Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that music in this Ys PS4 version.  But then again, all Ys games have great music.  I'm glad to see a Ys game coming to a console, but it looks like it could have been a PS3 game instead.  That's not important, though, since the gameplay will be top-notch.

Ryu ga Gotoku has fan translations online for Kenzan, Ishin, and the fifth installment. I've played through both Kenzan and Ishin with help and finished all the side quests, got great gear, and could appreciate the story. I'm playing through RgG5 now and am having lots of fun with it. Sure you need to play through the other games, but I do believe that the official SEGA releases have a refresher course of what happened in the previous games. IMO, this is the best game we'll never see continued to be translated from Japan, so I won't be missing out on any future games as long as someone is kind enough to take the time and translate enough to help us understand and navigate through.

Ryu ga Gotoku has fan translations online for Kenzan, Ishin, and the fifth installment. I've played through both Kenzan and Ishin with help and finished all the side quests, got great gear, and could appreciate the story. I'm playing through RgG5 now and am having lots of fun with it. Sure you need to play through the other games, but I do believe that the official SEGA releases have a refresher course of what happened in the previous games. IMO, this is the best game we'll never see continued to be translated from Japan, so I won't be missing out on any future games as long as someone is kind enough to take the time and translate enough to help us understand and navigate through.
Do you follow online walkthroughs that translate everything?

Do you follow online walkthroughs that translate everything?
You asked another guy, but I picked up Yakuza 5 for $30 on eBay about a month ago, and I've been playing it with a walkthrough. The only thing that isn't translated is the long dialogue conversations that aren't part of a cut-scene -- where you have to press X at the end of each statement to continue.

That's been the only annoyance so far, because those can be lengthy. But otherwise I have a good sense of the story and my goals. I figured I could either not play Yakuza 5, or play it with some limitations, and chose the latter.

Same here. First order from the NISA store. Oh well, at least I know it went through.
Same I usually get a lot of notifications after payment. I haven't got anything this time. I'm seriously feeling they may have overbooked this LE and are probably waiting for more...but that's just a hunch on my end. I hope I get it soon...at least a shipping notice.

Same I usually get a lot of notifications after payment. I haven't got anything this time. I'm seriously feeling they may have overbooked this LE and are probably waiting for more...but that's just a hunch on my end. I hope I get it soon...at least a shipping notice.
same thing for my LE order as well :(

ugh every time I'm about to pull the trigger on getting ishin or 5 I just stop holding out hope for Sega to bring them over. :wall:
I also still need to get sengoku basara 4 and e.x troopers :cry:

My Danganronpa 2 LEs arrived in perfect condition thanks to the great packaging. It also came with the Monokuma sticker that was mentioned earlier.

same thing for my LE order as well :(

ugh every time I'm about to pull the trigger on getting ishin or 5 I just stop holding out hope for Sega to bring them over. :wall:
I also still need to get sengoku basara 4 and e.x troopers :cry:
I ended up importing E.X Troopers. It was only $14 shipped. :lol:

Danganronpa arrived, it was worth it imo. I hope everybody else receives theirs soon.
5juwx4.jpg
5ezxif.jpg
119qcya.jpg

I have only seen for like 25ish each time I looked. hmm thats too cheap to not buy lol

tumblr_inline_mt7303IQal1qj6sse.gif
Just got to look harder. If you look at sold listinga, you can see how cheap it can go for.

Its not particularly hard. There is a guide that teaches you how to play. I really like the design for it and Im still surprised that the pink haired person is a guy. Haha

going by the trailer it prettymuch confirms there's only 4 characters + protagonist.  They are gonna have the really flesh out these guys ability wise to make due with this small of a cast.  Also hope this means that we are getting 5 during battle instead of 4. it'd be silly to have only one character sit out battle. especially when enemies appear in groups of 5.

going by the trailer it prettymuch confirms there's only 4 characters + protagonist. They are gonna have the really flesh out these guys ability wise to make due with this small of a cast. Also hope this means that we are getting 5 during battle instead of 4. it'd be silly to have only one character sit out battle. especially when enemies appear in groups of 5.
I'm assuming you haven't played the older ones such as the persona 2 games and such. There was only a few characters you could play as, but they were fun, and had very decent stories. Personally i'm OK with fewer characters as long as we get nice fleshed out characters that are unique, plus a great story of course.

Got my Dangan2 today. Shipping box was crushed, but lucky it survived inside because of the thick bubble wrap.

Looked like someone stomped on it. Idiots.

Really cheap Under Defeat HD. I can recommend that game at that price, but the gameplay itself is just horrible. When movement is tied to the angle you fire your shots, it just makes controlling your helicopter all sorts of awkward and unintuitive. Yeah, I know you're flying a chopper, but they're capable of strafing in real life and being able to control where shots go while moving.

There's also slowdown galore. It may have been a design decision to leave it in there, but I personally don't appreciate the slowdown.

It is not a traditional shmup. But if you can get past the awkward controls, you'll find it's a decent title.

I'm assuming you haven't played the older ones such as the persona 2 games and such. There was only a few characters you could play as, but they were fun, and had very decent stories. Personally i'm OK with fewer characters as long as we get nice fleshed out characters that are unique, plus a great story of course.
story wise I don't give a crap as no matter how many characters a game has they almost always suck at character development.

I'm talking strictly about gameplay.

story wise I don't give a crap as no matter how many characters a game has they almost always suck at character development.

I'm talking strictly about gameplay.
That's funny because I thought the only thing redeeming about a game with bland dungeons and recolored enemies were the characters

Mine is still processing as well even though I have been charged and also recieved my 5 dollar gift code after being charged. Do you think they possibly miscalculated the number of the LEs? Mine is also coming with Disgaea 4 LE but it shouldn't be this much of a hassle. Hope we all get ours sent soon.
It might be due to a glitch in NISA's alert system. I only got my shipping notification email today 2 hours ago but when I typed in the tracking number it said it was shipping on the 28th and delivered today.

Had put a delay on my billing for Dangan 2 (Thanks to the Amazon shenanigans last month, I totally forgot about it). Just called em up now and confirmed payment, plus added another gift code.

God I love NISA's customer service, barely took 3 minutes total to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back