Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it's meh I'd rather not see more remakes in the series though 2 was likely my favorite of the original trilogy (I also liked 3 but that was because it was a bit easier and I got through it at a steady pace).
I like dungeon crawlers, especially those with a hardcore approach. I just detest Nintendo's gimmicky approach to hardware the past few generations. :(

I hope I get the #1 copy of CoH2G, so I can open it and upset sealed collectors everywhere, some other guy will always be quicker though on the internet.  

I hope I get the #1 copy of CoH2G, so I can open it and upset sealed collectors everywhere
MIj6o.gif

I like dungeon crawlers, especially those with a hardcore approach. I just detest Nintendo's gimmicky approach to hardware the past few generations. :(
But the mapping is what sets EO aside from other dungeon cralwers. It'd be a pain on Vita to keep having to switch between map and field.

But the mapping is what sets EO aside from other dungeon cralwers. It'd be a pain on Vita to keep having to switch between map and field.
Eh. The Vita's resolution is so much higher, and the screen so much bigger, that you could easily put a mini-map in the corner and then toggle for full map. Or have a semi-transparent map overlay like Diablo started doing almost 20 years ago and many games have borrowed since (I'm assuming Diablo did it first--first I know.)

Eh. The Vita's resolution is so much higher, and the screen so much bigger, that you could easily put a mini-map in the corner and then toggle for full map. Or have a semi-transparent map overlay like Diablo started doing almost 20 years ago and many games have borrowed since (I'm assuming Diablo did it first--first I know.)
You don't... actually know much about EO's maps, do you. A minimap won't work for EO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xov7QHW8jww

Strange Journey might work on the Vita, but EO definitely won't.

There's plenty of Vita dungeon crawlers out anyways. Conception II, Demon's Gaze, and Mind=Zero just recently. If you go back to the PSP catalog, there's Class of Heroes, Elminage, Unchained Blade...

You don't... actually know much about EO's maps, do you. A minimap won't work for EO.

There's plenty of Vita dungeon crawlers out anyways. Conception II, Demon's Gaze, and Mind=Zero just recently. If you go back to the PSP catalog, there's Class of Heroes, Elminage, Unchained Blade...
I've played EO. The minimap would work fine for viewing the existing map. Not for editing the map, of course, but the toggle works fine for that. It's really not much different from the 3DS if you toggle; with the 2DS/3DS you have to quit exploring and start pick start clicking on the map screen anyway. Being able to edit the map while seeing the dungeon isn't that big of a deal.

I do have CoH. Haven't gotten to it yet. The Vita ones are all too expensive still, so I'm waiting on those. Also hoping for a sale on Elminage and Unchained Blades, but no luck so far. Right now they're $15 and $20, which is a bit too high for my tastes.

I've played EO. The minimap would work fine for viewing the existing map. Not for editing the map, of course, but the toggle works fine for that. It's really not much different from the 3DS if you toggle; with the 2DS/3DS you have to quit exploring and start pick start clicking on the map screen anyway. Being able to edit the map while seeing the dungeon isn't that big of a deal.
No, you don't. I draw multiple walls while I move all the time.

I hope I get the #1 copy of CoH2G, so I can open it and upset sealed collectors everywhere, some other guy will always be quicker though on the internet.
Lol, roughly thumb through the pages of the manual like you're shuffling stiff playing card. Then show the disk while purposely putting fingerprints on the data side. Finish it off by putting your initials on the case so everyone knows its yours.

They're never on time. At least there's a month to order, but I'd rather get my order in immediately so I can forget about it for a while.

Any word how much the PSN version would be? I'm trying to curb my LE spending habits but if the digital release will be $30 or more this seems like a good investment.

Hmm looks like they are having issues with Amazon Payments.  According to the forums the first few hundred orders were in sandbox mode and don't count, and people may need to re order.  I checked my email and order number and get this message at the top -

"Important Messages

You cannot give feedback for an order in the Sandbox."

So I'm guessing my order was one that didn't count.  Hopefully there is a way for him to reach out to people so they know for sure.

Hmm looks like they are having issues with Amazon Payments. According to the forums the first few hundred orders were in sandbox mode and don't count, and people may need to re order. I checked my email and order number and get this message at the top -

"Important Messages

You cannot give feedback for an order in the Sandbox."

