Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aukey, i am always a pm away. :lol:

Just want to make sure I don't miss out on this, the class for heroes preorder isn't up yet right? I just see the email sign up thing still
That sign up thing is the intend to buy. Cloyd said pre sale will start in a few days. So hurry and reply to the email5

So I don't know if it was mentioned in here but both hyrule warriors and the new wiiu xenoblade are able to be preordered on bestbuy with gamers club unlocked now... I did so last night.

Question: I have a Mario Kart 8 preorder at Gamestop ($50+ paid off) that I plan on transferring to Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (just in case Best Buy doesn't carry it), but I'm not sure which system to choose.

I like the on-the-go aspect of the Vita version, but the PS3 version would be consistent with my playing the first game on PS3 and there's something cool about owning a physical rhythm game like that on a home console. Then again, there's a $10 price difference between the two.

Any thoughts?

Question: I have a Mario Kart 8 preorder at Gamestop ($50+ paid off) that I plan on transferring to Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (just in case Best Buy doesn't carry it), but I'm not sure which system to choose.

I like the on-the-go aspect of the Vita version, but the PS3 version would be consistent with my playing the first game on PS3 and there's something cool about owning a physical rhythm game like that on a home console. Then again, there's a $10 price difference between the two.

Any thoughts?
Vita TV.

Any thoughts?
Someone told me that there is a noticeable input lag with the ps3 version (they have both of them). Also the touch stuff esp in the 2nd one is likely easier on the Vita (I have the 2nd one on the vita). The graphics are likely nicer on the PS3. It's your choice.

Also I don't think the Vita TV is compatible with it (saw it somewhere that project diva f isn't compatible)...so yes.

I'm not interested in that, thanks.

Someone told me that there is a noticeable input lag with the ps3 version (they have both of them). Also the touch stuff esp in the 2nd one is likely easier on the Vita (I have the 2nd one on the vita). The graphics are likely nicer on the PS3. It's your choice.
I recall hearing some people with certain TV types having input lag problems with the first Project Diva F on PS3--is this a similar problem? I didn't encounter anything like that when I played the first one.

Can the Vita version be played with just buttons/sticks like the PS3 version, or is the touch stuff mandatory? I would prefer the former.

Any thoughts?
PS3, you will have to calibrate the game for your TV's input lag. Also, loading times are faster when installed to HDD.

Can the Vita version be played with just buttons/sticks like the PS3 version, or is the touch stuff mandatory? I would prefer the former.
Its been awhile since I played after the plat, but I think you are able to set the 'star notes' to react to the vita joysticks in the options.

The input lag won't be from the game itself, but from your AV setup. Most HDTV's have more input lag than you'd expect numerically, but only enough for most people to notice in rhythm games.

If your TV is fast, you'll be fine. Especially if you didn't have any problems with the first game.

Unfortunately there isn't a super easy way to tell if your TV is laggy. Some people say Plasmas are the best, but it's not necessarily true. The problem isn't from the "response time" or "Refresh rate", but rather from video processing the TV does before displaying an image. This processing can take much longer than the raw pixel response time.

Turning on game mode is a good way to minimize your TV's lag, but some TV's are still pretty high even with it on.

This is an excellent database to use for reference if they have your display or you're shopping for a new one.

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

(you can click the drop-down "display" button to filter by HDTV's only, as to cut out monitors)

I have the TV that's number one on this list and it's freaking amazing. The first time I played DDR on it I got a AAA on a Heavy song, which I hadn't done in a while.

If your TV isn't on the list and you want to measure it: Do you have Rock Band 2 or any later iteration + one of the guitar controllers with the tiny camera built into it for auto calibration?

If so, run Rock Band's autocalibration and it'll tell you the delay of your TV in ms. Project Diva also has delay settings on PS3, and the numbers correlate to milliseconds as well.

PS3, you will have to calibrate the game for your TV's input lag. Also, loading times are faster when installed to HDD.

Its been awhile since I played after the plat, but I think you are able to set the 'star notes' to react to the vita joysticks in the options.
As I said, I didn't have any input lag issues with my TV when playing the first game, so assuming this is the same kind of problem, I suppose I shouldn't have any trouble. Thanks.

I didn't have any input lag on mine either I believe for Project Diva F. In Project Diva F 2nd there is a new type of tracing type for the star, and I believe it should be easier on the Vita's screen. You should be fine with either version though.

People are just spoiled on the voice acting. :lol:
Gosh dern kids these days... back in my day, we didn't even HAVE voice acting... and you had these things called "save points", there was no auto-save... and if you didn't have enough space on your memory card you had to decide which 100+ hour game file had to die to make room. GIT OFF MAH LAWN!

