Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ib2p4GwZbLFJKo.png

Wasn't rune factory out in 2013? Unless they mean the Europe release. Anyway I'm glad forbidden magna is "confirmed". Was looking forward to that one.

Is Idea Factory the store that last time had that preorder through amazon around 3AM EST and most people were having issues preordering the game that eventually became a fiasco? lol
No amazon was. This is kinda stupid though. All it means is that twitter is going to have a shitfit of f5ing as well. I'm gonna love it when they link to some random place that requires you make an account before purchasing as well

Isn't that game also on ps4? Why would they only bring over the ps3 version. Lame
Is Z2: Chaos on PS4 the same game? I thought it was a different entry in the series. I have Z2 imported, but not Kagura with Nonono, so I'll pick it up when they release it.

Then they should not have put down 8 question marks.

EDIT: New Image

p75gNih.jpg
xseed PR poster over at gaf, sort of confirmed one game amongst the rumors, which is trails in the sky SC, Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=146834630&postcount=466

Originally Posted by zero shift

I was under the impression that Trails SC was on the backburner for so long before the first game sold like shit on the PSP. However since XSeed saw that the PC release of the game sold well they've decided to speed up the process.

XSEED PR: That's not entirely true. SC was always in the cards, but because of its immense size, we couldn't prioritize it over other titles that could be localized more quickly because -- especially at the time -- we weren't exactly making money hand over fist, and a game that requires THAT MUCH manpower and time isn't going to help us keep our doors open and put food on our tables.

So, we outsourced it to Carpe Fulgur, who were very helpful and more than willing to take on the project on our behalves. Considering the manpower at Carpe Fulgur, and the fact that they too had their own projects to work on, I think they did a pretty nice job getting it done in a reasonable amount of time... as reasonable as can be expected with a game of that size and scope under those specific circumstances, anyway.

We actually never "sped it up," either -- rather, it just got done. It's been in progress this whole time, and the proof lies in the fact that we now have a more-or-less complete script to work with. The reason we released the PC version when we did, in fact, was because SC was nearing completion, and we wanted to make sure that when FC made its second debut, fans didn't have such a tremendously long time to wait for the followup... again.

So ultimately, it wasn't the success of the PC version that drove us to speed up our work on SC, but rather the nearing completion of SC that drove us to release Trails on Steam and GOG when we did.

Yes, our work on the series probably could've been handled better, but I don't see how we or Carpe Fulgur could've known any of the hurdles that would pop up when going into this project (even you guys don't know all of them -- the amount of drama surrounding these games is kind of unreal!). We're older and wiser now, and better equipped to deal with future titles of this size than ever before... but one cannot retroactively apply present wisdom to the decisions of the past.

Bottom line is, we did the best we could at the time, and we're poised to release the thing this year now that all the pieces have fallen into place. We're sorry to have made you guys wait, but we're confident that the wait will be worth it. Try to keep positive and be patient just the tiniest bit longer, and you will have the game you've been seeking.

Lol, I guess it's too late for me to say I kind of thought there were only going to be 4 titles, based on how the shading was.

We play Danganronpa. We can reason now. Maybe they're reserving those spots for box arts..?

The XSEED Rep did say

...Also, as a general aside, please note that the silhouettes on our New Year's card are more representative of the characters depicted on them than they are of any specific games. Not that it'll necessarily make a difference in most cases, but just FYI!,
So. There is a slight chance that they might actually be actually teasing Onechanbara the PS4 game instead of the PS3 one. But that's just my opinion

The XSEED Rep did say

So. There is a slight chance that they might actually be actually teasing Onechanbara the PS4 game instead of the PS3 one. But that's just my opinion
Leaves open the possibility of the PS4 version. I'm fine with either I just don't want it to be digital only.

Crap

I hope that last game is Corpse Party Blood Drive.
That is the closest one found so far for the final one and is believed to be the one:

unnamed.gif

Not to mention they registered the domain for it somewhat recently.