So I'm guessing my order was one that didn't count. Hopefully there is a way for him to reach out to people so they know for sure.
Oh wow, thank you for pointing this out. I had to order again, as I was in the sandbox.

This has been posted on the gaijinworks.com site

NOTE:IF YOU ORDERED BETWEEN 12:00 and 12:30PM PST TODAY CHECK YOUR EMAIL RECEIPT FOR THE TERM "Amazon Sandbox". DUE TO A GLITCH, THE INITIAL ORDERS WERE ROUTED TO A TEST BIN AND ARE NOT REAL - THEY WILL HAVE TO BE RE-PLACED.  SANDBOX ORDERS WILL NOT ACTUALLY CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD. YOU CAN CANCEL YOUR SANDBOX ORDER IF YOU WANT TO, BUT SINCE THEY'RE NOT REAL, THEY WILL DROP OFF AUTOMATICALLY IN A FEW WEEKS.

Class of Heroes 2G Limited Edition for PlayStation 3 Physical Edition PRESALE OPEN NOW!

This has been posted on the gaijinworks.com site

NOTE:IF YOU ORDERED BETWEEN 12:00 and 12:30PM PST TODAY CHECK YOUR EMAIL RECEIPT FOR THE TERM "Amazon Sandbox". DUE TO A GLITCH, THE INITIAL ORDERS WERE ROUTED TO A TEST BIN AND ARE NOT REAL - THEY WILL HAVE TO BE RE-PLACED. SANDBOX ORDERS WILL NOT ACTUALLY CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD. YOU CAN CANCEL YOUR SANDBOX ORDER IF YOU WANT TO, BUT SINCE THEY'RE NOT REAL, THEY WILL DROP OFF AUTOMATICALLY IN A FEW WEEKS.

Class of Heroes 2G Limited Edition for PlayStation 3 Physical Edition PRESALE OPEN NOW!
My receipt says 12:27pm (PST) and I only see one mention of 'sandbox'

"Have questions about this order? Please click here to contact the seller.To learn more about managing your Amazon Payments orders, please visit our help pages at https://payments-sandbox.amazon.com"

My receipt says 12:27pm (PST) and I only see one mention of 'sandbox'

"Have questions about this order? Please click here to contact the seller.To learn more about managing your Amazon Payments orders, please visit our help pages at https://payments-sandbox.amazon.com"
You probably need to order again, unfortunately. That's the same thing mine said. The link is payments.amazon.com there for a valid order.

You can double-check by going to payments.amazon.com and seeing if you have a charge there. If you do, then it might be okay. But if you don't have any activity you almost definitely need to reorder.

love to see Elminage for 2.50 some day

mind zero is just awful for 40 maybe 20 (picked it up dirt cheap already cart only) still trying to figure out what imgoing wrong

PSP games across the board should get better sales or decrease in price in general, IMO. There's quite a few that are still at the $15-20 point. I'm a little curious as to how well those sell, and if Sony has even tried pushing the publishers into price drops. Those games that are that high generally go on sale infrequently as well, so it may be the publishers aren't that involved or agressive in general, which is a shame.

I'm still hoping for another NIS sale. There hasn't been one since 2011 and that was actually a really bad sale. There's a number of games I'd grab in a heartbeat with decent prices. 

PSP games across the board should get better sales or decrease in price in general, IMO. There's quite a few that are still at the $15-20 point. I'm a little curious as to how well those sell, and if Sony has even tried pushing the publishers into price drops. Those games that are that high generally go on sale infrequently as well, so it may be the publishers aren't that involved or agressive in general, which is a shame.

I'm still hoping for another NIS sale. There hasn't been one since 2011 and that was actually a really bad sale. There's a number of games I'd grab in a heartbeat with decent prices.
games i would love to see around 5 each

Lunar

heroes trail in sky

fate extra

Ragnarok: Tactics

ClaDun x2

Jeanne d'Arc
disgaea 1 and 2

I'm a little unsure at 54 bucks for Class of Heroes 2 PS3...at 40ish I was ready to bite but that is a little high...I'm just unsure...
I'm a slave to the LEs, so I snagged it mostly because I love collecting and the digital release will be about$30-$0 on release. Of course, who's to say it won't drop to $15 within a month. I just love the idea of a very limited run.

