Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the wall scroll fanservicey? This sounds like a fun game, but I'm not paying for a limited edition that includes stuff I can't/won't use.
swallow the shame and life becomes better

Wow, are you guys aware of the negative buzz for Tales of Zestiria in Japan? It's pretty substantial.

http://zaveids.tumblr.com/post/109047131927/all-the-things-wrong-with-zestiria-and-some-more

Spoilers, FYI. I know it's hard to read.
Yeah they really jumped the shark on this one. It's like MGS2 if they made the snake part DLC

Wow, are you guys aware of the negative buzz for Tales of Zestiria in Japan? It's pretty substantial.

http://zaveids.tumblr.com/post/109047131927/all-the-things-wrong-with-zestiria-and-some-more

Spoilers, FYI. I know it's (literally) hard to read. This might actually be the first Tales game I skip since it sounds worse than Xillia, which I find impressive considering I think the two Xillias are the worst Tales games in the series. At the very least, I definitely won't be getting it at launch.
Really? I love Tales games, and found Xillia better than Graces. I enjoy them all though so maybe no the best person to be critical of the series.

Really? I love Tales games, and found Xillia better than Graces. I enjoy them all though so maybe no the best person to be critical of the series.
I tend to enjoy most RPGs, but the two Xillias felt off to me after playing the awesome Graces f, specifically in terms of the annoying characters and weak plot (with plotholes out the wazoo in Xillia 2). The battle system was the best part for those two.

Yeah, I'm going to buy it anyways. All too often I read about how critical people are being about a game and I end up enjoying it quite a bit.

Yeah, I'm going to buy it anyways. All too often I read about how critical people are being about a game and I end up enjoying it quite a bit.
I thought that at first, but quite a few of the complaints I'm reading aren't the kind of things that could be blown out of proportion:

-Alisha is barely in the game despite being one of the first characters revealed and shops still sell her exclusive weapon type

-the shop-rank system is back (I hated that in Xillia 1)

-there aren't as many skits

-you have to pay to use the teleport system

-max HP no longer rises when you level up (I admit this might not be that big a deal)

-attachments now have points attached (ha) to them and you're limited to 3 points

-skits only activate at Discovery Points or Save Points

-you can't use healing Artes outside of battle (a staple since Phantasia)

I thought that at first, but quite a few of the complaints I'm reading aren't the kind of things that could be blown out of proportion:

-Alisha is barely in the game despite being one of the first characters revealed and shops still sell her exclusive weapon type

-max HP no longer rises when you level up (I admit this might not be that big a deal)

-attachments now have points attached (ha) to them and you're limited to 3 points

That's a pretty hearty list. Looks like a lot of the things that make a Tales game or is tied to a Tales game has been nerfed to some extent. I can't say I'm sad that the skits aren't there, but it feels more like a Tales game when they are there. I'll admit to speeding through or skipping a lot of them altogether and disliked that Vesperia had an Achievement for seeing them all, which made it tedious.

That's a pretty hearty list. Looks like a lot of the things that make a Tales game or is tied to a Tales game has been nerfed to some extent. I can't say I'm sad that the skits aren't there, but it feels more like a Tales game when they are there. I'll admit to speeding through or skipping a lot of them altogether and disliked that Vesperia had an Achievement for seeing them all, which made it tedious.
I liked how Xillia handled the watch-skits-for-a-reward aspect by making it so you just had to watch most of them for a trophy, and Xillia 2 made it just a Title you earned for Grade.

I liked how Xillia handled the watch-skits-for-a-reward aspect by making it so you just had to watch most of them for a trophy, and Xillia 2 made it just a Title you earned for Grade.
I haven't played Xillia 2, yet, but I do like that feature. Otherwise I'll miss out on hitting "select" at the right time and missing the scene altogether. I tend to enjoy any little extra scene I can get. It goes back to the SNES era whenever I got to see an extra little cut scene to prolong my playing experience. Of course that's when games were 20-30 hours long and It was one of 3 games I owned.

Mine has posted normally, but I just used a card directly without PayPal.
I just checked and they double authorization charged my credit card even though I only ordered one. It's going to be really annoying if I have to call to get a refund if both charges are actually processed.

I just checked and they double authorization charged my credit card even though I only ordered one. It's going to be really annoying if I have to call to get a refund if both charges are actually processed.
Specifically I was talking about IFI, but it looks like NISA has done the same to me - double authorized.

Generally artbooks and sountracks I couldn't care less about as I never look at/listen to them at all. Throw something unique in and you'll have my attention.

I like soundtracks myself. Artbooks generally disappoint me unless it's a very nice probably not 10-15 page one. I'm falling out of love with CEs myself....usually also helps I wont play things right away. 

OMFG, same here what is up with these preorder companys?! Im having trouble with every online store... why is it such a problem... Just take my money and give me my damn LE!

