Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
fuck bought tales full price at amazon the other day..
Um, Amazon doesn't sell it. Unless you mean a third-party selilng at $49.99, which is already $10 above MSRP.

"My" Freedom Wars package got delivered to another city, so no, I guess I will be contacting Best Buy about a replacement afterall.

jqP8Y9d.png

Bamco sold Tales of Hearts R directly through their Amazon storefront (fulfilled by Amazon).   I picked it up through them when they were running their B2G1 sale over black Friday weekend.

Cool got Tales, but Gawd damn gamestop and their gutted copies. Seems every time I get a game from them it's the last one, ala.. the one from the shelf with the sticker on it.  fuck

Hence why I never go there.

Hmm, might buy it for $29.99 and return it with my old receipt for $39.99. Is that frowned upon?
If anything, the employee might frown upon it, but as long as you bought it within the holiday return period and your receipt mentions it, go get your $10+tax difference.

What the hell are you talking about? *facepalm* whats with everyone getting all butt hurt over everything all the time. Im glad that you can determine what is appropriate for other peoples kids more than their families can. Not every child is the same. She is treated as a person not a ilttle kid. We dont talk down to her and she was watching crap like lord of the rings at 5.

I did listen to people's advice, thats why i friggin asked for it. I determined the content wasn't an issue and was asking follow ups to the GAMEPLAY, two totally seperate things. Dunno what crawled up your butt, but i was posting to thank the people that provided info and suggested a different game. I really dont see where i argued with anyone's response. I guess simply asking questions is arguing now?

and to your PS, she loves Mario, yes, but also REALLY loves the Wolf Among us, Dragon age, and other mature rated games. Dont go fucking preaching to other people how to raise their damn kids. I know what she can handle and that is why i was asking for clarification on the game. I figured this was the best thread to do so since its a niche game. I'm not sure if Xblaze would work, it was recommended by YBX87 and im going to take a look at it, but i was saying thank you for the suggestion.

yeesh. Im done talking about this; Again, thank you to those who gave me info on the game, maybe i'll play Xblaze first to see if it will work or just start her on something for the PC like Blue rose or Long live the queen or something. I have a bunch of random ones i got in bundle purchases. Thing was that i was specifically looking for a vita game at the moment though
What the fuck am I reading, rofl. Dude... the point everyone is making is that while the gameplay is arguably safe the content is factually unsuitable for a child's development. It has nothing to with your parenting preferences or assuming people concern your child's upbringing. Your ignorance shone through when you dared to type that you treated her "as a person" rather than "as a child". Bitch, please. Let's converse in literals. Is she not your biological offspring who is of elementary school-age? Then a child she undisputed is. It is indeed, your privileged duty to determine what your child is exposed to according to your opinion, but that doesn't begin to prove you were right until she becomes a morally upstanding member of society into adulthood as a result. Train up a child in the way they should go and they shall not depart from it, So if you are 100% sure that the things you guide her in are absolute then fuck-all and Godspeed. Though if you keep spewing forth arrogance just because you can't handle a negative consensus, then you should re-evaluate your standards of video game moderation.

Um, Amazon doesn't sell it. Unless you mean a third-party selilng at $49.99, which is already $10 above MSRP.

"My" Freedom Wars package got delivered to another city, so no, I guess I will be contacting Best Buy about a replacement afterall.

jqP8Y9d.png
Oh i ment amazon warehouse, and yeah i don't think i can get price adjusted it was like 39$ like new i don't really care /: i had credit to make it 6$. But i also don't want to contact amazon alot for small problems since they tend to send emails about people complaining to much and it being send to investigating team to determine if they should close your account, its really stupid.

Oh i ment amazon warehouse, and yeah i don't think i can get price adjusted it was like 39$ like new i don't really care /: i had credit to make it 6$. But i also don't want to contact amazon alot for small problems since they tend to send emails about people complaining to much and it being send to investigating team to determine if they should close your account, its really stupid.
I think you would still save money eating the return postage to Amazon.

If anything, the employee might frown upon it, but as long as you bought it within the holiday return period and your receipt mentions it, go get your $10+tax difference.
yeah, that is their form of pricematching/ price adjustment. instead of it being a straight up return

The problem with GS is that there is always that 1 gutted new copy....if it's low stock on the site...that's your copy. If not...you may get lucky but I have seen multiple gutted games for the same game. Shrink wrap...what is that? 

The problem with GS is that there is always that 1 gutted new copy....if it's low stock on the site...that's your copy. If not...you may get lucky but I have seen multiple gutted games for the same game. Shrink wrap...what is that?
not my experience with japanese niche titles that had been listed in this thread, either they don't have it at all, or it is sealed, and the last copy. rarely, have they had it in stock, and gutted. now mainstream western games by american publishers is another story.

not my experience with japanese niche titles that had been listed in this thread, either they don't have it at all, or it is sealed, and the last copy. rarely, have they had it in stock, and gutted. now mainstream western games by american publishers is another story.
Lucky! I still remember going in on the day Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 was available, since I didn't order it from Amazon and wanted to play it. I was like oh man....it just came out...it wont be opened right? Was already gutted by the time I got there in the afternoon.....still a decent game though.

