Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
They'll eventually add it (most likely). I did notice prior, as I have been paying attention as well, that they are pretty late when it comes to adding Vita games. Heck, I remember Toukiden didn't come up until a week before release!

Check closer to release. I ordered Deception IV through BB but it didn't hit their site until a few weeks before the game came out.
Oh yeah true. I think I preordered Toukiden two weeks before release and Deception IV a week before.

I just never see Vita games published by Aksys being sold by BB. I don't recall them ever carrying BlazBlue, Sorcery Saga or Muramasa. Hope I'm wrong and the new preorders pop up in the next few weeks.

Anyone here play FFX HD yet? Wondering how brutal the platnium is to get because that is one game I feel like I want to try.
"Perseverance (Gold Trophy) - Defeat Penance"

...Based on what I've watched on fighting Penance, I'm going to go with pretty dang brutal. :fridge:

Anyone here play FFX HD yet? Wondering how brutal the platnium is to get because that is one game I feel like I want to try.
I think the trophies involve a bit of grinding, but they are not necessarily that difficult. Some of the trophies involve fighting the bosses exclusive to the international version, and they are a bit of a challenge the first time you fight them if you have never fought them before.

if there's a trophy involving the lightning dodge that will probably be the biggest issue thanks to input delay and whatever.  still up in the air whether its the tv being used or the port my money is on the port as I got it fine on the ps2 version.

if there's a trophy involving the lightning dodge that will probably be the biggest issue thanks to input delay and whatever. still up in the air whether its the tv being used or the port my money is on the port as I got it fine on the ps2 version.
There is, for dodging 200 of them and getting the reward for doing so.

"Perseverance (Gold Trophy) - Defeat Penance"

...Based on what I've watched on fighting Penance, I'm going to go with pretty dang brutal. :fridge:
If that's the worst one I need to worry about then it should just be a matter of how much do I really wanna grind for the platinum. I played SMT games so I think while this seems extremely challenging, I know what I am up against.

[quote name="shadowysea07" post="11656127" timestamp="1396279790"]if there's a trophy involving the lightning dodge that will probably be the biggest issue thanks to input delay and whatever. still up in the air whether its the tv being used or the port my money is on the port as I got it fine on the ps2 version.[/quote] Took me awhile to figure out why I was having a hard time dodging any lightning in the HD version but apparently my TV has a game mode you have to turn on or there is just too much delay to even make it possible. It is just weird how this is the first time I ever had to turn it on because I have never had a problem with any other game that involved small window timed button presses.

Took me awhile to figure out why I was having a hard time dodging any lightning in the HD version but apparently my TV has a game mode you have to turn on or there is just too much delay to even make it possible. It is just weird how this is the first time I ever had to turn it on because I have never had a problem with any other game that involved small window timed button presses.
Nice avatar. "Hey, Sion, when's your birthday?" I know they won't but wish that Square would make a sequel to The Bouncer lol

Play Asia has Disgaea D2 w/ soundtrack & art print $26.99 w/ free shipping

http://www.play-asia.com/disgaea-d2-a-brighter-darkness-comes-with-free-bonus-2-cds-offic-paOS-13-49-en-70-63tl.html

Dragon's Crown for the Vita is $25.99 w/ free shipping

http://www.play-asia.com/dragons-crown-paOS-13-49-en-70-4swx.html
I was annoyed that I missed out on the $20 used Disgaea D2 from gamefly but now I am happy I got the game + cd's new for $27. Thanks! Plus it's the US version.

Also Amazon should learn from play asia. 50 cents for a box. I would easily pay Amazon the 50 cents or a buck for a goddamn box on these CE's.

Play Asia has Disgaea D2 w/ soundtrack & art print $26.99 w/ free shipping

http://www.play-asia.com/disgaea-d2-a-brighter-darkness-comes-with-free-bonus-2-cds-offic-paOS-13-49-en-70-63tl.html

Dragon's Crown for the Vita is $25.99 w/ free shipping

http://www.play-asia.com/dragons-crown-paOS-13-49-en-70-4swx.html
Has a Vita Disgaea D2 been announced for the west? I really prefer these games on the Vita, but don't want to pass on this if that isn't happening.

Thanks, I have seen the announcement for Disgaea 4 and was hoping that something similar with D2 had been announced. Doesn't seem that it has yet.

Thanks, I have seen the announcement for Disgaea 4 and was hoping that something similar with D2 had been announced. Doesn't seem that it has yet.
look at the disgaea d2 release date... add 3 years, that is when you can expect the vita version as that has been the past trend for the most part with the other games.

NIS America To Publish Natural Doctrine On PS3, PS4 And Vita
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/01/nis-america-publish-natural-doctrine-ps3-ps4-vita/

Natural Doctrine will be available this Fall in North America and Europe. The game will support Cross-Save functionality across all three systems.
This looks interesting.

thanks, i read that it played like xcom enemy unknown, and Valkyria Chronicles. i hope that is true.
Plays like Valkyria Chronicles?! Sold! Never played xcom enemy unknown.

