Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact of the matter is, everyone knew exactly when (time & date) the product was going live, 3 weeks in advance and had more than enough time to get there "1 click settings", addresses, and other factors strait before midnight last night.

It was a mass rush to grab one, 1000 is not a lot of copies, we all knew that. Mine was probably one of the very first orders and it went through as easy is anything else I buy. I'm sure it was the same for the others that got one in time as well.

IF didn't mess up at all. They said they had 1000, they had 1000. There was no 1 per person limit nor did it say there was 1 person limit on the product page so no doubt a lot of people grabbed 2 or more. It is what it is.

The blamers need to turn it down and accept you were simply slow, didn't make the cut, and just make sure you do better on the next one. Not trolling anyone or try to invoke butt-hurt feelings as I would be disappointed too if I didn't get one, but that's just how it is, strait talk.
Precisely. Live and learn. Be faster next time. It happens to all of us.

If you absolutely have to have it well then you can easily buy one in the secondary market. Complaining about missing a drop of this nature is very immature.

Precisely. Live and learn. Be faster next time. It happens to all of us.

If you absolutely have to have it well then you can easily buy one in the secondary market. Complaining about missing a drop of this nature is very immature.
where were they selling the Final fantasy 3ds new game coming out next month LE. I never seen that for sale anywhere now its like 200+

Apparently you didnt read. Some of us were literally unable to order. I know I refreshed the moment it went live, and the first few times I clicked one click it randomly sent me back to the same page, then said my address was not valid to ship.

And my phone just kept going straight to an empty cart or an infinite load.

Its one thing to miss the deal because you missed it. Its another when the site itself fucks you over. And on top of that the game didn't even go up exactly at midnight, I didn't even see the "Available from other sellers" till like 2 minutes later
Then you were too slow and you missed the drop. It worked fine for dozens of other people here. Time to move on.

This is just a guess, but:

Amazon stores the products for FBA products. The seller ships them to a fulfillment center. I'm willing to bet that Amazon didn't disperse exactly the correct amount (if any at all) to different centers around the US.

So, maybe NJ had some stock and so did CA - but if NJ sold out, your order has to come from another center that's farther away.

And perhaps instead of shipping directly to you from there, they send it to the local fulfillment center first, that processes and sends it out.

It's all just a theory, but I think it would explain why a handful of orders aren't anticipated to arrive until September 4th.
I can't speak to the specifics of this item, but when I have been involved with other items like independently published books and DVDs where Amazon handles distribution and order processing, they get shipped to one specific warehouse that Amazon tells you to send them to and all orders get shipped out of that same warehouse, regardless of where in the country the consumer orders from. I doubt that Amazon took the time to send portions of the 1000 items out to other warehouses as they would have had no idea where orders were coming from until they were already placed.

It likely would have lasted longer if they limited it like they said. Either way I'm over it, still not planning to buy Rebirth at MSRP though. (Not like I was gonna play it anytime soon anyway)

And I have 2 hands slidecage....phone in the left, mouse in the right.....
what you doing playing with a mouse when you should been ordering the game :)

really though i would been shock if anyone got one who was not using a pc or hardwired to the net. My phone is so freaking slow i would get the amazon page to pop up like 4am when i started at 2am

Then you were too slow and you missed the drop. It worked fine for dozens of other people here. Time to move on.
Again, some people were plenty quick and Amazon refused to accept their address (i.e. the same saved one that they have Amazon ship to every day) or glitched on processing payment (i.e. the same valid payment that Amazon has accepted for every other order they have ever placed). I personally got through and got one, but I am very sympathetic to those who didn't and believe blame for this belongs squarely to Amazon and IF, with IF essentially not using Amazon properly for an item of this type. The complaining has a value, if for no other reason than to shame IF into never repeating these mistakes again and hopefully IF will either do a reprint of the LE by producing more of the limited items and/or find another solution to satisfy demand.

I think as more and more LEs come out, as well as more and more niche games come out it's much easier to pass on games and let them fall in price like all games usually do. I do want this Neptunia game and am picking up a copy on my way home. I missed out, but am not too bummed anymore. I kind of just wanted it so it can match my other Neptunia LEs. If anyone wants I can give an impression...will likely play it for an hour or so tonight. I did play the original PS3 version for a few hours myself, and hope at the least the battle system is a bit better. I hated that weird combo stamina move battle system. It worked strangely and made most combat become working towards a special move that works and than sticking with it. Got old fast. I will also comment on the translation as IF International are new to the localization business.