Just an FYI guys the reason for the higher price is for the guaranteed physical low print run. Originally it went up for $40 during the interest poll but sorry to say we wouldn't have had a physical release at all given the poll had less than half of what was hoped for. It took awhile but an agreement was made to the $50+ price due to only producing as many copies as there are orders. Some of you might be skeptical of this but I can assure you that you won't be finding this for less than $50 anywhere.

What's funny is that I saw people this weekend holding signs that said that on the corner next to my best buy :lol:

knowing bestbuy, i am going to put a preorder at gamestop just in case. seeing what they did with atelier rorona plus

knowing bestbuy, i am going to put a preorder at gamestop just in case. seeing what they did with atelier rorona plus
That's true, though you can wait to put in the GS preorder until just before the release date since they won't delist it like Best Buy might.

Same here. Also the one Nisa release on Steam I want(Cladun x2) has never been on sale. Not paying $20 for it. (not sure if Clan of Champions has ever been on sale, not interested in that)

Same here. Also the one Nisa release on Steam I want(Cladun x2) has never been on sale. Not paying $20 for it. (not sure if Clan of Champions has ever been on sale, not interested in that)
You can get it cheaper from Gamestop. Not much, but a little. It's $15 there.

http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/cladun-x2/93220

Actually PSP NIS games pretty much across the board are cheaper on GS. Disgaea, Disgaea 2, Prinny 2 are $5 off. Prinny 1 is $2 off. Disgaea Infinite is $7 off. Phantom Brave and Cladun both used to be cheaper on GS, but PSN dropped their prices and now are the same. Oddly enough I can no longer find ZHP on PSN, though GS still sells it.

I believe the reason for this is that in the 2011 NIS sale GS matched the prices, then while PSN went back up, GS never did. Kinda odd situation.

I'm a little unsure at 54 bucks for Class of Heroes 2 PS3...at 40ish I was ready to bite but that is a little high...I'm just unsure...
Had I known they were doing this, I would not have purchased it on my PSP. Oh well, better I didnt anyway. I did not understand the first game enough and I felt the "random" maps really weren't that random. I felt like too much of my time was spent gathering items to craft and not having enough money most of the time. Good luck to everyone who is getting in on CoH2G.

Neptunia Re;Birth1 finally got a release date. North America August 26th and Europe August 27th.

Also new trailer.

Color me excited.
Looks like another game this summer that will make my wallet lighter. I platinumed Hyperdiminsion Neptunia Mk2, now I wonder if I should Platinum Victory or wait and play Victory after this one.

You can get it cheaper from Gamestop. Not much, but a little. It's $15 there.

http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/cladun-x2/93220

Actually PSP NIS games pretty much across the board are cheaper on GS. Disgaea, Disgaea 2, Prinny 2 are $5 off. Prinny 1 is $2 off. Disgaea Infinite is $7 off. Phantom Brave and Cladun both used to be cheaper on GS, but PSN dropped their prices and now are the same. Oddly enough I can no longer find ZHP on PSN, though GS still sells it.

I believe the reason for this is that in the 2011 NIS sale GS matched the prices, then while PSN went back up, GS never did. Kinda odd situation.
just a little side note, the version you linked for cladun x2 is the psp version.

Atelier Rorona Plus is in PSN store for 39.99 and labeled as PS Vita and PS3 with the cross-buy description in the game details. Either this is very horribly labeled and should warrant a refund if not true or Sony is just evil cause there is a PS3 version for 49.99 ._.

Atelier Rorona Plus is in PSN store for 39.99 and labeled as PS Vita and PS3 with the cross-buy description in the game details. Either this is very horribly labeled and should warrant a refund if not true or Sony is just evil cause there is a PS3 version for 49.99 ._.
Hard to tell also why does the store have a separate ps3 and vita entry with no details....and yes it has that weird dual one for 39.99 and the PS3 only version for 49.99. Stupid store listings easily...likely some glitch.

Edit: According to someone on the Playstation blog when buying the 39.99 version you only get the Vita download...so very likely mislabeled. I think in their system it messed up as the DLC I believe is labeled as the PS3 version, though the DLC is for both versions....yeah Sony messed up good in that listing.

Regarding Rorona Plus, only the costumes are cross buy between platforms, not the actual game. However, it does have cross save between Vita and PS3. Either way, the Sony listings are confusing.

