Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess gaming stereotypes do play out. The JRPG sells out in a day on the PS4 but the Xbox one is still in stock whereas for WWE 2K15, the collector's edition sells out for the Xbox one but not for the Ps4.
It's not a stereotype. The majority of xbox owners don't care about japanese games.

Pretty much haha. I like Sony more for all my rpg's especially when it comes to FF.
Yep, I rarely ever play an RPG on anything other than my PS3. Unless it was an exclusive game like Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, or something like that. My son pretty much plays my 360 now exclusively.

Just pre-ordered the Type-0 CE through the SE store. Rather pay a bit more than totally miss it. Now I need to see what stuff on the NIS store I want to pre-order....

you probably think FFXV isn't gonna have lightning in it.
Why won't she die?

uFoIgJ8.jpg

LOL man, if you think Square has anything larger than the size of niche audience after a decade of lightning then you probably think FFXV isn't gonna have lightning in it.
Yeah no. FF has sold over 85 million copies + 10 million of FFXIII/2. Making a third version of a mediocre installment doesn't make it niche.

Holy eff.

I ordered Hyperdimension Neptunia from GameFly for $15 during their year end sale and they shipped me the Limited Edition. Sadly no playing cards but this was a nice surprise for someone who was just expecting the case and disc.

Holy eff.

I ordered Hyperdimension Neptunia from GameFly for $15 during their year end sale and they shipped me the Limited Edition. Sadly no playing cards but this was a nice surprise for someone who was just expecting the case and disc.
This isn't the ps vita one going for $300 is it? congrats anyways though

Yeah no. FF has sold over 85 million copies + 10 million of FFXIII/2. Making a third version of a mediocre installment doesn't make it niche.
We'll see how many people want their FF jpop flavored then bro.

Naw, it's the PS3 version. Still pretty happy as I didn't have it. I'm not even a Neptunia fan, haha.
Yeah that's a pretty sweet luck, say what you want about neptunia being weeb incarnate but they prob have the best collector's editions around for the price

damn, no one posted when Type-0 CE went up for sale at Best Buy. I checked nearly a week ago and it wasn't available yet. Hope I didn't miss out completely.
yeah, I was following this thread closely waiting for someone to post it @_@

hopefully it comes back for a bit but as far as I know the amazon one hasn't either so I don't have much hope.

It's really interesting how much many of us shop at Best Buy now due to Gamer's Club Unlocked discount.  It really can't be beat with that 20% off.  Day one purchases of LEs get delivered free to your house. 

It's really interesting how much many of us shop at Best Buy now due to Gamer's Club Unlocked discount. It really can't be beat with that 20% off. Day one purchases of LEs get delivered free to your house.
and free gift card, if they cancel your ce/LEs

Naw, it's the PS3 version. Still pretty happy as I didn't have it. I'm not even a Neptunia fan, haha.
That's why I ordered it after I heard some other people get the Premium Edition. It makes sense because originally the game only came as a limited edition. They only did a regular release after the price shot up.

I've been looking at getting Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc for Vita... Anyone seen it anywhere for under MSRP? It seems pretty rare to find a hard copy... I'm a military member and I walked into the exchange the other day and they had like 5 copies but all at MSRP. I was wondering if I could find somewhere with a low price to price match.

I've been looking at getting Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc for Vita... Anyone seen it anywhere for under MSRP? It seems pretty rare to find a hard copy... I'm a military member and I walked into the exchange the other day and they had like 5 copies but all at MSRP. I was wondering if I could find somewhere with a low price to price match.
Think you're fuck out of luck mate. They wont be printing anymore copies so your best chance will be digital sales.

This is tempting. A little surprised both Danganronpa games haven't price dropped to $29.99 yet.

:wii: Calling was reprinted. $26 - http://www.amazon.com/Calling-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0030GBTYC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420634971&sr=8-1&keywords=Calling

I was able to get one for $22 so you can keep an eye to see if it goes even cheaper.
This game looks interesting. Now if Xseed would reprint Ju-On: the Grudge. That would nice to compliment Calling.

Gamestop sale prices that started today:

:ps3: One Piece: Unlimited World Red - $29.99/$24.99 new/used

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/one-piece-unlimited-world-red/114438

:vita: One PIece: Unlimited World Red - $19.99/$17.99 new/used

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/one-piece-unlimited-world-red/114437

:vita: Tales of Hearts R - $29.99/$27.99 new/used

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/tales-of-hearts-r-gamestop-exclusive/114644
Hmmm, PS3 or PS VIta for One Piece? I've already beaten Tales of Hearts R, and love it.

Hmmm, PS3 or PS VIta for One Piece? I've already beaten Tales of Hearts R, and love it.
UWR felt perfect on Vita IMO. If you care about trophies, there's one that requires multiplayer via ad-hoc, but you could also "rent" a PS3 copy, bring over your save file with cross-save, earn it with a second PS3 controller, then bring your save back over to the Vita copy and return the PS3 one to GS.

UWR felt perfect on Vita IMO. If you care about trophies, there's one that requires multiplayer via ad-hoc, but you could also "rent" a PS3 copy, bring over your save file with cross-save, earn it with a second PS3 controller, then bring your save back over to the Vita copy and return the PS3 one to GS.
With birthday coupon and PUR, it's almost at the $10 buy point for me!... hmmm, maybe I'll have the wifey spring for this if I can find it used in my area. Does this game have original japanese voice acting for the US version or at the very least the same voice acting as the US dubbed anime series?

Gamestop sale prices that started today:

:ps3: One Piece: Unlimited World Red - $29.99/$24.99 new/used
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/one-piece-unlimited-world-red/114438

:vita: One PIece: Unlimited World Red - $19.99/$17.99 new/used
http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/one-piece-unlimited-world-red/114437

:vita: Tales of Hearts R - $29.99/$27.99 new/used
http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/tales-of-hearts-r-gamestop-exclusive/114644
Well damn. Looks like im picking up tales and one piece. Glad i held off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back