Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
LE of Operation Abyss is up on the NIS America store now for preorder.
The outer box / LE looks awesome as always. I've been scooping up every LE from NISA for a while now, but I think I'm a little burnt out on first person dungeon crawling after Persona Q.

It's intriguing that this one has a more sci-fi setting though, at least.

I agree with you completely. Child of Light was one of those games that ended up being a complete surprise. I ended up beating it within 4 days and that was only because I was away from the house for a day and a half. I seriously never put it down. The music was fantastic as well.
Yeah, I forgot to mention the music. Loved the soundtrack. And of course the game itself is just gorgeous. I'm really hoping to see that Ubisoft team be allowed to work on more small projects like Child of Light.

Is Operation Abyss likely to sell out quickly? I loved Demon Gaze and am actually tempted to make OA the only LE edition I've ever bought just for a supporting the company kind of standpoint.

Absolutely would resell that stuff when I beat it, but still.

Is Operation Abyss likely to sell out quickly? I loved Demon Gaze and am actually tempted to make OA the only LE edition I've ever bought just for a supporting the company kind of standpoint.

Absolutely would resell that stuff when I beat it, but still.
I don't think it will sell out too quickly. The Demon Gaze LE can still be found for not much more than msrp/fees.

Well, unlocked all the girls in HuniePop. It was actually a pretty good game. My only complaint is the difficulty of the match 3 minigame (it ramps up way too quickly), other than that it was solid. The voice acting is solid, as for the story/writing. It's not Shakespeare, but I didn't mind it. Best grill is Aiko by far. As for the bitch-dere route... I simply couldn't handle it. I'm not man enough for that.

Hm. Maybe BB will list it. If they do it'd be ~$40 for the LE, which I'd definitely do. Otherwise I'll probably grab the base version for $32 if they have that.

Neither is listed so far, though Amazon does have the base game.

Hm. Maybe BB will list it. If they do it'd be ~$40 for the LE, which I'd definitely do. Otherwise I'll probably grab the base version for $32 if they have that.

Neither is listed so far, though Amazon does have the base game.
Very unlikely. Every LE or CE NIS America has done for at least the last three years has been exclusive to their online store.

Well, unlocked all the girls in HuniePop. It was actually a pretty good game. My only complaint is the difficulty of the match 3 minigame (it ramps up way too quickly), other than that it was solid. The voice acting is solid, as for the story/writing. It's not Shakespeare, but I didn't mind it. Best grill is Aiko by far. As for the bitch-dere route... I simply couldn't handle it. I'm not man enough for that.
The game is fun. I am disappointed that the sim elements were dumbed down though(am assuming due to budget reasons).

Damn, I didnt even know Hyperdimension didnt work on PS TV. I wonder why. Wonder if the 2nd one will
The picture in the Iffy store shows the compatible with the PSTV branding on the image of the game case, and I'm pretty sure they posted something awhile back confirming it does.

The picture in the Iffy store shows the compatible with the PSTV branding on the image of the game case, and I'm pretty sure they posted something awhile back confirming it does.
Yes, the second one will. I asked them about Re;birth 1 back in November and the possibility of it being made compatible and they replied with:

"We would love to have Re;Birth1 be compatible on the PS Vita TV, but at the moment we are burning the candle at both ends to make our upcoming titles as great as we can! A lot of fans are looking forward to LEs for these next couple of games, so we have our staff looking into that as well.

At the time Re;Birth1 was being localized, Vita TV-compatibility was not required by Sony, but we do have most of our upcoming titles planned as Vita TV-compatible. The specifics on which titles will be announced as we are able to confirm them for sure.

We don't want any IF or IFI fans to miss out on playing their Vita games on a big screen, and we appreciate your continued patience and understanding! Once we're able to confirm that any patches are underway for Re;Birth1, we will be sure to let you know!"

Interesting to see that the Re;Birth2 LE is still available for preorder with no sign of out of stock. Perhaps this mean they do have that much copies. What are the chances of price drop in the future?

Interesting to see that the Re;Birth2 LE is still available for preorder with no sign of out of stock. Perhaps this mean they do have that much copies. What are the chances of price drop in the future?
Hard to know. This is only IFI's second LE ever. This one could be a good litmus test to see how quickly they put things on sale from their own store.

I wont likely get Operation Abyss right away, though I do love the setting and all...sc-fi dungeon crawling sounds awesome. The extras are likely not worth about $15 more since the biggest draw is the soundtrack....pass for me for now.

I wont likely get Operation Abyss right away, though I do love the setting and all...sc-fi dungeon crawling sounds awesome. The extras are likely not worth about $15 more since the biggest draw is the soundtrack....pass for me for now.
I'll likely do the same thing I always do with a NisA release anymore...

preorder the limited... put it sealed on the shelf, and then look at it a year later sighing as it's still sealed and I have no plans on playing it, but am ok with it since it doubled in value :/

I got an early digital copy and can confirm that the one coming out to Vita is in fact compatible with the Playstation TV.