Edit : Don't know if this was already posted but.

http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/hyperdevotion-noire-goddess-black-heart-limited-edition/

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart Limited Edition

Includes:

• Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart for the PlayStation®Vita system
  • "XOXO Noire" Wall Scroll
  • Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart Illustration Book
  • Collector's Box
  • Reversible Cover Sleeve Art
Just a wallscroll and artbook huh? I wonder if it's a full sized wall scroll. Probably not since that would complicate the size of the box and shipping.

I really liked Xillia. I liked the shop upgrade system. I only don't like how Xillia 2 had you go through the same place over and over again. And it was Sidequest: the game. Made the game so slow and tedious. Oh, and I love skits. Without skits there'd be so much less character interaction. I always get some good laughs from them.

Anyway, that's quite a few negative features. But I probably wouldn't notice after awhile. Seems like stuff you'd just eventually get used to.

I haven't played Xillia 2, yet, but I do like that feature. Otherwise I'll miss out on hitting "select" at the right time and missing the scene altogether. I tend to enjoy any little extra scene I can get. It goes back to the SNES era whenever I got to see an extra little cut scene to prolong my playing experience. Of course that's when games were 20-30 hours long and It was one of 3 games I owned.
I think in Xillia at least, if you miss the skit, it still shows up in the skit viewer thing in the menu. I went in there and saw 3 skits that I somehow missed during my playthrough. Could be wrong.

Anyupdates from iffy shipping and contacting nisa? They still havent't got to me -_- i work all day and cant call
I'm still stuck with the same as the last few weeks. I know for a fact they charged me about a week ago.

This order is marked as Awaiting Fulfillment

Your Order Contains:

• 1 x Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation Limited Edition

I'm still stuck with the same as the last few weeks. I know for a fact they charged me about a week ago.

This order is marked as Awaiting Fulfillment

Your Order Contains:

• 1 x Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation Limited Edition
You are not the only person. I had my payment taken from me on the 21st, but nothing on their website has been changed and still states the same as above.

You are not the only person. I had my payment taken from me on the 21st, but nothing on their website has been changed and still states the same as above.
On their Facebook page, they (Iffy) said they were going to start shipping today. It's pretty annoying that even with a charge almost a week ago, they couldn't get these out so we could have them on release day. Here is what the rep posted last night in response to someone who was complaining:

We began assembling for shipping last week, and the Limited Editions are slated to ship tomorrow. Thanks!

On their Facebook page, they (Iffy) said they were going to start shipping today. It's pretty annoying that even with a charge almost a week ago, they couldn't get these out so we could have them on release day. Here is what the rep posted last night in response to someone who was complaining:

We began assembling for shipping last week, and the Limited Editions are slated to ship tomorrow. Thanks!
Pathetic, but at least the game will work on release. Well, after release because thats when we will receive them.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/560131839814545410

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/560133416893812736

Anyone else get charged like 3-4x from NISA? (paid with cc)
Yes, I saw two charges from NISA - I called their CS number, and they told me that some people may have gotten multiple authorizations - they quickly removed one of those authorizations. Even so, that was quite an odd event.

Yes, I saw two charges from NISA - I called their CS number, and they told me that some people may have gotten multiple authorizations - they quickly removed one of those authorizations. Even so, that was quite an odd event.
There customer service line work today?:C

You have to like how namco is able to release tales games regularly. Look at how many persona game Altus releases since persona 4, and how many tales game in the same time. Btw the skits were handled the same way in graces f, only at save points and discovery

There customer service line work today?:C
Their hours are 10A to 6P PST (12P to 8P CST), I called around 12:30P, didn't have problems. In the past, I tried to submit tickets, but never got responses; I also tried voice mail, but that didn't seem to work.

It looks like Demon Gaze sprites in an SMT dungeon.

Would have bought day 1 without the screenshots anyways.
Agreed lolol! I actually enjoyed Demon Gaze alot and I have yet to beat the extra dungeon final boss, I probably need to grind to get past the constant barrage of bosses on the top floor >.< 1 was tough and now double? COMMON!

Agreed lolol! I actually enjoyed Demon Gaze alot and I have yet to beat the extra dungeon final boss, I probably need to grind to get past the constant barrage of bosses on the top floor >.< 1 was tough and now double? COMMON!
The top floor bosses were mostly easy though. Only 1-2 fights were hard, and it was harder than the final boss.

You have to like how namco is able to release tales games regularly. Look at how many persona game Altus releases since persona 4, and how many tales game in the same time. Btw the skits were handled the same way in graces f, only at save points and discovery
Whoops, I forgot about that. The other negative factors still stand, though, including the overall lower number of skits.

The top floor bosses were mostly easy though. Only 1-2 fights were hard, and it was harder than the final boss.
I only had trouble with one. It was about halfway through--I couldn't quite knock out one boss quickly enough and then they'd start switching places and just chewed me up. The one with Hermes, I think. I started grinding gear and that helped a ton--I'd been using the same old crap for ages and nothing I had was high-ranked.

