Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, hoping tomorrow I can get BB:CP if and when GS has it in stock near me, and yes, I'll be getting the LE, so yeah! :3

Anyways, since this is also a deal thread, but silly at the same time, BB:CP will be on digital next week, for reasons why, I dunno. But hey, it comes with Kokonoe DLC and a free theme. You can pre-order it on the PS Store by 2-morrow for $45 without PS+, and about $40 with PS+.

I know this is not the correct thread, but given how the old one was locked and the old group vanished, might as try my luck here. Does anyone have a spare Play-Asia coupon I could use? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: got a code from admiralvic, thank you!

Seeing all those CE's coming damaged in the mail to CAGs makes me feel sad.

The Bravely Default pictures on Amazon were something else too.

Why the heck can't companies use correct boxes and enough bubble wrap/air bags?

It's not really that hard to protect the games if they are given a chance.

Oh no let's just use Dangan Ronpa as padding...

Got my copy today too (live in Florida), but I never got a shipping notification and my order still says "Pending Fulfillment" on the site. So you might get your order today as well.
Same as well. Mine came in at 11:40AM and in shipping box with plenty of bubble wrap. Packing slip has an address from Texas facility and was shipped out on the 21st.

My tracking says it was delivered today. Came home and saw only some magazines and bills for the wife... no game for me. I think I should be concerned about this. First time I've ever had something stating delivered and it was not at my door when I got home. Hopefully it will magically appear tonight.
I've also had this happen quite a few times with USPS. Contacting someone wouldn't hurt but I wouldn't be too alarmed unless you get mail the next day and it's still not there.

Same as well. Mine came in at 11:40AM and in shipping box with plenty of bubble wrap. Packing slip has an address from Texas facility and was shipped out on the 21st.
Still waiting for mine as I live in Canada :(

It's weird though how some come in bubble wrap packing and others come messed up. Yours turned out really nice, unless I can't see dents >.<

I can think of 3 factors for this which are just opinion but seem like a reasonable cause

1. Depends on your shipping method, if you use the cheaper or free one they handle it with less care

2. Maybe it also depends on the country/state its going too which has different shipping ways

3. People who are in charge of packing it have no flow and go all over the place doing it how they want. 1 bubble wraps another uses tissue.

Only factors I can think of for why there is such a huge difference

My tracking says it was delivered today. Came home and saw only some magazines and bills for the wife... no game for me. I think I should be concerned about this. First time I've ever had something stating delivered and it was not at my door when I got home. Hopefully it will magically appear tonight.
Happens to me with like 1 out of every 5 packages from USPS anymore. If you don't get it tomorrow, be concerned. It was probably misscanned.

Thanks all for letting me know that you've experienced the same with good outcomes.  I've submitted a ticket to NISA just to let them know that this happened.  I'll keep an eye out for my package today.  BTW, did Target honor their $20 copy of Witch and Hundred Knight?  I saw a product update saying it would arrive between 3/28 and 4/1.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this still has a shot at being fulfilled.

BTW, did Target honor their $20 copy of Witch and Hundred Knight? I saw a product update saying it would arrive between 3/28 and 4/1. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this still has a shot at being fulfilled.
Still no shipping confirmation here, but no cancellation either.

Some people should be receiving the Witch and the Hundred Knight today if they ordered from Amazon.com with Amazon Prime shipping.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNWck90ZlKs[/youtube]
=O Is this true? My copy just shipped from Play-Asia today. x)

My Witch and the Hundred Knight came a day early, in usual NISA fashion. I also didn't get an email that it had shipped until after I had the box in my hands. Strange.

Also, Deception IV shipped! Hold on wallet, it'll all be over soon.

Edit: Just watched the video. Awesome! PS3 and Vita! :D I hope both have enough interest for physical releases!

Edit2: Physical releases confirmed for PS3 AND Vita! http://blogs.sega.com/2014/03/25/hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-2nd-announced-for-western-release/

Nooooooooooooooooo. My copy is just about to ship from AmiAmi. Ugg...guess i'll enjoy the vita copy i'm getting and get the ps3 later, least i get my laundry bag and little stand *cries a bit*. They could have announced this before the freakin' game came out in Japan....ugg freakin' Sega never fails....late announcements as always. Still happy though.

=O Is this true? My copy just shipped from Play-Asia today. x)

My Witch and the Hundred Knight came a day early, in usual NISA fashion. I also didn't get an email that it had shipped until after I had the box in my hands. Strange.

Also, Deception IV shipped! Hold on wallet, it'll all be over soon.

