Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Disgaea is ok but its a pretty low quality srpg series where the main focus is grinding for 200 hours and min maxing to do optional content. If you just play for the story you aren't gonna get much. It's basically the call of duty of srpgs. Gameplay wise its ok but the camera is god awful and the games look like they could run on a ps1.

Disgaea 2 was really the only one that attempted to do a serious story and its my fave of the series.

disgaea 3 has awful writing with breaking the 4th wall jokes every 2 minutes.

I think the biggest charm of the series is its humorous item descrips. Like one axe I think its name was berserker was its love for you is like a truck which is a reference to the anime berserk.
get guided fate paradox, one of the best sprgs released in 2013, and it also comes with sound track, if you order from amazon.com

Did the cover art effect this? I remember reading there were like multiple different cover arts similar to so3 and it was due to censorship or something.
there were alternate covers for the base game avalible (I believe only walmart and amazon carried it) but the love is over edition only had the one version so it shouldn't have really effected it.

get guided fate paradox, one of the best sprgs released in 2013, and it also comes with sound track, if you order from amazon.com
GFP isn't an sRPG at all, dude. What the hell? It's a roguelite.

Disgaea is alright. It's a comedic approach to sRPG with wacky mechanics. I do need to play more of the series. 1 was a great game. 3 was a huge step back from that in mechanics and story. I need to jump on 2. Haven't decided yet whether I want to do 4 or D2 after that. I've heard 4 is a lot better than 3, but little about D2.

About MindZero...it's coming to Steam soon. Something to consider when you're trying to decide whether to pick up the Vita version. I can't see the Vita price being that great and the game is supposed to be fairly lackluster, so holding out for the inevitably cheaper PC version might be a better approach.

If you're just looking for a dungeon crawler, absolutely buy Demon Gaze. Great game and example of the genre.

Having said that, if MZ dips to $15 or below I'd probably grab the Vita version anyway.

GFP isn't an sRPG at all, dude. What the hell? It's a roguelite.

Disgaea is alright. It's a comedic approach to sRPG with wacky mechanics. I do need to play more of the series. 1 was a great game. 3 was a huge step back from that in mechanics and story. I need to jump on 2. Haven't decided yet whether I want to do 4 or D2 after that. I've heard 4 is a lot better than 3, but little about D2.
People I know said disgaea d2 streamlines and makes disgaea much easier to play. d4 the issues people had with it is it has a very small number of units in comparison to the older games. It has a vita demo in case you'd like to try that. you can even save during the demo.

People I know said disgaea d2 streamlines and makes disgaea much easier to play. d4 the issues people had with it is it has a very small number of units in comparison to the older games. It has a vita demo in case you'd like to try that. you can even save during the demo.
Well I only have a ps3, and a hacked psp haha. Other than xbox. But will give disgaea d2 a try at least. Probably no returning it, but going to a backlog since I'm playing dragon's dogma right now :D

Well...I'm actually a bit leery of 4 after how bad 3 was. The story level design in 3 was just atrocious--levels weren't fun at all because they were all built so that the geo blocks were your main impediment. It felt like most levels were terrain and geo block tricks more than anything else. I'm not sure if that was new to 3 (I skipped 2) but I've no idea if 4 is the same way.

The other issue is the change in the way skill leveling worked. The whole teacher/student relationship in the first game where you could make an underling and then steal their skills was great. Getting skills and leveling them up through use was nice, too. D3 did away with both of those concepts and replaced them with a system where everything has to be purchased and it just became tedious instead.

Part of the appeal of D2 is that (from what I've read) it goes back to some of the original mechanics. I know better than to buy the PS3 version, though--I'll wait for the Vita port.  :D/

Well I only have a ps3, and a hacked psp haha. Other than xbox. But will give disgaea d2 a try at least. Probably no returning it, but going to a backlog since I'm playing dragon's dogma right now :D
did you get the dragons dogma dark arisen? or just the regular dragons dogma. you also pick up dragons crown from bestbuy right now for $18 after gcu discount.

