Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus might have been delayed--I just received an email from Best Buy saying the release date is now 10/14, two weeks after its original 9/30 release date.
In fairness, it never had an announced release date other than "Fall 2014". XSeed hasn't said anything about the game since early May.

not that people probably care, but heard from square that when you preorder through them using paypal, its deducted immediately, credit cards are preauthorization then charge when shipped, good to know for in the future since their site doesn't cover this

not that people probably care, but heard from square that when you preorder through them using paypal, its deducted immediately, credit cards are preauthorization then charge when shipped, good to know for in the future since their site doesn't cover this
I think that has to do more with Paypal's lack of features than square themselves.

I'm willing to sell my spare copy of Neptunia rebirth for $300 flat. I will pull my listing off Amazon. Both copies are unopened and nearly flawless.

PM me if you are interested.

Thank you! I do have a few more questions:

1. How is the combo system in the game? What I really want to know is if the game devolves to just repeatedly doing one combo because it works. A major part of the tedium in Burst was just starting a combo, flinging them into an aerial combo, and ending it with a dive or ultimate attack. I'm wondering if SV avoids doing something similar.

2. How long did it take to get Platinum? Anything besides that lottery that was grindy? How long was the main story?

3. Is this game similar to Burst in that it is best experienced in short play sessions?

4. Not SV related, but have you played the latest in the series? I heard it was actually pretty in-depth and challenging, but it's for the 3DS this time.
1. There are a lot of different combos, but the main thing you aim to do in most combos is knock the enemy up in to the air, similar to Burst. I guess the main difference is it's 3D now instead of a beat 'em up. Also, your "hidden ninpo" specials are more prominent than what I remember them being in Burst.

2. I could have finished the plat in 2 weeks, but I stopped for whatever reason and now it shows as taking me 9 months. In truth, I got the last few trophies in an hour of playing a few months after I put it down. I'm a pretty slow player, so most people will probably get the plat in a few days to a week. Story mode is a pretty large chunk of the trophies. The last "tough" ones were grinding out the experience amounts, blocking 100 times, and doing the aerial 10 combo. Almost everything can be obtained from just playing through the story, which has a lot of separate parts (one for all the girls). I can't remember if there were online trophies, but I did play some online matches and it was a lot of specials spamming. They may not even bring the same trophies here anyway. I do remember the boss fights being pretty cool, especially the last boss fight. They were fairly challenging, but not overwhelming.

3. Yeah definitely. I mostly played when I was carpooling to work, over lunch breaks, etc.

4. I wish I had a Japanese 3DS to import it. The partner system looks pretty cool. I wish it was for Vita as well, because compared to Burst, SV looks amazing and rarely had any lag/framerate issues. Thinking back it's probably just an updated version of Burst really. More characters, 3D environment, new combos (You get to make Hibari a giant and smash them with her butt, and one of the new characters makes giant pancakes to crush the enemies), touch features where you can harass the shopkeeper, and of course ridiculously revealing clothing that I don't remember being in Burst.

Or don't, cuz 2 grand in my pocket = emergency trip to Japan and then i can buy all sorts of weird stuff :)
with the cheap prices on used/new games there If you know how to play them you're golden. I remember someone saying they got hearts and innocence ds for 5$ each there :/ and jpn eternia and such prices are 1/5th of the english copies.

Yeah I don't think this game will stay high in price long and is mostly rarity hype.  I'm still waiting to see a sold HDN re;birth LE sold on ebay though.  Could just be bidders driving up price and not paying.  We'll see in 2 days when a lot of them end.  Does ebay still list them under 'sold' if buyer doesn't pay?

I got a reply back from IF support and they surprised me with their response to "what will you do with customers that receive damaged copies" since I was expecting "all we can do is offer a refund" responses.  Not a good as NISA but better then nothing.

" If you end up receiving any damaged items, please send us an image of the damaged goods and we will try our best to resolve the situation with the resources that we are able to access. If the entire box and all of the goods are damaged, please contact Amazon for a refund. If it's just the outer box, we will definitely try and work with you on that!"

Anyone else preorder Hyrule Warriors at Amazon, Best Buy, AND GameStop just for the preorder skins? I feel like I'm doing the most lol...

I'm pretty sure there was a super rare DJ Max at one point that ended up selling for less than retail.
I don't think they ever went below retail, but both of the recent DJ Max collector's editions released in the United States have not really gone up in value at all from release and the most recent one was just as limited as this release, albeit more expensive to begin with.