Edit: Just watched the video. Awesome! PS3 and Vita! :D I hope both have enough interest for physical releases!

Edit2: Physical releases confirmed for PS3 AND Vita! http://blogs.sega.com/2014/03/25/hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-2nd-announced-for-western-release/
YESYESYESYESYESYESYES

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! :whee: :D/ :whee:

Nothing against Project Diva, but WTF. SEGA won't spend the pennies involved in bringing Puyo Tetris over, but they'll invest and put faith into this game?

Does anyone have the direct line to Digital River? I want to call them to cancel my order from the Square store for the Drakenguard SE, since Amazon has it now. Screw them and their shipping charges and their terrible site!!

Nothing against Project Diva, but WTF. SEGA won't spend the pennies involved in bringing Puyo Tetris over, but they'll invest and put faith into this game?
It was quite a hit when they localized Project Diva F for the PS3....not as sure how the Vita version did, so I probably should have seen that they would eventually localize the sequel. I really want that game but Puyo Puyo doesn't seem to have quite that buzz in America anymore, heck I'm still waiting for Yakuza announcements....that may never come but eh. I always have very little faith in Sega localizing games unless they happen to be Sonic games. Just my 2 cents of course though.

It was quite a hit when they localized Project Diva F for the PS3....not as sure how the Vita version did, so I probably should have seen that they would eventually localize the sequel. I really want that game but Puyo Puyo doesn't seem to have quite that buzz in America anymore, heck I'm still waiting for Yakuza announcements....that may never come but eh. I always have very little faith in Sega localizing games unless they happen to be Sonic games. Just my 2 cents of course though.
Come on, Atlus, come on, Atlus, come on, Atlus... :pray:

Does anyone have the direct line to Digital River? I want to call them to cancel my order from the Square store for the Drakenguard SE, since Amazon has it now. Screw them and their shipping charges and their terrible site!!
I only see the standard edition on amazon. Do you by chance have a link?

Very excited about Diva F 2nd, and hopeful they do a promotion if you buy both versions as am torn right now.

Come on, Atlus, come on, Atlus, come on, Atlus... :pray:
Unlike Diva, Puyo Tetris could be localized simply by removing the story mode. It's a puzzle game for crying out loud. It cost nothing to release (almost literally). I really wish someone would pick up Yakuza 1&2 HD collection and 5.... but Atlus would have to hear our silent prayers. No way Sega will even glance over that one.

Nooooooooooooooooo. My copy is just about to ship from AmiAmi. Ugg...guess i'll enjoy the vita copy i'm getting and get the ps3 later, least i get my laundry bag and little stand *cries a bit*. They could have announced this before the freakin' game came out in Japan....ugg freakin' Sega never fails....late announcements as always. Still happy though.
Same with AmiAmi. Although, I just wanted to play this a bit more early. I'll more than likely pick up the west versions seeing as I did the same for PDf. :)

I really wish someone would pick up Yakuza 1&2 HD collection and 5.... but Atlus would have to hear our silent prayers. No way Sega will even glance over that one.
Back then I thought Ryu ga Gotoku was going to release the following year in the west like the other titles. I didn't want to wait though so I got them on release. So worth it. :D Just disappointing that Sega didn't want to bother with those once they focused on Ishin.

Reminder: The demos for Conception II ( :3ds: / :vita:) should be up later today, if they aren't already.
Speaking of, the Vita Demo is out, dunno about 3DS version though.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/conceptionii-children-of-the-seven-stars-demo/cid=UP0005-PCSE00425_00-CONCEPTION2TRIAL

Also, yay for more PD-F overseas, but all talk about that and 100 Knight, and still no one is gonna pick up / shipping or even talking about Blazblue:CP? C'mon guys. >_>

i am def getting project diva f 2 this time, missed the chance last time. it is hard to find now , without paying above msrp price.

Huzzah!!!!!

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/25/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth-1-coming-summer-nis-america/

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 coming this summer. Yesssssssssss! So much Vita love (I'm playing Danganronpa currently too woot) along with the earlier Miku Project Diva F 2nd announcement.
*high-fives you for playing Danganronpa*

I'm definitely in for that, too! Isn't there a Vita remake of Mk2 in Japan? Now that the remake of the first has been announced, I might wait for the second's remake to make it overseas rather than buy Mk2 on :ps3:.

