Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So many people upset that they couldn't buy this to keep it sealed and untouched in their closet.
Bro can you stop already. Enough really. There is very little complaining now so can you take those however many copies you have left, put them in the buying/selling/trading forum, and just move on. It's getting annoying.

Kinda glad I didn't get up at 3am to try to get this, sounds like it was a mess. I did pick up my normal copy from GameStop over lunch and get in about half an hour of playtime. Fun so far, though obviously I haven't seen much. Glad I've got it to kill time waiting at the doctor's office this afternoon.

Alright, alright guys, the LE fiasco of HDN Rebirth 1 is over, I mean, we get it, and good luck to those that got a copy, and sorry to those that didn't get one. >_>

OT though, Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax (PS3/360) is $55/FS on Newegg until 9/1.

for those of you that still want a copy of the neptunia limited edition, you can buy a copy on amazon right now for the low price of $700

Ended up getting stuck on the shipping thing here. Oh well, only wanted it for the case + game. I'll probably end up grabbing the psn version or something. Also: it's REALLY weird seeing this many people looking at this thread lol. 

Anyone have any recommendations for similar styled cases? 

Also: LOL $700

27zc29j.png

Has anyone gotten their ToX2 guide shipped yet? Just wondering since I knew there were some problems about some pages ago. Mines coming in tomorrow and I ended up ordering after the preorder date.

Ended up getting stuck on the shipping thing here. Oh well, only wanted it for the case + game. I'll probably end up grabbing the psn version or something. Also: it's REALLY weird seeing this many people looking at this thread lol.

Anyone have any recommendations for similar styled cases?

Also: LOL $700
27zc29j.png
Usually ships within 3-5 weeks nice I'll take one

Has anyone gotten their ToX2 guide shipped yet? Just wondering since I knew there were some problems about some pages ago. Mines coming in tomorrow and I ended up ordering after the preorder date.
i got my guide an am happy, i was one of the many that it was delayed. no issues or dents with the book, worth it for the $25 it going for.

unless you were smart an able buy the game + guide at gamestop cheaper with any coupon deals

Mine shipped yesterday and I ordered 8/22.

ummmm  is this what the rest of your orders look like 

Shipped/Billed On: 08/26/2014 Type: Package Weight: 0.80 lb
that   Sounds way too low on weight for the  LE crap 

sounds like its in bubble package instead of a box. You would think the box would push the wait  over a pound.   well will know thursday

ummmm is this what the rest of your orders look like

that Sounds way too low on weight for the LE crap
I think IF already had a shiz storm going towards them. I'm sure you'll get it fine. Plus don't forget that Vita games are extremely light weight, so it could be correct.

Well I am pretty pissed off, I waited till 3:03 AM EST and refreshed the page but it still didn't show up. I was sure I got the night wrong and I woke up this morning seeing it was all sold out. Well good stuff to all those who got it, and for people who don't like me, don't fret, theres still Planet Destroyer Black Heart, Neptunia Rebirth: 2, Neptunia U, and Neptunia Victory 2 coming out so there's always room for more.

But honestly, wasn't this series bashed for having horrible gameplay and over-sexualization of the characters, not to mention people saying the characters looked under age and the story was not interesting. For a franchise that seems to get such a horrible rep, it suddenly found a huge following. I'm just salty since I stood by the games and the anime since the beginning.

Well I am pretty pissed off, I waited till 3:03 AM EST and refreshed the page but it still didn't show up. I was sure I got the night wrong and I woke up this morning seeing it was all sold out. Well good stuff to all those who got it, and for people who don't like me, don't fret, theres still Planet Destroyer Black Heart, Neptunia Rebirth: 2, Neptunia U, and Neptunia Victory 2 coming out so there's always room for more.

But honestly, wasn't this series bashed for having horrible gameplay and over-sexualization of the characters, not to mention people saying the characters looked under age and the story was not interesting. For a franchise that seems to get such a horrible rep, it suddenly found a huge following. I'm just salty since I stood by the games and the anime since the beginning.
The Otaku crowd flocks to these type of games hence why they get such a following. I think the series has a good sense of humor(not fan of the fanservice),but the games could honestly be so much better if IF actually invested some more money in them; the amount of recycled content in the third game was a joke.