Lucky! I still remember going in on the day Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 was available since I didn't order it from Amazon and wanted to play it. I was like oh man....it just came out...it wont be opened right? Was already gutted by the time I got there in the afternoon.....still a decent game though.
everytime i go to preorder one of the niches title listed in this thread at gs, not one employee know what it is , or even heard of the game. until i asked to preorder it.

With birthday coupon and PUR, it's almost at the $10 buy point for me!... hmmm, maybe I'll have the wifey spring for this if I can find it used in my area. Does this game have original japanese voice acting for the US version or at the very least the same voice acting as the US dubbed anime series?
jpn only from what I recall but that's because funimation is years behind on the series. They only just got to water 7 arc and the game covers more than that I believe. Also there was more than one dub and I doubt you'd ever want the 4kids version (though main cast wise they are better than the funimation ones besides the awful abomination that was brooklyn rage sanji eww) vivi surprisingly sucks in both versions /shock.

With birthday coupon and PUR, it's almost at the $10 buy point for me!... hmmm, maybe I'll have the wifey spring for this if I can find it used in my area. Does this game have original japanese voice acting for the US version or at the very least the same voice acting as the US dubbed anime series?
Japanese-only with subtitles like shadowysea07 said.

clannad visual novel opening song english subtitled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayOi8nqzzeg

jpn only from what I recall but that's because funimation is years behind on the series. They only just got to water 7 arc and the game covers more than that I believe. Also there was more than one dub and I doubt you'd ever want the 4kids version (though main cast wise they are better than the funimation ones besides the awful abomination that was brooklyn rage sanji eww) vivi surprisingly sucks in both versions /shock.
That's fine. It is what I wanted anyway.

I was able to get Danganronpa used from Gamefly for ~$28 with my member discount. They won't let you buy it straight up but they will let you keep it for that price after renting it.

That working with GCU? Not showing the discount for me

Edit: Nevermind. Got one. 39.99 with GCU. Glad I waited to order. :)

i

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D Limited Edition Bundle bestbuy.com hurry gogoo!

this is probably your last chance, once this hits SD

last chance, it hit SD front page, don't say nobody broadcast it like the final fantasy type 0 HD CE.

That working with GCU? Not showing the discount for me

Edit: Nevermind. Got one. 39.99 with GCU. Glad I waited to order. :)
it is dead/ sold out, save yourself the heart break/ tears. and pretend i never posted that link

I backed up Clannad when it started. Grisaia I am still sort of debating on. Friend is eager to get me to split the $120 set with him since he only wants digital. 

I backed up Clannad when it started. Grisaia I am still sort of debating on. Friend is eager to get me to split the $120 set with him since he only wants digital.
i actually marathoned through the grisaia the anime. it is not that bad. i will probably watch the rest of the trilogy, if it does get animated, if i have nothing else to watch.

Well, I'm getting one.  It's more then I ever spend on a game, and we don't get the rocking Skull Kid poster, but I'm getting one.

Are there any major improvements to this version of Clannad over say the PSP one?
Nothing new from what I understand other than HD assets. Having an official localized copy of the game with that sexy LE box w/ extras is where its at though lol.

For the Clannad Kickstarter, I'm going to bite on the $50 physical release tomorrow before it ends on friday. However, it shows on one side that $50 only gets the physical copy, while if you scroll down, $50 gets you the physical copy alongside the album and fanbook. Can anyone clarify a little more about the discrepancies? It may just be the physical copy will include them, but not entirely sure...

Will back the Grisaia Kickstarter when Sekai announces that Sony gave them the approval for a Vita Port (which is a big maybe).
I'm with you. My backing all depends on whether not I can get it on the PS Vita. Not a big PC gamer, and I wouldn't much like playing a Visual Novel on anything other than a handheld.

I'm with you. My backing all depends on whether not I can get it on the PS Vita. Not a big PC gamer, and I wouldn't much like playing a Visual Novel on anything other than a handheld.
I would really be surprised if the Vita version doesn't get approved. But then again SCEA is really stupid when it comes to the vita.

Only reason why I didn't back the CLANNAD Kickstarter was that they had no intention of releasing a Vita/PS3 port. Key did say they were only interested in the PC Release for the time being and will consider it depending on the success of the digital release.

But for Grisaia, I'm all in if they give the thumbs up for the Vita Port, especially if its a physical edition. But that's just my personal preference. Been checking every few days in the Updates Section for anything new.

For the Clannad Kickstarter, I'm going to bite on the $50 physical release tomorrow before it ends on friday. However, it shows on one side that $50 only gets the physical copy, while if you scroll down, $50 gets you the physical copy alongside the album and fanbook. Can anyone clarify a little more about the discrepancies? It may just be the physical copy will include them, but not entirely sure...
The album and fanbook were added cause of a stretch goal. The $50 tier one will have the album and fanbook.

Source: They answered it in an update.