LEs are such a finicky thing. They crash in price a lot (see many COD LEs among others), some keep their value well even if opened (previous Neptunia LEs), some are still wanted enough to get sales still (Wizard's Edition of Ni No Kuni), and many diminish their price a bit. I'd rather play the stock market than gambling about what LEs are worth buying for their value. As long as it has neat stuff in it, i'll get it. That's the main reason I bought the Wizard's Edition of Ni No Kuni when I saw that awesome book it came with.

I do hope your copies sell for a good amount ($300+ dollars) for Neptunia Rebirth 1 LE. I would likely try to unload it and just get the regular version, as the goodies aren't worth that much. Good luck everyone!

LEs are such a finicky thing. They crash in price a lot (see many COD LEs among others), some keep their value well even if opened (previous Neptunia LEs), some are still wanted enough to get sales still (Wizard's Edition of Ni No Kuni), and many diminish their price a bit. I'd rather play the stock market than gambling about what LEs are worth buying for their value. As long as it has neat stuff in it, i'll get it. That's the main reason I bought the Wizard's Edition of Ni No Kuni when I saw that awesome book it came with.

I do hope your copies sell for a good amount ($300+ dollars) for Neptunia Rebirth 1 LE. I would likely try to unload it and just get the regular version, as the goodies aren't worth that much. Good luck everyone!
At that price, I'm going to sell my Neptunia Rebirth LE. I like the game but the standard version is fine by me.:)

Also, don't remind me of the Ni No Kuni fiasco, I'm still trying to recover from that painful experience (my order was canceled). :whistle2:(

I only have 2. 1 for me, 1 for someone else. I've had some offers. I've watched a few sell, pretty sure people are buying.

As for not being the right thread, should I post in the other categories that no one looks in. Or to get things really off topic let's talk about how NISA censored game X for the US audience. Pretty sure we could use 300 more pages of people complaining about the lack of lolis. Lol

I only have 2. 1 for me, 1 for someone else. I've had some offers. I've watched a few sell, pretty sure people are buying.

As for not being the right thread, should I post in the other categories that no one looks in. Or to get things really off topic let's talk about how NISA censored game X for the US audience. Pretty sure we could use 300 more pages of people complaining about the lack of lolis. Lol
  1. Put it in the trading forum or sell it on amazon.
  2. Sell it in this thread and beg for a ban.
Since you're selecting option 2, I'm guessing you hate this site.

I don't think they ever went below retail, but both of the recent DJ Max collector's editions released in the United States have not really gone up in value at all from release and the most recent one was just as limited as this release, albeit more expensive to begin with.
I get the feeling people are banking too much on the niche LEs becoming valuable and they're selling better than they would have because there's a small group of fans along with lots of flippers. Compare that to the LE of a popular game, where it's probably more even between fans and flippers. Look at Drakengard 3 CE's... it got a pretty limited release but its aftermarket values are pretty weak. Looking at the LEs from niche companies, I feel like they're not all that different than the major releases (ie, a few that go for substantially more than MSRP but most do not).

This is all pure conjecture of course...

With this logic, I guess we should start posting our eBay links, right? I mean this thread goes off topic anyways. lol

At least the censorship issue is still discussing the game. Discussing your profits isn't.

There is the very popular trading section on the forum. At least 20 threads have been bumped up in the last 4 hours.

I forgot about it and it sold out lol. So now I dont care
I am sure that once it gets close to release date that some will become available. It is a trend that happens on NISA website all the time.
If you keep an eye on NISA's store the week prior to release they'll post stock from cancellations and failed charges. I'm planning on canceling mine with all the games coming out in the next few months.

Ar no surge LE under 25% How long has it been there? Anyone think the LE is worth getting?
I think it's a solid if not amazing LE. It's priced right (not too much more money compared to the FFF LE) and has the soundtrack and artbook which I usually look for. I'm getting it. It's also been 25% for about 2 weeks I think maybe a bit more. FFF LE has been 25% for a while too and Disgaea 4 LE stayed 25% so it's hard to tell. If you want the game and want the LE contents go for it. I'm quite excited for the game as it looks like a return to form for Ar Tonelico games. I just really didn't like 3, though I will likely give it another try when I have less things to play.

Whoever it was at Koei-Tecmo that decided to team up with NISA to offer and sell the Ar nosurge LE on their site is probably having a big "told you this was a good idea" moment after the Neptunia LE.