Sometimes, I'd still take 'Save Points' over 'Auto Saving' even if the latter seems to be the new thing and isn't horrible to use. Unless it was in Dark on Xbox 360 or Bioshock Infinite where they'd save every single individual chapter/part over the other individual chapter/part so I'd run out of room fast. Never got around to getting a hard drive for my Arcade 360 so I played 120+ 360 games all on the System Memory. Granted, I had to remove some stuff to allow myself to play more stuff. Whilst I don't need English voice acting In Tales of Heart R I'll still get it regardless but I hope the subtitles are done like in the Yakuza series so I don't end up missing out on anything if the action in the cut scenes end up being fast paced or not. 

Or if there's like someone said earlier about another game with a White Background versus White Subtitles. I am a speed reader but the last time I watched anything in Japanese/Subtitles was the first 20 episodes of Bleach and that was when it first started to air on Cartoon Network and I just wanted to watch more. Playing the first season of the Walking Dead on the PS3 some of those subtitled color fonts were pretty glaring to look at. Mainly, the red colored font. Regardless, I'll still play Tales of Heart R but that's been my experience in the past. I don't expect English voice acting, nor do I actually need it, it's just nice to have. The last time I watched something foreign/subtitled was a Bollywood movie and I could at least handle that. 

Nice to see all the SMT games on PSN. Now to wait for the inevitable Atlus sale and pick them all up on the cheap. The only one I remember playing was Nocturne (the one with Dante from DMC).

my bad. forgot about aksys for a moment there. :lol: I don't know why, but I thought ATLUS. 

Huh? I only see that you'll get $10 back if you're a SYWR member, with no mention of $30. :???:
My bad was sleepy last night when I was typing it up. You'll need to log in your shop your way membership and load up any coupons you have ie $ points for a purchase. I got $20 on top of the $10 from a coupon of buy $50 storewide and get $20 back. So I got $30 coming my way once it ships.

I'm guessing NISA/Aksys...
This game has nisa written all over it haha If this gets a physical ps3 release I won't be able to pass it up lol

Friendly reminder folks: Shin megami tensei IV, Code of Princess, Soul Hackers (all Atlus 3ds) and Disgaea D2 (ps 3) are all 19.99 or less at Gamestop!

Looks like Persona Q is somehow Canon to the series but they want to keep it a secret until later. I have a feeling Persona 5 (as the setting is suppose to be in college) will have alot of these characters returning in one way or form. I just hope they give a decent amount of new characters as well if they are going to do that.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/20/persona-q-shadow-labyrinths-story-canon/
Persona Q:

Mind wipe and time travel.

Persona 5 is in high school. It's already confirmed by the series director.

NIS America to launch European online store

NIS America will launch its own European online store on July 1, the Hyperdimension Neptunia and Disgaea publisher announced.

European fans will soon have the opportunity to purchase the same limited editions released in North America.

When the store launches next Tuesday, the following limited editions will be available for pre-order:

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PS Vita)
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (PS Vita)
Fairy Fencer F (PS3)
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth ‘The Wild Cards’ Edition (3DS)

NIS America to launch European online store

NIS America will launch its own European online store on July 1, the Hyperdimension Neptunia and Disgaea publisher announced.

European fans will soon have the opportunity to purchase the same limited editions released in North America.

When the store launches next Tuesday, the following limited editions will be available for pre-order:

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PS Vita)
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (PS Vita)
Fairy Fencer F (PS3)
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth ‘The Wild Cards’ Edition (3DS)
Sweet.

Seems like Reviewer didn't even bother replaying it after the first time, according to her comment.
For what it's worth, I've been having a great time with Drakengard 3, though I'm now one of the many that has a hard time with the last boss. I've tried about a dozen times and can typically make it through to the sixth phase (One) without issue.

Between that, leveling the weapons and finishing up the last two arena matches I'll have the platinum. The only reason I haven't leveled up all of the weapons is because I need to unlock the ability to purchase Black material. >_<

It's an english reviewer. English reviews for any jrpg never go above 8. A 6 is like good. They give garbage games like Battlefield 3 a 9.25, calling those games innovations but its literally usually the exact same shooter, weapons and controls as the previous game but in a new map. Hell, every release of Call of Duty gets a 8 of higher automatically despite it having literally no difference from the previous game other than new maps. Have to look at japanese reviews when it comes to japanese games. 

I found DG3 to be fun. The lag was atrocious tho but fun enough for me to push into getting plat on it. Prob would have been a fast plat too if I didn't get incredibly bored grinding money for the weapon upgrade trophy. 

Edit: Just looked at the review and I can tell the person didn't even finish the game. The complaints don't even make much sense since your ranged attacks are like 100% accurate when targeting someone and attackers are almost always in front of you so you can easily see enemies attacking you (On rare instances you get ganked from back, you're obviously not suppose to see them coming and have to be mobile and look around). 

Game Informer is notorious for hating jrpgs btw.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back