to Demon Gaze myself and went with Demon Gaze in the end. I totally forgot what the vampire stripping game was though.

If the new Gundam game is good, then I will get it depending on the DLC since I'm more tempted to buy a physical copy of Koei games that I truly want even if I miss on the DLC. The same is true of Orochi Ultimate where I haven't bought any DLC for Orochi 3 yet (not knowing if Ultimate would come, etc.).

That's a ways off though. I didn't do much with Gundam 2 yet and I still have Gundam 3 and a good amount of Gundam anime to watch first.

Atelier Escha & Logy is currently on GoHastings site for pre-order for 19.99 + shipping. Free standard shipping if you use the EARLYBIRD code. I don't know if it's for real or if it's a bug. And if it's a bug, if they'll honor it.

http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=9640194&sku=293273567&departmentName=GAME&productVariantId=11955803&quantity=1
Submitted a PM request to Amazon. Not sure I'd buy it even at that price. It is a really pretty game, though.

Gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69gjhb06hCQ

Atelier Escha & Logy is currently on GoHastings site for pre-order for 19.99 + shipping. Free standard shipping if you use the EARLYBIRD code. I don't know if it's for real or if it's a bug. And if it's a bug, if they'll honor it.

http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=9640194&sku=293273567&departmentName=GAME&productVariantId=11955803&quantity=1
Woot can't pass up niche games for around 20 esp new. Getting Witch and the Hundred Nights for the same price...will be a cheap March along with Titanfall PC, which wasn't cheap...:(.

Amazing, ordered one as well, went through, we will see if it ships! Thanks!

if you look for it under the pre-order page where it lists all the coming soon titles, it does say: SALE $19.99, I'm going to take a screenshot of that, just in case.

Damn you... Ordered one. Thanks! I was going to wait on this one but for $20 even if I hate it I guess I could get rid of it easily enough.

Damn you... Ordered one. Thanks! I was going to wait on this one but for $20 even if I hate it I guess I could get rid of it easily enough.
My thoughts exactly I was ready to pass esp since I haven't touched the last one, but for 20 why the hell not plus I'm a fan of the 2 protagonist system like in Atelier Iris 2.

Oh, darn you. I own all of the Atelier games except Ayesha, haven't started any of them, and was planning to wait on Escha & Logy...and I still preordered it. :wall:

Thanks. :razz:

On a somewhat related note, I preordered the Deluxe Edition of a music CD (Nine Inch Nails - "Hesitation Marks") back in August when Gohastings had it erroneously priced at $1.49, and I did get it at release, so they don't cancel all price glitches.

Bit - GoHastings honored a pre-order deal/mistake on LA Noire a few years back, so maybe they'll honor this too.  On the bright side, we won't have to wait long to find out.  ;)  

Thanks for the heads up. I still have a sealed copy of Atelier Ayesha that I haven't gotten around to that I bought last year, but $20 for the sequel was too good to pass up! Hope it doesn't get canceled.

Thanks for the Atelier heads up.  I placed an order.  Target still hasn't canceled my Hundred Knight order, so here's to hoping at least one of the two "deals" gets honored.

Woot can't pass up niche games for around 20 esp new. Getting Witch and the Hundred Nights for the same price...will be a cheap March along with Titanfall PC, which wasn't cheap...:(.
Where did you get Hundred Nights for $20? I'm looking through past pages and can't find anything on it.

I just ordered one. You can't beat $20 for a new release. Normally it takes months for an Atelier game to drop in price let alone a pre-order for $20. 

Where did you get Hundred Nights for $20? I'm looking through past pages and can't find anything on it.
Target had it for $20, Amazon briefly PM'd. Target, per their usual procedure, cancelled everything, but Amazon will honor it.

I know nothing about the Atelier games but that is a tempting deal I gotta say.

What are the odds that GoHastings will honor it? Anyone have experience with this?
I am not sure about something such as this, but I placed an order during one of their 3 for $21 sales and one item was rejected because it was a blu-ray tv series (can't remember what it was at the moment) and they said it was mispriced

Target had it for $20, Amazon briefly PM'd. Target, per their usual procedure, cancelled everything, but Amazon will honor it.