Well...I'm actually a bit leery of 4 after how bad 3 was. The story level design in 3 was just atrocious--levels weren't fun at all because they were all built so that the geo blocks were your main impediment. It felt like most levels were terrain and geo block tricks more than anything else. I'm not sure if that was new to 3 (I skipped 2) but I've no idea if 4 is the same way.

The other issue is the change in the way skill leveling worked. The whole teacher/student relationship in the first game where you could make an underling and then steal their skills was great. Getting skills and leveling them up through use was nice, too. D3 did away with both of those concepts and replaced them with a system where everything has to be purchased and it just became tedious instead.

Part of the appeal of D2 is that (from what I've read) it goes back to some of the original mechanics. I know better than to buy the PS3 version, though--I'll wait for the Vita port. :D/
4 was one of my favorites, gameplay wise and storywise. Geoblocks were some of my most hated parts of 3 as well (Aside from the bland story, and Mao and Beryl being my only liked characters). I started up D2, but havent had enough time to really play it yet, but it did feel better than the rest. It automatically gets bonus points for going back to the original trio.

Part of the appeal of D2 is that (from what I've read) it goes back to some of the original mechanics. I know better than to buy the PS3 version, though--I'll wait for the Vita port. :D/
D2 does indeed go back to the original mechanics for the most part, carrying over some of the mechanics from the later games but mostly just polishing the older mechanics.

4 polishes and fixes most of the issues with 3 and makes for a solid but different game from 1/2/d2.

As for playing the vita port of D2.... 2016 is far away @_@

2 had geos but for the most part they were just there and not in the way outside the coloseum chapter puzzle. and ha yeah everything gets a vita port XD

2 had geos but for the most part they were just there and not in the way outside the coloseum chapter puzzle. and ha yeah everything gets a vita port XD

D2 is one of the better disgaea games, so you will likely enjoy it :D

I'm going to stay up and get Arcana Heart 3 and maybe Blazblue depending on the price.

Still sad that I missed Xillia 2 for $20 at BB yesterday. I noticed too late and it was already sold out online. As someone elsewhere pointed out though, it will likely be $10 on PSN at some point in the future.

I checked NISA's store and it said they will be re-activating all gift codes they sent out sometime in the near future.

So people saying you need to call in, I don't think you need to. Kinda vague on the details, though.

I'm going to stay up and get Arcana Heart 3 and maybe Blazblue depending on the price.

Still sad that I missed Xillia 2 for $20 at BB yesterday. I noticed too late and it was already sold out online. As someone elsewhere pointed out though, it will likely be $10 on PSN at some point in the future.
or less but yeah I would of liked to get a physical copy.

Ok.. screw NISA... anyone got their orders to work? It will not let me log in. I know im using the correct password but its not working. I tried asking them to reset it but got no reset email... very annoying. I was trying to get that new firefly game pre ordered and i cant.

Ok.. screw NISA... anyone got their orders to work? It will not let me log in. I know im using the correct password but its not working. I tried asking them to reset it but got no reset email... very annoying. I was trying to get that new firefly game pre ordered and i cant.
You, I, and several others in this thread share your pain. :wall:

kingdom hearts hd 2.5 remix collectors edition unboxing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2B8pc864pE

i bet some of you want that giant key sword in the video

[attachment=10187:10833550_10152964654658706_1859446931_n.jpg]

My Blackfriday buy!

I'm just missing Akiba's Strip and Fairy Fencer F to wrap up for a while.

attachicon.gif
10833550_10152964654658706_1859446931_n.jpg

My Blackfriday buy!

I'm just missing Akiba's Strip and Fairy Fencer F to wrap up for a while.
you missed mugen soulz

Muramasa Rebirth was $19.99 last year.  Xblaze was cheaper on play-asia before.  You know it is a bad deal when marketplace seller are selling it cheaper than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back