Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Which do you guys recommend that is coming up?
Ar Nosurge, Theatrhytmn or Tears to Tiara

Ps. I like the atelier series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXwqcs-AKgw

tough to say theatrhymn is just a button press rhythm game i like the first one but it not really a RPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmrV1TfxxuU

look interesting but never played it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRyyxW5s-XM

i pre order the LE but i liked the overall series so wanted to show support

What, no one's gonna mention Disgaea 5!?

Anyway, never gotten a Gust RPG -- always heard they were mostly mediocre claptrap, but Ar nosurge has the whole musically based battle system going on so I may have to bite the bullet...

What, no one's gonna mention Disgaea 5!?

Anyway, never gotten a Gust RPG -- always heard they were mostly mediocre claptrap, but Ar nosurge has the whole musically based battle system going on so I may have to bite the bullet...
Will Disgaea 5 force me to buy a PS4? Yes, yes it will. Disgaea 3 was the game that pushed me to buy a PS3. Of course, there were other games I wanted to play (and more that came out later), but it was the tipping point.

Eh. Every Disgaea game comes to portable with all the DLC. Hard to justify buying it before then, I think. 

At least for me, anyway. My backlog is horrendous and none of them quite capture the original's magic IMO.

Going to double dip on Persona 5. Was really hoping for them to mention P4DAN but Ill look forward to TGS. Shame it got pushed back to 2015. But I can wait longer. Maybe theyll release it a few months after the JPN release. Maybe a month.

Wanted them to announce a new Idolm@ster game for the PS4. The dream still lives on

We'll never see it.

My heart aches every time a new Yakuza game is announced.
Yeah, I'm still eventually buying all the unreleased versions, including the psp ones, to have the full collection (I wait for the cheaper Best versions to go down in price). Guess i'm hopeful for eventual fan translations.....

I really hope p5 fixes how social links work and makes them easier to do. Oh and it'd be nice if party members could at least change persona in their individual arcanas at least.  I also pray field dungeon commands, p3's after battle cards and p4 vitas skill select all make returns.

No one mentioned Compile Hearts stuff....looks like another FFF, that Omega Quintet that was mentioned before and Neptunia Victory 2, all for the PS4 I believe. It's more Compile Hearts, they really don't attract me overall though Neptunia games do. Hopefully we get them in NA eventually.

I like how geeky the Persona 5 MC looks. I hope for the best and will order it day one no matter the cost for PS4. Also on another subject how many freakin' games does omega force have their paws in. I mean I love Dynasty Warriors type games but...yeah so many!

It's the LE autographed by the game's producer (Yoshinori Terasawa) that also includes a fan and an art print. It was only available to preorder at the NIS booth during AX.

Here's a pic of the extras...
How much was this? They gave the art print and fan away for free at the NISA booth during Anime Expo, so those two aren't really anything.

Ty. :) Mine has already shipped, but called the Elite line to send me a gift card since it wasn't included in the order.
Well, I tried calling the 1888 BEST BUY line and was denied that, even though I'm elite. Is there another number for that? And where can I find such number.

edit: nvm, found it. I wish I knew about this before hand. The base customer service is ASS.

Danganronpa Edition Vita (Available in Black and White) and Vita TV

gallery_r_img_01.jpg

gallery_l_img_01.jpg

I actually want the new pink/white Vita:

Easily my favorite pink type color. I wonder if it will ever come to the US though....the other colors need to get here too.

Link

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evv-W19sMQE[/media]

Image Spam. The Hype is Real.

10592685_1528997547312739_8733699419049511007_n.jpg

tumblr_nb88w1hNvZ1sad3oxo1_400.jpg

Bwb1g8oCEAANJqq.png

Mine is still processing as well even though I have been charged and also recieved my 5 dollar gift code after being charged. Do you think they possibly miscalculated the number of the LEs? Mine is also coming with Disgaea 4 LE but it shouldn't be this much of a hassle. Hope we all get ours sent soon.

chickenbutt said:
How much was this? They gave the art print and fan away for free at the NISA booth during Anime Expo, so those two aren't really anything.
It was $60 without tax, so a bit cheaper than getting online in CA. I'm just interested in the autographed LE and art print. I was there as press so I didn't have the time to do the crazy scavenger hunt to get the art print. Would definitely not consider it free for that reason.

On a separate note: +1 on bringing Yakuza 5 over

nitrosmob said:
Mine is still processing as well even though I have been charged and also recieved my 5 dollar gift code after being charged. Do you think they possibly miscalculated the number of the LEs? Mine is also coming with Disgaea 4 LE but it shouldn't be this much of a hassle. Hope we all get ours sent soon.
labor day

Mine hasn't been sent either and I was charged back in late June. I think you should be okay.

my 2 copies were charged on thursday, shipped on friday, and will be here tomorrow.

heh that pink vita actually looks pretty nice.  I'd prefer blue or green though.  If I had the time money and skills I'd totally change all the colors of my systems.

I did not think they would release any limited edition VitaTVs so I kind of regret already buying one. I would buy/resell if I really wanted I guess and I do not like the design on this one. I wonder if they are only going to the LEs as bundles - that would kind of suck.

It's so story heavy I can't bring myself to.

Seems pointless.
Agreed and I have to say from what I've played of the Yakuza series, the story is pretty good and I would need to understand it. Heck even the side missions usually have some story. I love the games, but I already have enough of a tough time trying to get through all the options in a Japanese Rhythm game, such as Project Diva f 2nd. Just my two cents of course...and I cry every time I see another Yakuza game we'll likely never get.

Kinda still hesitant about grabbing Danganronpa at 20$.  I love phoenix wright/999/vlr, but does school mode make it worth buying over the fan-translated psp one?  Heard some mixed things on other boards/reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back