Does anyone know of a web-tool like Enhanced Steam that's a little more broad and good for wishlists?

Currently I just plop stuff into an Amazon wishlist. It'd be cool to have something that could show real-time prices for multiple sources as I browse through it.

A little off-topic, but I thought it might be a good place to ask. :D

Hi, I hope some of you can help me. I'm looking for a suggestion or suggestions to help ease into playing Japanese games. 

I have Folklore, Ni no Kuni, Final Fantasy X / X-2, and Valkyria Chronicles.

I've only played Folklore and I unfortunately lost my save data, so I haven't gone back to it in awhile. I Loved the style and atmosphere of the game, yet I don't remember it having a compelling story, besides GHOSTS(?). I've also started, and not finished, some SNES, NES, and GBA games.  

Here is a current list of games I plan on getting from highest to lowest priority:
Odin Sphere

Legend of Dragoon

Legend of Mana

Little King's Story

Xenogears

FF9

Suikoden

LuNar

Drakengard 3

Siren Blood Curse

Parasite Eve 

Nier

Dragon's Crown

Tales of Xillia

Disgaea (3, 4)

Yakuza (3, 4, dead souls)

Consoles: PS3, PSP, WiiU, DS, 360

I was thinking about finishing what I have then moving onto Legend of Mana because it looks so pretty.

Oh, and I'm keeping an eye on the PSN deals thread, so I'll probably buy those PS2 classics.

So, any opinions that you ya'll have, and would be willing to share with me, on these games or others would be nice. 

ff10 is good gameplay wise. its only as hard or easy as you want it to be.  Easier if you just use summons alot and ap multipliers 3x over drive then over drive = ap to level much faster.

its sequel has a bit different gameplay ore like typical ff from 4 on.  However the stories even more of a mess, you can't get the proper ending without following a step by step guide to the exact letter and the majority of the jobs are useless.

I own ni no kuni and valkyria but haven't played either yet.  I did however play valkyria chronicles 2 and its alright outside the setting and divided maps.

ds wise I'd rec glory of heracles its grid based but very easy thanks to darts with full aoe coverage without depleting the ether elemental gauge.

ps3 wise I didn't really love anything yet. tales of graces and xillia are both passable games but I felt they were inferior to vesperia. same with atelier ayesha.  these games are all better on ng+ then on a first run.

360 wise tales of vesperia hands down. easily my favorite game of the gen.  a bit weak on the story but the cast and gameplay are wonderful.

besides that enchanted arms, eternal sonata, phantasy star universe, blue dragon and last remnant are other titles I've played on it and all vary by taste.  

eternal sonata is semi real time semi turn based. each character has a time limit during their turns where actions can be taken.  The games short around 10 hours and outside polkas side is really easy.  Combat boils down to elemental advantage plus spamming echo chains and then linking special attacks with your other party members together while constantly refilling the echo gauge. Part members are gained each chapter and as they go it adds more stuff to combat while shortening your turns at at the last gauge the buttons all randomize which really sucks. The other design issues are hit boxes are easy to miss, light/dark field effect boxes are as well and guard/counter timing is off with counters being nigh impossible.

Falsetto and jazz deal the most echos naturally while clavice and jazz have the highest and the 2nd highest attack power.  jazz is a little slow but that can be easily remedied with a speed increasing accessory if needed and giving him a were wolf choker doubles his hits and thus doubles his damage potential. clavice can't combo as well so she's the best option for the 2nd were wolf choker. Falsetto due to lower damage is the best choice for power bands and auto attack boosting accessory.

however since clavice being the strongest character has limited availability along with jazz being 2nd and falsetto 3rd you'll spend most of the game with allegretto beat frederic salsa and ugh polka.  polka sucks and she's basically the main character of the game along with frederic.  her healing is garbage and even if it had infinite range like violas it wouldn't matter as you never need to heal much and items are infinitely better at it.

Hard to tell also why does the store have a separate ps3 and vita entry with no details....and yes it has that weird dual one for 39.99 and the PS3 only version for 49.99. Stupid store listings easily...likely some glitch.

Edit: According to someone on the Playstation blog when buying the 39.99 version you only get the Vita download...so very likely mislabeled. I think in their system it messed up as the DLC I believe is labeled as the PS3 version, though the DLC is for both versions....yeah Sony messed up good in that listing.
saw this three hours too late :censored:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back