I'm excited for those....less for Rebirth 2 and Neptunia U(honestly the gameplay videos coming out for this game make it look like a cash grab Dynasty Warriors type game....which it likely is). Black Heart looks awesome and Neptunia Victory 2 should be aight. I kind of wish they took more time on their games though.

I think IF already had a shiz storm going towards them. I'm sure you'll get it fine. Plus don't forget that Vita games are extremely light weight, so it could be correct.
ummmm is this what the rest of your orders look like

that Sounds way too low on weight for the LE crap

sounds like its in bubble package instead of a box. You would think the box would push the wait over a pound. well will know thursday
I just weighed my complete Muramasa LE that has the plastic muramasa Vita case in a small shipping box with some bubble wrap. It's 0.8lb exactly so I think you're in good shape.

The Otaku crowd flocks to these type of games hence why they get such a following. I think the series has a good sense of humor(not fan of the fanservice),but the games could honestly be so much better if IF actually invested some more money in them; the amount of recycled content in the third game was a joke.
I'm guessing re-sellers were a bigger reason why this sold out so quickly.

I just weighed my complete Muramasa LE that has the plastic muramasa Vita case in a small shipping box with some bubble wrap. It's 0.8lb exactly so I think you're in good shape.
Guess so. looking around my basement wow the Ys vita LE came in at 2 pounds. One of these days I need to sell those

also see that the other order of

Yu-Gi-Oh! Classic: Season 4, Vol. 1 for 1.42 only came it at .3 pounds

I just got off the phone with Amazon because I was inquiring why my HDN Re;birth LE won't SHIP till Sept. 2nd and DELIVER Sept. 9th to 15th which is beyond 7-9 business days.  They couldn't tell me why it would take a week to just to ship and they can't do anything because it actually isn't stored at amazon and it ships from iffystore. I choose free shipping because I don't have Prime (Prime to Hawaii is the same as standard shipping) and shipping prices are crazy to Hawaii.

Then I asked if they could put a note to pack it safely because they keep packing it in boxes to large with 1-2 large air paks with way to much extra space, bubble mailers, or use crummy custom fold boxes but leave so much gap for item to damage during transport.  To Hawaii that's pretty much instantly damaged.  They gave same response that it's iffystore that handles the packaging and I could contact them under their storefront on amazon because he had no options to leave a note.   Well there is no option to contact iffystore thru amazon other than 'request invoice', 'thank you', or 'other issue (contact amazon)'.  What a big loop hole. 

So if we get them in bubblemailers it's all Idea Factory's fault and not amazon sounds like.

Guess I'll try contacting IF directly on this.

I just got off the phone with Amazon because I was inquiring why my HDN Re;birth LE won't SHIP till Sept. 2nd and DELIVER Sept. 9th to 15th which is beyond 7-9 business days. They couldn't tell me why it would take a week to just to ship and they can't do anything because it actually isn't stored at amazon and it ships from iffystore. I choose free shipping because I don't have Prime (Prime to Hawaii is the same as standard shipping) and shipping prices are crazy to Hawaii.

Then I asked if they could put a note to pack it safely because they keep packing it in boxes to large with 1-2 large air paks with way to much extra space, bubble mailers, or use crummy custom fold boxes but leave so much gap for item to damage during transport. To Hawaii that's pretty much instantly damaged. They gave same response that it's iffystore that handles the packaging and I could contact them under their storefront on amazon because he had no options to leave a note. Well there is no option to contact iffystore thru amazon other than 'request invoice', 'thank you', or 'other issue (contact amazon)'. What a big loop hole.

So if we get them in bubblemailers it's all Idea Factory's fault and not amazon sounds like.