Yes I was one of the the address stored can't be delivered too by the time I got it to almost go through it was too late.

And I love how the only ones adamantly defending this failstorm are the ones who managed to get it, lol. (And ontop of that managed to get multiples).

you really though you had a chance getting one on a phone LOL

about the address thing that is why i have 5 addresses on my amazon page (said the same thing about wont ship to the first one, even though all 5 are the same addresses with little things different.

it was up at 3am but you had to look until the 1 SELLER in the corner. that is how i got mine. Im not sure if it ever went live on the main page. I know they lasted till 306 cause i could of put a 2nd order in at 305 and they were still in stock
Bingo.

1) lol phones

2) 1 SELLER in the corner. You had to click that. Most anybody who waited for the the 'Add to cart' button or other 'product is available' messages most likely missed out.

And I love how the only ones adamantly defending this failstorm are the ones who managed to get it, lol. (And ontop of that managed to get multiples).
Not defending it just saying all of the people who say. SELL ME THE LE OR I REFUSE TO BUY THE NORMAL ED makes me laugh. That is what is wrong with this country people think they are entitled to get a copy.

There are people on facebook demanding they reprint the limited ed. If they do give into this Then i hope everyone who did get in on the first 1000 copies all do Chargeback since the item is no longer limited.

if they get to reprint this, then i demand the right to force them to reprint every Le i did not get. the kingdom hearts 3ds. the Kingdom hearts 3ds system. ect. ect ect.

You did not get a copy its your right not to do business with the company anymore, but thinking saying GIVE ME OR IM NOT BUYING thinks it will make a company change its mind. Hell they are laughing in your face cause they dont need your business.

Point is the company DID NOT EVEN HAVE TO MAKE AN LE. It was their choice to make it.

PEOPLE ARE NOT ENTITLED THINKING THEY OWE IT TO THEM

getting WAY OFF TOPIC so probally the last post until i get it

(and the fans go wild no more post WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) lol

Bingo.

1) lol phones

2) 1 SELLER in the corner. You had to click that. Most anybody who waited for the the 'Add to cart' button or other 'product is available' messages most likely missed out.
1. Can you read? I said I was using both AT THE SAME TIME. IE with 2 hands, with 2 eyes, with my brain controlling both. I'm plenty capable at multi-tasking and my laptop was my priority, the phone was just a "Well maybe it will work"

2. Like I said before, there was literally no seller popping up for me, I was spamming refresh from 11:55PM till 12:20PM. And by the time it did show up like 2-3 minutes later it was constantly giving me the invallid address or infinite load.

And I don't think saying "I wont buy it" will change their minds, but it sure as hell is 40$ less in their pockets. (Like I said, I'll wait for a used copy or some sort of sale)

The fact of the matter is, everyone knew exactly when (time & date) the product was going live, 3 weeks in advance and had more than enough time to get there "1 click settings", addresses, and other factors strait before midnight last night.

It was a mass rush to grab one, 1000 is not a lot of copies, we all knew that. Mine was probably one of the very first orders and it went through as easy is anything else I buy. I'm sure it was the same for the others that got one in time as well.

IF didn't mess up at all. They said they had 1000, they had 1000. There was no 1 per person limit nor did it say there was 1 person limit on the product page so no doubt a lot of people grabbed 2 or more. It is what it is.

The blamers need to turn it down and accept you were simply slow, didn't make the cut, and just make sure you do better on the next one. Not trolling anyone or try to invoke butt-hurt feelings as I would be disappointed too if I didn't get one, but that's just how it is, strait talk.
Sorry, no. I'm over it, and didn't lose much sleep, since I usually sleep around that time anyways. But I was there at 11:58 PM. I saw it available at 12:02, refreshing every couple of seconds. I had some generic error the first try, then the bad address every time after that. It sold out 2 minutes after that, roughly. So no, trust us, it's not being "slow".

Also I received 'unable to ship to this address' on the product page after I successfully completed an order. 

There was some sort of system in place to not allow a second order go to the same account.  I'd bet heavily that the people getting address errors were submitting multiple order requests at once.  Or they got too impatient with the first order refreshing that they attempted a second one and then the system denied them. 

Not defending it just saying all of the people who say. SELL ME THE LE OR I REFUSE TO BUY THE NORMAL ED makes me laugh. That is what is wrong with this country people think they are entitled to get a copy.