BTW I did play Natural Doctrine. I would only recommend it for people who like sRPGs quite a bit and are interested in a very unique battle system. The story, graphics, audio, and characters are all pretty weak. The game is very tedious because of some very unnecessarily poor movement mechanics and cut scene repetition. That and the many many game overs.

Pretty much the only reason I would recommend the game is because of the initiative and linking systems. I liked those quite a bit as it made the combat all about preventing the enemy from getting a turn or you end up having to defend your characters from an onslaught of quite a few enemies getting an attack while you have no chance to move. Any character dying is an instant game over and that is going to happen a lot even after you get a good understanding of the battle system.

So...get it cheap, IMO. It's already been quite a bit less than $42 so I'd pass on that deal. It's now $30 on Amazon for PS3/Vita and $37 for PS4. I'd say hold out for closer to $20 on the platform you want it on. 

Not sure if anyone has seen, but DanganRonpa 1 (pre-owned) is available for shipping at BB.com $24.99. I know some people were asking for a cheap copy. With GCU that brings it down to $22.50.

Also, The Show 15 is available for pre-order on PSVita for $20... not sure if that's right.

Natural Doctrine is on clearance for $41.99. I know a lot of people have given this game a bum rap, but with GCU, it makes it less expensive than Amazon ($40). Not sure if this game is like Danganronpa and OOP.
damn i missed Danganronpa. it is now back to store pickup only with none available anywhere close.

there is a gamestop about an hour away that has it preowned though... maybe i'll go for that. $17.99 is a nice price.

Yeah, that's MSRP on the Vita version. I did a double-take when I saw that too when it went live on Amazon a month or so back. Unfortunately, the Vita version is download-only, so inside the Vita game case is just a DLC voucher. I'll stick to PS4 version only this year unless I find a Vita download code in the $2-3 range.

I got my confirmation for Neptunia RB2. They're charging cards at 12PM pacific today (five hours from this post) and payment can only be changed until 9am pacific (two hours from now.) Aparently this is just for confirming order amounts and they will ship later.

Trying to decide if I want to get Type-0 HD. Looks pretty cool, but I'm also annoyed that the HD version is such a lazy upgrade. From what I can tell the textures are exactly the same as the original PSP game, it's just running at a higher resolution. The only changes to the port I can find are some balance modifications and that they stripped out the ad-hoc multiplayer. Hard to justify a full-priced release with that in mind.

My link was for ps4. Sorry, I should have made that more apparent. Also, gamefly is good if you don't mind imperfections in your discs.
Imperfections in your disc? I've seen quite a few people ask if this is an issue, and every response I've seen is that nobody every has problems with that.

Trying to decide if I want to get Type-0 HD. Looks pretty cool, but I'm also annoyed that the HD version is such a lazy upgrade. From what I can tell the textures are exactly the same as the original PSP game, it's just running at a higher resolution. The only changes to the port I can find are some balance modifications and that they stripped out the ad-hoc multiplayer. Hard to justify a full-priced release with that in mind.
That's why you only consider getting it from Best Buy with GCU. :whistle2:$

Imperfections in your disc? I've seen quite a few people ask if this is an issue, and every response I've seen is that nobody every has problems with that.
The imperfections on the disc do not usually cause any gameplay issue. I personally have an issue with the imperfections as they are cosmetic issues.

I got my confirmation for Neptunia RB2. They're charging cards at 12PM pacific today (five hours from this post) and payment can only be changed until 9am pacific (two hours from now.) Aparently this is just for confirming order amounts and they will ship later.
They charged my card within an hour of the pre-orders going live lol

I just realized I still have a $55 GC to Walmart from Christmas. I could get Type 0 HD and still have $15 left over for when KH 2.5 hits $20. Plus if I knock Type-0 HD out real quick and then trade it into BB I'd probably get $44 back. BB credit is more useful than Walmart credit anyway. Hm...  :whistle2:k

I just realized I still have a $55 GC to Walmart from Christmas. I could get Type 0 HD and still have $15 left over for when KH 2.5 hits $20. Plus if I knock Type-0 HD out real quick and then trade it into BB I'd probably get $44 back. BB credit is more useful than Walmart credit anyway. Hm... :whistle2:k
Walmart is starting to cancel preorders, so I'd be careful with that. Having Best Buy PM their prices via phone looks like the only really viable option right now.

Walmart is starting to cancel preorders, so I'd be careful with that. Having Best Buy PM their prices via phone looks like the only really viable option right now.
Oh, this was a mistake? That sucks. I'm not going to bother with the PM efforts, then. I only have $10 BB credit right now anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back