Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he's thinking of when Namco had a 40% off deal on this and it was 59.99. I don't think it ever was 40 bucks. Best deal was when BB had a buy 2 get one free on new games. Buy 3 of them and have the GU discount (though you run the risk of being banned if you bought a copy earlier)
they had multiple percent offs and such deals from october to febuary on pretty much a weekly basis and some even daily on tales of an other games. At one point it hit 60% off. I bought my graces during one of the 20$ sales myself and while worried about the bad word of mouth digital river has I had better service than you get with prime. shipped the same day and delivered the following day at the same time my ni no kuni and valkyria did and in the same type of box they use.

Of course being unlucky as I am I had already bought ni no kuni and xillia when they were 20 and 35 respectively not knowing their values were gonna go to crap :wall:

But yeah the 60% sale included the xillia ce graces f regular xillia and I think ni no kuni abyss and vesperia though abyss was still sold out from the first sale when it went to 20 so it was moot.

another sale they had which included both tos and tox ce's was buy a certain number of games get such and such % off. 45 if you bought 3 or more

To those who have the Dark Souls II CE is it worth it? I got one from Amazon for $75 and am thinking of canceling it if the stuff isn't worth it. I bough the Black Armor Edition for ~$50 and its still sealed so I should be be able to get that money back? Is it worth the extra $20-25? Then again I have the Demon's Souls CE, Dark Souls CE, and both Dark Souls guides. I think I just talked myself into keeping it.
If you had gotten it last week, I would have said "yes" because you could have traded in the game to Best Buy for $40 ($44 GCU) and justified the price a bit more, but the TIV dropped to $30 today. :cry:

It looks like the :360: Black Armor Edition is slightly rarer, and (I'm assuming you have the :ps3: version?) the :ps3: version is still in stock at Amazon. You could sell it around the $50 range if you really want to get rid of it, but I'm not sure if you could go higher.

If you had gotten it last week, I would have said "yes" because you could have traded in the game to Best Buy for $40 ($44 GCU) and justified the price a bit more, but the TIV dropped to $30 today. :cry:

It looks like the :360: Black Armor Edition is slightly rarer, and (I'm assuming you have the :ps3: version?) the :ps3: version is still in stock at Amazon. You could sell it around the $50 range if you really want to get rid of it, but I'm not sure if you could go higher.
the xbox 360 black armor edition is available on bestbuy.com

they had multiple percent offs and such deals from october to febuary on pretty much a weekly basis and some even daily on tales of an other games. At one point it hit 60% off. I bought my graces during one of the 20$ sales myself and while worried about the bad word of mouth digital river has I had better service than you get with prime. shipped the same day and delivered the following day at the same time my ni no kuni and valkyria did and in the same type of box they use.

Of course being unlucky as I am I had already bought ni no kuni and xillia when they were 20 and 35 respectively not knowing their values were gonna go to crap :wall:

But yeah the 60% sale included the xillia ce graces f regular xillia and I think ni no kuni abyss and vesperia though abyss was still sold out from the first sale when it went to 20 so it was moot.

another sale they had which included both tos and tox ce's was buy a certain number of games get such and such % off. 45 if you bought 3 or more
Dude, I know which sale you are talking about. The highest % for the Collector's was 40% before being removed from the Namco store. So the lowest single sale was 59.99 and 55 if you did the BestBuy b2g1+GU discount. I was tempted to pick up a Limited at $35, but I already had it... should have waiting for price drop

A little off topic but I just got my shipment conformation for my Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc LE. I waited 2 weeks after the release date and sent an email to NISA. They said they had 1 copy left and i asked can i buy it. They said yes and are sending me a replacement box as well.

Any word on a CE for Akiba's Trip, and does xseed have a direct store with exclusives like nis does?
I don't think Akiba's Trip 2 had a LE in the JP version (just standard release). Dunno if they'll do a US LE if they can...And yes, I think Xseed has their own store, but with most of their prices in their store for certain titles are a bit high, or on average (most titles around $20). of course that's a given, considering niche titles and all.

For those interested in Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, the Asia Version will come with English Subtitles. A definite plus.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/24/sword-art-online-hollow-fragments-asia-version-will-english-subtitles/

Japan will be getting Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment next month, but those of you looking to import it might want to wait another month, as Bandai Namco Games Taiwan recently announced that their version of the PlayStation Vita title will also include English subtitles.

According to the report, Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment’s Taiwanese version will have Japanese voiceovers, with subtitles in English and traditional Chinese.

The Taiwanese version of Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment will be released on May 29th, 2014, so that means you won’t have to grind out your Japanese skills in order to understand the game, if you wait a little over a month from the Japanese release of April 24, 2014.
Rain is also getting a limited Retail Release with Extras.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/24/rain-will-get-limited-print-run-retail-game-extra-content/

It seems like they are selling Mugen Souls Limited + Figure Set and Limited Edition on sale again for $49.99 & 39.99.