This looks interesting.

Plays like Valkyria Chronicles?! Sold! Never played xcom enemy unknown.
here is a gameplay video of it, so judge for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5DBGjHGGT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEznPupaq7E

It does indeed look like Valkyria Chronicles mechanics, only a bit more technical. Count me in!

What is the general consensus on Disgaea 3 for PS3? Worth a buy for $15 or no?
Best in the series, in my opinion. The characters and voiceovers are overall much better than in the other games-- the writing can be pretty funny, and there are fewer whiny characters than in the other games. I think Disgaea 4 has slightly better mechanics overall, since they added some nice new features such as online integration, but #3 is still my favorite overall.

But if you have a Vita, I'd go for the Vita version instead, unless you want to make use of a duplication glitch which only exists in the unpatched PS3 version.

NIS America To Publish Natural Doctrine On PS3, PS4 And Vita
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/01/nis-america-publish-natural-doctrine-ps3-ps4-vita/

Natural Doctrine will be available this Fall in North America and Europe. The game will support Cross-Save functionality across all three systems.
Christ, that better be the Vita versions in the videos. Because that game looks pretty bad graphics wise. To be fair looks fun as shit and I will defiantly be checking it out.

Quick question, is the Drakengard 3 LE still limited to 5,000 copies?
The CE is still limited to 5,000 and is probably oos. I remember there was a restock a week back, but that's probably gone as well.

If you're still interested in Drakengard 3, but not the CE, Amazon has it up for Pre Order, as does Play-Asia. (If you don't want to pay the $10 Shipping from SE)

The CE is still limited to 5,000 and is probably oos. I remember there was a restock a week back, but that's probably gone as well.

If you're still interested in Drakengard 3, but not the CE, Amazon has it up for Pre Order, as does Play-Asia. (If you don't want to pay the $10 Shipping from SE)
i am not that interested in the CE, especially not from DR. i will take the vanilla/regular edition from amazon.

Ok cool, thanks. I didn't know if I wanted to cancel my pre order or not. It makes me feel better after spending so much up front if it is actually limited then, :p

Ok cool, thanks. I didn't know if I wanted to cancel my pre order or not. It makes me feel better after spending so much up front if it is actually limited then, :p
I cancelled my order and regret it now. It's always a little sweeter to know for a fact you have an actual LE of a game and not one that says LE, but it 1 or 1,000,000 units.

Guys, remember the Persona 4 listing for PS3 that appeared on ESRB.org? It looks like it might be releasing on April 8th. I found this out by looking closely at the final message in their latest email for Devil Summoner on PSN:

"Plus, did you all see this[SIZE=11pt]? Boy, I bet [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]y[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]ou wo[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]uld s[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]u[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]re like to [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]k[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]now wh[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]a[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]t day it's coming out....[/SIZE]"

I noticed that for some reason, several of the letters in the second sentence are bold or italicized. Staring closely at them for a few seconds reveals the letters "y", "o", "u", "k", and "a" are the standouts--the word "youka" in Japanese translates to "the eighth (day of the month)". That's a Tuesday, so it's a strong likelihood P4 will appear on PSN then (whether the original or a port of P4G is unknown, though it's probably the former).

Forgive me if this is well known already (I'll admit that I don't have time to keep up with all of the future game announcements these days), but WHEN THE HELL  was Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed announced for PS3! Last I knew of any Akiba's Trip game was on the PSP. SO getting this day 1! :whee:

Good news to the P4 ps3 version.

I only played P4 for ps2 so I just wanted to ask, is there anything in the original P4 that isn't in P4G?

Oh man, that's really cool. Anyone know if the soundtrack will include all of the music in the game or is it just a sampler? I'm assuming it will include it all since it's two discs, but I also assumed that when I opened my PS2 copy of Persona 3: FES and was disappointed.

Speaking of Persona...

Guys, remember the Persona 4 listing for PS3 that appeared on ESRB.org? It looks like it might be releasing on April 8th. I found this out by looking closely at the final message in their latest email for Devil Summoner on PSN:

"Plus, did you all see this[SIZE=11pt]? Boy, I bet [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]y[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]ou wo[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]uld s[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]u[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]re like to [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]k[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]now wh[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]a[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]t day it's coming out....[/SIZE]"

I noticed that for some reason, several of the letters in the second sentence are bold or italicized. Staring closely at them for a few seconds reveals the letters "y", "o", "u", "k", and "a" are the standouts--the word "youka" in Japanese translates to "the eighth (day of the month)". That's a Tuesday, so it's a strong likelihood P4 will appear on PSN then (whether the original or a port of P4G is unknown, though it's probably the former).
Oh my god, that would be awesome. Especially if it's the P4G version as I don't have a Vita. I still have the original PS2 version unopened and was looking to buy a used copy to play, so this would certainly help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back