Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the idea of digital, not needing to bring your games with you, not needing to change discs.

But that being said, these memory card prices & sizes on the Vita are what really pushed me to go physical only.

I did get a 64gig card (maxiumum size so far, AFAIK) , but I got that for PS+.

I usually only bring one game cart with me on the go because I have a bunch of digital PS+ games that I can switch to if I get bored.

Then there are games like FFX/FFX-2  where X2 is digital, so I have that to switch to at any time I'm not around my physical carts.

I share all of my Vita games with my girlfriend so digital only would definetly make that a hassle. Plus having a collection just feels good, it's a satisfying feeling to see all of your games on the shelf and finally platting one and putting it back on the shelf is like extacy

Vita is the only system I don't mind buying digital for, and that is because they give me complete control of backing up and restoring my games with my pc.  So if the PSN servers go temporarily down, zombies eat the servers, or if games get pulled down due to licensing issues, I always have my games and am not tethered to the psn servers.  I really wish more system allowed that, then I would probably embrace digital gaming a lot more.  

On the amazon coming soon page for the vita, there are only 4 coming soon game listed /; the only good thing i think 3/4 of them are rpg's but sigh the vita is really dead isn't it? I just recently got my vita back and it's really dissapointing that there is so little unless they are becoming digital only now.

Yes, it is pretty disheartening how little support Sony provides the system and others as well.  There are some nice gems on the system that some will never discover.  I put 60+ hours into Soul Sacrifice, and I still didn't complete all of the side missions.  I really wish Soul Sacrifice Delta came physical, and I am tempted on psn for 17.99, and the physical Asian version with English is still a pretty penny.  I do enjoy importing if there is no way we are getting it.  Just holding hope that some publisher will come to their senses and publish physical.  However, I think a lot of the US branches don't have confidence in moving enough physical media.  Capcom could have published like Okami HD for the PS3 or their Monster Hunter HD remakes, but NOOOOO.  

It has been 2 months since the compatibility list for PS TV has been updated.  There have been several releases on the system since then with not a mention.  You might go in to the occasional Walmart and see some stickers slapped on some Vita games assuming the Walmart you go to actually has some in stock.  It is pretty sad.  They didn't even try much with PSP, and it sold well.  They can't expect to get the same results when they do not do anything for it.  Thank goodness for NIS, Atlus, and XSEED making physical games.

On the amazon coming soon page for the vita, there are only 4 coming soon game listed /; the only good thing i think 3/4 of them are rpg's but sigh the vita is really dead isn't it? I just recently got my vita back and it's really dissapointing that there is so little unless they are becoming digital only now.
Um you do know that Amazon doesn't frequently update the product pages? They updated the information for Xenoverse way after GameStop, and only recently did they list the Super Vegeta dlc on the page respite Bandai announcing it last month I believe.

Don't worry the other titles like Grim Fandango, Residents evil, Stein;Gate, Duke Nukem, HDN U, Disney Infinity, and operation abyss are still releasing next year.

Gamestop will never have a used ps4 Akibas trip for me.
As luck (?) would have it, a local store of mine is one of only 2 stores within 100 miles that have a used copy. But I already got the platinum trophy for the Vita version, so should I wait for it to be closer to $15-$20? What to do, what to do...? :whistle2:k

As luck (?) would have it, a local store of mine is one of only 2 stores within 100 miles that have a used copy. But I already got the platinum trophy for the Vita version, so should I wait for it to be closer to $15-$20? What to do, what to do...? :whistle2:k
did you get all the endings? if so, just wait

On tap for next year:

Persona 4: Dancing all Night

Toukiden Kiwami

Neptunia Re;Birth 2

Neptunia U

Hypergoddess Noire

Tokyo Twilight

Hotaru no Nikki

Steins;Gate

Oreshinka: Tainted Bloodlines

Sword Art Online: Last Song

Operation Abyss

JStars +

plus a lot of games ripe for localizations, Vita is far from dead m8

On tap for next year:

Toukiden Kiwami

Neptunia Re;Birth 2

Neptunia U

Hypergoddess Noire

Tokyo Twilight

Hotaru no Nikki

Steins;Gate

Operation Abyss

JStars +

dMggX0x.gif.gif

On tap for next year:

Toukiden Kiwami

Neptunia Re;Birth 2

Neptunia U

Hypergoddess Noire

Tokyo Twilight

Hotaru no Nikki

Steins;Gate

Operation Abyss

JStars +

Vita is the best!

Played way more Vita in 2014 than I did anything else.

