Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn! I just picked up Senran Kagura from GameStop @ $50. It was the typical gamestop opened & molested box too.
And least it wasn't as bad as someone I know. He bought a used Senran Kagura Limited Edition from GS (They don't have the normal one for whatever stupid reason) to use him his couples and literally all he received was the game, no box, booklet, anything..Just the game. Of course he went back to GS and returned it while saying, "What the f*** limited edition BS is this? to the cashier" Apparently just game game cartridge alone without anything still counts as a used limited edition =/

And least it wasn't as bad as someone I know. He bought a used Senran Kagura Limited Edition from GS (They don't have the normal one for whatever stupid reason) to use him his couples and literally all he received was the game, no box, booklet, anything..Just the game. Of course he went back to GS and returned it while saying, "What the f*** limited edition BS is this? to the cashier" Apparently just game game cartridge alone without anything still counts as a used limited edition =/
They only have the limited edition physical. Otherwise you have to buy digital. So GameStop was in the right, technically. GameStop still sucks usually though

Figured I'd ask here:  does the Theathrythm Curtain Call special edition come with something on the packaging to say it includes the soundtrack?  Got one from the BB black friday sale, but it looks like a normal edition.

Figured I'd ask here: does the Theathrythm Curtain Call special edition come with something on the packaging to say it includes the soundtrack? Got one from the BB black friday sale, but it looks like a normal edition.
Yes, heres a picture of what it should look like if it has the cd. http://gyazo.com/f2dbca2c914b74e12144861a416527c5
it comes in a small white box with the game and cd inside.

I picked up GCU but I'm really new to pre-ordering from Best Buy. I don't think I've ever pre-ordered anything from them.

Is there a way to make Best Buy charge at time of purchase instead of when it ships? Like if I use PayPal will they charge me when I order? Or will they just do an authorization, give it back, then charge it back when it ships?

I picked up GCU but I'm really new to pre-ordering from Best Buy. I don't think I've ever pre-ordered anything from them.

Is there a way to make Best Buy charge at time of purchase instead of when it ships? Like if I use PayPal will they charge me when I order? Or will they just do an authorization, give it back, then charge it back when it ships?
Using Paypal takes the payment immediately.

Just because of the included DLC?
Nope.

Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist Of Arland new additions include:

*Enhanced 3D character models

*New field map modelling creates more rich and vibrant scenery

*New chapters featuring Totori and Meruru who return from the previous Arland trilogies “Atelier Meruru Plus” and “Atelier Totori Plus”, brimming with new content and illustrations

*Additional Content, including playable characters, maps, bosses, costumes and more

*Improved Synthesis system and new Assignment system

*Expanded Item Crafting

*Newly restructured battle system with advanced combat features and skill execution between characters

*New Time Capsule system allows players to bury items in Atelier Rorona and retrieve them in Atelier Meruru Plus, and Atelier Totori Plus

*Over 30 different Endings: Interactions with character and decisions made to complete missions with affect the ending offering extremely high replay value

*Data saving and sharing between PlayStation®3 and PS®Vita versions
A big thing about Rorona Plus is that they brought in all the gameplay updates from the later games. The other (newer) games have fewer differences, but Ayesha Plus for example also adds a boss and hard mode on top of all the DLC.

Very disappointed with the lack of sales on psn during this holiday sale.  Just one niche game per week, and most of the sales weren't that impressive.  I probably should have jumped on SAO, but I just didn't feel right about spending that much on digital only.  Much better sales earlier in the year.  Sony needs to get their act right.

Those looking for Danganronpa 2 - $29.99 new and $24.99  used at Gamestop.  If you have one of those magnificent anniversary coupons or other great coupons they tend to pump out that I never get, could make for a great deal. 

woah! B2g1 at gamestop? Was planning on buying a few cheap games. May have to hold off now...then again they would be cheaper with coupon for each so long as the employee allows me to do multiple transactions
When it's store-wide B2G1 you don't have to do multiple transactions. If you're talking about using the birthday coupon in multiple transactions...YMMV. A lot of employees with say no to that one.

Also my understanding is that the B2G1 includes everything. New, used, games, accessories...consoles...

When it's store-wide B2G1 you don't have to do multiple transactions. If you're talking about using the birthday coupon in multiple transactions...YMMV. A lot of employees with say no to that one.

Also my understanding is that the B2G1 includes everything. New, used, games, accessories...consoles...
maybe it is time to get a vita :D

It was sort of hit or miss with the Ultimax LE when it was on sale for $30 the other day.
BB is completely sold out online and in store. Stores are not even coming up. Also didn't know Freedom Wars was on sale at BB either. I could have use my GCU.