Yea they aren't bad, pretty easy actually but the one that I keep getting stuck on is Uranus and Pluto! Attack like 5 damn times a turn knocking out Mars instantly or party members >.< gahhh

I only had trouble with one. It was about halfway through--I couldn't quite knock out one boss quickly enough and then they'd start switching places and just chewed me up. The one with Hermes, I think. I started grinding gear and that helped a ton--I'd been using the same old crap for ages and nothing I had was high-ranked.
Yep, that one. I had decent gear, but not up to par. I grinded for gear, and it wad doable after that. The final final boss was a lot easier than that fight.

Yea they aren't bad, pretty easy actually but the one that I keep getting stuck on is Uranus and Pluto! Attack like 5 damn times a turn knocking out Mars instantly or party members >.< gahhh
Probably this one too, for me. I just remember one of the demons being blue, so it probably was this fight.

Spoilers, FYI. I know it's (literally) hard to read. This might actually be the first Tales game I skip since it sounds worse than Xillia, which I find impressive considering I think the two Xillias are the worst Tales games in the series. At the very least, I definitely won't be getting it at launch.
I skimmed it quickly to avoid spoilers, but the fact that a certain character is unplayable for most of the game might make me skip getting it at launch for the full price. It honestly kind of sounds like they're going to make a definitive PS4 version in the future.

Did we ever figure out if that NISA thing was a scam? I got two emails and have two LE preorders, that fairy game and Criminal Girls. How are we supposed to sort this out?

Did we ever figure out if that NISA thing was a scam? I got two emails and have two LE preorders, that fairy game and Criminal Girls. How are we supposed to sort this out?
I doubt it's a scam. If you check your paypal account, you should see your initial payment as 'cancelled'. Also, you will see the same email they are asking you to send the payment to is the same email on the initial order.

My problem now is when I try to submit the payment through paypal, it keeps giving me an error and telling me to try later. It was doing the same thing to me yesterday. I emailed NISA support since I'm not sure what to do now. I guess I can keep trying later, but eventually I'm sure it'll get cancelled if I keep getting the same error. I'll just have to wait and see if they reply to my email.

I doubt it's a scam. If you check your paypal account, you should see your initial payment as 'cancelled'. Also, you will see the same email they are asking you to send the payment to is the same email on the initial order.

My problem now is when I try to submit the payment through paypal, it keeps giving me an error and telling me to try later. It was doing the same thing to me yesterday. I emailed NISA support since I'm not sure what to do now. I guess I can keep trying later, but eventually I'm sure it'll get cancelled if I keep getting the same error. I'll just have to wait and see if they reply to my email.
I send it as family or friend.. Because i was desprete for them to confirm my money just hoping it will all work out i know they can scam me if it was a real person trade lol.

Do we actually need to call or will these just fall off?

nisa is the worst for customer support, saw they canceled the preorders from nov, tried 3 days in a row the way they said, emailed, called,they refuse to answer, just went ahead and preordered them again and left a digruntle note in the paypal section when sending a payment, so we will see what happens, i'm either getting multiple copies and returning, 1 copy, or none at all, more pissed at not hearing anything from the scum at nis, could care less if i never get copies

nisa is the worst for customer support, saw they canceled the preorders from nov, tried 3 days in a row the way they said, emailed, called,they refuse to answer, just went ahead and preordered them again and left a digruntle note in the paypal section when sending a payment, so we will see what happens, i'm either getting multiple copies and returning, 1 copy, or none at all, more pissed at not hearing anything from the scum at nis, could care less if i never get copies
Actually, up until they did the website transition a short while ago, they've had the best customer service I've ever dealt with. They've always been very responsive and customer oriented, often going well out of their way to make sure the customer is satisfied. I'm not sure what's causing this latest bump, but I know Paypal created problems because they didn't set up the authorizations for long enough and I'm not sure why multiple authorizations are happening on credit cards. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here and expect that they will sort everything out in short order.

I got through to NIS a few minutes ago (I called the main corporate number, hit zero and asked the operator to be transferred to someone who could help me with a store issue).  Apparently calling customer service on the direct line doesn't work.  

The multiple charges on credit cards are just authorizations and a system error that will drop off in a few days.   You do not need to call unless the holds are causing a credit crunch for you in which case they can manually remove them.     

I wasn't planning on buying Zestiria on launch anyway, but how many of you actually care that Alisha isn't in the game much? I guess it's 'cause I haven't been following development but being told character you don't really know anything about isn't going to be a main party member doesn't sound like a big deal. Not defending bamco, but people are blowing it out of proportions because people waifu'd her from early screenshots.

Ys MoC is on PSN sale for $20 but it's been that price for physical. Just thought I'd mention in case anyone was interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back