Guess I'll try contacting IF directly on this.
well that sucks. Meaning if the package is damaged amazon going to say

not our problem.

i think what amazon might of told you was BS. Someone said their game shipped from cali what would make since but mine just shipped from NJ. I doubt IFFY has more then one wherehouse and these are leaving from amazon shops

well that sucks. Meaning if the package is damaged amazon going to say

not our problem.

i think what amazon might of told you was BS. Someone said their game shipped from cali what would make since but mine just shipped from NJ. I doubt IFFY has more then one wherehouse and these are leaving from amazon shops
Yeah i think Amazon told me BS as well which is what I told him when he said that IFFY was responsible because I kinda know that's not how fulfilled by amazon products sell.

I emailed IFFY on this as well so we'll see what they say. Also asked on what type of support they will be giving us for those of us that may get damaged goods since NISA treated us customers so well. But really hope I won't get a smashed copy. I will post the news when I get a reply back from them.

The response I got about the problems from last night (shipping problems both domestic and international).  Also asked why they didn't do what Gajinworks did and use Amazon Payments so they could do a "preorder".

""Terrible" is an understatement, I'm sure! We are so disappointed ourselves with the idea that so many fans were left without a copy of the Re;Birth1 LE, and moving forward we hope to have a greater quantity of limited editions available for upcoming titles. Have we learned from this event? Definitely. Does it alleviate the disappointment and frustration felt by our fans? Not yet. We are working with Amazon to determine the cause for the issues that have developed, and we hope to have a better understanding of exactly what happened so we can ensure that it doesn't happen again in the future.

Amazon's policies currently do not allow our company to hold preorders, but we hope to have a convenient, secure environment for upcoming titles. We hope that you can understand our situation and also that we can meet your and other fans' expectations for the next release. Please feel free to contact us again with additional feedback or questions. 

Sincerely,

Idea Factory International, Inc.

Idea Factory International, Inc.
Www.ideafintl.com"

So basically "yea we messed up and there is nothing we can do...hopefully we don't do it again next time"

I know it sucks when you have a missing item in a collection, but it happens to everyone at some point. That's why it helps not to go overly crazy about it and don't obsess over getting every LE/CE/game, because when you eventually do miss out you'll drive yourself nuts.

I mean, what if there is a JRPG in the future that has a super rare CE and they only decide to release 100 of them. It doesn't matter what method they use, the odds are way against you getting a copy.

So, mentally prepare yourself ahead of time for that moment. Or if you really care that much, take it to ebay I guess.

The fact of the matter is, everyone knew exactly when (time & date) the product was going live, 3 weeks in advance and had more than enough time to get there "1 click settings", addresses, and other factors strait before midnight last night.

It was a mass rush to grab one, 1000 is not a lot of copies, we all knew that. Mine was probably one of the very first orders and it went through as easy is anything else I buy. I'm sure it was the same for the others that got one in time as well.

IF didn't mess up at all. They said they had 1000, they had 1000. There was no 1 per person limit nor did it say there was 1 person limit on the product page so no doubt a lot of people grabbed 2 or more. It is what it is.

The blamers need to turn it down and accept you were simply slow, didn't make the cut, and just make sure you do better on the next one. Not trolling anyone or try to invoke butt-hurt feelings as I would be disappointed too if I didn't get one, but that's just how it is, strait talk.

The fact of the matter is, everyone knew exactly when (time & date) the product was going live, 3 weeks in advance and had more than enough time to get there "1 click settings", addresses, and other factors strait before midnight last night.

It was a mass rush to grab one, 1000 is not a lot of copies, we all knew that. Mine was probably one of the very first orders and it went through as easy is anything else I buy. I'm sure it was the same for the others that got one in time as well.

IF didn't mess up at all. They said they had 1000, they had 1000. There was no 1 per person limit nor did it say there was 1 person limit on the product page so no doubt a lot of people grabbed 2 or more. It is what it is.

The blamers need to turn it down and accept you were simply slow, didn't make the cut, and just make sure you do better on the next one. Not trolling anyone or try to invoke butt-hurt feelings as I would be disappointed too if I didn't get one, but that's just how it is, strait talk.
Apparently you didnt read. Some of us were literally unable to order. I know I refreshed the moment it went live, and the first few times I clicked one click it randomly sent me back to the same page, then said my address was not valid to ship.

