Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember seeing this. Looks interesting. Comes out 1/22 in Japan for PC/360/Vita. Weird platform combination, but hey, a dungeon crawler. Hopefully it'll come out here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VPSTCGZUrk
This looks highly interesting. If it ever comes here, I'd buy it for the 360.

Went to a local everything nerd store (comics, tabletop, card, statues, etc), and found the steelbook of Lightning Returns for $20. It didn't have the DLC but whatever, I was waiting for a nice price on Lightning Returns plus it came with steelbook which is worth something.

So I am debating if I want to buy a Vita TV next month or wait for a possible Black Friday deal on a Vita. I don't want to spend over $150 for the whole package seeing what's coming out this year gaming wise but I would like a form of the Vita so I can own all next gen systems, lol. Plus for the games I am missing.

same here, don't know why they haven't shipped yet, getting worried
Well, if they haven't shipped it yet it won't come before the release date. Hopefully they're just late with the tracking numbers, hrm. It's a shame, I like getting a taste of game before release so I can tell my niche friends on the graveyard shift whether it's worth it or not, looks like it won't be the case here, maybe it's because KT's involved...

So I am debating if I want to buy a Vita TV next month or wait for a possible Black Friday deal on a Vita. I don't want to spend over $150 for the whole package seeing what's coming out this year gaming wise but I would like a form of the Vita so I can own all next gen systems, lol. Plus for the games I am missing.
I wouldn't recommend a Vita/PlayStation TV if it'll be your only form of playing Vita games. Certain games that are already currently out, as well as some future releases will not work on it. If it's not a big deal, go for it, it's not very expensive.

In their fine print, they state that charge on the card can occur 2 weeks before delivery/arrival date
True but the game is set for Tuesday and they usually send it out early enough to get the game Monday or on Tuesday when it's released. This is not normal behavior for NISA and may be because they're working with Tecmo Koei.

I wouldn't recommend a Vita/PlayStation TV if it'll be your only form of playing Vita games. Certain games that are already currently out, as well as some future releases will not work on it. If it's not a big deal, go for it, it's not very expensive.
As someone that already has a Vita I really want it. When you consider all the RPGs and long games that are getting released on it it seems worth it to be able to play on a big screen. Then again I rarely actually use my portables as portables. Though I'm now at a point where I have to wonder if I should buy multi-Sony platform games on the Vita instead of PS3 so I'd be able to play at home or out.

As someone that already has a Vita I really want it. When you consider all the RPGs and long games that are getting released on it it seems worth it to be able to play on a big screen. Then again I rarely actually use my portables as portables. Though I'm now at a point where I have to wonder if I should buy multi-Sony platform games on the Vita instead of PS3 so I'd be able to play at home or out.
the problem being only a handful of games are compatible. I wanted to get one to play hearts r for the same reasons but its not compatible either. the sad part being it was compatible but an update took that away or whatever :/

the problem being only a handful of games are compatible. I wanted to get one to play hearts r for the same reasons but its not compatible either. the sad part being it was compatible but an update took that away or whatever :/
i think once it releases they will patch games to be played on the tv

Really? I think the list is pretty good actually

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games

Out of the "no"s they seem to mostly be games that rely on some of the Vita's features. I did think Hearts R seemed weird from what I know of the series but I didn't know the whole case.

It's more the opposite of that.

A handful of games aren't compatible.

According to this list (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games) there are only a little more than 100 games not compatible. With nearly 300 compatible and the other 300 unknown.

Edit: Heh, should have refreshed the page before posting

Really? I think the list is pretty good actually

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games

Out of the "no"s they seem to mostly be games that rely on some of the Vita's features. I did think Hearts R seemed weird from what I know of the series but I didn't know the whole case.
That makes my decision easy. As a Tales fan, I will have to get a regular Vita. The thing is I never really play games outside of my house (well I mean portable wise). Most is maybe like 3-4 hours a week at best. So that's why I was debating the Vita tv.

According to this list (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games) there are only a little more than 100 games not compatible. With nearly 300 compatible and the other 300 unknown.

Edit: Heh, should have refreshed the page before posting
And almost all of the unkowns are games that have not been released in Japan so I would imagine a good portion of them will work when we get the U.S. Playstation TV

That makes my decision easy. As a Tales fan, I will have to get a regular Vita. The thing is I never really play games outside of my house (well I mean portable wise). Most is maybe like 3-4 hours a week at best. So that's why I was debating the Vita tv.
I've got a Vita I keep at home for playing games while watching TV and in bed and such. And a 2nd Vita I keep at work for lunch breaks.

4913388+_f18501473c5798871e31cf9130d967f1.jpg

Anyone know a good import site that does shipping on release dates? I want to import KH 2.5 next week and was wondering if anyone had experience with any sites that ship fast and not a week later. I've used Play-Asia in the past, but never bought anything on there for release day. I would use them, but other stores like Solaris or 1999.co is almost $5-$10 cheaper. It's just I see other good sites too but then the reviews just throw me away from checking out my cart.

Reveal Trailer did. From what I could tell, it was with Buttons. Of course, that was last year and there may be developmental changes since it got delayed. 

