Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really would not recommend this game unless you're a hardcore rogue-like fan, and even then, you may find it's flaws outweight it's bright spots.
But a hardcore rogue-like wouldn't really care about how "lite" this game is, and wouldn't play it anyways.

It's closer to the Shiren the Wanderer games than something like Persona Q, the former I'm not a big fan of.

You progress by leveling your gear, and you can keep them safe. You can still be disarmed, but you can pick them up after the fight. If you don't, your pet might eat it.

Once you get like +50 weapon and +50 armor, it doesn't actually matter that you start at level 1. You'll steamroll everything but bosses.

You can make sure your pet learns the identify spell in the first few levels, which helps you traverse further. If he doesn't learn it, just go back to town and try again. It's relatively fast, cause the first levels come quickly.

I did lose stuff before because your pet can learn a skill to get inventory slots. But it can lose the skill (not randomly), which means you'll lose the items.

Sorry for the late reply: credit card.
No worries. I figured out that my problem was I was trying to pay with a American Express card, and they don't accept that. Which is odd because they say they do on the main page for the game and then when you reach the check out, it says they don't. Confused me a bit.

Anyone know Vita/PS3 games with English as the language on the Asia version? Know someone who's going to Hong Kong soon so I was going to ask them to get me some Vita games.

Not sure why you are even asking for our advice when so many people are telling you no.
if you actually read the posts you'd see that initially i was just asking about the mature content, then determined it wasn't an issue. Someone brought up the issue of the gameplay itself being too hard and my follow up post was regarding the gameplay, not the game content

anyway thanks to those who gave me some feedback. Im going to pass on it because it just sounds too difficult. I may look at Xblaze as a few of you suggested. I actually own it but havent played it

Anyone know Vita/PS3 games with English as the language on the Asia version? Know someone who's going to Hong Kong soon so I was going to ask them to get me some Vita games.
As stated, English subtitles are available through a patch. I was due to get this version originally, until Play-Asia contacted me right before it was due to ship with the patch BS, and they couldn't confirm it at the time if it worked or not, so I said **** off, I'll take my business elsewhere. I ordered the physical EU version from Amazon UK, and it arrived in the states within 10 days, no issues.

Can confirm the crunchyroll ads he spoke of - giving books to kids, the dads and their kids ones I've seen tons of, and I've seen a few rhino ones XD
makes me want to go buy a white rhino and ride it around chasing kids and throwing books at them. and then ram it into a prius because its a luxury car :p

also keep on getting the nude korean stars ad >.>

SAO Hollow uses Chinese/Eng subs. Keep in mind that the sub's quality is questionable. Also they should keep an eye out for Cyber Sleuth in case Bandai includes Engrish sub.

But a hardcore rogue-like wouldn't really care about how "lite" this game is, and wouldn't play it anyways.

It's closer to the Shiren the Wanderer games than something like Persona Q, the former I'm not a big fan of.

You progress by leveling your gear, and you can keep them safe. You can still be disarmed, but you can pick them up after the fight. If you don't, your pet might eat it.

Once you get like +50 weapon and +50 armor, it doesn't actually matter that you start at level 1. You'll steamroll everything but bosses.

You can make sure your pet learns the identify spell in the first few levels, which helps you traverse further. If he doesn't learn it, just go back to town and try again. It's relatively fast, cause the first levels come quickly.

I did lose stuff before because your pet can learn a skill to get inventory slots. But it can lose the skill (not randomly), which means you'll lose the items.
Yeah, most people who play rogue-like games wont be interested in this title, but there really aren't that many of these type games on the vita, so I bought in. I really dont like the idea of having to continually re-roll for kuu's abilities, especially if it only lasts for one dungeon run, it's just more tedium and not really a part of a rogue-like game. Points for taking a chance to put a spin on pets, but it did not work out really well IMHO.