There are people on facebook demanding they reprint the limited ed. If they do give into this Then i hope everyone who did get in on the first 1000 copies all do Chargeback since the item is no longer limited.

if they get to reprint this, then i demand the right to force them to reprint every Le i did not get. the kingdom hearts 3ds. the Kingdom hearts 3ds system. ect. ect ect.

You did not get a copy its your right not to do business with the company anymore, but thinking saying GIVE ME OR IM NOT BUYING thinks it will make a company change its mind. Hell they are laughing in your face cause they dont need your business.

Point is the company DID NOT EVEN HAVE TO MAKE AN LE. It was their choice to make it.

I got one and I very much hope they print thousands more. I take no pleasure in other people being deprived of something they want and would enjoy simply so I can feel smug about the rarity of a video game. Expecting your game to remain limited given all the issues that went down last night is an entitled way of thinking about it and frankly pretty selfish. .

Also I received 'unable to ship to this address' on the product page after I successfully completed an order.

There was some sort of system in place to not allow a second order go to the same account. I'd bet heavily that the people getting address errors were submitting multiple order requests at once. Or they got too impatient with the first order refreshing that they attempted a second one and then the system denied them.
Oh, so now you're a technical Amazon expert? I can't believe the level of douchiness I'm reading here in the niche thread at CAG. How about just saying "I'm really sorry to hear about you not getting the game and I hope IF comes up with a solution" instead of trying to claim people somehow screwed up without any factual basis for your claims?

There was some sort of system in place to not allow a second order go to the same account. I'd bet heavily that the people getting address errors were submitting multiple order requests at once. Or they got too impatient with the first order refreshing that they attempted a second one and then the system denied them.
So... still an error on their part. Gotcha.

I got one and I very much hope they print thousands more. I take no pleasure in other people being deprived of something they want and would enjoy simply so I can feel smug about the rarity of a video game. Expecting your game to remain limited given all the issues that went down last night is an entitled way of thinking about it and frankly pretty selfish. .
then the company can be and will be sued for selling something that they said was LIMITED and then wasnt.

Like i said then i want the Kingdom hearts Le reprinted. I want the Pokemon 3ds system reprinted . I want a working copy of Capcom vs SNK card fighter ds game (Really i do im tried of all of the bugged ones i got LOL)

i demand the make more

NAtURAL DOCtRINE Limited Edition (PS4) games since i just found out about the game ITS NOT FAIR I DONT GET THE BOOKBAG. ECT ECT ECT

Hell i demand Best buy to sell me the TV for 49 bucks cause they did not have enough in stock and they did the handing out of numbers wrong

Oh, so now you're a technical Amazon expert? I can't believe the level of douchiness I'm reading here in the niche thread at CAG. How about just saying "I'm really sorry to hear about you not getting the game and I hope IF comes up with a solution" instead of trying to claim people somehow screwed up without any factual basis for your claims?
Lol you beat me to it. Seems like he has an reason to blame it on us for everything. From what he just said, apparently now its our faults for trying to buy a limited item? (And being glitched out).

Like I said, the hardest defenders are the ones who got what they wanted and more.

And wtf are you even talking about Slidecage

Dude, just shhhhh. You have no idea what you are talking about and are making yourself look like a total dumbass.

Apparently you didnt read. Some of us were literally unable to order. I know I refreshed the moment it went live, and the first few times I clicked one click it randomly sent me back to the same page, then said my address was not valid to ship.

And my phone just kept going straight to an empty cart or an infinite load.

Its one thing to miss the deal because you missed it. Its another when the site itself fucks you over. And on top of that the game didn't even go up exactly at midnight, I didn't even see the "Available from other sellers" till like 2 minutes later
That's Amazon though, not IF.

Oh I read full well, hence my message in the first place. Amazon didn't bug out at all you just placed your orders too slow which was what gave you those error messages, it already sold out.

I know, because after my initial smooth order I went back a few minutes later and tried to re-order another copy and I was getting the same exact messages described here about the invalid address, etc. It was already gone at that point and the system was just throwing out mixed messages for it.

That's all there is to it.

Actually I just produced evidence on a possible reason why people were unable to complete their orders. Maybe that's why some people got rejected, maybe it's not. This directly pertains to the discussion. Try to keep up.

then the company can be and will be sued for selling something that they said was LIMITED and then wasnt.