I still haven't picked it up and I know there was a sale like this last time but I'm still not sure.

I think I might get Mugen Souls Z though since its a bit more polished.

But anyway for anyone who might want to pick it up its on the Nis America Store

http://store.nisamerica.com/Exclusives
The figure set was as low as $44.99 in a previous sale.

Just got my Witch CE.  Shipped from Texas but came in a box with bubblewrap inside.  Could have been more bubblewrap but still no damage.

For those interested in Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, the Asia Version will come with English Subtitles. A definite plus.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/24/sword-art-online-hollow-fragments-asia-version-will-english-subtitles/

Rain is also getting a limited Retail Release with Extras.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/24/rain-will-get-limited-print-run-retail-game-extra-content/
Thank you for this! I just pre-ordered Sword Art Online from play-asia. I'll have to keep an eye out for pre-orders on Rain as well.

There is a topic at neogaf about sword art online. Basically namco only states that menu and subtitle are in English , it did not mention if the rest of the game is in English .

Thank you for this! I just pre-ordered Sword Art Online from play-asia. I'll have to keep an eye out for pre-orders on Rain as well.
Watching that SAO Fragment after the announcement as well. Looks like a type of game I want to play, plus you can be romancing party members? I wish more battle games let you do that just to get closer to the characters. I know i'm still playing Toukiden off and on (The story and gameplay have become pretty repetitive for me around the end of chapter 4), and I really wish I could really get to know the team I'm given like choosing to hang out and do activities with them and such. Instead just oh some problem here, bam missions for it, hey i'm here again...woop...that's about it. May is packed for me a bit with Kirby 3DS and Mario Golf 3DS and possibly Mugen Souls Z as well.

There is a topic at neogaf about sword art online. Basically namco only states that menu and subtitle are in English , it did not mention if the rest of the game is in English .
Well, let's just hope for the best. Otherwise, it was all a big tease.

Dammit Taiwan, don't troll me and get me all excited for nothing. :lol:

Just got my Witch CE. Shipped from Texas but came in a box with bubblewrap inside. Could have been more bubblewrap but still no damage.
I thought the amount of bubblewrap was fine since mine came in perfect.

Wow, you guys are getting the game in from NIS before the release?  I'm a little jealous.  I did not even receive my shipping notification yet.  Do they take care of texans first?

Wow, you guys are getting the game in from NIS before the release? I'm a little jealous. I did not even receive my shipping notification yet. Do they take care of texans first?
Got my copy today too (live in Florida), but I never got a shipping notification and my order still says "Pending Fulfillment" on the site. So you might get your order today as well.

Finally got a chance to start playing J Stars, heres some impressions

-Holy crap this game is awesome

-Reminds me of a mix of those Gundam Vs games, and something like Powerstone or Anarchy Reigns

-Japanese everywhere

-Game is way more technical than it looks
I'm glad to see someone likes it, even if I hate it.

Wow, you guys are getting the game in from NIS before the release? I'm a little jealous. I did not even receive my shipping notification yet. Do they take care of texans first?
I don't live in Texas and same thing with the shipping notification.

I am a little nervous about my pre-order of The Witch and the Hundred Knight since I got in on the $20 deal at Target.  No cancellation yet but it is listed as not available online or sold in stores on the website right now.

I am a little nervous about my pre-order of The Witch and the Hundred Knight since I got in on the $20 deal at Target. No cancellation yet but it is listed as not available online or sold in stores on the website right now.
My copy shipped from Amazon today, I was also beginning to think Amazon wasn't going to honor the $20 price point I pre-ordered it for.

This is mighty tempting.

Is this the cheapest this game could get? I have quite a bit in the backlog (including other Tales games) so I'm willing to wait for it to drop more if it will.
If Ni No Kuni can reach 9.99 and 14.99 and Tales of Xilia can reach 19.99, it ToSC can down even lower than 29.99. If you have to play it now, I recommend buying it. If not, just wait. :lol:

This is mighty tempting.

Is this the cheapest this game could get? I have quite a bit in the backlog (including other Tales games) so I'm willing to wait for it to drop more if it will.
It might go as low as 19.99. It took Tales of Xillia about 3 months to get that cheap. If you have GCU you can get it for 23.99 at Best Buy.

Will J Stars get cheaper down the road or should I just get it now to avoid inflated secondary market? I want to get it but I have a nasty backlog on my vita not to mention all my other consoles and my anime backlog.

Will J Stars get cheaper down the road or should I just get it now to avoid inflated secondary market? I want to get it but I have a nasty backlog on my vita not to mention all my other consoles and my anime backlog.
It'll get cheaper. It just came out, so the prices will remain high. It'll get cheaper in a couple of months or in a year, give or take. Look at Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure All Stars for example.

Weird....my Witch and 100 Knights CE shipped 3 days ago, and I just got an email saying it was furfilled today when it arrived

Also the CE is perfect, but the Metallia figure box is pretty torn. Not gonna worry about it

Also boo...looks like NIS has them back in stock. I hope this one doesnt end up like Mugen Soul's, or I'll be pissed that I went through with the order on the hope it remained sold out.

