Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah man all this price matching on Amazon makes me wish I didn't do this Best Buy order...could of gotten Shadows of Mordor and Final Fantasy Curtain Call LE from Amazon....lesson learned for next year!

I feel like I saw Deception IV(PS3) go down to $25 before but it's showing as $28 now. Not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me or if the price jumped. Camel is still showing it as $25.98. I guess it's not a big deal.

Not sure if I should buy theatrhythm. I'm already spending a lot. This could get bad.

Any good deals on ps3 jrpg's? Or does black Friday not pertain to that
Tales of Xillia 2 for $19.99 @ GameStop (possibly Amazon, Best Buy, etc.)

Some used games for under $20 with Gamefly's used game sale.

Final Fantasy X-X2 $19.99 @ GameStop.

Lightning Returns $19.99 @ GameStop.

I'm sure there is more.

I feel like I saw Deception IV(PS3) go down to $25 before but it's showing as $28 now. Not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me or if the price jumped. Camel is still showing it as $25.98. I guess it's not a big deal.

Not sure if I should buy theatrhythm. I'm already spending a lot. This could get bad.
I didn't find Deception IV to be very good, maybe you'll feel different when it's under $25. KT changed some things from the JP version, which is one reason why I sold it. The difficulty curve is basically a mix of Dark Souls and MH, and the long-range enemies are difficult to target when the armored melee types are present. Also they removed mid-saving between missions/sections, which means you need to start from the very beginning if you die.

If you like this type of difficulty then I you'll probably enjoy the game more than me.

Amazon price matched on P4AU. I'm tempted to get it just for the Teddie bopbag and cards. Well, I'd play it too of course.

I got excited for a second there.
Hah, whoops! Edited my post. But yeah I'd grab FFXII as well if it were on Steam. I'm tempted by FFXIII simply because of the Japanese voices. I think the Steam version is set up so that you can use those, anyway.

Hah, whoops! Edited my post. But yeah I'd grab FFXII as well if it were on Steam. I'm tempted by FFXIII simply because of the Japanese voices. I think the Steam version is set up so that you can use those, anyway.
Yeah its an 50ish -60ish GB download because they added the Japanese voices.

I would love a FF 12 zodiac HD release on steam and ps3 :D

Amazon price matched on P4AU. I'm tempted to get it just for the Teddie bopbag and cards. Well, I'd play it too of course.

I got excited for a second there.
lol that is why I'm tempted too but guilty gear xrd is right around the corner.

I'm pretty bummed I missed out on the curtain call CE. :wall:

Smash Bros Wii U just had a lightning deal that was going to go for an hour or so, but either lots of people bought it or they didn't allocate much stock to the deal.

The deal is that it gives you a $15 Amazon credit. You can find it under Lightning Deals and try joining the waitlist for it, perhaps. I've never tried a waitlist, so I don't know if they frequently work or not.

Smash Bros Wii U just had a lightning deal that was going to go for an hour or so, but either lots of people bought it or they didn't allocate much stock to the deal.

The deal is that it gives you a $15 Amazon credit. You can find it under Lightning Deals and try joining the waitlist for it, perhaps. I've never tried a waitlist, so I don't know if they frequently work or not.
It's actually not that uncommon to score an item from an amazon LD waitlist, even if you had some crazy high number. Probably 96%+ of the people on the waitlist don't hang out on the site. The hardest part is actually noticing when your number comes up and you can then add it to your cart.

It's $25 used at GS, or about $18 with birthday coupon and PUR. Or $29.99 new. That's about it though.

I'm torn between getting lightning returns or curtain call. The reason is that I have a hung Lightning Returns will be $10 during Microsoft Christmas sale like 13-2 was.  :joystick:

I'm torn between getting lightning returns or curtain call. The reason is that I have a hung Lightning Returns will be $10 during Microsoft Christmas sale like 13-2 was. :joystick:
either wait a long time to save 10$ or get it now. Seems like an easy decision. Unless you don't plan on playing it any time soon.

I mean I still have to get through 13-2

:whistle2:
Same. Its in my backlog as well. But I figured 20$ new isn't horrible and it saves me the time of trying to get it for 10$ new. I have the excuse that my niece will at least be playing them though :D/ ah to be young and enthusiastic about rpgs. Where did the time go. Now I have all the money to spend on rpgs but not enough time or energy to play them /firstworldproblem.

Got Xillia 2 from Amazon, so happy.

Forgot Lightning Returns and Curtain Call were $20 and had to put in a 32 GB micro SD as filler for Free shipping.

Got Xillia 2 from Amazon, so happy.

Forgot Lightning Returns and Curtain Call were $20 and had to put in a 32 GB micro SD as filler for Free shipping.
their free shipping thing has been weird for like a week. half the stuff I ordered wouldn't work for free shipping and xillia 2 had free shipping but it was 20$. Had to use sharpies and crayons as filler for mine.

I was hoping for a nice little deal on Fairy Fencer, but it doesn't look like that'll end up happening. Amazon already have it listed as 'on sale' at $40. Now that it's off Best Buy--so no GCU--I'm almost starting to wonder if that's as good as it'll get... :/

Anyone know if the persona q free dlc is timed? Like it's only free for a few weeks?
I'm wondering this as well if anyone happens to know. I'm also curious if you have to make any progress in the game to download it like Fire Emblem Awakening, or if you can just download it right away. I wasn't planning on playing it any time soon, but I don't want to miss out.

Thanks.

I'm wondering this as well if anyone happens to know. I'm also curious if you have to make any progress in the game to download it like Fire Emblem Awakening, or if you can just download it right away. I wasn't planning on playing it any time soon, but I don't want to miss out.

Thanks.
I downloaded it before i started the game without issue. It just told me something along the lines of that I needed to reach a certain point to be able to access.

Thanks.
You can download it right away, but it doesn't become available until you unlock the Compendium.

Is there of a good list of J-games that are exclusive to PSN I can reference? I'm trying to see if there's enough on my list to hit the $100 to get $15 back.

Right now I can only think of Black Rock Shooter and Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment.

(Already have the Atelier Plus games, Senran Kagura Bon Appetit, Battle Princess of Arcadias, Chaos Code, Monster Monpiece, Malicious)

To my great shock, I saw 2 copies of Persona Q Premium Edition just sitting on the shelves at Best Buy. The box was dented pretty badly (Thanks to the fact they literally crammed it into one of those hardshell antitheft cases), but I'd prefer paying 64$ to 80$ any day.

To my great shock, I saw 2 copies of Persona Q Premium Edition just sitting on the shelves at Best Buy. The box was dented pretty badly (Thanks to the fact they literally crammed it into one of those hardshell antitheft cases), but I'd prefer paying 64$ to 80$ any day.
My store had 2 also but were fucked up from the spider wrap

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back