Like i said then i want the Kingdom hearts Le reprinted. I want the Pokemon 3ds system reprinted . I want a working copy of Capcom vs SNK card fighter ds game (Really i do im tried of all of the bugged ones i got LOL)

i demand the make more

NAtURAL DOCtRINE Limited Edition (PS4) games since i just found out about the game ITS NOT FAIR I DONT GET THE BOOKBAG. ECT ECT ECT

Hell i demand Best buy to sell me the TV for 49 bucks cause they did not have enough in stock and they did the handing out of numbers wrong
Dude, 1 calm the fuck down. 2 limited doesn't mean shit, even if they made 50k more it's still limited to 50k + however many were printed before. It isn't "There are 1000 copies" limited. It's just limited. 3 please go die and stop posting on this site, you are the most annoying troll I have ever encountered. You are living proof the moderators on this site simply do not care anymore.

Lol you beat me to it. Seems like he has an reason to blame it on us for everything. From what he just said, apparently now its our faults for trying to buy a limited item? (And being glitched out).

Like I said, the hardest defenders are the ones who got what they wanted and more.

And wtf are you even talking about Slidecage
i have no idea what im talking about WOOOOOOO

Hell all how about we all move the TALK HERE SO WE DONT CLOG UP THIS TOPIC

anyone with me.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334780-lets-all-bitch-about-not-getting-the-hyperdimension-neptunia-le-topic/

Maybe talk about being screwed over and other stuff about the game and try to get this topic back on post

Dude, 1 calm the fuck down. 2 limited doesn't mean shit, even if they made 50k more it's still limited to 50k + however many were printed before. It isn't "There are 1000 copies" limited. It's just limited. 3 please go die and stop posting on this site, you are the most annoying troll I have ever encountered. You are living proof the moderators on this site simply do not care anymore.

before it even went LIVE

IT WILL BE LIMITED TO 1000 COPIES .

just another person who thinks they are ENTITLED to get a copy

no mods dont care about more cause all this site is another slickdeals.

OKAY YOU WAnT IT REPRINTED I WANT EVERY AMAZON PRICE MISTAKE GIVEN TO ME ... BOO HOO

its over you missed it get over it. Face it the company dont care so why bitch. Take your money somewhere else they got millions of others who will keep buying their stuff

All of the people who didn't actually complete an order telling me I don't know what I'm talking about.

LOL

Okay, you guys win. Go ahead and continue the bitching and moaning.  That's all you guys do here anyways.

All of the people who didn't actually complete an order telling me I don't know what I'm talking about.

LOL

Okay, you guys win. Go ahead and continue the bitching and moaning. That's all you guys do here anyways.
I'm telling you don't know because you obviously don't have a FBA seller account. If you did you would know why your guesses make zero sense.

i demand the make more

Wow, logic and argument don't appear to be your forte. None of those products you listed are similar to this situation where people who complied with all of the requirements to get one (i.e. showed up on the website, clicked to buy within the allotted time and quantity, had a valid address and payment method) were prevented by glitches in the system from placing valid orders. All of those other items were available for preorder for reasonable amounts of time and anyone who wanted one could have gotten them within those time periods.

As for your other point, I think you would have a hard time convincing a judge or jury that there is fraud or some other violation here. Even if you did, the only remedy would likely be a refund and I suspect nobody would even ask for one given the situation. Heck, if they wanted they could just throw one tiny additional item in the identical box or apply a removable sticker to the outer plastic that says "reprint" and they would eliminate the potential fraud concern and satisfy all of the people who were impacted.

getting WAY OFF TOPIC so probally the last post until i get it
(and the fans go wild no more post WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) lol
I understand youre trying to make a point but you dont need to be an asshole to make it. Typing stuff in all caps also pretty much guarantees no one will take you seriously as well.

Actually I just produced evidence on a possible reason why people were unable to complete their orders. Maybe that's why some people got rejected, maybe it's not. This directly pertains to the discussion. Try to keep up.
No, you presented a theory for which you have no proof either way. You're the one who seems unable to keep up or show any compassion for a bad situation.

LOL

Okay, you guys win. Go ahead and continue the bitching and moaning. That's all you guys do here anyways.
Pray tell us the magical method you used to order this.....wait...you did the exact same thing as us. You just got lucky.

Yes people need to get over the 'gotta get em all' aspect of collecting. When you grow older you'll realize it's not possible to have everything. Particularly for space reasons. At best you'll be like that guy in his 40s who just unloaded the worlds largest video game collection at a huge loss.