We've received many questions about the differences between the $50 tier, $50 add on, and the $125 tier that includes a physical copy of CLANNAD.
In short they're all the same, in Update #3 all physical versions pledged during this Kickstarter (and PayPal) will be upgraded to include a physical edition of the CLANNAD MABINOGI Arrange Album and 80-page physical version of the CLANNAD Fanbook!

MASSIVE BACKLOG OF THREAD REPLIES! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Does anyone know if the first Danganronpa went out of print? The price went way up on Amazon and my local GS is out now. :wall:
It is still available on NISAmerica for $40. The reason "Amazon's" price fluctuates on this game is that they seem to keep a very low stock and then the price hikes on occasion when the next cheapest private seller bumps to priority--at least that's what happened to me when my $40 copy jumped to $60 in my shopping cart during Christmas.

Is Record of Agarest War / Agarest: Generations of War much different between PC / console?

I noticed submissions on HowLongToBeat are waaaay lower for PC. Like 40-60 hours vs ~150ish. (go here, click "submissions", wait for spinning thing. Site is a little slow)

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=7668

Is it that much faster on PC or something?
Probably a reflection on varying user habits from platform to platform: a PS3 game is not finished until you have the platinum, whereas games without achievement or trophy checklists are generally finished once the user sees the ending credits. Agarest is a solid strategy game with a bit of grinding and paying attention to get all the crafting and items finished, where I reckon most of the time variation is coming from. PS3 also has DLC that can help overpower you through the game and is definitely not required--for the first playthru at least.

I ordered Hyperdimension Neptunia from GameFly for $15 during their year end sale and they shipped me the Limited Edition.
Wow, man, that is awesome, and with the nature of GameFly, all the Limited Edition pieces should be "like new," basically just taken out of packaging and put into storage, not molested by several different homeowners and passed around like cheap champagne.

I've been looking at getting Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc for Vita... Anyone seen it anywhere for under MSRP? It seems pretty rare to find a hard copy... I'm a military member and I walked into the exchange the other day and they had like 5 copies but all at MSRP. I was wondering if I could find somewhere with a low price to price match.
http://www.nisamerica.com/ It's not sold out and you don't need to resort to digital if that's not your cup of tea. The game's strong MSRP is a bit of a mystery to everybody, it seems. It is such a good game I bought a 2nd copy for my brother months after I finished it, one because I wanted him to be able to check it out, and two because I am unable to part with my non-limited edition copy. The limited editions on this game, though, are greatly overpriced and it miffs me to no end.

Gamestop sale prices that started today:

:vita: Tales of Hearts R - $29.99/$27.99 new/used

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/tales-of-hearts-r-gamestop-exclusive/114644
Man! Someone dicked the price gougers and that person was none other than... Gamestop?! Holy surprise hero.

Cool got Tales, but Gawd damn gamestop and their gutted copies. Seems every time I get a game from them it's the last one, ala.. the one from the shelf with the sticker on it. fuck

Hence why I never go there.
I gave up Gamestop a long time ago, but aren't all Vita games technically gutted, all manuals digital and on-disc. Still, though, even if that was the last copy in the store, they should at LEAST let you open SOMETHING (and not judge you for whiffing the inner factory-sealed greatness). Don't get me going without directing me to the appropriate thread, because a discussion further on the matter would require several other threads. Let's just say my last experience with them was when I tried buying used copies of Diablo III and Resident Evil 6, and they put both in plastic sleeves, and I had to literally ask the guy to put them in their cases, which was AFTER he ran my credit, and only at this time did he mention that they didn't have any box for Diablo III, so I searched and I search and I SEARCHED and finally found an eBay store with the sleeve and manual for $6, at which point I vowed to stop shopping at a store that continously causes me grief. Pretty much been NISA, Amazon, and eBay exclusive for a year or more and I've experienced little to no regret. (I have also found that many people's Gamestop experiences may vary from one region to another--not all Gamestop employees are trained to be in cahoots with the devil--just my personal experience has lead me to A LOT of Internet venting.)

Also in other news: still no update on Idea Factory's facebook regarding Re;birth 2. I also decided that one copy of Bloodborne will be enough for me. I also decided to probably pass on type-0's limited edition--then after reading recent posts became filled with more regret on not preordering just ONE copy! NOOO! But seriously, I think I will be happy with two upcoming of everything from NISA store, one Bloodborne, and--according to Idea Factory--one copy of Re;birth 2 and one per household... so expecting the worst on this one. Any adults with the nerve to ask their parents to order their 2nd copy?

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Probably a reflection on varying user habits from platform to platform: a PS3 game is not finished until you have the platinum, whereas games without achievement or trophy checklists are generally finished once the user sees the ending credits. Agarest is a solid strategy game with a bit of grinding and paying attention to get all the crafting and items finished, where I reckon most of the time variation is coming from. PS3 also has DLC that can help overpower you through the game and is definitely not required--for the first playthru at least.[/SIZE]
All versions of Agarest War have achievements. The Steam achievements look to be identical to the PS3 trophies. The 360 has quite a few more achievements, though--looks like one for each bride as well as some additional stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back