EDIT: Latest neogaf image of it:

wAB4txm.jpg

2015 Titles are (as a reminder):

- Brandish: The Dark Revenant (PSP/Vita/PS TV)

- Corpse Party (PC)

- Story of Seasons (3DS)

- Trails in the Sky SC (PSP/Vita/PC) [Don't know about PS TV]

And of course there are two other websites that were recently registered by XSeed, which are:

Xanadu Next (PC)

Trails of Cold Steel (Thought to be Sen no Kiseki) - I doubt this will be out this year, but one can always hope.

not out of print i don't know ive been hearing people a few post back saying they couldn't find it for msrp price. That is why.
At this point they aren't making any new copies. They are just selling whatever stock thats left. Right now only NISA has any stock.

I managed to snag the second to last Trigger Happy Havoc Gamestop had in the KC area. I couldn't find it for MSRP on Amazon, and Gamestop is the only company that carries physical copies of it in KC that I know of.

Has anyone played Demon Gaze? Do you think its a good game?

I managed to snag the second to last Trigger Happy Havoc Gamestop had in the KC area. I couldn't find it for MSRP on Amazon, and Gamestop is the only company that carries physical copies of it in KC that I know of.

Pretty standard dungeon crawl kinda like class of heroes. It's not bad but the fanbase will make you want to kill yourself.

I'm sorry, but what's the fascination with physical Vita games? I bought Danganronpa 2 at retail (got the first digital) and there was literally *nothing* in the case other than the cart.  Was there a limited edition with some extras?  Did I get hosed? Or is this just general rebellion against digital goods?

I'm sorry, but what's the fascination with physical Vita games? I bought Danganronpa 2 at retail (got the first digital) and there was literally *nothing* in the case other than the cart. Was there a limited edition with some extras? Did I get hosed? Or is this just general rebellion against digital goods?
General rebellion against digital goods, magnified on the Vita because a higher percentage of releases are digital only.

I'm sorry, but what's the fascination with physical Vita games? I bought Danganronpa 2 at retail (got the first digital) and there was literally *nothing* in the case other than the cart. Was there a limited edition with some extras? Did I get hosed? Or is this just general rebellion against digital goods?
Cuz artwork and awesome vita cases and collection. There are a few games i have bought for cover art alone. Granted i usually buy those at CAG pricing.

Maybe some of us like holding physical, that and I'd rather pay money for a game and not for an obsolete storage device.

For me, I was able to buy most games very cheap, so why pay more for digital, when I can have the actual game cheaply. Then there is the sale factor. I can sale most games that I've finished for the cost I paid, which in turn allows me to buy other games. Currently I'm actually just collecting games, but if I change my mind, it's good to know I can recoup some funds going forward.

I have a 32gb card, but I'm not paying any more than I have to for Sony's hostage prices on proprietary memory cards.

Two reasons for me. #1 is just because I like full shelves.

#2 is because I support a format future collectors and gamers will be able to purchase when they hear about a great old game on the retro PS Vita system, but the online store has long since been shut down.

Gamestop was the only place around here to get it. I got what was the last copy at Oak Park Mall a while back, where did you grab it?

And Demon Gaze is a lot of fun.

You can resell it and physical games also have more chances to go on sale. That's the only appeal for me. Others like to collect stuff, though.

You can rub physical copies all over your body, you can't do that with digital copies.

I can drag my sack all over physical copies and then sell them to Gamestop.  You can't do that with digital. 

Yeah okay, it's like I thought, just a general rebellion against digital.  

I was just wondering if it was something special with Danganronpa  since ppl were willing to pay MSRP when there have been digital sales. Just wondered if there was something extra.  Carry on.

I'm a collector. I like a physical representation of my games for my game wall. As long as the disc is physical and there is pretty art on the case I want it. The only physical releases I can't stand are the empty cases with download card inside.

Maybe I'm just old, but I like looking thru all my cases when deciding what to play....not just looking at a download queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back