You don't have to have every release, it's really not important. Only buy what you like and plan to use. Contrary to popular belief these things don't gain value over time. Unless you leave it unopened, and then only occasionally. And if that's the case, you didn't need one in the first place. You have to sell a $100 LE for around $135 on Ebay just to break even.

I've been around this place long enough to learn that most people getting worked up over it are just mad because they lost out on making a few dollars. To true collectors, this particular LE isn't even anything special at all. Move on, enjoy the hobby, and look forward to that next major release because there are new and exciting things coming out all year every year.
I agree with your basic premise. While it's not my place to tell anyone what to buy or how to feel, I also look at the logical side of it, and when I started to do that years back, it changed how I did my collecting.

One thing I always found hypocritical was people would whine about flippers, especially when they didn't get a copy of their own, because they think the games should go to people who really want the game(even though they do anyway, just at a markup). A lot of these same people, however, want the damn game to keep sealed and put on a shelf. How is that any better? If you want the game to play, that's fine, but I can very easily say that CE wasting space on your shelf not being actually used(like it was designed for) could be better served in the hands of someone that will open it, play it, and have fun with its contents. Those people are really no better than flippers with limited items. With the exception being flippers who hoard, but a guy who just buys one or two to re-sell? Nah. That doesn't make it wrong, you can do with your property what you want, but it is absolutely hypocritical.

If you were less of a douche, everyone would have gotten the game just fine.

That statement may or may not be true.

I'm just offering a possible explanation so it directly pertains to the discussion.

O:)

I agree with your basic premise. While it's not my place to tell anyone what to buy or how to feel, I also look at the logical side of it, and when I started to do that years back, it changed how I did my collecting.

One thing I always found hypocritical was people would whine about flippers, especially when they didn't get a copy of their own, because they think the games should go to people who really want the game(even though they do anyway, just at a markup). A lot of these same people, however, want the damn game to keep sealed and put on a shelf. How is that any better? If you want the game to play, that's fine, but I can very easily say that CE wasting space on your shelf not being actually used(like it was designed for) could be better served in the hands of someone that will open it, play it, and have fun with its contents. Those people are really no better than flippers with limited items. With the exception being flippers who hoard, but a guy who just buys one or two to re-sell? Nah. That doesn't make it wrong, you can do with your property what you want, but it is absolutely hypocritical.
Personally I open all of the CE's/Rare items I purchase. My main 3DS i use is the Pikachu model, my OG Vita is in the Persona 4 Hardshell and Carrying case, and I have most of the various CE/LE items on display somehow (Or atleast my favorite ones)

LOL

Ignore the haters man, all the slow kids are upset because they couldn't order the game fast enough and now we're hearing words like 'Lucky' and 'Glitch' (that apparently only applied to them for some reason) ... damn that's sad. Walk it off people, walk it off...

This is a bit out of hand. People with pitchforks ready to try and take down a company over a video game. I can bet that there were hordes of people refreshing every moment possible at midnight. Hell, a member even commented that there were something like 140 EDIT 121 users reading this topic between 12 and 12:10. I can't say that every user was scratching to get a copy, but regardless. This is one gaming community online. 4chan had a thread about this. Reddit did. Neogaf did. IF's facebook page has 5,000 likes.

I can't say how many people were there trying to get a copy, but I can bet it was well over a thousand. It was an EXTREMELY limited release for a title that has a decent following (8,000+ likes on Facebook.) Nothing I am saying is fact, nor can I back it up, but the chances that there would be availability for more than ten minutes were slim to very much none. 

I managed to get one. I kind of feel bad because I know pretty much nothing about Neptunia, but I'm a collector of rare special editions and such. Gotta get em all! 

Because 1000 copies means everyone gets one.
No, it doesn't. Yes, some may have gotten two or three copies. Maybe five. WhoKnows. I can't say that there weren't 500 people who ordered multiples. Neither of us can say that there weren't 3,000 people trying to get a copy at the same time. It's just sad that there are users here angry that they didn't get a copy, when, again, it was horribly limited. I'd hate to see how you guys respond to a Mondo poster drop or a Twilight Time release.

No, it doesn't. Yes, some may have gotten two or three copies. Maybe five. WhoKnows. I can't say that there weren't 500 people who ordered multiples. Neither of us can say that there weren't 3,000 people trying to get a copy at the same time. It's just sad that there are users here angry that they didn't get a copy, when, again, it was horribly limited. I'd hate to see how you guys respond to a Mondo poster drop or a Twilight Time release.
I'm mad over the colossal site failure and overall horrible idea of how to sell this.

