Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting to worry about my PersonaQs from BB, not shipped yet....
IDK what your order history is like with them, but I know that all the stuff i've ordered online from them in the past month have shipped only like 15-20 hours before they were delivered. It's been insanely fast for me. So i'm trying not to worry unless I don't see a shipping confirmation by late tomorrow night.

IDK what your order history is like with them, but I know that all the stuff i've ordered online from them in the past month have shipped only like 15-20 hours before they were delivered. It's been insanely fast for me. So i'm trying not to worry unless I don't see a shipping confirmation by late tomorrow night.
Ya i been doing standrad shipping. On new releases they usually shipped by now. But order cant be cancelled online, so im Sure its fine. Im a worry wart anyway but i got 2x Qs LE coming for 67$ After pricing fiasco... So you know.... Hoping that order ships and arrives okay.

My Girlfriend pre-ordered Smash 4 Bundle in store of Best Buy. She went to pick it up Friday and they sold our copy to someone else. I had to drive 30 minuets away to another Best Buy to get one as they called around to have one held. We got a $30 gift card out of it, but they lost our business forever it seems on this one. 

Also I saw that if you ordered online they stick a huge sticker on the box itself. I collect and damn I would be so pissed if someone did that.

Also my Persona Q CE has not shipped from Amazon as of right now but its guaranteed for tomorrow delivery as I have Prime, lets just hope that it stays true because Amazon has been late on a lot of their packages lately.

Make sure you spend time talking to people in both worlds. You'll notice over time that a couple of them will start to disappear if you don't help them out. There are also several endings you get based on that and the quizzes you take during the game.
Alos make sure to answer everything as your real life self would, it's very interesting to see what the game things of you

Thanks for the tips guys. And yea, I usually do not use guides to help me in games unless I am REALLY stuck and confused or if I feel like completing the game to its fullest. It's always nice to see what happens due to my decisions, good or bad 0_0

Also I saw that if you ordered online they stick a huge sticker on the box itself. I collect and damn I would be so pissed if someone did that.
Yeah, I didn't like it when I saw that when I picked mine up. But it peeled right off, thankfully. Probably best to do it earlier rather than later. And that is pretty terrible that they sold your copy to somebody else.

Update on the Clannad Kickstarter (from an email I received last night):

The long awaited stretch goals update!

So you guys already smashed through the first stretch goal!

HD Assets - $200,000
First off, congratulations and thank you all for smashing through the first stretch goal before we could even put it up. We had our hands full working everything out because you were all so awesome! Regarding the assets, VisualArt's/Key currently has them at 1280x960, however we're asking them to process it to 1280x720 for proper widescreen support.

Next is:

Side stories from the PSP/Vita/PS3 - $320,000
Why the huge jump? We'll be getting an entirely new package design from GotoP!! On top of this, since the assets for the side stories were created by external partners of VisualArt's/Key, we need to pay for the licenses for that material. We also have to cover the costs for the voice talents employed for the side stories. We felt that since we already have the voice license for CLANNAD, including the voice licenses for the side stories was something that had to happen.

If you want to pledge for this ahead of time, you can add $25 for a digital version and add $30 to get the physical version. Also, anyone who is at the $1,000 and $7,000 tiers will automatically get these bonuses included into their pledge.

Our next stretch goal is:

Exclusive CLANNAD anthology manga - $380,000
How exclusive? Well, it'll be released to the West first before it'll even be released in Japan! We'll have a list of artists who will be contributing when we're closer to the $380,000 goal, so stay tuned!

If you want to pledge for this ahead of time, you can add $12 for a digital version and add $15 to get the physical version. Also, anyone who is at the $1,000 and $7,000 tiers will automatically get these bonuses included into their pledge.

Finally, more $1,000 tiers! We can unlock 5 more. We're trying to figure out a fair way to approach the 5 slots by unlocking 1 or 2 at a time over a course of a day. We will post further information about that at a later date.

Is anyone else having a miserable time trying to order through NISA's website?  I'm trying to pre-order the LE of htoL#NiQ (yes, that's the name) and was not able to sign in, tried resetting my password but never got the reset email, finally paid without signing in but never got the order confirmation email (so I'm not 100% convinced they got my order).  They've made changes to their site, and it used to work really well and now it doesn't.  I can't find a phone number to contact them now, either.

Is anyone else having a miserable time trying to order through NISA's website? I'm trying to pre-order the LE of htoL#NiQ (yes, that's the name) and was not able to sign in, tried resetting my password but never got the reset email, finally paid without signing in but never got the order confirmation email. They've made changes to their site, and it used to work really well and now it doesn't. I can't find a phone number to contact them now, either.
...You might want to look back through this thread a bit. You're not alone, plus I haven't heard back from their CS after I sent a question regarding this.

