Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any way to track the package?
Nope, didn't receive any notification besides the email that they were starting the shipping process for all the orders. It was a nice surprise to see when getting the mail.

Where is the number on the game? Is it on that little sticker?
Yes the number is on the sticker. It does kinda suck that the sticker is on the plastic wrap but you could easily stick it under the plastic with the cover art. after you open it.

Yes the number is on the sticker. It does kinda suck that the sticker is on the plastic wrap but you could easily stick it under the plastic with the cover art. after you open it.
That kind of sucks. On the PSP physical release of CoH2 they put the hologram sticker on the case itself, underneath the shrink-wrap.

Does this one come with a matching numbered certificate like the PSP one did?

[quote name="Mako1215" post="12298187" timestamp="1417671652"]You can still get in on it.[/quote]

I thought that orders were done though

Trying to decide if I want to grab anything for the BB B2G1 sale next week. Thoughts on these?

• Danganronpa
  • Hyperdimension neptunia Re;Birth1
  • Senran Kagura
  • Deception IV
  • Akiba's Trip

Dangaronpa hads a great story and plays like a phoenix wright game. Very violent sense of humor and nice art style.
Neptunia is a fun jrpg with tons of 4th wall & pop jokes jabbing at anime/videogame culture.
Senran is your typical simple action hack & slash with tons of anime fan service & pervy flare, a brainless type of fun.
Deception is a strategy puzzle type game where you devise trapts to kill heroes in your dungeon before they kill you. It's hard due to limited save spots but a unique fun with some gag items to brighten up the mood a bit.
Akins trip is also a simple hack & slash with anime fan service. For brainless fun.

Trying to decide if I want to grab anything for the BB B2G1 sale next week. Thoughts on these?

• Danganronpa
  • Hyperdimension neptunia Re;Birth1
  • Senran Kagura
  • Deception IV
  • Akiba's Trip
I'm a big fan of the Hyperdimension games, so Re;Birth1 gets a thumbs up from me. It's a good 30-40 hours to get most of the trophies, though getting the platinum will take some time.

Vic_x51 is right on the nose with Danganronpa.

I have Senran and Akiba's, but haven't played them yet (seriously huge backlog), but I've read mostly good things about them.

Nope, didn't receive any notification besides the email that they were starting the shipping process for all the orders. It was a nice surprise to see when getting the mail.

Be careful to not actually peel the sticker off, I did and it destroyed it like one of those warranty labels. It was #55, but you can't tell that anymore...

@Callidus There was no certificate either.

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is $10 at GOG right now, btw. For another 23 minutes.

http://www.gog.com/game/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky
How was the sales of this game in NA? Seems like this is the only one they translated.

Weren't we supposed to be getting the sequel to that someday?
The sequel has been out in Japan for almost 10 years, so I doubt it will be translated now. But I hope they do.

Such a great game, bought every game in the series from japan and had to read story translation on my computer while playing it on my PSP and Vita.....

How was the sales of this game in NA? Seems like this is the only one they translated.

The sequel has been out in Japan for almost 10 years, so I doubt it will be translated now. But I hope they do.

Such a great game, bought every game in the series from japan and had to read story translation on my computer while playing it on my PSP and Vita.....
They're translating the sequel now, which is why they went ahead and released it on PC.

Can anyone suggest games that aren't just turn based RPGs? I've tried so many times to like them but I fall asleep 15 hours in.

Akibas trip is a buggy mess which is a shame cause I like the characters.

Xillia looks like a lot of fun. It different enough from traditional jrpgs?

Can anyone suggest games that aren't just turn based RPGs? I've tried so many times to like them but I fall asleep 15 hours in.

I'd try Ni No Kuni. It is highly polished and has fun combat, kind of like pokemon where you can run around. Actions still use a menu but you freely roam the arena.

Which version of Akiba's Trip are you talking about?

FFXIII

Kingdom Hearts.

The Tales series tends to be trope hurricanes, but the battle system isn't turn based -- it's active. So depending on what it is you don't like about JRPGs....if it's the turn based battles, then yes it's certainly different enough. If it's the anime style, then no, Takes has that up the wazoo.

You should just play an action game, I'd suggest something like "RULES OF NATURE!" aka Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. It's short enough to complete and a quality Platinum Games title.

I think it's the weakest of the previous gen Tales games. Well, Xillia 2 specifically, but I think Graces, Vesperia, and the Symphonia HD are vastly superior.

I think it's the weakest of the previous gen Tales games. Well, Xillia 2 specifically, but I think Graces, Vesperia, and the Symphonia HD are vastly superior.
Since I got my PS3 I was able to get my hands on Xillia, Xillia 2, and Symphonia thanks to sales. I had Vesperia on 360 but have not played that yet. Sadly I do not have Graces yet and will look for a sale for that soon. If I remember correctly, I should start symphonia first at least and then choose Tale from there :D

Do Symphonia first, but after that it doesn't really matter.

Honestly, I think they gradually get worse after Vesperia, so you can play them after Symphonia however you want.

Of Vesperia, Graces, and the Xillias, I say

Vesperia has the best soundtrack, dungeons, graphics/art design, sidequests, characters, leveling/skill system

Graces has the best battle system by far

Xillia doesn't really have the best anything, except maybe story, but I like all their stories about the same. Tales stories can be hit and miss. Never amazing, but usually good enough to keep you interested and intrigued.

You'll see the decline in quality with the music, dungeon design as you progress with the games if you play them in order of release date. It just gets lazy. The dungeons in Xillia 1 and 2 are a joke, especially if you've played Vesperia, which are absolutely phenomenal.

Do Symphonia first, but after that it doesn't really matter.

Honestly, I think they gradually get worse after Vesperia, so you can play them after Symphonia however you want.

Of Vesperia, Graces, and the Xillias, I say

Vesperia has the best soundtrack, dungeons, graphics/art design, sidequests, characters, leveling/skill system

Graces has the best battle system by far

Xillia doesn't really have the best anything, except maybe story, but I like all their stories about the same. Tales stories can be hit and miss. Never amazing, but usually good enough to keep you interested and intrigued.

You'll see the decline in quality with the music, dungeon design as you progress with the games if you play them in order of release date. It just gets lazy. The dungeons in Xillia 1 and 2 are a joke, especially if you've played Vesperia, which are absolutely phenomenal.
Thanks for the input! And yea I heard many great things about the tales games especially vesperia and symphonia. Will get right on them come Christmas due to exams haha. But I'm ready for my serving of tales. Heard Symphonia will take really long to complete since it is really two games, looking forward for the tale of a lifetime haha

Fallout New Vegas is amazing

If you are looking for something that isn't turnbased that severely limits your options considering more than half of rpgs use that type of combat system.

Tales of, star ocean, .hack and kingdom hearts are some of the few that don't.

Also define traditional. If you mean generic shonen protagonist yes and no. Alot of them have one but its not all encompassing. Yuri, Senel, Ludger, Jude and Veigue are all non generic. Hell even Shing and Reid break the generic mold a bit since they don't want to save the world or anything.

Xillia is easy but I wouldn't really recommend it. since the combat boils down to spamming palm strike judes one attack move over and over again due to it being the most efficient way to deal damage. The lack of content, character interaction and generally an unpolished feel to it among other things. The male lead jude is a lead in name only and has 0 significance to the game. Milla is the other lead and is the one that actually matters. which is unique rpg wise considering most don't have female leads.

There's also alot of bad writing/translation issues. A character death that is hidden in an almost impossible to trigger sidequest scene but is straight up mentioned in the plot being the biggest issue that hurt the story for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back