Anyone excited for Fairy Fencer F?
Nope I'm not really. You play one Compile Hearts RPG you've played them all....well not really,but it looks solid but not great. Right now my choice for that RPG is Neptunia Rebirth 1. LE was a bit much too, so I didn't feel as bad for cancelling when I got a blown out tire.

I do hope when it comes out someone gives impressions. I'm willing to wait till it gets to mid/low $20s before buying.

My Nep LE came in today and in flawless condition, fortunately.

I used gift-wrapping and on the tag printed a message in all caps saying "FRAGILE. PLEASE SHIP ME IN A BOX INSTEAD OF A BUBBLE MAILER"

xUz10t2.jpg

4ABYlLM.jpg

Haha. As tempting as that price is: I wanted one, I ordered one, I have one.

If I missed out on it I'd be looking at eBay going "I wish these weren't so expensive.."

So I think I'll just hold on to mine.
Yep that's how I feel. I hope the prices keep dropping though, so my friends will stop trying to convince me I'm crazy for wanting to open it and use the stuff :shock:

You got lucky with just a dented corner.
Yeah I've got a pretty decent sized ding on the front of mine plus most of the corners have some denting. Since they couldn't exactly replace it Amazon gave me 20% back and I emailed IFI about a possible box replacement since someone else above contacted support and they mentioned possible box replacement.

Nope I'm not really. You play one Compile Hearts RPG you've played them all....well not really,but it looks solid but not great. Right now my choice for that RPG is Neptunia Rebirth 1. LE was a bit much too, so I didn't feel as bad for cancelling when I got a blown out tire.

I do hope when it comes out someone gives impressions. I'm willing to wait till it gets to mid/low $20s before buying.
I'm picking it up here when it comes out. I can give a couple hour impression if anyone else is interested on the ins and outs of the game. I should have some time given the class I'm teaching this year, is actually pretty bearable and not enough for me to want to kill em.. yet..

Those eBay prices are really hurting my resolve to keep my copy

But more importantly, did anyone else get an e-mail from Best Buy saying that Senran Kagura Shinovi's release is changing to 10/14? Their site still says 9/30 as does everywhere else.

Yeah I've got a pretty decent sized ding on the front of mine plus most of the corners have some denting. Since they couldn't exactly replace it Amazon gave me 20% back and I emailed IFI about a possible box replacement since someone else above contacted support and they mentioned possible box replacement.
I contacted them and they said the most they could do was a 15% refund. While I was thankful of the gesture, I'm going on my third copy of Doctor Who Series Six because the first came with a mangled digibook and the second was the wrong item. I digress, I was able to find a copy of Akiba's Trip on Vita at GS today finally. As much as I was on the fence about it, I decided to pick it up. Anybody have some feedback on it? Everything about the game drew me in, but I am still just... Unsure.

I really, really don't want to sell mine; but damn, you're right, it's tough not to.

Those eBay prices are really hurting my resolve to keep my copy

But more importantly, did anyone else get an e-mail from Best Buy saying that Senran Kagura Shinovi's release is changing to 10/14? Their site still says 9/30 as does everywhere else.
I sold mine, let me tell you that all the money in the world doesn't fill that hole in your heart that knows you're ripping a fellow gamer off

I contacted them and they said the most they could do was a 15% refund. While I was thankful of the gesture, I'm going on my third copy of Doctor Who Series Six because the first came with a mangled digibook and the second was the wrong item. I digress, I was able to find a copy of Akiba's Trip on Vita at GS today finally. As much as I was on the fence about it, I decided to pick it up. Anybody have some feedback on it? Everything about the game drew me in, but I am still just... Unsure.
It's an alright game. Combat is kinda shallow but the amount of attention devoted to mapping the place out is insane. If you're the type of person that is really into the culture and want to virtually explore it, then go for it. Just don't play it for the gameplay.

I sold mine, let me tell you that all the money in the world doesn't fill that hole in your heart that knows you're ripping a fellow gamer off
What if you were fired from your last job for being injured at work and filing for workers comp. Then had to have 2 major surgeries and 6 months of physical therapy to fix the injury only to be unable find work because it's looks very sketchy that you fired and not working for so long. Also, whenever a potential employer calls for references the former employer makes up some bs. So the only way you've been making ends meet has been by flipping games.

^All hypothetical, any similarities to actual people or organizations is a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back