Is anyone else having a miserable time trying to order through NISA's website? I'm trying to pre-order the LE of htoL#NiQ (yes, that's the name) and was not able to sign in, tried resetting my password but never got the reset email, finally paid without signing in but never got the order confirmation email (so I'm not 100% convinced they got my order). They've made changes to their site, and it used to work really well and now it doesn't. I can't find a phone number to contact them now, either.
I ended up having to create a new account with a new gmail address. Their site is very broken and neither of my two primary e-mail addresses seem to be able to receive e-mails from them now. They also never responded to my customer service ticket from last week and nobody is answering their customer service phone number anymore.

My Girlfriend pre-ordered Smash 4 Bundle in store of Best Buy. She went to pick it up Friday and they sold our copy to someone else. I had to drive 30 minuets away to another Best Buy to get one as they called around to have one held. We got a $30 gift card out of it, but they lost our business forever it seems on this one.
Okay, I'll bite. So they made a mistake, and they corrected it by calling around to find you another copy of the bundle. They held that copy for you, and then also gave you a $30 gift card (30% of the retail price) for the inconvenience of needing to drive to another store around 25 miles away.

You should report them to corporate for mistreating you so badly.

Okay, I'll bite. So they made a mistake, and they corrected it by calling around to find you another copy of the bundle. They held that copy for you, and then also gave you a $30 gift card (30% of the retail price) for the inconvenience of needing to drive to another store around 25 miles away.

You should report them to corporate for mistreating you so badly.
In his defense, he did say "it seems"...

I ended up having to create a new account with a new gmail address. Their site is very broken and neither of my two primary e-mail addresses seem to be able to receive e-mails from them now. They also never responded to my customer service ticket from last week and nobody is answering their customer service phone number anymore.
Wow, bad time of year to be having problems with their online retail store.

The CS number is (714) 540-1185, if anyone else is looking for it, but no one picked up and it went to voice mail.

When people say a company lost their business they really only mean until they see something on sale there that they want to buy.
Not really. There are certain store chains I haven't shopped at in years because of bad experiences. With price matching so prevalent nowadays, bad stores are even more at risk of permanently loosing a customer's business as the customer can just take the ad to another retailer and get the same price.

Not really. There are certain store chains I haven't shopped at in years because of bad experiences. With price matching so prevalent nowadays, bad stores are even more at risk of permanently loosing a customer's business as the customer can just take the ad to another retailer and get the same price.
Yes, I agree with this ^.

There's certain stores I will not shop at if they did something drastic enough to warrant it.

There are certain store chains I haven't shopped at in years because of bad experiences.
Wal-Mart, for me.

A couple of years ago they were selling an Xbox Live subscription card for $40 (normally $60) so I ordered one online. Got an email that my order was cancelled, because the item was "damaged in shipment". Which raised two questions: (1) How does a plastic card with a code printed on it get unusably damaged in shipment? And (2) Even if it did, why didn't they just send out a replacement? Went back to the website and of course it was back up to $60. I'm assuming it was a pricing error that they didn't want to honor, which is fine, except they lied to me.

Haven't made a single purchase from them since. I don't care how much money I could be saving and how much better I could be living.

I refuse to shop at Gamestop because their trade in values are a rip off and they open new games. Although when they have a good trade in promotion I trade in there because I'm ripping them off, and then I use that credit to buy a new game. I don't care if it's already opened since I'm already ripping them off.

I refuse to shop at Gamestop because their trade in values are a rip off and they open new games. Although when they have a good trade in promotion I trade in there because I'm ripping them off, and then I use that credit to buy a new game. I don't care if it's already opened since I'm already ripping them off.
I don't understand people like you. Here is your logic "Gamestop are assholes for ripping me off, but I am awesome for ripping them off"

But really, under your own logic you should also be an asshole for doing the exact same thing. I guess you are what you hate, and it seems like you hate yourself. But I don't blame you, I hate you too.

I preordered Persona Q CE in-store at best buy, so does anyone know if they call to let you know it's in or do I just go in and pick it up?

I don't understand people like you. Here is your logic "Gamestop are assholes for ripping me off, but I am awesome for ripping them off"

But really, under your own logic you should also be an asshole for doing the exact same thing. I guess you are what you hate, and it seems like you hate yourself. But I don't blame you, I hate you too.
It's okay when I do it because I'm not a corporation.