On tap for next year:
Toukiden Kiwami
Neptunia Re;Birth 2
Neptunia U
Hypergoddess Noire
Tokyo Twilight
Hotaru no Nikki
Steins;Gate
Operation Abyss
JStars +

Thanks for this. really excited now, are all/most of those physical? Are any of those digital only?

Thanks for this. really excited now, are all/most of those physical? Are any of those digital only?
Neptunia games, Tokyo twilight and Nikki are physcial. The rest are uncomfirmed right now but you can expect P4D and Oreshinka to be physcial. The rest are wild cards right now

Yay, Operation Abyss, aka Tokyo Shinseiroku Operation Abyss namedrops above. I was going to mention that I don't remember reading anything about Operation Abyss until seeing a link in the latest NISA Prinny Bomb, released December 17th I believe:

http://nisamerica.com/nart/pbombs/2014/507/OA_announcement_12162014_Finalpb.pdf

Two screenshots: one showing what looks like a party of 6 and another showing what appears to be a cool police detective smoking a cigarette. You guys had me at "Dungeon RPG."

Something to hold me over until someone starts talking about Demon Gaze 2. Operation Abyss is also developed by Experience so I reckon the gameplay will be satisfactorily similar to Demon Gaze.

Well I'm sure some of the above facts are accurate. I'm excited is what I'm trying to get at.

Yay, Operation Abyss, aka Tokyo Shinseiroku Operation Abyss namedrops above. I was going to mention that I don't remember reading anything about Operation Abyss until seeing a link in the latest NISA Prinny Bomb, released December 17th I believe:

http://nisamerica.com/nart/pbombs/2014/507/OA_announcement_12162014_Finalpb.pdf

Two screenshots: one showing what looks like a party of 6 and another showing what appears to be a cool police detective smoking a cigarette. You guys had me at "Dungeon RPG."

Something to hold me over until someone starts talking about Demon Gaze 2. Operation Abyss is also developed by Experience so I reckon the gameplay will be satisfactorily similar to Demon Gaze.

Well I'm sure some of the above facts are accurate. I'm excited is what I'm trying to get at.
Oh, if it's by NISA it'll most likely be physical. I think they're working on a sequel to operation abyss right now so we'll prolly have a bit to wait for Demon Gaze 2. I wish to see how the FranxPinayxMC harem plays out

I imagine it'll be like Freedom Wars again. NA gets a physical copy and EU gets digital. Then they will complain enough so that they can also get a physical copy

Damn, I just finished Danganronpa 2 and holy, was that game amazing!! SO many feels :(

I also loved the OST, sometimes I would just wait to hear the track play instead of solving the cases lolol!

Hopefully another game like this comes around soon. First visual novel I played and I have to say, I think I may have been missing out

Damn, I just finished Danganronpa 2 and holy, was that game amazing!! SO many feels :(

I also loved the OST, sometimes I would just wait to hear the track play instead of solving the cases lolol!

Hopefully another game like this comes around soon. First visual novel I played and I have to say, I think I may have been missing out
Did you play phoenix wright before?

Edit: not a visual novel but sort of in the categorie that i feel like people should play :p

if you enjoyed ddanganronpa 2, you should def get Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

*High five* Agreed, man, what a great game and soundtrack. I just finished recently as well, now looking at Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward--or 999, aka Zero Escape Volume 1--which is currently and unfortunately only on iOS or 3DS I believe. The gameplay to that games looks a little more puzzlish, like a certain room from Danganronpa 2.

*High five* Agreed, man, what a great game and soundtrack. I just finished recently as well, now looking at Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward--or 999, aka Zero Escape Volume 1--which is currently and unfortunately only on iOS or 3DS I believe. The gameplay to that games looks a little more puzzlish, like a certain room from Danganronpa 2.
You HAVE to play 999 first. Just play the iOS version somehow or play it on an emulator.

Did you play phoenix wright before?

Edit: not a visual novel but sort of in the categorie that i feel like people should play :p
Phoenix Wright is what happens when someone tries to make a visual novel, and accidentally makes a point and click adventure instead. That's the kind of insane, logic-defying origin that a series like Phoenix Wright deserves.

I keep hearing this is such a great game, obviously I wanted to start with the first game, so I started Trigger Happy Havoc, maybe played an hour and didn't get into it yet. I guess I still have too many other games that I fell in love with immediately that I need to get through first. LOVE P4G, but still need to finish.

If it's really good I probably need someone to push me into the series, otherwise I'll get to it after a few other games.