Most of the time, I'll just try to plow right through the dungeons, especially on those special monster levels. It's a good way to try to level up your character, but like you said, with +50 gear and above, most monsters dont stand a chance. Gold is really the limiting factor in crafting decent gear. I can usually find enough items to put in my slots to boost my character enough. Secret scrolls are not too difficult to find.

SAO Hollow uses Chinese/Eng subs. Keep in mind that the sub's quality is questionable. Also they should keep an eye out for Cyber Sleuth in case Bandai includes Engrish sub.
Also keep in mind its very expensive to buy sword art onlines physical edition. ha I misred shivans post as god is really the limiting factor in crafting decent gear.

if you actually read the posts you'd see that initially i was just asking about the mature content, then determined it wasn't an issue. Someone brought up the issue of the gameplay itself being too hard and my follow up post was regarding the gameplay, not the game content

anyway thanks to those who gave me some feedback. Im going to pass on it because it just sounds too difficult. I may look at Xblaze as a few of you suggested. I actually own it but havent played it
If you actually read the posts, or had some common sense, you'd know that Dangan Ronpa is not appropriate for an 8year old on any level. But like this latest post you came here just to argue instead of listening to the thoughtful advice people provided you. You asked people for their advice, and then argued with the responses. Bravo.

Xblaze huh? After everything, this is the conclusion you came to? Yes, an 8yr old would love to play a mature rated 56 metacritic story game where the gameplay consists of dialogue and themes they can't understand. You're hopeless.

PS: 8yr olds love Super Mario, Smash Brothers, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Pokemon, or Skylanders.

I believe there's a physical copy of Child of Light that has English subs. Unsure, though.
Too bad I just bought the game for PS4 a couple weeks ago :(

Doesn't SAO have a huge patch though? I don't have or want another memory card, so I'd rather not get something where I need to patch it. And Cyber Sleuth apparently comes out March 12th, which is a couple days after my friend comes back ;-;

So far the only thing I've found an interest in are the Gundam games, which I hear you don't need to know Japanese to play?

Too bad I just bought the game for PS4 a couple weeks ago :(

Doesn't SAO have a huge patch though? I don't have or want another memory card, so I'd rather not get something where I need to patch it. And Cyber Sleuth apparently comes out March 12th, which is a couple days after my friend comes back ;-;

So far the only thing I've found an interest in are the Gundam games, which I hear you don't need to know Japanese to play?
SAOs patch is around 1 gb or maybe a little less. I just remember my game being 3 gbs or so with the patch

Gundam SEED Battle Destiny and the Gundam Extreme Vs. Series require little knowledge. You can search up menu translations and guides for them. Also Gundam Breaker

Ill import Cyber Sleuth right away if they had engrish subs

SAOs patch is around 1 gb or maybe a little less. I just remember my game being 3 gbs or so with the patch

Gundam SEED Battle Destiny and the Gundam Extreme Vs. Series require little knowledge. You can search up menu translations and guides for them. Also Gundam Breaker

Ill import Cyber Sleuth right away if they had engrish subs
Memory isn't the issue. It's downloading it. It's one of those DLC like things that you have to find in the store right? Which would mean I would need another memory card with an Asian PSN account.

Memory isn't the issue. It's downloading it. It's one of those DLC like things that you have to find in the store right? Which would mean I would need another memory card with an Asian PSN account.
It automatically detects that it requires a patch and begins the download. No need to go to the store. You can ask Cloyd about it

Got Persona Q - The Wild Cards Edition for 56.79 after GCU @ Best Buy. It's the cheapest I've seen it. 

If you actually read the posts, or had some common sense, you'd know that Dangan Ronpa is not appropriate for an 8year old on any level. But like this latest post you came here just to argue instead of listening to the thoughtful advice people provided you. You asked people for their advice, and then argued with the responses. Bravo.

Xblaze huh? After everything, this is the conclusion you came to? Yes, an 8yr old would love to play a mature rated 56 metacritic story game where the gameplay consists of dialogue and themes they can't understand. You're hopeless.