I preordered Persona Q CE in-store at best buy, so does anyone know if they call to let you know it's in or do I just go in and pick it up?
I, until last Friday, did all my pre-orders at Best Buy in store and have never received a call/notification, always just go in and pick it up. Really hoping that Best Buy has my Persona Q Wild Cards edition. They did not have my Smash Bros bundle (third in store preorder fail)

I, until last Friday, did all my pre-orders at Best Buy in store and have never received a call/notification, always just go in and pick it up. Really hoping that Best Buy has my Persona Q Wild Cards edition. They did not have my Smash Bros bundle (third in store preorder fail)

Sorry for the double post

Great, well I rarely pre order in store but I did this time so I guess I'll see, hope it all works out.

I checked and my Persona Q (standard version) has shipped from Amazon. I'll have it tomorrow with Prime I hope, though that's far before I will have the 3DS XL from GameStop to play it on. However at least a tracking number has been created by GameStop for the handheld.

3rd....heck after the 2nd mess up I would likely never in store pre-order again. I would likely only order to be delivered to myself instead.

Sorry for the double post

Great, well I rarely pre order in store but I did this time so I guess I'll see, hope it all works out.
I was just in my Best Buy and asked them to see if they got in their shipment of Wild Card editions. They wouldn't confirm my copy was there, but they said they had a fair number of them in stock in the store ready for tomorrow. I was hoping the Wild Card edition would be more limited... I even thought that Atlus had a cut off date for ordering it. But you can still order it from everywhere.

I was just in my Best Buy and asked them to see if they got in their shipment of Wild Card editions. They wouldn't confirm my copy was there, but they said they had a fair number of them in stock in the store ready for tomorrow. I was hoping the Wild Card edition would be more limited... I even thought that Atlus had a cut off date for ordering it. But you can still order it from everywhere.
How late was the cutoff? I remember plenty of discussion here about Persona Q not increasing in value since it wasn't truly 'limited'

There is actually a chance ATLUS overproduced the LE, so it could still be up for sale for a few more months.

There was never a specific cutoff, it's just that the initial announcement made it sound as if there would be one.
I don't remember it sounding that way but it's Atlus and they are huge freaken liars from time to time.

from catherine LE annoucnement

The "Love Is Over" Deluxe Edition will only be built to pre-order demand and will not be available in large quantities
source

Yet they had enough copies of the LE left over on a game that greatly outsold their expectations that a year later you could still buy new copies from amazon -_-

Bought myself tales of Xillia 2 in store and saw Disgaea D2 for 19.99 so 15.99 with GCU with soundtrack included. I'm a sucker for stuff like soundtracks, but is the disgaea series good as well? Bought it on a whim. Planning to buy ni no kuni and possible final fantasy x/x2 hd online on Best buy. I do not think there are sales for them on BF that beat GCU prices already. As for Catherine, I'm having a cousin bring it over when he visits for Thanksgiving. Saves me some moolah for tales of Symphonia and xillia 1 later haha.

Bought myself tales of Xillia 2 in store and saw Disgaea D2 for 19.99 so 15.99 with GCU with soundtrack included. I'm a sucker for stuff like soundtracks, but is the disgaea series good as well? Bought it on a whim. Planning to buy ni no kuni and possible final fantasy x/x2 hd online on Best buy. I do not think there are sales for them on BF that beat GCU prices already. As for Catherine, I'm having a cousin bring it over when he visits for Thanksgiving. Saves me some moolah for tales of Symphonia and xillia 1 later haha.
Disgaea is ok but its a pretty low quality srpg series where the main focus is grinding for 200 hours and min maxing to do optional content. If you just play for the story you aren't gonna get much. It's basically the call of duty of srpgs. Gameplay wise its ok but the camera is god awful and the games look like they could run on a ps1.

Disgaea 2 was really the only one that attempted to do a serious story and its my fave of the series.

disgaea 3 has awful writing with breaking the 4th wall jokes every 2 minutes.

I think the biggest charm of the series is its humorous item descrips. Like one axe I think its name was berserker was its love for you is like a truck which is a reference to the anime berserk.

I don't remember it sounding that way but it's Atlus and they are huge freaken liars from time to time.

from catherine LE annoucnement

source

Yet they had enough copies of the LE left over on a game that greatly outsold their expectations that a year later you could still buy new copies from amazon -_-
Did the cover art effect this? I remember reading there were like multiple different cover arts similar to so3 and it was due to censorship or something.

There was a cutoff? It's still available for purchase on Amazon.
Gamestop told me it was like Friday at closing I believe, so I'm glad I rushed in to order it. Was gonna do Best Buy but they were sold out, and I didnt feel like taking 88$ out of my bank account right before Black Friday via Amazon.

Might try to hit up BB at opening tomorrow though, would love to get it for 68$ if they have extra.

forget tales of symphonia, it is a horrible port to the ps3, stick with xilla 1 ,and xilla 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back