And my phone just kept going straight to an empty cart or an infinite load.

Its one thing to miss the deal because you missed it. Its another when the site itself fucks you over. And on top of that the game didn't even go up exactly at midnight, I didn't even see the "Available from other sellers" till like 2 minutes later

Apparently you didnt read. Some of us were literally unable to order. I know I refreshed the moment it went live, and the first few times I clicked one click it randomly sent me back to the same page, then said my address was not valid to ship.

Its one thing to miss the deal because you missed it. Its another when the site itself fucks you over. And on top of that the game didn't even go up exactly at midnight, I didn't even see the "Available from other sellers" till like 2 minutes later
Yeah. Same thing happened to me.

Really annoying but I'm over it...mostly.

Yes people need to get over the 'gotta get em all' aspect of collecting.  When you grow older you'll realize it's not possible to have everything.  Particularly for space reasons. At best you'll be like that guy in his 40s who just unloaded the worlds largest video game collection at a huge loss. 

You don't have to have every release, it's really not important.   Only buy what you like and plan to use.  Contrary to popular belief these things don't gain value over time.  Unless you leave it unopened, and then only occasionally.  And if that's the case, you didn't need one in the first place.  You have to sell a $100 LE for around $135 on Ebay just to break even.

I've been around this place long enough to learn that most people getting worked up over it are just mad because they lost out on making a few dollars. To true collectors, this particular LE isn't even anything special at all.  Move on, enjoy the hobby, and look forward to that next major release because there are new and exciting things coming out all year every year.

Also asked why they didn't do what Gajinworks did and use Amazon Payments so they could do a "preorder".

Amazon's policies currently do not allow our company to hold preorders,
That's the same response I got couple weeks back when I asked them the same thing adding that they don't have a preorder system in place to do what Gajinworks did. Guess they didn't understand how Gajinworks did it because they are still thinking preorder. I even stated that they sold vouchers in place holder of a preorder. Oh well it's there first experience and they will hopefully learn fast from there mistakes.

I don't think a preorder would have left less people bitter anyway because it probably would have sold just as fast since 1000 is just isn't enough copies. Also only those that followed their website news or facebook page religiously as soon as it was announced would have been the only ones to probably get a copy.

Yep, at a minimum there were major issues with Amazon last night where people with valid US addresses could not complete their orders, people with Canadian or some international addresses were also prevented by Amazon from ordering. Similarly, some people were rejected by Amazon's payment processing system for no reason. Also, the game didn't go live for orders right at midnight, it took 1-2 minutes, so all in all, there were glitches that prevented some people from ordering even if they did everything "right". Ultimately, Amazon is not designed to be a high volume for one item within seconds type of retail website. Their infrastructure is not designed to handle it as this incident proved.

you really though you had a chance getting one on a phone LOL

about the address thing that is why i have 5 addresses on my amazon page (said the same thing about wont ship to the first one, even though all 5 are the same addresses with little things different.

it was up at 3am but you had to look until the 1 SELLER in the corner. that is how i got mine. Im not sure if it ever went live on the main page. I know they lasted till 306 cause i could of put a 2nd order in at 305 and they were still in stock

This is just a guess, but:

Amazon stores the products for FBA products. The seller ships them to a fulfillment center. I'm willing to bet that Amazon didn't disperse exactly the correct amount (if any at all) to different centers around the US.

So, maybe NJ had some stock and so did CA - but if NJ sold out, your order has to come from another center that's farther away.

And perhaps instead of shipping directly to you from there, they send it to the local fulfillment center first, that processes and sends it out.

It's all just a theory, but I think it would explain why a handful of orders aren't anticipated to arrive until September 4th.

It likely would  have lasted longer if they limited it like they said. Either way I'm over it, still not planning to buy Rebirth at MSRP though. (Not like I was gonna play it anytime soon anyway)

And I have 2 hands slidecage....phone in the left, mouse in the right.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back