I'm definitely excited that there are still plenty of quality Vita games waiting for me.

Finally got my Shining Resonance game. Gameplay seems decent. Cutscenes for the must part are voiced luckily so I'm able to understand the main story but unfortunately tutorials aren't really demonstrated,dialogue with non-protagonist with unvoiced and character specific events aren't voice so I have some holes to fill in understanding the story, as well as some guesswork to fill in the romance events. 

Biggest problem with the game I've seen so far is that sometimes the AI just acts funny. I've had Sonia randomly just die against an enemy in a few seconds when the enemy only hits like 1/6th health per hit. Sonia randomly get confused and just stay at the border of a fight and guard the whole fight. And the game seems to once in a while become completely unresponsive in that the NPCs you have to talk to to turn in a quest just refuses to respond to you until you restart the game. 

The good thing is, at least for me, is that the game is rather challenging. Rare monster fights, bosses etc are usually higher level than you...much higher level, like 10-30x levels higher so the need to property utilize you resources is important (Kizuna Diagram, Tuning, Blocking, Shining Dragon summoning etc)

Random con, since this game is published by Sega, the chances of localization seem rather...low.

I never played Phoenix Wright but I did watch the super sweet Takashi Miike film version and it was so awesome I'd even try showing it to family members if I had a proper DVD version.

Also, to occasionally stay on topic, it looks like all the games I had previously put into my shopping cart on the Gamefly year-end deals page are now all sold out, so there's mostly slim pickings remaining. Bummer.

I feel like we should start a new thread that keeps track of all upcoming releases and stores details in the first post. Following this thread is a pain in the assssssssssssss.

I just click the notification on the home page which takes me to the oldest post I hadn't read yet, scroll through the updates, and if there's an announcement for something I want I drop it onto a spreadsheet in google drive.

You could also get a reader like feedly and follow siliconera + gematsu. Between those two you'll get almost all the news you need.

I added sankakucomplex to my reader as well after someone linked it here.. but now I have to make sure to disable the Wi-Fi when I go to work..

While not necessary, you should play DR1 prior to DR2. It sort of like skipping to infamous 2, where you'll be lost on the overall story of Cole, but will still understand the sequel.

... announcement for something I want I drop it onto a spreadsheet in google drive.
Do you care to share your spreadsheet organization format techniques? I'm thinking of doing similar, maybe naming one tab "Preorder" and listing price and title and release date, then coloring the cells red if I haven't preordered and green if I have; having another tab at the bottom for "Wish List," maybe also just include release date and what I feel would be a good price to stick to (if it is something that needs eBay to acquire), and maybe even a 3rd tab for if I get really bored and want to start listing entire collection.

My uncle showed me a similar spreadsheet he was working on, only the context was books, specifically hardback horror genre; I really need to see his organization/formatting on that project again!

Do you care to share your spreadsheet organization format techniques? I'm thinking of doing similar, maybe naming one tab "Preorder" and listing price and title and release date, then coloring the cells red if I haven't preordered and green if I have; having another tab at the bottom for "Wish List," maybe also just include release date and what I feel would be a good price to stick to (if it is something that needs eBay to acquire), and maybe even a 3rd tab for if I get really bored and want to start listing entire collection.

My uncle showed me a similar spreadsheet he was working on, only the context was books, specifically hardback horror genre; I really need to see his organization/formatting on that project again!
I do something similar. I have tabs that are titled "Game Title", "Release Date", "System", "Price", "Location Preordered" ( I use N/A if it isn't yet), and "Collectors Edition/Limited Edition". I have the list sorted by release date. So I can cringe and see how crazy some months really are. The then color code the rows to organize. Leaving it white means I'm undecided if I want to get it. Green means getting 100%, Red means I've changed my mind and not getting, Light Blue means I'm waiting for a price drop, and I change the color to yellow if I bought it.

It prolly sounds like more effort than it is worth but I needed to keep track of where my preorders were and how much I was spending. Plus I needed a go to list to see what I was still needed for during sales like b2g1 because normally I would blank in the store and get nothing lol. For this years list I think I might change the Price tag to include desired price point I'd like to pay on the ones I'm waiting on.

Yeah, most titles are digital-only. There were 23 new games in November and I think 2-3 of them were physical. Haven't checked the count for December yet, but I'm sure the ratio is similar if not worse.

Yeah, most titles are digital-only. There were 23 new games in November and I think 2-3 of them were physical. Haven't checked the count for December yet, but I'm sure the ratio is similar if not worse.
I guess it is a good thing I invested in that bigger memory card after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back