Otherwise, I'll be expecting a DJ Max vibe. Haha. 

Still going to get a Vita TV. I cannot ignore the chance to play Persona 4 Dancing All Night on the big screen. :D
I'm going to wait until I hear more about which games will be compatible. Hatsune Miku Project Diva f 2nd makes it pretty tempting, though... plus I could use it as a local multiplayer machine using any of my digital games, I believe. Might be a good excuse to play through MGS Peace Walker with a buddy.

Has anybody played Cho Dengeki Stryker All Ages Version that just got released on steam. It's a VN but I'm wondering if it's any good. Also google at your own risk if you're in a public place there's a reason the steam version is censored. I don't mind the sex being removed as long as it has a good story.

I'm going to wait until I hear more about which games will be compatible. Hatsune Miku Project Diva f 2nd makes it pretty tempting, though... plus I could use it as a local multiplayer machine using any of my digital games, I believe. Might be a good excuse to play through MGS Peace Walker with a buddy.
I was gonna say that the MGS HD collection doesn't work but then I remembered that it doesn't even have Peace Walker on Vita.

Anyone know a good import site that does shipping on release dates? I want to import KH 2.5 next week and was wondering if anyone had experience with any sites that ship fast and not a week later. I've used Play-Asia in the past, but never bought anything on there for release day. I would use them, but other stores like Solaris or 1999.co is almost $5-$10 cheaper. It's just I see other good sites too but then the reviews just throw me away from checking out my cart.
My only experience is with sites like Ami Ami and cdjapan. If you ship it with EMS rather than SAL then you will get it in like 2-3 days which is pretty quick.

KuHLiiDE, on 21 Sept 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

D.Choy, on 22 Sept 2014 - 12:49 AM, said:
My only experience is with sites like Ami Ami and cdjapan. If you ship it with EMS rather than SAL then you will get it in like 2-3 days which is pretty quick.
if your going for preordering, those two are good but usually have a small inventory stock so its release day or bust, the other good site is Nippon, got my heart r link edition there when its was discounted, they are mostly games and have all systems, play is jacked up with prices so only go to them if you have too.

Has anybody played Cho Dengeki Stryker All Ages Version that just got released on steam. It's a VN but I'm wondering if it's any good. Also google at your own risk if you're in a public place there's a reason the steam version is censored. I don't mind the sex being removed as long as it has a good story.
I haven't played this one but the other Overdrive games I've played (Deardrops, Edelweiss) were painfully average. It might be worth buying for 20 bucks. Personally I'm skipping this one.

Interesting. Some of those games like Killzone: Mercenary make ample use of the touchscreen - it's pretty important in that game. I wonder how diminished the gameplay experience will be on PSTV.

Since there was talk of the PSTV yesterday, just wanted to let you know that Sony posted a list of games supported on the PlayStation TV for North America at launch.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5376
I wonder if that list is missing games, or they'll be patched in the future. It doesn't list some games that are currently released in the US, but the JP versions of them are compatible. Things like Akiba's Trip, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Neptunia, Project Diva f, etc.

Interesting. Some of those games like Killzone: Mercenary make ample use of the touchscreen - it's pretty important in that game. I wonder how diminished the gameplay experience will be on PSTV.

They'll probably change the melee attacks to quick time buttons or something.

I liked the swiping though, made it feel more interactive I guess.

Wow, I don't remember reading Virtue's Last Reward Compatibility before, maybe that's a new patch. It's so touch screen heavy though, this is a good sign for other games out there. Maybe they added a cursor.

I had Natural Doctrine ordered for vita to play on the PSTV.  Got nervous when I saw it not on that list, so I called NISA to confirm.  They said that list was off, that ND did in fact work on the NA PSTV.  So I'm hopeful a few other games that weren't listed are actually going to work when it comes out.

Edit - Just got my Ar Nosurge tracking number  :D/

I'm definitely getting the PS TV. My main reason is Dualshock 4 support (hopefully same compatibility as the DS3). It's just hard to go back to the DS3.

Now, I wish Nintendo made something like this. Though I understand they already have the foothold in portable gaming, and marketing such a thing would be a bad choice. Especially with new 3ds on the horizon.

Only reason I'm considering it is because that's half the price the full set goes for and if possible I could maybe get the 1st disc separate.  Thankyou for the response.

There's 2 listed in case anyone else is interested.  Main issue seems to be finding disc 1 only as I saw 2 and 3 listed on ebay but not 1.

Is it possible to play it without disc 1? as that'd be pretty sweet even if it would suck missing the beginning.

Only reason I'm considering it is because that's half the price the full set goes for and if possible I could maybe get the 1st disc separate. Thankyou for the response.

There's 2 listed in case anyone else is interested. Main issue seems to be finding disc 1 only as I saw 2 and 3 listed on ebay but not 1.

Is it possible to play it without disc 1? as that'd be pretty sweet even if it would suck missing the beginning.
If you had a save that started on disk 2 and the tools to put it on your memory card you could, beyond that I don't think the game just lets you start on disk 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back