Almost pre-ordered Conception II on a whim today and decided to watch some reviews before I did. Everything says it's pretty damn bleak and full of text... not sure :[

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/conceptionii-children-of-the-seven-stars-demo/cid=UP0005-PCSE00425_00-CONCEPTION2TRIAL

Also, yay for more PD-F overseas, but all talk about that and 100 Knight, and still no one is gonna pick up / shipping or even talking about Blazblue:CP? C'mon guys. >_>
Sorry, I can only handle so much 2d fighting. I'm all Persona 4 Arena and Aquapazza outed. Besides, the last time there was a collector's on Blazblue, the price dropped to 30 bucks within a few months...

Just got my CE. The figure is a nightmare to put together. ~_~

8MRhY17.jpg

UrkJRF5.jpg

was just trying to organize some of my games and noticed something. I guess i never picked up a regular version of Atelier Meruru. I have the CE but dont really plan on opening that. I tried glancing online but it seems GS doesn't have it anymore, and Amazon only has it listed through 3rd party sellers for around 29 bucks. Did it drop much lower than that, or is that about what i should expect to pay for a new one? Not too thrilled with getting it through a 3rd party seller on amazon, ive gotten some crap from them in the past

I am tempted to open the damn CE but i will have to restrain myself. I want that damn Barrel T-shirt, hah.

Awesome news for pdf 2nd!! :D/ I'm super excited that both consoles get physical copies too.

My GS said that my CE won't be there til tomorrow :cry:

was just trying to organize some of my games and noticed something. I guess i never picked up a regular version of Atelier Meruru. I have the CE but dont really plan on opening that. I tried glancing online but it seems GS doesn't have it anymore, and Amazon only has it listed through 3rd party sellers for around 29 bucks. Did it drop much lower than that, or is that about what i should expect to pay for a new one? Not too thrilled with getting it through a 3rd party seller on amazon, ive gotten some crap from them in the past

I am tempted to open the damn CE but i will have to restrain myself. I want that damn Barrel T-shirt, hah.
You know you want to rock that shirt! I would too but it's a L I believe and i'm still more of an XL guy. I remember Meruru going for between 20-30 bucks usually, also don't forget their is the digital only release on Vita if you have one.

Ugh I do not look forward to putting that Rachel figure together. I remember how damn hard putting the Flonne one from Disgaea D2 together was.

Also, I didnt realize they split the DLC's between formats. Terumi if you buy physical, and Kokonoe for digital? (Looks like physical is still the way to go since she will be available next week)

Ugh I do not look forward to putting that Rachel figure together. I remember how damn hard putting the Flonne one from Disgaea D2 together was.

Also, I didnt realize they split the DLC's between formats. Terumi if you buy physical, and Kokonoe for digital? (Looks like physical is still the way to go since she will be available next week)
Yup. I wouldn't say she was as hard as Flonne was, but definitely harder than Etna. However, you might have a better time than I do.

Terumi is definitely better than Kokonoe, since she is widely considered to be IMBA and not tournament legal.

Terumi is definitely better than Kokonoe, since she is widely considered to be IMBA and not tournament legal.
The motion to ban Kokonoe in the US never really took off outside of Socal, and even then, it wasn't serious enough for her to be banned at Socal Regionals. Besides, the 1.1 patch is coming to consoles in a couple of weeks.

Wants blazblue, but history shows a complete version of the game usually comes out (almost like goty) with more characters/story..

On one hand, I knew that pdf 2nd was going to come over soon enough. On the other, WOOOOOOOO my copy is shipping but won't come for some time. Feel kinda torn between this announcement as I am feeling happy that SEGA decided to bring it over, but what is with the announcement on the day of release? Could have said something sooner. Whatever vita now and ps3 later.

On one hand, I knew that pdf 2nd was going to come over soon enough. On the other, WOOOOOOOO my copy is shipping but won't come for some time. Feel kinda torn between this announcement as I am feeling happy that SEGA decided to bring it over, but what is with the announcement on the day of release? Could have said something sooner. Whatever vita now and ps3 later.
Probably trying to ride the hype of PDf2nd releasing. I'm fine with it since along with my JPN Vita version I'll be picking up both the PS3 and Vita versions

Still waiting for mine as I live in Canada :(

It's weird though how some come in bubble wrap packing and others come messed up. Yours turned out really nice, unless I can't see dents >.<

I can think of 3 factors for this which are just opinion but seem like a reasonable cause

1. Depends on your shipping method, if you use the cheaper or free one they handle it with less care

2. Maybe it also depends on the country/state its going too which has different shipping ways

3. People who are in charge of packing it have no flow and go all over the place doing it how they want. 1 bubble wraps another uses tissue.

Only factors I can think of for why there is such a huge difference
Mine was the free shipping so I say its between 2 and 3. plus no dents on mine at all. Hope yours comes out nice as mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back