I know nothing about the Atelier games but that is a tempting deal I gotta say.
Ah well that sucks. Hundred Knight looks pretty good, but it's not the type of game I'd pay $50 for. I'm still debating on the Atelier game even though I've never played a single Atelier game.

Soooo disappointed that I did not get in on the Hundred Knight $20 deal... couldn't not bite on this. Having never played an Atelier game before, should I play Atelier Ayesha: Alchemist of Dusk first? Or should I start with the Arland games? I recently saw a thread regarding this but can't seem to track it down now.

oh man so I tried to order the Atelier game from gohastings. It said $19.99 when I was placing my order but right after I completed the order I was charged $54.50. If there a way to cancel

Wait, is there no way to cancel a pre order on gohastings? I don't see a button. Dang it that was my dark souls 2 money.
Well, there's no option for that, but I guess you can call their CS number at (877) 427-8464/HASTINGS. And see if you can work something out. Or e-mail them or something.

Well, there's no option for that, but I guess you can call their CS number at (877) 427-8464/HASTINGS. And see if you can work something out. Or e-mail them or something.
Yeah I shot them an email and they said I would be charged the $54.00 but when it shipped they would credit me the difference back to my account. We shall see how this works out

Soooo disappointed that I did not get in on the Hundred Knight $20 deal... couldn't not bite on this. Having never played an Atelier game before, should I play Atelier Ayesha: Alchemist of Dusk first? Or should I start with the Arland games? I recently saw a thread regarding this but can't seem to track it down now.
If you have to play the Atelier Ayesha. I don't think it matters though, you may kind of miss out a bit on cameos but the story or such wont be hurt. All of these games play very similarly to each other but get better as more come out. I played Totori before playing Rorona and while the system was more Archaic I finally got some cameos and saw the evolution of Rorona to the way she was in Totori. It's interesting but not required at least in the previous trilogy. I'm not 100% sure about the new set of games though.

Is anyone else having problems looking up their old orders on Gohastings.com? Even if I look up one at a time using "My Order Status", I get the same error: "The order number and billing ZIP code you have entered do not match our records. Please try again." :???:

Start with Ayesha. Unlike the other ones, Ayesha is much more flexible in the time limit. Knowing what to know on my 2nd playthrough, I was left with roughly 2~ years of free time to do whatever I wanted after meeting all the requirements to get platinum (You can choose your endings too so you can get platinum on a single save file just reloading). The others are much more strict, Rorona being the strictest ones, Meruru 2nd then Totori somewhat laxed with 1 years free time. A few of the characters from Ayesha also show up in Escha, but older.

Is anyone else having problems looking up their old orders on Gohastings.com? Even if I look up one at a time using "My Order Status", I get the same error: "The order number and billing ZIP code you have entered do not match our records. Please try again." :???:
I just checked my order from today and had no problem looking it up.

I got that error right after I placed my order. But I waited a few minutes and then tried and it pulled up fine.

I just checked my order from today and had no problem looking it up.
I got that error right after I placed my order. But I waited a few minutes and then tried and it pulled up fine.
For whatever reason, I can't look up any of the orders in my Order History; I get the same error message as when I attempt to look up single orders ("The order number and billing ZIP code you have entered do not match our records. Please try again."), which makes no sense since there's no place to enter that information. :wall:

I'm getting the same error. After googling it I saw someone saying this can happen on new orders and normally will fix itself out in time. I dunno if it has anything to do with my account being new. I checked my CC and see that they did a $0 ping to check to see if the card was legit. Hoping that means the order is fine.

I'm getting the same error. After googling it I saw someone saying this can happen on new orders and normally will fix itself out in time. I dunno if it has anything to do with my account being new. I checked my CC and see that they did a $0 ping to check to see if the card was legit. Hoping that means the order is fine.
Well, I've had my account for years and can't even check orders from last year without getting that error. :???:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back