PS: 8yr olds love Super Mario, Smash Brothers, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Pokemon, or Skylanders.

What the hell are you talking about? *facepalm* whats with everyone getting all butt hurt over everything all the time. Im glad that you can determine what is appropriate for other peoples kids more than their families can. Not every child is the same. She is treated as a person not a ilttle kid. We dont talk down to her and she was watching crap like lord of the rings at 5.

I did listen to people's advice, thats why i friggin asked for it. I determined the content wasn't an issue and was asking follow ups to the GAMEPLAY, two totally seperate things. Dunno what crawled up your butt, but i was posting to thank the people that provided info and suggested a different game. I really dont see where i argued with anyone's response. I guess simply asking questions is arguing now?

and to your PS, she loves Mario, yes, but also REALLY loves the Wolf Among us, Dragon age, and other mature rated games. Dont go fucking preaching to other people how to raise their damn kids. I know what she can handle and that is why i was asking for clarification on the game. I figured this was the best thread to do so since its a niche game. I'm not sure if Xblaze would work, it was recommended by YBX87 and im going to take a look at it, but i was saying thank you for the suggestion.

yeesh. Im done talking about this; Again, thank you to those who gave me info on the game, maybe i'll play Xblaze first to see if it will work or just start her on something for the PC like Blue rose or Long live the queen or something. I have a bunch of random ones i got in bundle purchases. Thing was that i was specifically looking for a vita game at the moment though

What the hell are you talking about? *facepalm* whats with everyone getting all butt hurt over everything all the time. Im glad that you can determine what is appropriate for other peoples kids more than their families can.
Pretty sure everyone believed, sensibly, that the question typically was being asked to be interpreted holistically. Both gameplay difficulty and appropriateness should be factors. Just sayin'

visual novels news

harvest-december 3ds visual novels slated for release in the west

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/05/harvest-december-visual-novels-localized-nintendo-3ds/

Sekai Project: green lit sakura angels, if you want to see this game get release, you might want to click the steam link, and vote

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/05/winged-clouds-next-visual-novel-is-the-love-comedy-sakura-angels/

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=367329752
I went ahead and voted for the folks who enjhoy the VNs. I'm not a huge fan of them, but I'll support the people who are.

Well, since this is the Deal's thread for JPN games and all, here's another one, not much, but its something...

Kingdom Hearts III (PS4/X1) for $52 with FS with promo code EMCAKAT78 on NewEgg.

wtf bestbuy says its available for preorder then removes it from your cart when you try to submit your order
Probably cause it's out of stock? At least, the PS4 version had been since last night.

Also, I might finally be getting my Freedom Wars:

m8Agz4m.png

Probably cause it's out of stock? At least, the PS4 version had been since last night.

m8Agz4m.png

m8Agz4m.png
LOL, it took them a whole month to ship a game to you? you better start ordering CE/ games for instore pickup from bestbuy.com then

I guess gaming stereotypes do play out. The JRPG sells out in a day on the PS4 but the Xbox one is still in stock whereas for WWE 2K15, the collector's edition sells out for the Xbox one but not for the Ps4.

LOL, it took them a whole month to ship a game to you? you better start ordering CE/ games for instore pickup from bestbuy.com then
I'm pretty sure it was the UPS's fault, during the holiday season.

I actually was looking up the order number to send Best Buy an email about a replacement, and saw that it's updated since the New Year.

damn, no one posted when Type-0 CE went up for sale at Best Buy.  I checked nearly a week ago and it wasn't available yet.  Hope I didn't miss out completely.

damn, no one posted when Type-0 CE went up for sale at Best Buy. I checked nearly a week ago and it wasn't available yet. Hope I didn't miss out completely.
Yep, same here. I checked just a few days ago I believe. Hopefully more will show up so I can cancel my Amazon one and then someone can get that one. :p

Damn I didn't know it went up at best buy, could've used my gamers club discount.  :wall: I'd cancel my crappy $110 dollar pre-order in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back