Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
"10 pages of whining"

change your settings to 25 posts per page if you haven't already.

I want hearts so bad but the issues of its beyond crappy localization, it being on the vita and random encounters make it really hard to be happy about.

is it true that dranganronpa 2 story / plot has nothing to do with the first game?
It's a sequel. While not actually a direct sequel to the Danganronpa 1, it will make references to it. Much like Persona 4 to Persona 3 as an example. Hard to explain without spoiling it.

Not sure if it's worth making a new thread, but Crunchyroll has been doing those video game bundles for awhile now. The current deal is

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE for PS3/Vita plus 2 Free Mystery Items for $33.99

The Vita version includes the soundtrack, while the PS3 does not.

The mystery items may be from another free video game from any platform, or a video game related merchandise such as a free T-Shirt, keychain, action figures, classic guides, etc. 

Shipping was $3.00 for me.

The post office hasn't updated my Neptunia LE to "out for delivery" yet, even though they were suppose to have received it from UPS on Thursday and processed it yesterday at 2:30 pm.

I have no idea why they're not delivering it today, are they closed the entire weekend for Labor Day? At this rate I'm probably not going to get it until Tuesday, 5 days after the guaranteed release date. I've been cool with getting a lot of my stuff a day late with prime shipping, but I'm pretty pissed off about this.

Xenosaga Episode 2... -shudders- Xenosaga is my favorite game series (if you can't tell by my username and avatar), but Episode 2 was so bad. And I'm usually generous about how good/bad a game is.
You're lucky. I never even got to Episode 2. I'm still ticked off that I own 3 PS2s, and neither copy of Episode 1 that own will play on any of them. I still have Episode 2 in the wrapping from years ago.

"10 pages of whining"

I want hearts so bad but the issues of its beyond crappy localization, it being on the vita and random encounters make it really hard to be happy about.
What's wrong with the localization?

The random encounters seem fine, tbh. The Tales games have had quasi-random encounters at least since ToS (oldest I've played) with only the difference of them randomly appearing on the map instead of just jumping into battle. Granted with the map appearance you can attempt to evade, but still.

What's wrong with the localization?

The random encounters seem fine, tbh. The Tales games have had quasi-random encounters at least since ToS (oldest I've played) with only the difference of them randomly appearing on the map instead of just jumping into battle. Granted with the map appearance you can attempt to evade, but still.
I'm not sure if it will be fixed before release, but apparently Bandai-Namco hasn't subbed what is said by characters when battles end, so if multiple characters interact after a battle, you won't know what they're saying.

"10 pages of whining"

Meh, Random Encounters have never been a problem for me, as long as they keep the encounter rate low reasonable. I played Tales of Destiny. Not only did that have Random Encounters, but the encounter rate was set so high you'd get into 4 fights crossing a room. Every room. For the entire game.

I can handle Random Encounters. Now if it has a Localization as bad as Destiny, then we riot.

I'm not sure if it will be fixed before release, but apparently Bandai-Namco hasn't subbed what is said by characters when battles end, so if multiple characters interact after a battle, you won't know what they're saying.
Really? If this is true, I will be very disappointed. I have always really enjoyed the post battle banter. :whistle2:(

That kinda sucks, but at the same time I don't care about stuff that repeats over and over again through the game.

Really? If this is true, I will be very disappointed. I have always really enjoyed the post battle banter. :whistle2:(
Same here. I recall this being the case for the version that was at E3 and a lot of people complained about it then, so part of me hopes that Bandai-Namco noticed them and decided to sub the post-battle banter anyway. I'll still get it regardless.

You are going by an old video. There is a PAX game play video a few pages back that showed battle quotes are sub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8UJOXbHHn0

Since many of you use Bing Rewards, I thought I'd share a new method I started using that makes it a little quicker.

Some of you are probably already doing it, or something even easier, but this works well for me.

1. Open a few tabs with searches. I usually do about 10 and just search for "one" then "two", etc.

2. Refreshes count as searches as long as you don't refresh the same page over and over. Hold Ctrl and keep it held. Alternate pressing 'Tab' (change tab) and F5 (refresh) 90 times, 90 searches - done!

A little bit easier than opening a tab and typing something every time.

Since many of you use Bing Rewards, I thought I'd share a new method I started using that makes it a little quicker.

Some of you are probably already doing it, or something even easier, but this works well for me.

1. Open a few tabs with searches. I usually do about 10 and just search for "one" then "two", etc.

2. Refreshes count as searches as long as you don't refresh the same page over and over. Hold Ctrl and keep it held. Alternate pressing 'Tab' (change tab) and F5 (refresh) 90 times, 90 searches - done!

A little bit easier than opening a tab and typing something every time.
Isnt there a limit??

Meh, Random Encounters have never been a problem for me, as long as they keep the encounter rate low reasonable. I played Tales of Destiny. Not only did that have Random Encounters, but the encounter rate was set so high you'd get into 4 fights crossing a room. Every room. For the entire game.

I can handle Random Encounters. Now if it has a Localization as bad as Destiny, then we riot.

