Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine shipped Friday and arrived yesterday. Granted I only live 20 min from the new distribution center. It was in pristine condition. They used a strong box and lots of bubble wrap. What suprised me is the size of this CE. It's pretty big, standing taller than my original Hyperdimension Neptunia CE.
Did yours have an the Monokuma Squad Sticker? Mine shipped but hasn't arrived yet. I'm really curious because technically it was shipped in August.

Their website says:

To celebrate the release of Danganronpa™ 2: Goodbye Despair, Monokuma is taking over the NISA Online Store and is giving away all the stickers! Every order shipped out in September will include one of these delightfully diabolical stickers so make sure you don't miss out!

Note: Monokuma Squad Stickers are available while supplies last. All orders shipped within September 2014 are eligible, including preorders.

Did yours have an the Monokuma Squad Sticker? Mine shipped but hasn't arrived yet. I'm really curious because technically it was shipped in August.

Their website says:

To celebrate the release of Danganronpa™ 2: Goodbye Despair, Monokuma is taking over the NISA Online Store and is giving away all the stickers! Every order shipped out in September will include one of these delightfully diabolical stickers so make sure you don't miss out!

Note: Monokuma Squad Stickers are available while supplies last. All orders shipped within September 2014 are eligible, including preorders.
I am confident to say that if they would be shipping a despair inducing game, it would include a despair inducing sticker along side it.

So to anyone that has the game so far, how are you enjoying it? I'm sure that the game messes with you up to the first trial or atleast thats the impressions I got.

Their website says:

My Disgaea 4 LE came with a Monokuma Squad sticker so I think they started it early.

I'm sorry that you feel that way but on the other hand unless you happen to actually know jpn generally the jpn versions are just as bad. Its not like people don't say yuna's jpn voice actor is good either :/
I do know some Japanese, but generally I just find Japanese VAs to sound better. That it's not my native language does a lot to disguise the bad acting, actually.

Though admittedly if there were Japanese audio they would still probably use the subs from the English version, so the dialogue would still be trash.

If you actually understand Japanese it would be confusing as the Japanese audio and English text won't match.  Worst example is Ni no Kuni, if you chose Japanese audio just about everyone has a different name from English text.

If you actually understand Japanese it would be confusing as the Japanese audio and English text won't match. Worst example is Ni no Kuni, if you chose Japanese audio just about everyone has a different name from English text.
you don't need to know jpn to understand names being said.

http://mobile.siliconera.com/home/2014-08-31-dead-alive-5-last-round-announced-xbox-one-playstation-4#1

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round coming to PS4 and X1 next year in Japan. Hopefully his is the definitive edition with all DLC. But then again, they might just release more dlc afterwards >.>
So lame that we can't get complete ps3/360 versions without paying a fortune for all the dlc costumes + additional characters, which would be preferable to all have on physical disc.

So lame that we can't get complete ps3/360 versions without paying a fortune for all the dlc costumes + additional characters, which would be preferable to all have on physical disc.
Agreed. The price of the game if you buy all the costume DLC is like quadrupled. It's absolutely unreal. I hope that this new version has every single piece of DLC on it, but I doubt it.

If you actually understand Japanese it would be confusing as the Japanese audio and English text won't match. Worst example is Ni no Kuni, if you chose Japanese audio just about everyone has a different name from English text.
Xenoblade is also very bad with subtitles not matching the Japanese dub. Oh god.

Their website says:
Yes mine did include the sticker

Mine shipped Friday and arrived yesterday. Granted I only live 20 min from the new distribution center. It was in pristine condition. They used a strong box and lots of bubble wrap. What suprised me is the size of this CE. It's pretty big, standing taller than my original Hyperdimension Neptunia CE.
Holy fuck, that's huge. I can't wait for mine show up on Tuesday.

Hmmm that's weird. My Danganronpa 2 order hasn't shipped yet. That sucks, so I probably won't get it till late in the week.
Mine didn't ship until yesterday. It's still stuck in TN (like half the US away from me) and there's been no activity on it. Probably won't even start moving again until Tuesday, the day it comes out. So I definitely know how you feel. :(

I'm kind of sad, because this is the game I'm looking forward to the most for the rest of the year.

Mine didn't ship until yesterday. It's still stuck in TN (like half the US away from me) and there's been no activity on it. Probably won't even start moving again until Tuesday, the day it comes out. So I definitely know how you feel. :(

I'm kind of sad, because this is the game I'm looking forward to the most for the rest of the year.
I canceled my Amazon order, so I could get it at Gamestop and use that $5 off coupon.

The staff there were really confident that they would have it in stock that Tuesday morning, which kind of surprised me cause I thought they usually got their stuff the day after the release date.

Is anyone else getting the AX exclusive variant of the Danganronpa 2 LE? I heard there were only a handful produced. Can anyone confirm?

Wow. I was going to order ToH R to be shipped to my house, but the handling costs are crazy; $3.50 for 5-10 day shipping with 2 days processing? $6 for 3-5 BD + 1 processing? Crazy!

Am I missing something there? I was thinking the shipping option would be better so I wouldn't have to worry about them opening the game before I get there, but with this I'm leaning more towards picking it up at the store.

I am confident to say that if they would be shipping a despair inducing game, it would include a despair inducing sticker along side it.

So to anyone that has the game so far, how are you enjoying it? I'm sure that the game messes with you up to the first trial or atleast thats the impressions I got.
I just got into Chapter 2 and it's been... crazy. Just as good as the first one honestly. The new features during the trials are kinda fun. It seriously makes you wonder what the hell is going on. It's great.

Edit: Also, not sure about the length, but the first trial is quite lengthly. Hope the rest of the trials are the same!

seraph011 said:
What's the difference between this and the NISA LE?
It's the LE autographed by the game's producer (Yoshinori Terasawa) that also includes a fan and an art print. It was only available to preorder at the NIS booth during AX.

Here's a pic of the extras...

ulPXbhp.jpg

Wow. I was going to order ToH R to be shipped to my house, but the handling costs are crazy; $3.50 for 5-10 day shipping with 2 days processing? $6 for 3-5 BD + 1 processing? Crazy!

Am I missing something there? I was thinking the shipping option would be better so I wouldn't have to worry about them opening the game before I get there, but with this I'm leaning more towards picking it up at the store.
Enter "SAVER" in the promo code box; I think that should get you free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back