Freedom Wars is $15 on Amazon and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is $25. Does anyone know if it's the LE with the cards?
Last week I was in my local Frys and saw they had a couple copies of P4AU LE on the shelf. If you have a local store, might want to try there as they will price match Amazon (just seemed to take them 4 manager overrides for each matched item).

Last week I was in my local Frys and saw they had a couple copies of P4AU LE on the shelf. If you have a local store, might want to try there as they will price match Amazon (just seemed to take them 4 manager overrides for each matched item).
Some employees might give u crap for the shipping though. One tried to match it to a higher price because the item didn't meet free shipping requirements. I mumbled prime under my breath and the guy asked sarcastically if I wanted to add $80 (price of prime at the time) instead of shipping fee.

I don't have a Frys in my area. I cancelled the Amazon order and ordered pick up at BB. Maybe I'll get lucky and catch P4AU LE. Walmart was trying to pull that shipping cost carp when I price match the DS3 controller from Sears sale last week. Since they didn't see a shipping price that just gave it to me for $17. 

Some employees might give u crap for the shipping though. One tried to match it to a higher price because the item didn't meet free shipping requirements. I mumbled prime under my breath and the guy asked sarcastically if I wanted to add $80 (price of prime at the time) instead of shipping fee.
You should say you would pay $80 if Fry's start offering all kinds of products under the sun for two day free shipping and a netflix standard streaming service, plus the best damn customer service.

Ah, I forgot about the shipping thing :( I have only had it mentioned to me once and they ended up matching as the item was $.01 under the requirement.

Celceta still not pstv compatible correct?
Just checked, it is not compatible yet.

Really Sony could have made almost all of the games compatible by using the DS4 touchpad in place of the touch screen.

Or they could have made a custom controller with front and rear touch.

Are they even working on making incompatible games compatible. I don't think there's been any updates/patches regarding this. Ded PSTV is ded.
Not sure if they care about the older games, but Senran Kagura wasn't compatible at first, I had to download an update to make it work.

Nope.

A big thing about Rorona Plus is that they brought in all the gameplay updates from the later games. The other (newer) games have fewer differences, but Ayesha Plus for example also adds a boss and hard mode on top of all the DLC.
Rorona plus is on the PS3 as well. I don't see how its any better on the Vita.

Rorona plus is on the PS3 as well. I don't see how its any better on the Vita.
He was probably referring to the Plus version differences when he said it's better on Vita, not comparing Plus on PS3 versus Vita. Your question about the DLC being included made me think you understood this since both Plus versions have the DLC.

Though I can't imagine anybody preferring to buy the PS3 version since it's digital on both platforms. Not unless they don't own a Vita, anyway. The portability is a huge plus, and buying PS3 games at this point is (at least for me) only going to happen if it's not available on PS4/Vita/PC. No sense adding backlog to an outdated system IMO.

Are they even working on making incompatible games compatible. I don't think there's been any updates/patches regarding this. Ded PSTV is ded.
alot of jpn titles were compatible its just when the na version came out shortly after it had an update that made games like tales of hearts r not compatible. That was later addressed and fixed a few weeks before its release.

He was probably referring to the Plus version differences when he said it's better on Vita, not comparing Plus on PS3 versus Vita. Your question about the DLC being included made me think you understood this since both Plus versions have the DLC.

Though I can't imagine anybody preferring to buy the PS3 version since it's digital on both platforms. Not unless they don't own a Vita, anyway. The portability is a huge plus, and buying PS3 games at this point is (at least for me) only going to happen if it's not available on PS4/Vita/PC. No sense adding backlog to an outdated system IMO.
its physical on the ps3. THE MORE YOU KNOW!

I knew one game had a larger "plus" rendition, but I forgot which at that moment. As for preferring the PS3 version, there actually is a physical release for the PS3 AND it has better graphics. So yea, there's plenty reason to prefer the PS3 version.

Yep, Rorona Plus is physical on PS3. I prefer to play things on my Vita, but went with PS3 this time because I wanted a physical copy.

Didnt see it posted, but AkibasTrip for PS4 is on sale for 40$ new at GS and 35 used.

I'll probably grab it friday unless Amazon PM's or something.
Amazon did. But if you have that $5 Gamestop Kongregate coupon and have to pay tax at Amazon like I do, then Gamestop would be cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back