I totally agree on tod's encounter rate. the very first cave dungeon with rutee and mary alone being one of the worst encounter rates of any rpg ever. Every 2 steps or so I swear triggered one. But just cause I put up with it in an old game doesn't mean I'll tolerate it in new ones. The games haven't had many random encounter entries since the ps2 gen though and I'd rather see that archaic piece of game history die out like the dino's. There's no reason for a current gen game to have them either outside cost and such cutting.

YES YES YES YES YEEEEEEEES

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm even more excited for it now! :whee:
ah that''s good then. The localization was the biggest issue I had but seeing that video it seems like almost all the issues have been dealt with. Minus english audio but whatever gotta pick an choose your battles.

Minus english audio but whatever gotta pick an choose your battles.
I'd say this battle is a win, tbh. I never use English dubs if the Japanese is available, though. Right now I'm suffering hard through the English audio and translation for FFX HD and god is that horrible. Yuna and Tidus just have the worst dialogue and acting I've seen in ages (I never played it on PS2.)

Why does the square enix store site suck so much? The main page works fine, but whenever I try to navigate anywhere else it doesn't render properly. It just shows up as a white background with games being represented by vertical links and black text. I tried it on both Firefox and Opera and am getting the same junk.

On a side note, kind of deflating to see FFX and FFX2 remake collector's edition going for cheaper. Lesson learned, never pick up anything denoted as "collector's edition" or "limited edition" by square.

Why does the square enix store site suck so much? The main page works fine, but whenever I try to navigate anywhere else it doesn't render properly. It just shows up as a white background with games being represented by vertical links and black text. I tried it on both Firefox and Opera and am getting the same junk.

On a side note, kind of deflating to see FFX and FFX2 remake collector's edition going for cheaper. Lesson learned, never pick up anything denoted as "collector's edition" or "limited edition" by square.
Because they are run by digital river.

I have no idea why they're not delivering it today, are they closed the entire weekend for Labor Day? At this rate I'm probably not going to get it until Tuesday, 5 days after the guaranteed release date. I've been cool with getting a lot of my stuff a day late with prime shipping, but I'm pretty pissed off about this.
Well I'll be damned, they actually delivered! I was seriously prepared to rain fire on Amazon.

My Neptunia LE was packaged like the other CAGs and had creases on the right side of the box where there wasn't one of those air bubble things.

Saw this on the back of the box and chuckled.

wS87MYA.jpg

Not sure if it's worth making a new thread, but Crunchyroll has been doing those video game bundles for awhile now. The current deal is

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE for PS3/Vita plus 2 Free Mystery Items for $33.99

The Vita version includes the soundtrack, while the PS3 does not.
The PS3 version includes a full colored manual, while the Vita does not. :)

Are there any pre-order deals out there for Freedom Wars? I played at PAX, really liked it and pre-order to pick up the shirt that Sony was giving out with pre-orders but got me wondering if there were any retail pre-order deals?

Pax was surprised me with some good stuff and I also got to play Danganronpa 2 on a Playstation TV, Natural Doctrine (slow, but liked, keeping my pre-order), Tales of Hearts R (looked pretty good), Dragon Fin Soup and tomorrow there is a localization panel with NIS America (wish NIS has a booth!).

Do all first print runs of Freedom Wars come with the DLC costumes or is it just certain stores? (reason being I want to order on Best Buy but it doesn't say if DLC is included)

Same here. I recall this being the case for the version that was at E3 and a lot of people complained about it then, so part of me hopes that Bandai-Namco noticed them and decided to sub the post-battle banter anyway. I'll still get it regardless.
Wait, what? Hearts R isn't going to be dubbed?

I see. That's never happened before, AFAIK. I'm happy with it, as long as they sub everything. Though I can probably understand whatever little they don't sub.
Sadly, this is the only way we can get titles like this anymore. The audience isn't big enough to warrant paying voice actors to dub a title like this. I'm cool with it, as the alternative would be not getting this at all. We have to take the good with the bad I guess.

Isnt freedom wars cheap enough? :lol: even more when you factor in gcu if you have ir
I meant pre-order bonuses rather than cheaper. The PAX pre-order bonuses were nice and was the first I had seen of the Amazon pre-order DLC bonus, got me wondering if there were any other bonuses elsewhere. I did not see the DLC when I previously pre-ordered at Best Buy.

Anybody's Danganronpa 2 LE ship yet?
Mine shipped Friday and arrived yesterday. Granted I only live 20 min from the new distribution center. It was in pristine condition. They used a strong box and lots of bubble wrap. What suprised me is the size of this CE. It's pretty big, standing taller than my original Hyperdimension Neptunia CE.

I'd say this battle is a win, tbh. I never use English dubs if the Japanese is available, though. Right now I'm suffering hard through the English audio and translation for FFX HD and god is that horrible. Yuna and Tidus just have the worst dialogue and acting I've seen in ages (I never played it on PS2.)
I'm sorry that you feel that way but on the other hand unless you happen to actually know jpn generally the jpn versions are just as bad. Its not like people don't say yuna's jpn voice actor is good either :/

Sadly, this is the only way we can get titles like this anymore. The audience isn't big enough to warrant paying voice actors to dub a title like this. I'm cool with it, as the alternative would be not getting this at all. We have to take the good with the bad I guess.
Well if they had just ported it to the ps3 it could of had a dub and 6x the sales -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back