Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Bravely Default as a christmas present ... was playing it for 20 hours of grinding (its so fun!) then i went to bed and let my 3ds idle/sleep/standby (by just closing it) to unlock stuff in the game and letting it charge, but when i woke up it tells me to 3ds card was removed which it wasn't ... i was like "oh okay atleast i saved should be fine" I WAS WRONG SHIT GOT REAL AND DELETED MY SAVE FILE ... now i have no urge to replay it. Too many games to try out now... ohwell moving onto dangan ronpa T_T for now.

I know they almost always go on sale, but what's the cheapest Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable have been on PSN?

They were on sale for $70 alone and $100 for the bundle a few weeks ago. But I think the original bundle also included a game at that time. And now it's just DS3 + PSTV @ $100. New price ($20 off original, or free DS3).
Where are people seeing that it no longer includes a game? Does it still include the memory card?

Got Bravely Default as a christmas present ... was playing it for 20 hours of grinding (its so fun!) then i went to bed and let my 3ds idle/sleep/standby (by just closing it) to unlock stuff in the game and letting it charge, but when i woke up it tells me to 3ds card was removed which it wasn't ... i was like "oh okay atleast i saved should be fine" I WAS WRONG SHIT GOT REAL AND DELETED MY SAVE FILE ... now i have no urge to replay it. Too many games to try out now... ohwell moving onto dangan ronpa T_T for now.
That just means you wouldn't have finished the second half of the game, so you saved yourself some time, I guess.

Here's a used Soul Sacrifice with a weird cover (was it original reversible or something?) on eBay for 12.50 counting shipping; zero bids and 9 hours to go.

It's not Delta version but still seems like a decent price and both games have separate trophy lists, anyhow.
Mine has that exact cover if you flip it around.

I got it at launch.

I know they almost always go on sale, but what's the cheapest Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable have been on PSN?
P3P has been 4.99 and I know P4G was around $14 during the Golden Week sale earlier this year, but I am not sure if that is the cheapest it has been.

The 1080i is good to know. I wasn't aware of that. The newer model Vitas do have 1GB built in as well, I believe.

My wife and I both have regular Vita's, we're just realizing that we'd probably have to put a PlayStation console in our second room for Sony's Vue service so if the PSTV gets support it seemed like a solid bet - small console, plays some Vita games, and digital PSP games. 1080i could be a bummer though. Just going to wait it out though. They might not even support the service on PSTV. It doesn't make much sense to purchase one assuming they will, I don't think.

Since you mentioned that the bundle for $100 doesn't contain a game anymore, it looks like this qualifies as a deal:

Gamestop has the bundle with LEGO Movie Videogame, 8GB memory card, Dualshock 3, and microconsole for $100:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/playstation-tv-system-bundle/115549
not terrible but if all you need is the 8gb card then you could just buy one of the sub sixty vita tvs off amazon and get a 8gb card or bigger separate.

If all people are basing the bundle no longer comes with a game or memory card is the picture on Amazon of a controller and the console that picture has been there forever

I really can't see them localizing this, considering Chaos;Child didn't even make it to the top 50 in Japan. Especially since it's a VN

Still trying to decide if I want to jump on this simply because I have way too many games to play at the moment and have other post xmas stuff I want to buy... but it really is such a damn good game that I decided to give the heads up. 

Mobile Suit Gundam Vs. Full Boost (Asia version) is on sale at Play Asia for $39.99. Thats half off its normal price and compared to the Japanese version. Note: Japanese and Asia versions of most games, this one included are exactly the same. Shipping is only $9~12 to USA.

Note2~blahblahblah:

-Game is all in Japanese

-There are dozens of menu translations and guides thanks to the sizeable English player base

-Game can be played, completed, and enjoyed perfectly fine without any Japanese knowledge

-Yes there is a newer version in the arcades at the moment

-No that version will not be announced for consoles at least for 9+ months

-This sale prices is about $10 more than the older version of this game which is on the best sellers re-release category so its a steal

-Basically considered to be the best Gundam game/game franchise ever, very fun, frantic, and super competitive with friends (up to 4 people) 

Anyone think pikmin 3 is going perma out of print? Nintendo especially with gamestops help has been doing a lot of re prints of games that sold out of retail ie xenoblade, metroid collection, etc. I am just trying to decide to get it at $30 or wait for $20 in the future.

Anyone think pikmin 3 is going perma out of print? Nintendo especially with gamestops help has been doing a lot of re prints of games that sold out of retail ie xenoblade, metroid collection, etc. I am just trying to decide to get it at $30 or wait for $20 in the future.
And many that never got a reprint like Fire Emblem so who knows.

Grisaia kickstarter got me interested after seeing how messed up the anime was. Decided to split the cost with a friend who was only interested in the digital copy. 

In case people haven't been checking, Target put a bunch of their vita games in the 50% off clearance. I picked up gravity rush today for $7.50.

Really impressive how many Visual Novels are coming west.  My hope is these get Vita versions as what I'd prefer to play them on.

psychopass anime sucks so I'm gonna pass on that one.  I highly doubt a vn for it could be anygood when the writing was just in such poor taste.  Would of been a great series if they took out the awful female lead, the main villain and tweaked the serial killer test so it wasn't full of fail.

In case people haven't been checking, Target put a bunch of their vita games in the 50% off clearance. I picked up gravity rush today for $7.50.
ooh cool I need to pick up some vita games since I only own hearts r. too bad my only target is in a upscale area so they don't price match and rarely put stuff on sale outside microwaves. Damn do they have good prices on microwaves though I always go there especially when they have their gift card promos like buy 2 24 pks of pop and get a 15$ gift card.

It would be nice if they had anything but I'm not getting my hopes up. :pray:

And many that never got a reprint like Fire Emblem so who knows.
ugh don't remind me. I've spent waay too much money on that series trying to pick up the older titles. thank god for price tracker. Of course if I had gotten to block buster when they were closing sooner I probably could of gotten radiant dawn for cheap like a bunch of other people did :/

Seeing Akiba's Trip on sale on PSN made me want to get it on console since I enjoyed it on Vita. But I was disappointed since the PS4 version wasn't on sale.

The PS4 version is $40 on Amazon and Gamestop, which is $10 off the MSRP. But it was still a bit much for me since I didn't want to pay a lot to double dip on the game. So I considered getting the PS3 version on PSN since it was cheaper.

However, I managed to find a used copy of the PS4 version at my local Gamestop for $31.49 and I had the $5 Kongregate coupon as well lowering the price more.

Good thing I looked around. The used copy was complete too with the booklet and case, whoever had it before really took good care of it.

Anyways, moral of the story: It's always good to look around :)

Grisaia kickstarter got me interested after seeing how messed up the anime was. Decided to split the cost with a friend who was only interested in the digital copy.
how big of a trainwreck was it? i only watch the first two episodes. it is not on my list of must watch right now.

i am hoping kantai collection about batteship girls, turn out good. because i enjoyed the anime

Arpeggio of Blue Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back