My Witch and the 100 Knight came in perfect condition. Big box, wrapped in bubble wrap.  The nendoroid was separate in the box, unwrapped tho. Hopefully this means they won't ship like they did with Danganronpa any more.

I'm not nuts about this style display box - the same as Time and Eternity and Danganronpa.  I miss the ones like they did with Meruru, Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2, and Mugen Souls.

I nearly canceled too, but hesitated because it was OOS.  Guess it makes sense they are back in stock tho.  Saw a bunch of people mention they were canceling.

I wish they did more boxes like the one the Disgaea D2 CE game in. I love that one so much I put it on my display shelf right behind all my Disgaea figures

Weird....my Witch and 100 Knights CE shipped 3 days ago, and I just got an email saying it was furfilled today when it arrived

Also the CE is perfect, but the Metallia figure box is pretty torn. Not gonna worry about it

Also boo...looks like NIS has them back in stock. I hope this one doesnt end up like Mugen Soul's, or I'll be pissed that I went through with the order on the hope it remained sold out.
I imagine a bunch of resellers backed out after early reviews. Also, I got a bite in mine
BjhAfQECEAAA3A1.jpg
Edit: I contacted support on Monday and received a replacement box Wednesday morning, NISA have pretty great customer service:).

Got my copy today too (live in Florida), but I never got a shipping notification and my order still says "Pending Fulfillment" on the site. So you might get your order today as well.
Got mine today as well (California) but luck lately has been crap. First Amazon and Bravely Default and now this. Not a huge fan either of having to wait for a game just because it's ordered with another game with a different release date.

Really? Wedged, no bubble wrap nothing. Plenty of room on top inside the box. Hell it would have fit in the other box that Witch came in and probably would have fared better.

Got mine today as well (California) but luck lately has been crap. First Amazon and Bravely Default and now this. Not a huge fan either of having to wait for a game just because it's ordered with another game with a different release date.

Really? Wedged, no bubble wrap nothing. Plenty of room on top inside the box. Hell it would have fit in the other box that Witch came in and probably would have fared better.
Damn, that sucks. I would contact them immediately, as that is beyond terrible packaging. It looks like TX has gotten their act together overall, but some knuclehead thought that squeezing this in-between was a good idea(and it wasn't).

Amazon just shipped my $20 price glitch Witch and the Hundred Knights. The price glitch happened months ago so no chance of getting it now if anyone is wondering. I am happy because I wanted to play it but not for anything more than $25 at the most.

Got my copy of 100 Knight CE today in excellent condition. I was surprised that the Nendroid wasn't in the box, but I think I like that better than having a huge game box just because of a figure on my shelf.

Same thing here. Not the first company I've gotten shipping emails from after it arrived. Odd, but not much more than that.

My tracking says it was delivered today. Came home and saw only some magazines and bills for the wife... no game for me. I think I should be concerned about this. First time I've ever had something stating delivered and it was not at my door when I got home. Hopefully it will magically appear tonight.

It'll get cheaper. It just came out, so the prices will remain high. It'll get cheaper in a couple of months or in a year, give or take. Look at Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure All Stars for example.
JoJo is a bad example as that game got horrible reviews due to the free to play crap.

My tracking says it was delivered today. Came home and saw only some magazines and bills for the wife... no game for me. I think I should be concerned about this. First time I've ever had something stating delivered and it was not at my door when I got home. Hopefully it will magically appear tonight.
I've had this happen several times over the last year, and more often than not, my item shows up. I don't know if a neighbor gets them by mistake, or if the USPS/UPS man just marks it as delivered and brings it the next day, but I've had this happen with at least 5 different packages in the last 12 months. I used to get alarmed when it happened, but now not so much.

You should still contact the point of origin and let them know it says "delivered" and you didn't receive it. So at least they can sit another copy aside, or just flat out replace it. It's better to assume it's lost and get a replacement, than to not have it arrive at all.

I think this one might hold its price for a while. It barely costs like 70-80$ to import it on most sites (I only paid 103$ for the Anison). With how well its selling, and the word of mouth from current owners I really don't see it dropping in price.

AmiAmi has been sold out of everything except the Vita Anison version since a few days before release I believe

I think this one might hold its price for a while. It barely costs like 70-80$ to import it on most sites (I only paid 103$ for the Anison). With how well its selling, and the word of mouth from current owners I really don't see it dropping in price.

AmiAmi has been sold out of everything except the Vita Anison version since a few days before release I believe
Which is why I said a couple of months or in a year, give or take. :lol: Two at best.

Which is why I said a couple of months or in a year, give or take. :lol: Two at best.
Community will probably be mostly experienced/super hardcore players by then, with games like this I feel like it'd be easier to get in on the ground floor when everyone is still learning

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back