I'm sure other sites handle it much better, or atleast don't randomly glitch out a decent chunk of potential buyers. Or actually show everyone the option to buy it at the same time

Again, if this was just a limited amount and there were no Amazon glitches or multiple orders or any of the other things that shouldn't have happened last night, I certainly wouldn't be supporting the complainers. All of the things that happened, many of which were in control of IF, including their selection of the vendor to handle processing, make this something that is not like other limited release situations. There are people that ordered earlier than others that got glitched out while later orders went through fine. That's not supposed to happen and it's something that needs to be addressed. Personally, as I have said repeatedly as someone who got one, I would be very pleased if IF prints thousands more to compensate for this huge issue. It certainly would take care of the complaints and restore some faith in their ability to service their fans.

well, for me, i made sure my address was up to date and i was signed in so it didnt try to make me sign in when purchasing. I also, cleared my internet cache, and rebooted my computer to make sure i had no slowdowns at all. my ssd, and 80 mbps download speed played a good factor into how fast i could refresh the page while waiting, which was instant. I wasnt leaving anything that could ruin my chances of getting one and when it popped up, i was lucky enough to snag one 

I maybe wrong but I think the reason a lot of people think they had problems was because it already sold out if you saw the add to cart off the main page.  It appeared as a 1 new by seller 1 minute or even seconds before the option to buy straight off the page came up. But by then all the 1-click buyers already bought it.  The add to cart option does not reserve your copy till you complete the transaction so it's too risky.  Also those that couldn't add to cart or couldn't check out was probably because they were all being held buy the 1 click buyers that completed purchase but the system was still processing the payment info before it could deduct it from the stock total (resulting in add to cart still even though OOS).  Most online store systems work this way I believe.

I think the 'cannot ship to address' message thing was just weird side effect of all the copies were being processed already as I didn't see it till later.  I '1-click' bought it thru '1 new' option and when I refreshed the page 1 minute later, just to see if it sold out, the 'add to cart' and '1-click buy' options were on the main page and I saw the same 'cannot ship address' message on that page.  At the same time though, CAG people were already saying they couldn't check out which is how I conclude that address message must be a side effect of none in stock.

As for people just not seeing the page change at all, are you doing a HARD REFRESH as some browsers by default try to load with cached information or some routers/ISPs/add-ons will resend cached info if refreshing the same page within a certain time period.  Can't just blame it on Amazon here.  It's easy to assume when you don't know all the facts but acting out just based on the assumption usually leads to problems.

I spent time a few days early just turning on 1-click buy option and tried it to make sure I won't run into anything unexpected during the sale assuming the store worked the way I described above.  It's not like lightning deals that holds the item once you add it to the cart.

And just for those that don't know, you can 1-click buy then alter your purchase information after its bought such as shipping method, shipping address, payment type, etc.  While I hope I won't need to do this ever again, hope it helps someone else if it does come up.

This is a bit out of hand. People with pitchforks ready to try and take down a company over a video game. I can bet that there were hordes of people refreshing every moment possible at midnight. Hell, a member even commented that there were something like 140 EDIT 121 users reading this topic between 12 and 12:10. I can't say that every user was scratching to get a copy, but regardless. This is one gaming community online. 4chan had a thread about this. Reddit did. Neogaf did. IF's facebook page has 5,000 likes.

I can't say how many people were there trying to get a copy, but I can bet it was well over a thousand. It was an EXTREMELY limited release for a title that has a decent following (8,000+ likes on Facebook.) Nothing I am saying is fact, nor can I back it up, but the chances that there would be availability for more than ten minutes were slim to very much none.
Just to get an idea of how big the following is the limited edition of Neptunia PP sold out within a few days on the NISA store. The limited editions of other games on their usually take a couple of months to fully sell out.

I agree. I think that's why people got the wacky messages, because it was gone already. The only glitch they address themselves is how international buyers weren't even able to place an order. They are the ones who mainly lost out. It's a pretty popular niche title that international buyers were even trying to purchase it. I think people are just underestimating how popular it is, and don't want to believe it was gone that fast. Whether it was by 1000 unique buyers or people who horded a few copies, the Facebook post made it sound like all copies were accounted for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back